AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-18, 08:39   Link #941
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
they still take a shitload of time to translate i mean come on the raw manga's are till 28 and the translated are barely at 22 and its a monthly manga
The problem with manga is that Hidoi no longer translates tge mag scans so they wait for chapters to be released in tankobon format.
Old 2009-11-18, 09:57   Link #942
Bordix

I forgot to ask this

Didn't accelerator left LO in Uiharu's care? wait, how does he know Uiharu anyway? and I just want to confirm LO current location; she's in the hands of Alleister right? If yes, then how she'd end up there? she was stolen from Uiharu? or accelerator got her back from Uiharu then she got stolen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post

This one I agree. But I expect Mikoto to be on Alister's black list.
I would much prefer things to occur this way: LO's brain burns out->Alister boot up Full Tuning and it turns out to be a perfect clone of Mikoto-> So the original is useless and must die
Then:
Mikoto found out about LO->Further blames Accelerator for making her Sisters' lives miserable->Mikoto get into a quarrel with Accelerator over the custody of LO->Alister's assasin arrives->Mikoto and Accelerator establish an alliance against Alister.

In this way, Full Tuning gets a reason to exist and give an oppertunity to resolve the grudge Mikoto has against Accelerator for killing over then thousand copies of her.
woah, I've never would have thought she's still holding a grudge against accelerator up to this vol, but I guess that's understandable since accelerator messed her up pretty good. So I guess this means they haven't interacted with each other since vol 3. I agree with Accelerator and Mikoto alliance, would love to see them team up, but then again, I can see Mikoto complaining on how accelerator deal with things
Old 2009-11-18, 14:08   Link #943
LastResolve

Quote:
The problem with manga is that Hidoi no longer translates tge mag scans so they wait for chapters to be released in tankobon format
so you mean there is no team that will translate the chapters of to aru majutsu no index? thats lame : /
Old 2009-11-18, 15:00   Link #944
LockeManuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastResolve View Post
so you mean there is no team that will translate the chapters of to aru majutsu no index? thats lame : /
He said that Hidoi will not translate Index from the magazine.
They'll translate the chapters when the volumes with them are out.
Old 2009-11-18, 15:27   Link #945
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Yes and they just translated chapter 23.
Old 2009-11-18, 18:46   Link #946
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
woah, I've never would have thought she's still holding a grudge against accelerator up to this vol, but I guess that's understandable since accelerator messed her up pretty good. So I guess this means they haven't interacted with each other since vol 3. I agree with Accelerator and Mikoto alliance, would love to see them team up, but then again, I can see Mikoto complaining on how accelerator deal with things
Thats a nice a nice idea.
Old 2009-11-19, 06:13   Link #947
BlueDo

This is the closest source to the author's age
http://king120884.mysinablog.com/ind...op=ViewArticle

Quote:
Notice the "鎌池和馬(1989~)" (author's name and presumably date of birth) and "とある魔術の禁書目録" (the Japanese name for Index) in the first paragraph, and Index started in 2004, so yeah. Gotta admit it's pretty impressive being published at such a young age.
Old 2009-11-19, 06:17   Link #948
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

What the!? 1989!? He 20 years old! Somehow i feel old reading this.

Anyway i found a relationship chart with ALL of the characters from Index & Railgun.
Warning! Not only is the image big but it may also contain spoilers, you been warned!
Spoiler for Relationship Chart:

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2009-11-19 at 06:46.
Old 2009-11-19, 07:03   Link #949
ykf566

The chart points Accelerator with Saiai, could anyone explain their relationship?
Old 2009-11-19, 07:15   Link #950
BlueDo

Read her info on Wiki
Quote:
According to Teitoku Kakine, Saiai is a leftover from Project Mayday of Darkness (暗闇の五月計画, Ankoku no Satsuki Keikaku?), whose aim was to create a personal version of Accelerator's ability by using a similar pattern of ability operation. Though the details are not mentioned, she only succeeded in creating a low-level self-defense capability.
Source of the pic with translation:
http://safebooru.donmai.us/post/show/557604/
Old 2009-11-19, 07:35   Link #951
stillmissing

This year's konorano rankings are starting to appear.

