AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-02-28, 17:53   Link #61
Dop
Mmmm....

Just finished watching this, and what a ride...

That last episode blew me away, but...
Spoiler:
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 15:20   Link #62
karumofin

so, has anyone actually seen the new movie?
karumofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 19:10   Link #63
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karumofin View Post

You know I was wondering about that too.
Old 2007-04-30, 19:34   Link #64
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by karumofin View Post
There's a second movie? When did this come out?
Old 2007-04-30, 21:48   Link #65
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
There's a second movie? When did this come out?

April 21st. Look here for more info.
Old 2007-04-30, 22:32   Link #66
Jeiku

... Apparently, only the truncated version of the first movie ever made it to DVD. Can someone explain to me, why? And is there any information on what got cut out from the movie?

By the way, I really hope ADV licenses the second one at least. It looks incredibly good.
Jeiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 00:04   Link #67
jpwong

Wow, I didn't know that was truncated, how long was the first movie in theaters (and why does the DVD list 45 min runtime on cdjapan if the DVD feature is only 30 mins)? Now I want to know what they removed too.

Oh well, I'm interested in knowing the premis of this new movie, since I can't read the japanese web site at all.
jpwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 03:55   Link #68
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
Wow, I didn't know that was truncated, how long was the first movie in theaters (and why does the DVD list 45 min runtime on cdjapan if the DVD feature is
The extra 15 minutes on the DVD are extras of no particular importance.

I'd also like to know the difference between theatrical release and the 30 minute entama version.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 08:16   Link #69
karumofin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
The extra 15 minutes on the DVD are extras of no particular importance.

I'd also like to know the difference between theatrical release and the 30 minute entama version.
give up... i have been trying to find out about that for years, noone knows. im assuming noone cares about something like KnT enough to bother...
karumofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-23, 03:42   Link #70
metronome
Mad Loli

metronome is reporting:

I have just watched this series and I am totally infatuated with this series!
too bad the anime doesnt cover all of the light novel

considering the number of fans for this anime series, I dont think the anime series will have its season 2 coming. they might put some movies here and there to cover the missing part, but that will be long, by the time they cover most of it, I wud have turned 30s or even 40s.

by the way, there is no way I could find the episode 00 I am pretty sure, since I have just started watching this series like 3-4 days ago and finish them all pretty quick.

well I checked amazon.com and they just have those vol 1 and 2, too bad they dont have it all 10 volumes of the light novel version. seems like I need to buy the japanese/chinese version erh.
metronome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-23, 04:02   Link #71
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Welcome to the club

Epsiode 00 is out there, but the rules state that I can't tell you where to find it.

If you've enjoyed Kino's Travels, I highly recommend trying Mushishi as well. It's also an episodic series, and very much in the same philosophic vein as Kino's Travels.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-23, 05:36   Link #72
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Actually, you can say where to find episode 00. It's listed on AnimeSuki!

Episode 0 and the movie, "Life Goes On" were never licensed so they are fair game. Go download both and rejoice at getting more Kino. There's a second movie was was recently released, so once that comes out on DVD it'll be fansubbed and we'll get even more Kino to enjoy.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-23, 06:21   Link #73
GriS

I also finish this awesome series recently... really nothing to say... i like how neat the story represents our traits.

I finally overcame my intolerance towards episodic series just to watch this, after hearing many praises. And I must say this one definitely goes to my top 10 list, though it's a bit too brief at just 13 episodes. I certainly wish for a sequel.

I couldn't stand Mushishi last time, but now I think about it, I was relatively new to anime that time and probably I should try it again.

The three men on the rails is the most memorable one, and among the favourites are episode 1, 12 and 13. episode 12 is an excellent analogy of how the victim of the bully tends to become the bully himself.
GriS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-23, 13:23   Link #74
metronome
Mad Loli

@tinyredleaf

I have watched mushishi long before I watched kino no tabi. shud have been the other way around. I really wonder why didnt I watch kino no tabi first before mushishi >.>!

@NoSanninWa

thanks for the info man, but well it is too bad that it has no seed anymore, and it seems like the link doesnt work anymore. seems like I am a bit too late >.>

watched the life goes on already, it is good since it explains more about the master.

any news when will the next movie be out?
I saw the list of the light novel of kino no tabi from wikipedia, and it seems like the anime has just animated like 3 to 4 volumes out of 10 volumes out there.

@gris

while I have no understanding about episode 9, I like the episode 1 too:P.
episode 12 is inspiring.
metronome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 08:18   Link #75
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by metronome View Post
I have watched mushishi long before I watched kino no tabi. shud have been the other way around. I really wonder why didnt I watch kino no tabi first before mushishi >.>!
Heh, that's same with me. In fact, that kinda spoiled the viewing experience of Kino no Tabi for me, because I was expecting something like Mushishi in Kino, which obviously I didn't get.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 17:11   Link #76
guess

I saw the novel of kino at some anime store! Was I surprised! Can someone give me some info about it? I checked out amazon.com and someone says that vol 1 is mostly about what has been seen in anime. I want something new. Should I start from vol 2 then? Is it as good as anime? How about translation?
Old 2007-05-28, 21:12   Link #77
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Send a message via Yahoo to zrdb
Funny-I got the boxset 1 1/2 years ago and watched 3 episodes and haven't touched it since, just sits there gathering dust.
Old 2007-05-28, 23:04   Link #78
StrawHatLuffy23

You should watch it. I got it last week and thought it was great. It's different then most anime and some parts really surprised me.
StrawHatLuffy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-03, 00:34   Link #79
rcxAsh
Do you Gentoo?

Hey does anyone know when the second book is coming out here in North America? Originally, I thought that I recall seeing on my favourite book store's website that it was supposed to be released early 2007, like in February or something. However, when I check back, Chapters.ca says that it's supposed to be published on June 20th, 2007.

Amazon.com is even worse, citing February 12, 2008. Ahh, it's going to take forever for me to get all the books... I'll be out of university and working full time by then it seems like haha...
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
I saw the novel of kino at some anime store! Was I surprised! Can someone give me some info about it? I checked out amazon.com and someone says that vol 1 is mostly about what has been seen in anime. I want something new. Should I start from vol 2 then? Is it as good as anime? How about translation?
I bought the first novel a while back; haven't finished reading it yet, but all the stories in it are from the anime. I believe that volume two will also contain stories from the anime. I think that it's at least a few books down before we see some new material... The thing that's making me sad though is that it's probably going to take at least a few years before we see those books!

Last edited by rcxAsh; 2007-06-03 at 00:40. Reason: Added comments about first novel
rcxAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 14:43   Link #80
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Gonna bump this to ask if the animation style is supposed to be like this or why are there these '' lines '' going through the screen. Can't explain it well but someone who has seen the series should know what I am talking about, unless there is problem with the files.

Tags
adventure, shounen