AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-25, 23:01   Link #41
Reclun
Lithium Flower

Rental Magica was awesome! It wasn't historical and didn't deal solely with Onmyodou, but I enjoyed it, nevertheless. The first few episodes were a bit confusing, since the first episode was somewhere in the early middle section and worked its way to the backstory, but I stuck it out and discovered I really liked it. +_+ My only problem is that the anime didn't really answer too many of the backstory questions such as what Ophion really is and what they want and what really happened to Itsuki's father. I think they really need to make a second season. XD Thanks to everyone who suggested this one. ^o^ Now gimme more~~
Old 2011-01-26, 01:36   Link #42
Reclun
Lithium Flower

So...I'm trying out Shinrei Tantei Yakumo and Requiem from the Darkness. If anyone has any more good supernatural-ish anime suggestions, tell meeee. T_T

Update:
Yakumo bored me so much I didn't make it to the second episode. -_-;; Keeping away from Requiem for a while and revisiting Kusuriuri-san.

Last edited by Reclun; 2011-01-26 at 03:04.
Old 2011-01-26, 03:54   Link #43
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

To be honest, I haven't seen it yet but you could try Hell Girl.
Old 2011-01-26, 10:40   Link #44
Reclun
Lithium Flower

I just might, if only for how long it is. Three seasons seems like a lot of time to be killed. XD But I'm just worried it might be episodic, with no real storyline behind it. ^^;;

Update:
I started watching it, and it seems okay enough. Still unsure if there is an actual plot to the entire series, though. XD I am currently in love with the opening and ending songs. >_<

Last edited by Reclun; 2011-01-27 at 02:39.
Old 2011-01-28, 22:06   Link #45
Reclun
Lithium Flower

Kind of giving up on historical supernatural stuff for now. ^^; Anything like Mushishi or Natsume Yuujinchou? Not too scary, kind of heartwarming, supernatural anime? (Currently re-watching Natsume. Put off Jigoku Shoujo S2 and S3 for now.)
Old 2011-01-30, 10:37   Link #46
kitten320

Yakumo gets better
Old 2011-01-30, 16:45   Link #47
Reclun
Lithium Flower

Does it really? o-O
Old 2011-01-30, 16:51   Link #48
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclun View Post
Rental Magica was awesome! It wasn't historical and didn't deal solely with Onmyodou, but I enjoyed it, nevertheless. The first few episodes were a bit confusing, since the first episode was somewhere in the early middle section and worked its way to the backstory, but I stuck it out and discovered I really liked it. +_+ My only problem is that the anime didn't really answer too many of the backstory questions such as what Ophion really is and what they want and what really happened to Itsuki's father. I think they really need to make a second season. XD Thanks to everyone who suggested this one. ^o^ Now gimme more~~
You could have just watched the episodes in the chronological order, not the order they were in a DVD. I found it too confusing with the '' random '' order so I switched back to the original order.
Old 2011-01-30, 20:06   Link #49
kitten320

Quote:
Does it really? o-O
The character does.
Series also get a bit more deph, but it is not at the same level as Ghost Hunt, I myself was dissapointed.

Though it gets more interesting in like last 3 episode where actual drama strikes

P.S. How about Le Chevalier D'Eon? It didn't click with me as much as I hoped but it might be different for you. And despite me not liking anime that much, it still had some nice moments, especially liked the small arc where they visited the queen.
Old 2011-01-30, 21:29   Link #50
Reclun
Lithium Flower

@Kitten: I'm sorry...I tried to start episode 2...T_T I couldn't get through half of it. Something about it just doesn't capture my interest. T^T And Le Chevalier d'Eon...maybe, maybe not. Thanks for contributing, though. ^^

@Dist: ._. Gimme chronological order plis! >:D I'll rewatch it in that order. XD

Last edited by Reclun; 2011-01-31 at 02:20.
Old 2011-01-31, 02:38   Link #51
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
@Kitten: I'm sorry...I tried to start episode 2...T_T I couldn't get through half of it. Something about it just doesn't capture my interest.
It was the same for me. In that case it only actually gets better in the last two episodes.
Old 2011-01-31, 04:50   Link #52
Reclun
Lithium Flower

Okay, I changed my mind on the supernaturally historical. >_< Just finished the Heian Arc of Otogi Zoshi and I absolutely loved it...again. Didn't even bother to start the Tokyo Arc, since I can't stand the whiny, weak Hikaru at all. More anime please. :3
Old 2011-01-31, 05:32   Link #53
Reclun
Lithium Flower

So...updated list of what I've seen and liked since I've started watching anime again:

-Kara no Kyokai
-Bakeneko+Mononoke*
-Natsume Yuujinchou*
-Mushishi
-Heian chapter of Otogi Zoshi*
-Harukanaru Toki no Naka de
-Rental Magica
-La Corda d'Oro (mostly for the music...I'm a sucker for good music, and classical is good music.)

This is a very small list of recent anime explorations, since trying to remember every last anime I've seen and liked would explode my brain. As you can see, these are mostly supernatural. XD Anything along these lines?

*- denotes an eternal favorite
Old 2011-01-31, 11:39   Link #54
kitten320

Quote:
@Kitten: I'm sorry...I tried to start episode 2...T_T I couldn't get through half of it. Something about it just doesn't capture my interest. T^T And Le Chevalier d'Eon...maybe, maybe not. Thanks for contributing, though. ^^

@Dist: ._. Gimme chronological order plis! > I'll rewatch it in that order. XD
I can understant you

You decide, as I said it did not click with me so won't force it

And you sure are watching anime fast 0_o
I don't have much time lately T_T
Though had finished Shiki in 2 days, are you sure that this anime doesn't suit your taste? I know that it is obviouse on who the culprit is but you still can't predict who the next victim will be
Old 2011-01-31, 11:58   Link #55
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
-La Corda d'Oro (mostly for the music...I'm a sucker for good music, and classical is good music.)
I'm guessing you've already seen Nodame Cantabile?

Might I make a totally off-the-wall suggestion? That would be Dennou Coil. Despite it's sci-fi nature, there are little references here and there to mysticism, particularly the use of ofuda as "metatags." Dennou Coil is one of the best anime of the past five years and, sadly, totally ignored by R1 licensors.

I suspect you'll also enjoy the soundtrack by Tsuneyoshi Saito; it's one of my favorites. Since I couldn't buy the DVDs/BDs here, I bought the OST instead.
Old 2011-01-31, 16:27   Link #56
Reclun
Lithium Flower

@Kitten: Yes, I don't think I could get into Shiki all that much. >_> I am completely off vampires atm. u_u

@Sensei: Denno Coil looks interesting! I just might watch it if no other supernatural anime comes to light anytime soon. XD and Nodame Catabile...I don't much like Nodame herself, so watching it would just annoy me. >_<;;

Update: Amatsuki time. >_<

Update2: Tactics, now. :D

Last edited by Reclun; 2011-01-31 at 23:50. Reason: Updating ^^;
Old 2011-01-31, 20:51   Link #57
kitten320

Ah, know the feeling. Don't like vampires much either, I think they are over used but somehow Shiki worked perfectly well for me

Well tastes differ^^
Old 2011-01-31, 22:48   Link #58
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
@Sensei: Denno Coil looks interesting! I just might watch it if no other supernatural anime comes to light anytime soon. XD and Nodame Catabile...I don't much like Nodame herself, so watching it would just annoy me. >_<;;
I know, but she grows a lot over the course of the series. Even by the end of season one, she's matured enormously compared to where she begins.

Given your opinion about anime Nodame, I strongly discourage you from watching the live-action version. Ueno Juri captures Nodame's mugging especially well, but I found her overacting annoying by the time they got to the Paris movie. (I've generally found overacting a common feature in the few Japanese live-action shows I've watched. I couldn't get past episode one of live-action Moyashimon for the same reason, though I loved the anime version.)
Old 2011-01-31, 23:26   Link #59
Reclun
Lithium Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I know, but she grows a lot over the course of the series. Even by the end of season one, she's matured enormously compared to where she begins.

Given your opinion about anime Nodame, I strongly discourage you from watching the live-action version. Ueno Juri captures Nodame's mugging especially well, but I found her overacting annoying by the time they got to the Paris movie. (I've generally found overacting a common feature in the few Japanese live-action shows I've watched. I couldn't get past episode one of live-action Moyashimon for the same reason, though I loved the anime version.)
*nodnod* It's hard to find a good live-action in general. They either do it very well or fail miserably, with no in-between. Which is sad because I do love some Japanese actors...T_T
Old 2011-02-01, 00:28   Link #60
Reclun
Lithium Flower

So I've finished Amatsuki, liked it again, and am moving onto Tactics. I've discovered that it doesn't exactly have to be historical, so long as lots and lots of pretty kimono-inspired clothing is present. :D

EDIT:
Tactics! ///>_</// I love the teensy hints of BL.

Last edited by Reclun; 2011-02-02 at 06:32.
Closed Thread

Tags
supernatural