I don't have a scan for the ranking for the series itself in order to confirm this, but from reports -

Spoiler for novel series:

In this year's top male characters from a light novel poll, readers have ranked -

Spoiler for male:

and in this year's top female characters from a light novel poll, readers have ranked -

Spoiler for female:

I don't have a scan of the integrated results, but from reports -

Spoiler for overall:

Last edited by stillmissing; 2009-11-19 at 07:57. Reason: update for more results
Old 2009-11-19, 09:37   Link #952
Miraluka
Banned

Isn't the same pics of the previous time??
Old 2009-11-19, 11:24   Link #953
tsunade666

Okay I'm actually quite extreme busy with my major plate in session.... grr university prof.

While I have some free time I try to brute force read vol 13 out of desperation on continuing it.
though its very rough because I just use atlas for it and its bad pretty bad.

Spoiler for as of now:

that's all for now I will continue reading my desperate acts later

EDIT:

It looks like no one is even thanking for my efforts well oh well........

cont:

Spoiler for cont. of vol 13:

cont later sorry.

Last edited by tsunade666; 2009-11-20 at 20:03.
Old 2009-11-21, 04:47   Link #954
LastResolve

btw i was thinking what happens if a person finishes the academy?
Old 2009-11-21, 05:30   Link #955
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
As in finish school or finish the psychic program? Assuming it's the latter, my opinion is that your not really done, until you're level 4-5

Well, I guess they can get a job working in the city, I can't imagine them letting go off a psychic outside.
Old 2009-11-21, 22:58   Link #956
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
What the!? 1989!? He 20 years old! Somehow i feel old reading this.

Anyway i found a relationship chart with ALL of the characters from Index & Railgun.
Warning! Not only is the image big but it may also contain spoilers, you been warned!
Spoiler for Relationship Chart:
I literally went gasping with awe. So many characters for one single series... including the deceased/MIA/AWOL/not yet intro'd...

EDIT: Thanks to the source of the image with translations you posted, I found this instead: http://safebooru.donmai.us/post/show...kiyose_seiri-h

... Apparently they forgot that Komoe-sensei and Fukiyose Seiri also likes Touma.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2009-11-21 at 23:15.
Old 2009-11-22, 02:34   Link #957
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
I literally went gasping with awe. So many characters for one single series... including the deceased/MIA/AWOL/not yet intro'd...

EDIT: Thanks to the source of the image with translations you posted, I found this instead: http://safebooru.donmai.us/post/show...kiyose_seiri-h

... Apparently they forgot that Komoe-sensei and Fukiyose Seiri also likes Touma.
and they also forgot about Anieze, Ursula and Ange(maybe). So Touma's Harem Army is whole lot, he got very bad luck.
Old 2009-11-22, 03:07   Link #958
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
I think what happens in the city stays in the city. Espers probably can't leave for long. They're employed in the city, perhaps.

Wait... are there any espers that are actually older than high-school age? I feel like no esper has ever reached adulthood before.
Old 2009-11-22, 04:31   Link #959
Nayrael
The Faceless One

I also don't remember any older Esper. How old is Academy City anyway? Maybe no esper reached adulthood yet?
Old 2009-11-22, 04:32   Link #960
Shiki Nanaya

Touma's harem

There are a lot of girls with different personality, characteristics, and traits that perhaps is stereotypical in Touma's harem, and you could say Touma has captured the heart of one of the most difficult to do which IMO is Kaori due to her status and of course personality. Though he already has lots of different girls mixed as part of his harem, who do you think is the hardest or difficult girl for Touma to possibly make her fall for him? (well except the girls that are his enemies like that Sheryl Cromwell, etc.)

I think that the most hardest one and perhaps interesting to see is if Touma can make Shirai Kuroko fall for him. Wouldn't that be interesting? That would be one hell of challenge lol. Especially since Kuroko treats him as a love rival for Misaka. The reason why I thought this was interesting, because I have seen lots of male harem leads with different type of girls in his harem, but I have yet to see one with a really hardcore yuri girl (like Kuroko) being converted into part of the harem. I just thought that besides from Misaka-imouto being a rival to Mikoto, imagine if the obsessed Kuroko would fall for the guy. I can just imagine her stalking him all day lol.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen