AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-21, 01:11   Link #61
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

to be honest, it's chapter 6 now... but it looks like the same old stuff repeating again, with a slow progress... guess that, if nothing interesting gonna happen in the next 4 chapters, i might juz drop it... =\
Old 2008-09-27, 03:05   Link #62
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

chapter 7 out... looks better than the previous chapts.

all i wanna say is wish the duo good luck on their first attempt!
Old 2008-09-27, 03:19   Link #63
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

I Really Like The new Chapter
now it The time to See how their manga Well be Good or not
Old 2008-09-27, 04:02   Link #64
ZODDGUTS

Great chapter the new girl seems interesting. Though I wonder when the other girl Iwase the "stuck up" one will play a role in the series she's already been reference twice now, makes me think she'll have a role at some point in the story.
Old 2008-09-27, 22:42   Link #65
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

I think she will play a vital role in Mashiro's development and I don't see any reason of referencing her without actually having something planned in advance. Will they go for the "Iwase falls for Saiko scenario"? Most likely.
Old 2008-09-28, 00:03   Link #66
ZODDGUTS

Maybe well get to see a side that people in the series didn't expect for her have, it's been said she's serious and stuck up but what if she's a secret otaku or likes manga. If so I'll be like a certain character in Umi no misaki.
Old 2008-09-28, 02:51   Link #67
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Maybe well get to see a side that people in the series didn't expect for her have, it's been said she's serious and stuck up but what if she's a secret otaku or likes manga. If so I'll be like a certain character in Umi no misaki.
Ya I have a feeling she's going to be a closet otaku or a manga fanatic.
Old 2008-10-04, 07:42   Link #68
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
chap 8 looking good so far, but we need cliffhang0rs xd
Old 2008-10-04, 10:22   Link #69
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
chap 8 looking good so far, but we need cliffhang0rs xd
agreed - right now, this really looks like some manga that falls into "slice of life" category.
Old 2008-10-04, 11:18   Link #70
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
After all that rants and flame I continued to Chapter 8, the chapter really makes me think. How many unique concepts have been rejected just because they aren't like "Naruto/Bleach/OP", kind of makes me want to cry. Often or so I find doujinshi so much better to read than those shounen shi-.
Old 2008-10-04, 12:17   Link #71
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

i guess it depends - not that we do not like other kind of genre. But because, this is from Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata (DN creators), somehow, we will form certain expectation on them. Or maybe this is juz me.
Old 2008-10-04, 13:18   Link #72
Ultenth

I'm really not sure what to think of this manga. It seems more like a venue for them to talk about how to make manga, then any kind of actual storytelling. It's almost too positive, and thus far not a single real conflict has occurred or any real moments of excitement. Going to be dropping it soon unless they actually start developing a real story and get away from the encyclopedia-like explainations of how to get a manga published.
Old 2008-10-04, 14:31   Link #73
vegeta172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultenth View Post
I'm really not sure what to think of this manga. It seems more like a venue for them to talk about how to make manga, then any kind of actual storytelling. It's almost too positive, and thus far not a single real conflict has occurred or any real moments of excitement. Going to be dropping it soon unless they actually start developing a real story and get away from the encyclopedia-like explainations of how to get a manga published.
Actually i find it very interesting and it's information.
Old 2008-10-04, 14:45   Link #74
Ultenth

I agree the information is interesting, but it's more like reading a text book, not a manga. It's funny that in the most recent chapter the editer they talk to warns against overuse of exposition instead of using the characters and art, which is exactly what they are doing in this manga most of the time.
Old 2008-10-04, 19:04   Link #75
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
I agree the information is interesting, but it's more like reading a text book, not a manga. It's funny that in the most recent chapter the editer they talk to warns against overuse of exposition instead of using the characters and art, which is exactly what they are doing in this manga most of the time.
Well, to me, it's like an infotainment rather than purely story-based manga. A very fun infotainment though.

I've read a piece like that recently, too, Holyland, where the author often went through digressions explaining (his theory of?) martial arts and their factors, but the story continued well enough despite that.

lol, the pretty couple really shares the same wavelength. Same seats, same reactions, same insecurities...I bet if their stomachs really rumble, it'll be at the same time!

And wasn't one of the criticisms on Death Note was that people talked too much, too? For all we know they could just be making fun of themselves, while continuing to commit that mistake.
Old 2008-10-04, 19:14   Link #76
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
The editor is wrong though Death Note that a heavy amount of dialogue yet it became very popular.

Anyways shame that the characters didn't go to either Shonen Magazine or Shonen Sunday much better magazines then Shonen Jump at least there they don't have to worry about their series getting cancelled after a few volumes.
Old 2008-10-04, 19:20   Link #77
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

hey at least we go some pretty development on the story. Like Main guy and main heroine seating next to each other. Getting the key to the uncles studio room. And I'm actually quite surprise we get to see the "thoughts" of the main heroine. Maybe the authors are planning like having a manga story w/in the manga or something.
Old 2008-10-13, 02:31   Link #78
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

wow i never knew all those peopl in jump are that dedicated to mangas and even soo animes

i have found a new and better understandings to those writers i salute them
Old 2008-10-15, 21:24   Link #79
Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius

Send a message via Yahoo to Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius
I really Like this Manga! XD
Old 2008-10-16, 22:56   Link #80
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

um im have the urge to say this but

did any one notice that the main character sin death note ahs a sigbificant face value..........err i mean i keep seeing light and NL`s faces in the main protagonist
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, shounen