2 out of 10: Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10: Painful 8 6.25%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-11-10, 04:51   Link #1
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 06 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 06.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

-----------

And to start off, our first screenshot batch:

Spoiler for Episode 6 Screenshots:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-11-23 at 18:08.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 05:08   Link #2
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Woa, so soon?
Spoiler for this ep:
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 05:29   Link #3
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

More shots:

Spoiler for Moar:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-11-10, 06:24   Link #4
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Nice.. Jugs
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 07:14   Link #5
withered_joy
虫酸が走るわ!!

HIDOIIII!! That was a meaaan cliffhanger!!! Oh yeah, and as I thought, the beard guy was waaay too cool to be Patrick-the-washout. For one, his voice and body-tone is way better than Patrick.

Spoiler for episode 6:

Last edited by withered_joy; 2007-11-10 at 07:52.
withered_joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 07:15   Link #6
Itadakimasu!
tsun tsun lover

Send a message via MSN to Itadakimasu!
From the looks of it, Allelujah has gotten first class accommodation for his heroic actions...
Itadakimasu! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 07:19   Link #7
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Pics courtesy of homeless:

Spoiler for Mecha Shots:

Old 2007-11-10, 07:25   Link #8
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

O_O @ Sumeragi...seriously she just might win the title for hottest gundam character ever.
Old 2007-11-10, 07:30   Link #9
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Guess whose hands these belong to:

Spoiler for One's a man, the other a woman's::

Old 2007-11-10, 07:32   Link #10
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 07:44   Link #11
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Interesting. Some Gundam ownage and Setsuna going to fight his mentor

Wow for Dynames's headshot attack !
Old 2007-11-10, 08:07   Link #12
kari-no-sugata

Hmm. Some of the character designs seemed a bit off this week.

Lots of interesting developments though. AEU seems to be trying to use a private army to do their dirty work. Allelujah been in solitary for a week. Soma is being checked over and is apparently okay but the scientist guy things her problem might have been due to something external, and I think they speculate that there might have been another super-solider around. Saji definitely knows that CB saved him and Louise but I don't remember anyone else seeming to know (I doubt HRL wanted the world to know that they were saved by those they designate as "terrorists"). Saji comments to Setsuna he never expected CB to save him and Setsuna says he agrees. Marina isn't having much luck in the AEU since they're behind in solar power anyway. Sumeragi and Billy know each other from college (haven't met since then) and "something" well known seems to have happened that Sumeragi was involved in. Sounds rather bad.

And dammit, even Virtue couldn't kill Orange-kun. Maybe we should rename him cockroach...
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 08:22   Link #13
withered_joy
虫酸が走るわ!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post

Lots of interesting developments though. AEU seems to be trying to use a private army to do their dirty work. Allelujah been in solitary for a week. Soma is being checked over and is apparently okay but the scientist guy things her problem might have been due to something external, and I think they speculate that there might have been another super-solider around. Saji definitely knows that CB saved him and Louise but I don't remember anyone else seeming to know (I doubt HRL wanted the world to know that they were saved by those they designate as "terrorists"). Saji comments to Setsuna he never expected CB to save him and Setsuna says he agrees. Marina isn't having much luck in the AEU since they're behind in solar power anyway. Sumeragi and Billy know each other from college (haven't met since then) and "something" well known seems to have happened that Sumeragi was involved in. Sounds rather bad.

And dammit, even Virtue couldn't kill Orange-kun. Maybe we should rename him cockroach...
So it wasn't just me who thought the art was a bit off. LOL at the Orange-kun thing though.

Oh yeah, I can't believe I forgot to make a comment about Ali and Setsuna's relationship. They just keep coming, these stuff for fangirl fantasies. I'm even more interested in Setsuna's past now! Hopefully they will partially enlighten us in the next episode. And maybe I shouldn't mention this, but Setsuna lying soaked on the beach is so...XD (blabbers off to BL land).

Last edited by withered_joy; 2007-11-10 at 09:04. Reason: found a grammatical mistake ="=
Old 2007-11-10, 08:50   Link #14
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by withered_joy View Post
So it wasn't just me who thought the art was a bit off. LOL at the Orange-kun thing though.
Was mostly the girls. The action scenes seemed fine to me. Nice melee with Exia, for example.

Quote:
Oh yeah, I can't believe I forgot to make a comment about Ali and Setsuna's relationship. They just keep coming, these stuff for fangirl fantasies. I'm even more interested in Setsuna's past now! Hopefully they will partially enlighten us in the next episode. And maybe I shouldn't mention this, but Setsuna laying soaked on the beach is so...XD (blabbers off to BL land).
Please restrain yourself

I've no idea what Ali and Setsuna's relationship was. I get the feeling that Setsuna's impression of Ali was wrong though. So, I'd expect Setsuna to be wanting some revenge soon.

Ali comes in complaining that the Gundams are hurting his business. This guy is definitely a war profiteer. Now at least. I wouldn't be surprised if he tricked Setsuna as a kid into fighting for his "cause" - if Ali just viewed them as cheap disposable soldiers, I wouldn't be surprised. That's my current impression. Setsuna seems surprised that Ali is alive, so maybe he thought Ali died "heroicly" (was probably faked while escaping or something).

So I expect Setsuna to be rather confused for this particular fight. And Ali seems very experienced. I guess Setsuna will need to be saved next week. Well, this seems to be the kick he needs to grow... as a Gundam Meister at least.
Old 2007-11-10, 09:09   Link #15
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Setsuna is so very often picked on. I swear, everyone goes after him.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 09:12   Link #16
withered_joy
虫酸が走るわ!!

Quote:
Was mostly the girls. The action scenes seemed fine to me. Nice melee with Exia, for example.

Please restrain yourself

I've no idea what Ali and Setsuna's relationship was. I get the feeling that Setsuna's impression of Ali was wrong though. So, I'd expect Setsuna to be wanting some revenge soon.

Ali comes in complaining that the Gundams are hurting his business. This guy is definitely a war profiteer. Now at least. I wouldn't be surprised if he tricked Setsuna as a kid into fighting for his "cause" - if Ali just viewed them as cheap disposable soldiers, I wouldn't be surprised. That's my current impression. Setsuna seems surprised that Ali is alive, so maybe he thought Ali died "heroicly" (was probably faked while escaping or something).

So I expect Setsuna to be rather confused for this particular fight. And Ali seems very experienced. I guess Setsuna will need to be saved next week. Well, this seems to be the kick he needs to grow... as a Gundam Meister at least.
Haha, it's hard (to restrain my fangirlism) when the character designer is the one who drew loveless, famous for its...well, maybe I shouldn't delve into details too much

Ali seems like a cool guy. The disciple will only beat the master near the end of the story in a typical storyline, so yeah, I'm expecting Setsuna to lose pre-tty pathetically despite having a better MS. I don't know about why Setsuna assumed that Ali was dead, but yeah...that kid is quite easily surprised during battle, reasonably though. I also had the impression that Setsuna looked up to Ali a lot in the past. He'll lose for confusion and inexperience. Maybe he got punched by Tieria for losing (based on preview hunches), since the pink-sweater megame is always so anal.
Old 2007-11-10, 09:36   Link #17
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori View Post
Setsuna is so very often picked on. I swear, everyone goes after him.
Well, if you could chose a suit to go after, Exia seems the safer target since you'll actually be able to get in close. At this rate though, Setsuna will be far more experienced with difficult situations and close combat. If other MS become good enough to start to challenge the Gundams on specs, Exia might be the better suit to be in.

But yeah, it does seem a bit too one-sided so far. It seems to me that Soma might be the first big name to directly fight a Gundam other than Exia (since she's in space where Exia is least likely to be)
Old 2007-11-10, 09:41   Link #18
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
As typical of crappy Sunrise animation directors... And from the preview, next week's ep doesn't seem to improve much either (the mecha I mean, the character animation seems to be by Michinori Chiba next week, the guy who did the final character designs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by withered_joy
Btw...Sumeragi (her breasts are really huge), Marina (who had unfortunately failed her first attempt for help), and Wang Lieu Mei (who finally serves some purpose) have large wardrobes. Not surprising at all.
Quote:
The girl operators were really...random.
The operators' antics sort of explained why the female characters in this show have such large wardrobe selections, don't you think?

Last edited by brightman; 2007-11-10 at 09:55.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 09:41   Link #19
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
I'm finally starting to see Saji's purpose in this show. Saji is the guy who is there to state our questions about CB's purpose before we flame the scriptwriter too badly, which I find extremely interesting. What I also found good was that Louise did not talk in this episode, I think. Or did I miss it?
She said "Eh...?"

That's it...

Quote:
There wasn't much character development, but we find out bits and pieces more about a lot of other characters. So...Allelujah doesn't really know Hallelujah can take over his body? (Somehow, that sentence just sounded wrong.)
I think he was thinking about Soma, not Hallelujah... We know about Soma, he doesn't.

Quote:
And Tieria is...still wearing that ridiculous pink sweater. I feel like punching him for his ugly clothes.
If he was 20 years older, he'd likely come across as some kind of upper class pervert or something.
Old 2007-11-10, 09:59   Link #20
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Haha, it's hard (to restrain my fangirlism) when the character designer is the one who drew loveless, famous for its...well, maybe I shouldn't delve into details too much
I see. So were you screaming "Hallelujah! Hallelujah!" when you heard about him being the character designer huh...?

Quote:
Ali seems like a cool guy. The disciple will only beat the master near the end of the story in a typical storyline, so yeah, I'm expecting Setsuna to lose pre-tty pathetically despite having a better MS. I don't know about why Setsuna assumed that Ali was dead, but yeah...that kid is quite easily surprised during battle, reasonably though. I also had the impression that Setsuna looked up to Ali a lot in the past. He'll lose for confusion and inexperience.
I'm not certain that Setsuna thought Ali was dead btw. Just my impression.

As for Setsuna vs Ali, if we assume Setsuna loses (seems reasonable given him being punched next ep, though there are other possible reasons for that) then I think Setsuna will either realise that Ali is not the guy he thought he was and get overly fired up, or freeze up in confusion of the situation. Which would you prefer?

I wouldn't be surprised if it goes something like: Setsuna is losing and Ali is driven off (probably by Lockon). The mission may well be aborted (can't risk Gundams losing), and everyone goes back to base. Setsuna eventually regroups and the battle is resumed and this time Setsuna is able to drive off Ali. Given that Ali has the backing of a company that does weapons development, I expect him to get some rapid upgrades. He doesn't seem the type who is killed off quickly.

Quote:
Maybe he got punched by Tieria for losing (based on preview hunches), since the pink-sweater megame is always so anal.
Tieria seems too anal to punch someone. More likely to be sarcastic and provocative. I suspect Lockon punched Setsuna (more of a wake-up call...)