AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2011-12-10, 08:40   Link #3061
ookamigirl

Hare with a serious crush on Shu.
Yahiro appears.
Guess Jun learned how to take advantage of her condition.
Nice episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 09:51   Link #3062
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Indeed , finally things are getting interesting.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 10:25   Link #3063
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
As for Yahiro and his brother, I've seen a lot of people mixed on caring for him. Honestly, I cared more of how it would affect Shu rather than them in particular.
Obviously he's traumatized, like how Kira Yamato was in GS1.

I get the feeling Yahiro isn't going to take this well too. He might end up trying to take revenge.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 10:26   Link #3064
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
If anything, I want to see more of Ayase. Her going to school will be quite the scene to witness. The amount of students offering to her help, having to babysit Shu, it's going to be hell for her

But yes, am I the only one imagining her slapping some sense into Shu...like...literally?
No you're not the only one I'm think the same as you.honestly after the 5 episode I thought Ayase would be the best match for Shu (even just as a friend) in that episode Ayase seem to handle shu pretty well and he seemed to react in a positive way or I’m the only person to thought so? So if she really transfer to his school I would be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
Obviously he's traumatized, like how Kira Yamato was in GS1.

I get the feeling Yahiro isn't going to take this well too. He might end up trying to take revenge.
True.. but what else Shu could have do at that time? Rather we must say that he was really good throughout the fight .. just he had bad luck to face a situation like this for the first time.From what I remember no one knew that the virus could infect machines as well take with him his/her host consciousness .

Last edited by Soji; 2011-12-10 at 10:40.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 12:59   Link #3065
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
No you're not the only one I'm think the same as you.honestly after the 5 episode I thought Ayase would be the best match for Shu (even just as a friend) in that episode Ayase seem to handle shu pretty well and he seemed to react in a positive way or I’m the only person to thought so? So if she really transfer to his school I would be happy.
Nope, your not the only one. Ayase is treating Shu pretty fairly and friendly. While his been a slave by Gai and ... I don't know what to express on Inori and Shu because I don't like that pairing at all. Hare cares too much for Shu. I like Hare more in the first episode but an aggressive Hare isn't that bad. Tsugumi can just be herself and be a cute moe character for all I care because she is the best that way
Old 2011-12-10, 16:58   Link #3066
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Nope, your not the only one. Ayase is treating Shu pretty fairly and friendly. While his been a slave by Gai and ... I don't know what to express on Inori and Shu because I don't like that pairing at all. Hare cares too much for Shu. I like Hare more in the first episode but an aggressive Hare isn't that bad. Tsugumi can just be herself and be a cute moe character for all I care because she is the best that way
i think shu is more gai's toy than slave since he just obey him after he done some sweet talk (probably all lies again) for ayase, for now she's just the best character of the show and by far if she get more sceen time is a great thing
(sorry for bad english)
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 17:33   Link #3067
JediNight
キズランダム

I wonder how wheelchair accessible their school is. Afaik they don't really make accommodations like elevators and ramps in Japanese regular schools very much if at all.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 19:09   Link #3068
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Like I said Hare is a good character but don't paired with Shu...She’s not the type that would let him grow as a character.Shu need someone that is not afraid to tell him when he's wrong and not just care him.For Tsugumi I agree with you she's the best that way,hope she never change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
I wonder how wheelchair accessible their school is. Afaik they don't really make accommodations like elevators and ramps in Japanese regular schools very much if at all.
This is something I wonder myself..... if she really need, she can always force Shu to carry her(Which will never happen with the pride that Ayase has ).But another thing I wonder about is... to see how people react to Shu with another beautiful girl near to him, because if Ayase really transfer to his school she probably will pass most of her time with Shu and Inori.And I must admit I want to see especially the reaction of Hare and Souta

Last edited by Soji; 2011-12-10 at 20:00.
Old 2011-12-10, 22:03   Link #3069
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
I hope about this too. And of course I agree that this was the best episode of the series.

Also we now have 2 camps: those who like Inori and those who don't
I don't like Hare or Inori. Then again, I don't like Shu much either. So I suppose I don't really care who he ends up with. Though I should probably give the writer's more time to try to win me over with Shu.

I suppose between the too girls, I dislike Hare more. Something about that character type....I've always hated it. Now Inori's whole "emotionless" thing is tricky. Sometimes it can be done right and I will like the character. In this case, it doesn't work at all and she just ends up annoying me.
Old 2011-12-10, 23:26   Link #3070
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
I hope about this too. And of course I agree that this was the best episode of the series.

Also we now have 2 camps: those who like Inori and those who don't
We didn't have those camps before?

Anyways, you all know my opinion on Inori, but as for Hare...I would like to know why she has a crush on Shu (hopefully, it's not cliche or contrived). I'm not rooting for her to win though, because I don't care who wins. I never really understood that winning mentality thing, as you usually have to like both characters in order to get some enjoyment out of it. Shu is kind of inconsistently written, so I have a hard time forming an opinion on him, let rooting for him in anything; and Hare is just bland. I don't know anything about her, but she does have a dimension at least.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 23:40   Link #3071
Sixth
Hu Tao

So, I guess this series doesn't live up to the hype?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 00:19   Link #3072
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
So, I guess this series doesn't live up to the hype?
Well, the hype was the reason I even started to watch it, to be honest. Even if there wasn't any hype though, the series still isn't really good. There are so many things you can point out and say "this is wrong" or "this doesn't happen" to the point that Guilty Crown can be considered an unintentional comedy. However, there are also times where it tries to be good and when it succeeds, it's okay. When it fails, it fails hard.

There are three things I really like about the show: the villains, the love story, and the Voids. The void concept, I find genuinely good, while the other two are so bad that they're funny. The villains, quite frankly, are so incompetent that it's actually funny that they could conquer Japan at all. Dan Eagleman is a riot and Scarface (I'm calling Segai that from now on. I don't care that his name means truth and lies) can be entertaining, but the mooks can't shoot worth crap, and I just laugh at that. The love story...so hilariously Twilight-like. I actually have a lot of fun watching it and want to see more of it, because it is just so bad (no real interaction, Inori barely talks, Shu has no real reason to like her, especially because he was betrayed by her).

If you're looking for a genuinely good series, I wouldn't recommend this, as even without the hype, it's not really good. Personally, I hope the show makes up its mind, because I was enjoying the hilariously bad stuff the last few episodes have done, and now it wants to be good again. While I didn't hate the last episode, I didn't like it as much as a lot of other people did. My favorite is still Episode 7, which was soooo funny.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 01:20   Link #3073
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
True.. but what else Shu could have do at that time? Rather we must say that he was really good throughout the fight .. just he had bad luck to face a situation like this for the first time.
Yeah true.

Quote:
From what I remember no one knew that the virus could infect machines as well take with him his/her host consciousness .
I have a theory on that: When you think about it and how Gai mentioned about a rock "that started it all", my guess would be that the endslave's technology is linked to the virus on how endslaves are controlled by thought and how a person with a virus can "possess" endslaves by having the virus migrate to the mech along with the person's conscious.....
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 01:34   Link #3074
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Episode 9:

- I like how Shu recognzed who Drug Addict by looking at the pills he dropped inside the metro. "Hey, drugs! Now who does that remind me of...?"

- Speaking of which, why does it show Drug Addict getting chased by two shady-looking guys while he makes his way inside the metro? I must've missed out on the memo that GHQ had a THUG division.

- Wonder what kind of video games they play in those days. Dan apparently still remembers Dragon Quest.

- Speculation: Ayase is sewing her school uniform.

- Inori, the writers cut you down to one line this episode...yet you still failed to say anything coherent.

- "This song is wrong. I asked for Macarena, not The Ketchup Song!"

- Hare is much better than Inori. She has the better figure, she makes a good ninja, she can form proper sentences, and you can ride public transport with her without people around you muttering, "why is her shirt missing the front?".

- Again, not much (productive things) to say this week. I thought this was a pretty good episode. I thought Shu was at a good place this week. Taking the initiative when he wants to, and not tolerating the drug addict's crap, who was throwing words like hypocrisy around carelessly like a 13 year old would. Well, until the end of the episode when the show broke him again.

- 2011: over 14000 songs can be played, downloaded and shuffled on a handheld iPod.
2039: One song inside a steel briefcase. Vinyl record?
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 01:53   Link #3075
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Episode 9:

I thought Shu was at a good place this week. Taking the initiative when he wants to, and not tolerating the drug addict's crap, who was throwing words like hypocrisy around carelessly like a 13 year old would. Well, until the end of the episode when the show broke him again.
Yes, I am afraid of this. He is finally sort of starting to get a back bone and become mildly useful and now this. You know he's going to be all emo next week and might continue being so for several episodes now. -_- Any progress he's made as a character will go out the window. *sighs* He has yet to get me to like him, but if he kept growing I might eventually have liked him. If he regresses it will be most annoying.
Old 2011-12-11, 02:26   Link #3076
tsunade666

If he will turn emo next week then he should revert back into a better and stronger one. Unless he wants the repeat of what happen to Jun.
Old 2011-12-11, 03:07   Link #3077
dark998

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
- Inori, the writers cut you down to one line this episode...yet you still failed to say anything coherent.
Well, those words will make sense later when she has to use "that" (as soon as next episode?). I prefer when a series foreshadows instead of spoonfeeding info on the spot.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 05:17   Link #3078
Soji

Sorry for the stupid question but the claws on endsave served only to track shu down(with the active void) and restrain him or they had a other function? No, because I read a comment on another forum that said they would remove Shu's void genome.But the translation I have seen had no this part (at least I do not think).
Old 2011-12-11, 09:36   Link #3079
rakusukira

Shu will definitely be emo next episode..

He'll need a lot of spiritual blah blah blah talk
Spoiler for :)):

Ayase going to school would be cool! I like her character anyway.

I don't really know about Hare... I kind of... dislike those character types.. this love triangle strongly resembles Shana X Yuji X Kazumi ..

Spoiler for :):
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 10:55   Link #3080
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Ayase is clearly is going to save Shuu.

Note that she was already pretty jealous when Shuu almost said "Inori is mine" from the previous episode.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig