AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2011-11-16, 17:25   Link #7081
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Good to hear about the progress of the translation. Unfortunately, my knowledge of Japanese isn't really good enough to help, but I wish you the best of luck with wrapping this thing up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melisa View Post
Changing the topic, I heard something about an Umineko fan-disc called "Hane", what is it about?
I believe it's similar to what Rei was to Higurashi, but apart from that I'm not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenchaser View Post
Hey again, so finally installed the patch and not suprisingly it was unsuccessful. I got a message saying this: "Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 translation pack. This patch is not installed properly".
For episodes 1-4, download Windows patch from here and run.

For episodes 5-8, download Windows patch from here and run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post
Does anyone know where i can get tsuba's english patch if it exist's?
Download patch from here.
Old 2011-11-17, 00:31   Link #7082
chronotrig

Well, as some of you have already heard, Ryuukishi has announced that a booklet called "Our Confession" will be released at the next Comiket (Dec. 31), containing answers to at least some of the puzzles and mysteries.

Which means I can now guarantee that we'll have the EP8 translation released before Comiket. With another editor or two, we might have it ready by the first week of December, assuming nothing major comes up.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 01:10   Link #7083
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Kickass, thanks for all your hard work.
Old 2011-11-17, 01:20   Link #7084
Zero Sora

I am so hyped to finished Episode 8. Also that "Our Confessions" sounds interesting. I wonder if someone could translate the interesting parts of that booklet.
Zero Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 14:15   Link #7085
ghost_zero5

That's great news.

Btw. are you planning to translate the booklet too? Though I guess it might be problematic regarding legal issues ?
ghost_zero5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 15:32   Link #7086
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

That's great! I look forward to reading the translation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_zero5 View Post
Btw. are you planning to translate the booklet too? Though I guess it might be problematic regarding legal issues ?
Unless Ryuukishi07 doesn't own all the rights to the booklet, Witch Hunt should be able to work something out with him, if they wanted to translate it.

Although I'm guessing someone will translate it anyway, regardless.
Old 2011-11-17, 17:39   Link #7087
Witch of Uncertainty

Our exams are starting now, so I don't mind you not completing the patch before 15th december.. Or I might fail this year. :P

Must admit that Our Confession sounds interesting. Will you translate that too?

EDIT: I just remember that I can play the PS3 version simultainiously with ep the PC version, meaniong my first experience with it will be with voice acting ...
Any new information released regarding that limited edition of nocturne gives?

Last edited by Witch of Uncertainty; 2011-11-17 at 17:50.
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 19:02   Link #7088
zibbazabba905
twuth it EASY.

I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but is there any way possible for Ryu to make witch-hunt "official"?
zibbazabba905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 19:05   Link #7089
Madman6510
Child of Man

IIRC, Witch-Hunt got a letter from Ryu basically saying that he was pretty much 100% ok with the translation project, and thanked them for it. He also put the name of the project in the game.

So unless there was some weird legal thing (it's a booklet, so I wouldn't think there would), it should be fine.
Madman6510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 20:43   Link #7090
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

witch-hunt is already de facto official since they have an agreement with a commercial party involved in the distribution of the games (Hobibox)

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 00:33   Link #7091
chickenchaser

I believe it's similar to what Rei was to Higurashi, but apart from that I'm not sure.

For episodes 1-4, download Windows patch from here and run.

For episodes 5-8, download Windows patch from here and run.

Thank you Yirba, but I already downloaded the patch through for episodes 5-8. I think I may have gotten to the crux of the problem. When I tried to run the japanese version (unicode enabled), it came with an error message that looked like this

define

099.txt line:2

|
|
>

There is Japanese kanji before and after "define". Would anyone know what this error means because I believe is showed up during the patch installation.
chickenchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 01:42   Link #7092

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenchaser View Post
Hey again, so finally installed the patch and not suprisingly it was unsuccessful. I got a message saying this: "Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 translation pack. This patch is not installed properly".

So after this I checked the [WH] Umineko Chiru English file and came out with the following:

arc.nsa
default.ttf
GPL.txt
nscrpt.dax
ons.cfg
Readme Chiru V4
SDL.dll
and of course the application.

I'm using windows 7, so is anything out of the ordinary? Is there something missing?
I don't know what you've been trying to install, but the Witch Hunt installer never uses the words "translation pack". Also, our patch does not include a file called nscript.dax. Where did you get this "patch"?

Please re-download the patch from the official site, like Yirba suggested. http://witch-hunt.com/stage8d.html
Message is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 04:25   Link #7093
Keriaku
Thought Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Well, as some of you have already heard, Ryuukishi has announced that a booklet called "Our Confession" will be released at the next Comiket (Dec. 31), containing answers to at least some of the puzzles and mysteries.

Which means I can now guarantee that we'll have the EP8 translation released before Comiket. With another editor or two, we might have it ready by the first week of December, assuming nothing major comes up.
Wow, it's really wonderful of you guys to pick up the pace just so people can have a unique experience with the series. I can feel the passion here.
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 08:45   Link #7094
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

Only problem I see with the 'Our Confession' booklet is that, unlike the game, a translation of it wont be able to incorporate a way to ensure they have a copy of the original version. Unless 'booklet' just means its short or something and not physical paper

Great news on early December! Looking forward to finally being caught up with all the japanese who already finished with Umineko. Gotta get my inspiration pumped up to get me off my ass and finish painting Eva-Beatrice, Beato is getting lonely all alone
Old 2011-11-18, 08:57   Link #7095
Cao Ni Ma

Its like a really big Extra Tip, they really should have incorporated it into Tsubasa 2 and just sealed it so that the person would have to input an code to access it just to prevent spoilers.
Cao Ni Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 13:42   Link #7096
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibbazabba905 View Post
I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but is there any way possible for Ryu to make witch-hunt "official"?
Witch Hunt have permission to translate the sound novels, so I'm sure he'd be willing to give permission to them again to translate other stuff. There's really no need to make them 'official'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishin View Post
Only problem I see with the 'Our Confession' booklet is that, unlike the game, a translation of it wont be able to incorporate a way to ensure they have a copy of the original version. Unless 'booklet' just means its short or something and not physical paper
It seems to be a physical paper booklet. It might be possible to have a digital version that you'd need to pay to access, but it's difficult to say how such a translation could work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao Ni Ma View Post
Its like a really big Extra Tip, they really should have incorporated it into Tsubasa 2 and just sealed it so that the person would have to input an code to access it just to prevent spoilers.
Tsubasa 2? Do you mean Hane? I suppose it might have been possible to include it in that, but I think a physical booklet is quite cool.

And to be honest, I don't think a code is really necessary. I don't think readers exactly need to be 'locked away' from spoilers for fear they'd read them. If they don't want to read spoilers, they should just not read it, simple.
Old 2011-11-18, 17:51   Link #7097
Leafsnail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
It seems to be a physical paper booklet. It might be possible to have a digital version that you'd need to pay to access, but it's difficult to say how such a translation could work.
Simple. Witch Hunt just creates an elaborate cipher that requires you to refer to the original Japanese text in order to break it!
Leafsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 18:05   Link #7098
Madman6510
Child of Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsnail View Post
Simple. Witch Hunt just creates an elaborate cipher that requires you to refer to the original Japanese text in order to break it!
This reminds me of the piracy protection mechanisms in old games where you had to look up a "magic spell" in the manual to get past part of the game :P
Madman6510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 21:28   Link #7099
chickenchaser

Okay I'm at the part of the installer where it says "Japanese game files required". So I try to put the location of my installer file and I see this message:

"The specified file does not exist. Please insert the DVD or enter the download installer location, and try again."

The only way I could continue the process and click "next" is if I put the file location as:

C:\Users\Name\Documents\UMINEKO8_DL\UMINEKO8_DL\Um ineko8\うみねこのなく頃に散.exe

So, is the .exe file (うみねこのなく頃に散.exe)
the only thing I have to put on the installer location?

Then, it takes me to the "Ready to Install" part and when I click "Install", the Japanese version starts to run. Is this suppose to happen?

Next, the screen says, "extracting downloaded archive Please wait..." (this is the small screen witht the Beatrice thumbnail) and it's taking forever. When I say taking forever I mean the "extracting files from download bar" bar makes no progress.
chickenchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 02:03   Link #7100

Hmm, interesting. It's not supposed to accept a random exe file. I will look into this for the next release. Can I PM or email you with more specific questions, if I encounter any problems?

To answer your question, you should point it at the exe file you downloaded from Hobibox, so the 'installer' that created your UMINEKO8_DL directory.
Message is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation