AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-01, 05:43   Link #1
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Level E

The shonen manga Level E by Yoshihiro Togashi will be getting a TV anime adaptation.

Plot Summary :
Quote:
Earth has been populated by thousands of aliens from all over the galaxy. While all the other aliens are aware of their presence, it is a secret only from the Earthlings. Baka, the prince of the planet Dogra, crash lands on Earth and loses his memory. He forcibly moves in with Tsutsui Yukitata, a first year high school student who had just moved out on his own. The normal life he once knew is quickly pulled away as he becomes the target of the prince's torment.
Source : Wikipedia
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 01:31   Link #2
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Production staffs and seiyuu finally announced. Animation will begin airing on January 2011 (Winter season)

監督:加藤敏幸
シリーズ構成:花田十輝
キャラクターデザイン総作画監督:竹田逸子
ビジュアルコンセプト3Dディレクター:ソエジマヤスフミ
音楽:梁邦彦
アニメーション制作:ぴえろ×david production

王子:浪川大輔
クラフト:子安武人
筒井雪隆:細谷佳正
江戸川美歩:明坂聡美
サド:高塚正也
コリン:朝比奈拓見
ナレーション:立木文彦

From quick glance, seems like a promising series. And to add more, Yoshihiro Togashi (HunterxHunter, Yuyu Hakusho mangaka) name obviously warrants me to take this series onto my Winter list.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 03:29   Link #3
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Wow, an adaptation of a sci-fi 90's manga by the Yu Yu Hakusho author? This looks promising, especially those promo images.

My only problem is the "aliens on Earth secret only from humans" thing. I am aware that this kind of trope is extremely prevalent in entertainment everywhere, and I can understand an alien race or two deciding to hide their presence, but when they come from all over the galaxy, it's a little trite for all of them to bother hiding themselves from pathetic humans who are much weaker than them.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 21:20   Link #4
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This is something of a chestnut, really - very interesting choice for an adaptation.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 21:51   Link #5
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Yyyyyeah, when I saw the series title, the first things that popped into my mind were Code E and Mission E.

Suffice it to say though, this doesn't quite look connected to those series-es.
Old 2010-11-12, 21:57   Link #6
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

アニメーション制作:ぴえろ×david production

Who? x david production? Anyway Togashi is a good writer. Might watch this (haven't read it yet). I know that it's very short. So I guess it'll be around 13 episodse.

Edit: so it's studio pierrot. Here's a trailer http://ani.tv/level-e/

Last edited by Haohmaru; 2010-11-15 at 12:48.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 20:48   Link #7
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Apart from looking AND sounding gay ... is it related to Code-E and Mission-E
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 21:54   Link #8
BoxQueen
Empty-headed

This series is interesting. Something to put my list.
BoxQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 22:11   Link #9
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Wow, an adaptation of a sci-fi 90's manga by the Yu Yu Hakusho author? This looks promising, especially those promo images.

My only problem is the "aliens on Earth secret only from humans" thing. I am aware that this kind of trope is extremely prevalent in entertainment everywhere, and I can understand an alien race or two deciding to hide their presence, but when they come from all over the galaxy, it's a little trite for all of them to bother hiding themselves from pathetic humans who are much weaker than them.
*cough* Men in Black 3 *cough*

On the list to watch.
Old 2011-01-03, 01:05   Link #10
Katapan
俺様祭り

I love the OP song. Cold Finger Girl, by Kuriyama Chiaki (Gundam Unicorn ED1, Yorinuki Gintama-san OP3).
Old 2011-01-03, 06:58   Link #11
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Though I'm not fond of Alien stuff, I'll check it out just because of the name "Yoshihiro Togashi".
Old 2011-01-03, 09:02   Link #12
ninja_pintu

Quote:
Baka, the prince of the planet Dogra, crash lands on Earth and loses his memory.
I'll watch it just because of the name of that prince. *remembers Gintama*
Old 2011-01-04, 22:29   Link #13
Joojoobees

I'll definitely be checking it out. In fact, I've got it on my short list of promising titles.
Old 2011-01-06, 08:08   Link #14
Spinell

I will watch it. The manga was great.
Spinell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 17:39   Link #15
LKK

Crunchyroll will be simulcasting the series. [ANN source]

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 16:12   Link #16
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Sleeper alert! First ep thoughts:

Spoiler for 1st episode:
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 17:00   Link #17
Neat Hedgehog
Hack of all trades

Wow, kinda surprised at the lack of attention this show ended up with. I wasn't exactly expecting a lot at first, but it really looks like it's going to be a solid series.

Animation was higher quality than I've come to expect from shows recently (can't help it; I just don't like the un-shaded, thin-line look in a lot of shows lately), without any glaring faults. OP and ED are probably the best of the season.

The show itself wins points with me just because the alien doesn't look like a twelve year old girl, and doesn't meet the human protagonist by hitting him in the face with her crotch or boobs. I can't actually recall a series like this before where the alien wasn't a girl, actually. Points for decently creative alien design, too, though it did remind me a bit of a creature I saw in "Light Years" a long time ago.

The writing for episode 01 actually seemed pretty sharp, and didn't fall into the "anime" level of Japanese (you know, where you only have to recognize about 10 - 20 phrases and "baka" to know what they're saying), and actually seemed like some effort was put into the dialog to make it stand out from the crowd. That really counts for a lot, to me. I hate it when I realize that even my pathetic Japanese vocabulary is sufficient for me to watch a show without subtitles.

Hard to give an initial rating, really, since it was more or less just a setup episode, but if it keeps up the pacing, dialog, etc, this looks like it should shape up to be this season's sleeper.
Neat Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 18:08   Link #18
Graskell
invisible man

It's somewhat disappointing how far under the radar this show is. I finished reading the manga (as short as it is) a week before they announced an adaption, so I've been looking forward to this show since the beginning. ...probably should have posted here sooner to help drum-up some interest, but I'm lazy like that. Sorry Maybe after a few episodes it will garner a bit more attention. I'd hate for this to be the greatest show no one watched.

Regardless I just finished the first episode and I can defiantly say that I'll be in for the long haul. They managed to capture the look and feel of the manga almost perfectly, and if they can keep this up it may well be one of the best of the season.
Old 2011-01-10, 18:17   Link #19
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
I'll definatly be watching this,got quite a few laughs and yes,having 2 male leads interact with eachother is quite nice,wait,that last bit came out sounding funny didn't it?Anyway you guys get what I mean.
Old 2011-01-10, 18:54   Link #20
paladinenvec

It was an interesting episode indeed hard to imagine that this was published in a shonen manga since it's more like seinen the animation was solid and consistent and the plot it's very interesting i'm looking forward for this anime.
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction, shounen