AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

View Poll Results: F/SN UBW TV - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 21 35.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 33.90%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 18.64%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 5.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.08%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.69%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-04-05, 12:31   Link #61
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Great episode! It's good to watch FSN UBW again.
Love the Shiro x Rin moment.
Old 2015-04-05, 12:41   Link #62
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
Beign a Rinfag is so wonderful, love everything about her in this chapter, and props to Shirou for confessing. What Archer did was really shitty but its almost 100% that there is a reason behind it.
Its not Unlimited budget work for nothing, awesome.
The opening was really good, not so sure about the ending, but its was good nonetheless.
Well yeah, he needed to break the binds Rin force on him when she used 2 of her command seals to restrict his movements. He needed to be free from her control to achieve his objective.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 14:17   Link #63
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
Beign a Rinfag is so wonderful, love everything about her in this chapter, and props to Shirou for confessing. What Archer did was really shitty but its almost 100% that there is a reason behind it.
Its not Unlimited budget work for nothing, awesome.
The opening was really good, not so sure about the ending, but its was good nonetheless.
Archer might have his reasons; but for some reason, he's becoming more hypocritical (to me) for some reason.
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 14:26   Link #64
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSamurai365 View Post
Archer might have his reasons; but for some reason, he's becoming more hypocritical (to me) for some reason.
If you're not sure, then all you need to ask yourself is whether you've seen him doing something that he tells and wants others not to do in a similar situation or not doing something that he tells and wants others to do in a similar situation. If the answer is yes, then you know that he is being hypocritical. Otherwise, he might be a liar or something else, but probably not a hypocrite.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 20:42   Link #65
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

I had to upmost misfortune of dealing with people calling Saber "before strong character now fap material" and Medea OOC...

Medea was wellknown for sending a coronet and a DRESS to the wife of Jason after he betrayed her. In other words, she was simply reenacting her power play oh so long ago unto Saber, wanting to break her resolve just as she broke Jason's.
Plus a strong character =/= no flaws. A strong character has to have likable traits such as courage and whatnot but parts of their persona that can be exploited so later in the narrative, have them overcome it. Saber has lived her life an ideal rather than a person. So being humiliated in a dress, made unable to help Shirou or anyone, being made to succumb to Caster's will all piles up into her flaw in her persona. She has no way in dealing with it so the best she can do is simply hold on to her will.

Rant over.
#betteranimation #betterediting
Rev Okkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 22:21   Link #66
Ernietheracefan

Kirei is in hiding, eating mapo tofu..
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-06, 00:16   Link #67
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Okkin View Post
I had to upmost misfortune of dealing with people calling Saber "before strong character now fap material" and Medea OOC...

Medea was wellknown for sending a coronet and a DRESS to the wife of Jason after he betrayed her. In other words, she was simply reenacting her power play oh so long ago unto Saber, wanting to break her resolve just as she broke Jason's.
Plus a strong character =/= no flaws. A strong character has to have likable traits such as courage and whatnot but parts of their persona that can be exploited so later in the narrative, have them overcome it. Saber has lived her life an ideal rather than a person. So being humiliated in a dress, made unable to help Shirou or anyone, being made to succumb to Caster's will all piles up into her flaw in her persona. She has no way in dealing with it so the best she can do is simply hold on to her will.

Rant over.
Haha, what a big pile of crap.

Don't get near Reddit and MAL FSN threads, people there are elitists beyond elitists and generally unpleasant. Mostly with BS like the one you just wrote.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-06, 00:32   Link #68
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

Funny thing was I pooled them from the Crunchyroll forums.

Also include Neogaf on that front. They present their hate with seemingly clever analysis but most of it are resolvable in any case.
#betteranimation #betterediting
Rev Okkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-06, 02:51   Link #69
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Internet is generally more negative than positive, this isn't exclusive to Fate. Every fandom sucks, I guarantee you that.

Even Japanese people are whining over the most simplist things. I checked it out yesterday and dear god, I wish I hadn't. I had assumed that they were better than the western side but they're equally bad.
Old 2015-04-06, 03:12   Link #70
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Exactly what is disempowering about a woman who is resisting an irresistable spell?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-06, 03:25   Link #71
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

It should actually be telling us how strong Saber is physically and mentally to be able to withstand a command spell.

People generally think that just because they were incompetent at understanding a certain plot point, it's a fictional flaw and the story's fault.

Not everything should be spoon-fed to us. Imagine if a conversation like this was written in :

Caster : Oh Saber, *exposition why command spell is strong
Saber : Kyasta, *talking about honor and not giving in
Caster : *more exposition

That's a VN territory and something like that can't possibly work in an anime medium. Otherwise we'd have people complaining about "too much talking, not enough action".
Old 2015-04-06, 07:24   Link #72
Rogue66

Fist episode was great, love the op and everything else in episode.
Rogue66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-06, 11:19   Link #73
Ernietheracefan

Looks like Shiro, Tokiomi, and Kirei are the only guy who can make Rin crying.
PS: Rin is extremely moe in this episode
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-06, 13:55   Link #74
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
It should actually be telling us how strong Saber is physically and mentally to be able to withstand a command spell.

People generally think that just because they were incompetent at understanding a certain plot point, it's a fictional flaw and the story's fault.
True definition of "plot hole":
"An occurence or development in the story that does not make sense when taken in the context of past and future story events and story setting."

Internet definition of "plot hole":
"An occurence or development in the story that does not make sense 'to me'."
Old 2015-04-06, 15:05   Link #75
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
True definition of "plot hole":
"An occurence or development in the story that does not make sense when taken in the context of past and future story events and story setting."

Internet definition of "plot hole":
"An occurence or development in the story that does not make sense 'to me'."
Yup, you hit the nail with this post.

The amount of times I have to correct what a "plot hole" means to people on the Net is way too high.
Old 2015-04-06, 18:44   Link #76
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
Yup, you hit the nail with this post.

The amount of times I have to correct what a "plot hole" means to people on the Net is way too high.
Just one of many words that applies to though. The same also applies to: "self-insert", "wish-fulfillment", "Mary Sue/Gary Stu", "asspull", "Dues Ex Machina", "edgy", "dark", "mature", "bland", "generic" and probably quite some more buzzwords.
Old 2015-04-07, 01:44   Link #77
iBeast

What does Rin see in Shirou? Why is she attracted to him?
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 01:59   Link #78
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
He can cook. Guys who can cook get the girls .
Old 2015-04-07, 02:59   Link #79
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Just one of many words that applies to though. The same also applies to: "self-insert", "wish-fulfillment", "Mary Sue/Gary Stu", "asspull", "Dues Ex Machina", "edgy", "dark", "mature", "bland", "generic" and probably quite some more buzzwords.
Don't forget "pacing issues". You just have to yell that out without explaining what you mean by it and you're a 1st rate Internet critic.

Every person defines this "pacing issues" differently, lol.
Old 2015-04-07, 02:59   Link #80
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
That should get revealed in the Heaven's Feel movie(s). At least the moment she fell in love with him.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote