AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Accel World

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2015-10-14, 01:27   Link #61
judasmartel
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone45 View Post
I actually made a deal to myself if we could get a second season of Accel world I would watch both SAO and love live for the first time
Wait, you mean you haven't watched SAO yet?

Only watched about 5-6 episodes of our local dub of SAO 1, and I realized I was really never sold on Kirito, as badass as he is.

Maybe he could grow on me if the anime staff showed his progress throughout the series instead of painting him as the Lord and Savior (lol) of the SAO Universe.

Sure, Haru is a fat weak emo, but at least he has that will to improve himself as time passes, something I never see in badass MCs every so often. After all, why try to improve yourself if you're already strong anyway?
__________________
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-14, 01:34   Link #62
darkone45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Wait, you mean you haven't watched SAO yet?

Only watched about 5-6 episodes of our local dub of SAO 1, and I realized I was really never sold on Kirito, as badass as he is.

Maybe he could grow on me if the anime staff showed his progress throughout the series instead of painting him as the Lord and Savior (lol) of the SAO Universe.

Sure, Haru is a fat weak emo, but at least he has that will to improve himself as time passes, something I never see in badass MCs every so often. After all, why try to improve yourself if you're already strong anyway?
no I did't only because I have some resentment to the anime not because it sucks but it took away the chances for accel world to get a season 2 so if it dose happen I will watch it 100% no questions asked same with Love live
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-14, 01:38   Link #63
judasmartel
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone45 View Post
no I did't only because I have some resentment to the anime not because it sucks but it took away the chances for accel world to get a season 2 so if it dose happen I will watch it 100% no questions asked same with Love live
Okay then. I don't feel like watching Infinite Burst unless the new character would be somehow taught by Haru, but I wish it the best of luck so that AW 2 will happen.

Right now, I'm thinking about what would be NN's territorial battle strategy as of the latest LN volume, but let's take that to the LN thread.

Thanks.
__________________
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-14, 05:16   Link #64
c933103
FTNR
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Hong Kong, UTC+8
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone45 View Post
no I did't only because I have some resentment to the anime not because it sucks but it took away the chances for accel world to get a season 2 so if it dose happen I will watch it 100% no questions asked same with Love live
....If you go by that, then every show currently airing take one chance away from Accel World getting funded by investor....
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-14, 15:19   Link #65
darkone45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
....If you go by that, then every show currently airing take one chance away from Accel World getting funded by investor....
that doesn't make any sense,those shows are not connect to accel world at all,unlike the two that are
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-14, 16:14   Link #66
darkone45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
so I suck at math but how are the sells so far ? how is Accel world vol 19 doing for the first week


*1. 80,110 *80,110 Monogatari Series: Off Season Vol.1 "Orokamonogatari"
*2. 32,843 *32,843 Accel World Vol.19
*3. 30,270 *30,270 Okitegami Kyouko no Yuigonsho
*4. 15,985 *41,433 Naruto: Itachi Shinden - Anya-hen
*5. 13,951 *13,951 Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World Vol.21
*6. 12,869 *67,577 Shinrei Tantei Yakumo: Another Files Vol.3 "Sabaki no Tou"
*7. *9,677 **9,677 Heavy Object Vol.10
*8. *9,360 *34,262 Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda.
*9. *8,924 *40,717 Log Horizon Vol.10
10. *8,728 128,452 Okitegami Kyouko no Bibouroku

11. *6,431 **6,431 Makikomarete Isekai Teni suru Yatsu wa, Taitei Cheat
12. *6,358 *13,702 Eiga Bakuman. Obata Takeshi Illustration Works (incl. Bakuman. Bangai-hen)
13. *6,293 *31,136 Isekai Cheat Majutsushi Vol.4
14. *5,833 *33,242 Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Vol.8
15. *5,711 **5,711 Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin Vol.8
16. *5,645 **5,645 Tantei Team KZ Note: Kieta Bishoujo wa Shitteiru
17. *5,534 131,557 Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Vol.9
18. *5,525 *14,314 Shokugeki no Souma: Fratelli Aldini
19. *5,514 *14,880 Izakaya Bottakuri Vol.4
20. *5,108 **5,108 Boku to Kanojo no Game Sensou Vol.9

21. *4,969 **4,969 Tenshi no 3P! Vol.6
22. *4,831 137,636 Overlord Vol.1
23. *4,819 *52,488 Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Vol.1
24. *4,337 *61,642 Okitegami Kyouko no Chousenjou
25. *4,284 **4,284 Otome Game Sekai de Sentoushoku wo Kiwamemasu: Isekai Futaude Hyouryouki
26. *4,263 *87,729 Overlord Vol.4
27. *4,260 *75,190 Naruto: Itachi Shinden - Koumyou-hen
28. *4,092 **8,094 PCP: Kotou no Kodomotachi
29. *4,081 119,782 Overlord Vol.2
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-14, 18:38   Link #67
c933103
FTNR
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Hong Kong, UTC+8
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone45 View Post
that doesn't make any sense,those shows are not connect to accel world at all,unlike the two that are
Nor is SAO connected to the anine adaptation of AW in anyway except the Drama CD?
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone45 View Post
so I suck at math but how are the sells so far ? how is Accel world vol 19 doing for the first week


*1. 80,110 *80,110 Monogatari Series: Off Season Vol.1 "Orokamonogatari"
*2. 32,843 *32,843 Accel World Vol.19
*3. 30,270 *30,270 Okitegami Kyouko no Yuigonsho
*4. 15,985 *41,433 Naruto: Itachi Shinden - Anya-hen
*5. 13,951 *13,951 Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World Vol.21
*6. 12,869 *67,577 Shinrei Tantei Yakumo: Another Files Vol.3 "Sabaki no Tou"
*7. *9,677 **9,677 Heavy Object Vol.10
*8. *9,360 *34,262 Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda.
*9. *8,924 *40,717 Log Horizon Vol.10
10. *8,728 128,452 Okitegami Kyouko no Bibouroku

11. *6,431 **6,431 Makikomarete Isekai Teni suru Yatsu wa, Taitei Cheat
12. *6,358 *13,702 Eiga Bakuman. Obata Takeshi Illustration Works (incl. Bakuman. Bangai-hen)
13. *6,293 *31,136 Isekai Cheat Majutsushi Vol.4
14. *5,833 *33,242 Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Vol.8
15. *5,711 **5,711 Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin Vol.8
16. *5,645 **5,645 Tantei Team KZ Note: Kieta Bishoujo wa Shitteiru
17. *5,534 131,557 Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Vol.9
18. *5,525 *14,314 Shokugeki no Souma: Fratelli Aldini
19. *5,514 *14,880 Izakaya Bottakuri Vol.4
20. *5,108 **5,108 Boku to Kanojo no Game Sensou Vol.9

21. *4,969 **4,969 Tenshi no 3P! Vol.6
22. *4,831 137,636 Overlord Vol.1
23. *4,819 *52,488 Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Vol.1
24. *4,337 *61,642 Okitegami Kyouko no Chousenjou
25. *4,284 **4,284 Otome Game Sekai de Sentoushoku wo Kiwamemasu: Isekai Futaude Hyouryouki
26. *4,263 *87,729 Overlord Vol.4
27. *4,260 *75,190 Naruto: Itachi Shinden - Koumyou-hen
28. *4,092 **8,094 PCP: Kotou no Kodomotachi
29. *4,081 119,782 Overlord Vol.2
It was 72,000 for Vol.18 if I remember correctly? What is the date range for the stat this time?
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-14, 18:49   Link #68
darkone45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
Nor is SAO connected to the anine adaptation of AW in anyway except the Drama CD?


It was 72,000 for Vol.18 if I remember correctly? What is the date range for the stat this time?
dose that mean its still selling strong or not ? but both are from the same author that doesn't change that fact or the many crossovers they had together also for the date range I'm not sure I got this from myanimelist
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-14, 23:40   Link #69
c933103
FTNR
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Hong Kong, UTC+8
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone45 View Post
dose that mean its still selling strong or not ? but both are from the same author that doesn't change that fact or the many crossovers they had together also for the date range I'm not sure I got this from myanimelist
There are little to low control from original author on anime...have you heard of a manga received anime adaption and only after the anime aired several episodes the original author is then aware of they made an anime for his/her work by reading news on internet?

AW18: First 4 days 72000
AW19: First 2 days 32000
it's a bit hard to say can it signify a decrease just from these numbers...better wait for next week's.
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-14, 23:44   Link #70
darkone45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
There are little to low control from original author on anime...have you heard of a manga received anime adaption and only after the anime aired several episodes the original author is then aware of they made an anime for his/her work by reading news on internet?

AW18: First 4 days 72000
AW19: First 2 days 32000
it's a bit hard to say can it signify a decrease just from these numbers...better wait for next week's.
dose the novel always sell good ? also the more days the higher the sell ? sorry for asking its one of those 3 factors to know if season 2 is going to happen
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-15, 00:27   Link #71
c933103
FTNR
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Hong Kong, UTC+8
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone45 View Post
dose the novel always sell good ? also the more days the higher the sell ? sorry for asking its one of those 3 factors to know if season 2 is going to happen
AW novels usually sell up to around 100k in the past few volumes when the volume stop appearing on oricon ranking (with a gradual decreasing trend from volune to volume buy I can't check exact number for each volume now). Sales do gro over time.

Note that these ranking data are taken from oricon which only reflect sales from those bookshops that have cooperation relationship with oricon and would report data to them.
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-15, 00:37   Link #72
darkone45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
AW novels usually sell up to around 100k in the past few volumes when the volume stop appearing on oricon ranking (with a gradual decreasing trend from volune to volume buy I can't check exact number for each volume now). Sales do gro over time.

Note that these ranking data are taken from oricon which only reflect sales from those bookshops that have cooperation relationship with oricon and would report data to them.
yeah I also juts saw that volume 18 came out on june 10 and the rankings were for june 8-14 this one is October 5-11 just one day after the vol came out it shoukd grow next week right ? also 100k is a good thing right ? is that one of the reason their doing this new Accel world anime/OVA thing ? because of the novel sells ?
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-15, 01:18   Link #73
c933103
FTNR
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Hong Kong, UTC+8
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone45 View Post
yeah I also juts saw that volume 18 came out on june 10 and the rankings were for june 8-14 this one is October 5-11 just one day after the vol came out it shoukd grow next week right ? also 100k is a good thing right ? is that one of the reason their doing this new Accel world anime/OVA thing ? because of the novel sells ?
100k is rather good in Dengeki Bunko but not exceptionally good, however it would be very good for those series in other bunko. However this number itself would not mean anything to whether there will be S2 or not as it is also the number toaru series keep selling per volume. (btw, toaru series is THE best-selling series in dengeki bunko in total.) Plus, unless the anime is directly invested by publisher company, or else those numbers would only represent the series' readerbase, which for series like Accel World that have already aired something before, it would be more useful to look at number of sales in first season anime instead of the original series as those who invest in anime can only get revenue from those things related to anime, unless there are some drastic change to the original series. On the other hand, if publisher directly invest in it then what they focus on would be the series' advertising effect from making an anime, i.e. how much gain will original novel get of an anime is to produced, but I don't think that's something you can judge with sales of one or two volumes either.
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-15, 01:23   Link #74
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone45 View Post
yeah I also juts saw that volume 18 came out on june 10 and the rankings were for june 8-14 this one is October 5-11 just one day after the vol came out it shoukd grow next week right ? also 100k is a good thing right ? is that one of the reason their doing this new Accel world anime/OVA thing ? because of the novel sells ?
You are speculating on volume sales within a very small timeframe. Any prediction drawn from a small timeframe is highly inaccurate, i.e saying it will be sunny tomorrow just because today is sunny, but ignoring the fact that it is monsoon season.

I suppose you took English lessons? Please demonstrate them.

Last but not least, it would not be wrong to time the volume release together with Infinite Burst anyway. That the release of one supports the sales of another is hardly a new thing.
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-15, 01:43   Link #75
darkone45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post
You are speculating on volume sales within a very small timeframe. Any prediction drawn from a small timeframe is highly inaccurate, i.e saying it will be sunny tomorrow just because today is sunny, but ignoring the fact that it is monsoon season.

I suppose you took English lessons? Please demonstrate them.

Last but not least, it would not be wrong to time the volume release together with Infinite Burst anyway. That the release of one supports the sales of another is hardly a new thing.
huh hi ? I don't know what,English lessons have to do on what we are talking about
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-15, 01:49   Link #76
darkone45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
100k is rather good in Dengeki Bunko but not exceptionally good, however it would be very good for those series in other bunko. However this number itself would not mean anything to whether there will be S2 or not as it is also the number toaru series keep selling per volume. (btw, toaru series is THE best-selling series in dengeki bunko in total.) Plus, unless the anime is directly invested by publisher company, or else those numbers would only represent the series' readerbase, which for series like Accel World that have already aired something before, it would be more useful to look at number of sales in first season anime instead of the original series as those who invest in anime can only get revenue from those things related to anime, unless there are some drastic change to the original series. On the other hand, if publisher directly invest in it then what they focus on would be the series' advertising effect from making an anime, i.e. how much gain will original novel get of an anime is to produced, but I don't think that's something you can judge with sales of one or two volumes either.
the thing is some people said that the sells for terra formars sold 1,167 and that very poor but is getting a second season,because the manga sells so high but I'm not sure if manga or light novel have,the same criteria,when it comes to those things if you,could shade some light on that that would be very welcoming also I already know about index I'm a fan as well but there trying to get a season 3 out so it not out of the question
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-15, 10:54   Link #77
c933103
FTNR
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Hong Kong, UTC+8
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone45 View Post
the thing is some people said that the sells for terra formars sold 1,167 and that very poor but is getting a second season,because the manga sells so high but I'm not sure if manga or light novel have,the same criteria,when it comes to those things if you,could shade some light on that that would be very welcoming also I already know about index I'm a fan as well but there trying to get a season 3 out so it not out of the question
- Most anime that perform not so good but still get second season is simply because that was the plan ever before first season began so they have to withstand the lost and continue. Also, in some other case there might be other revenue modes that help like GUNPLA or those shows aren't midnight anime to begin with but these are rare exception.

- Dengeki Bunko people also said they want to get AW S2 since long ago.
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-15, 15:34   Link #78
darkone45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
- Most anime that perform not so good but still get second season is simply because that was the plan ever before first season began so they have to withstand the lost and continue. Also, in some other case there might be other revenue modes that help like GUNPLA or those shows aren't midnight anime to begin with but these are rare exception.

- Dengeki Bunko people also said they want to get AW S2 since long ago.
ah your right on this if the blu ray sell well enough then S2 can happen and that all i actually is a season 2 since season 1 had a major cliff hanger
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-19, 05:28   Link #79
Tri-ring
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Land of the rising sun
Within the postscript by the author in Vol19. he mentions that the new anime is going to take place a little after the present arc within the novel.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-21, 15:52   Link #80
darkone45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
1. 42,878 *75,721 Accel World Vol.19
*2. 40,342 *40,342 Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Vol.5
*3. 26,638 106,748 Monogatari Series: Off Season Vol.1 "Orokamonogatari"
*4. 25,798 *39,749 Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World Vol.19
*5. 18,275 *18,275 Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Vol.8
*6. 13,642 *13,642 Seiken Tsukai no World Break Vol.14
*7. 12,669 *42,939 Okitegami Kyouko no Yuigonsho
*8. 12,087 140,539 Okitegami Kyouko no Bibouroku
*9. 11,603 *11,603 Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut Vol.7
10. 11,031 *45,293 Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda.

11. 10,685 *20,362 Heavy Object Vol.10
12. 10,544 *78,121 Shinrei Tantei Yakumo: Another Files Vol.3 "Sabaki no Tou"
13. *8,595 **8,595 Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu!
14. *8,370 100,439 Overlord Vol.9
15. *8,189 *49,622 Naruto: Itachi Shinden - Anya-hen
16. *8,105 *99,814 Overlord Vol.8
17. *7,684 **7,684 Nanatsu no Taizai Gaiden Vol.2 "Karera ga Nokoshita Nanatsu no Kizuato"
18. *7,371 *96,526 Overlord Vol.7
19. *6,680 104,869 Overlord Vol.5
20. *6,393 *94,122 Overlord Vol.4

21. *6,253 143,889 Overlord Vol.1
22. *6,160 *11,129 Tenshi no 3P! Vol.6
23. *6,072 *11,783 Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin Vol.8
24. *5,544 *84,614 Overlord Vol.6
25. *5,343 120,784 Overlord Vol.3
26. *4,990 124,772 Overlord Vol.2
27. *4,697 *66,339 Okitegami Kyouko no Chousenjou
28. *4,630 *45,347 Log Horizon Vol.10
29. *4,608 *87,150 Okitegami Kyouko no Suisenbun
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.