AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

View Poll Results: F/SN UBW TV - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 23 43.40%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 26.42%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 22.64%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 3.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.89%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.89%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-04-18, 16:24   Link #41
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Umm.... Ilya dies in HF? In Fate too?

W-what O_O

Did I not read the VN well enough?
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-18, 16:50   Link #42
Moekou
Stardust is Delicious~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QS_Bilal View Post
That was brutal...
Anyhow, Fate/zero Berserker put up a much better fight.
Not really.
Spoiler for Fate Zero:
Moekou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-18, 16:56   Link #43
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
I didn't see this yet, but I pretty much remembered this from the movie..

Spoiler:
bro, she dies in Heaven's feel too, and even fate route, despite her living throughout the series, after the war she's only got a year or two left to live seeing how her body was designed to be the best master and the strain would kill her. (notice how her growth is completely stunted?)
Old 2015-04-18, 17:00   Link #44
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well she doesn't die per se in Fate, but presuming the limitations of her Homunculi body she would die rather young. Zero however suggests that she is part human as Kiritsugu's offspring so that might ot necessarily apply.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-18, 17:26   Link #45
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernietheracefan View Post
But Ilya's death in HF is more heroic..
And I prefer Ilya as loli onee-san. (I guess I should waiting 'till tomorrow to watch this)
(While listening Sanya no Uta to remembering Ilya)
Spoiler for Heaven's Feel route:
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-18, 17:26   Link #46
HandofFate

dang.
really loving the expanded scenes ufotable is adding to built upon the stuff that's glossed over in a few sentences in the VN
Old 2015-04-18, 17:42   Link #47
MCAL

That was honestly much better than I expected it to be.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-18, 17:56   Link #48
iBeast

Is there really any question as to who the strongest servant of all time is?
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-18, 18:34   Link #49
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
A very well made episode. Bravo!

And I had thought Shirou was getting to be a smarter character, but he once again proves he only uses his head as shoulder ballast.
He could be the most intelligent person in the world and he would have still jumped there. It is a miracle he did not jump sooner seeing his personality.
Old 2015-04-18, 18:40   Link #50
Jerseykid

Having ilya die before she got the chance to talk with shirou seems an epic failure in plot writing

oops left out "die"

Last edited by Jerseykid; 2015-04-18 at 19:20.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-18, 18:44   Link #51
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
Having ilya before she got the chance to talk with shirou seems an epic failure in plot writing
Or it was intentional to keep that conversation for the last route.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-18, 19:15   Link #52
Rogue66

Dam that was a sad episode, got to give Ufotable a round of applause for this episode it was well done. All the new scene just made me feel even sadder for Illya I knew she was going to die but it just sad to see how she suffered and all the hardship she went through. The battle was not the most amazing one but the episode wasn't really trying to do that, it was main focusing on Illya. Overall this was properly once of best episode so far.
Rogue66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-18, 20:50   Link #53
Witch of Uncertainty

Oh my god that was so beautiful. I am in pain. And that ending song was really beautiful.
Question, though: She saw the corrupted irisviel. I know that the Homunculuses of Einzbern can communicate with each other even beyond death, but I thought that Irisviel was 'cleansed' after death. Is she simply still corrupted by the grail? And will be for all eternity? That's kind of sad.
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-18, 22:07   Link #54
JustThisOne
Eternally Ignored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
Having ilya die before she got the chance to talk with shirou seems an epic failure in plot writing

oops left out "die"
This is a problem with adapting a VN to anime. When F/SN was written it was written as a VN. This assumes the reader read the Fate route before, actually to read the UBW route one must complete the Fate route. So when reading the VN, most readers actually know a little bit about Ilya's character and there is emotional impact of Ilya's death in UBW, despite Ilya not interacting much with the other characters.

I guess its Ufotable's fault for faithfully following the VN to this degree. Honestly they should have just done an original route for the anime.
JustThisOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-18, 22:07   Link #55
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

lol this fight is so 1 sided making Berserker so useless, even those who lost to Gil in the previous seasons put up a decent fight against him.
Old 2015-04-18, 22:15   Link #56
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

Reminder that material is cut due to TV restrictions~
https://twitter.com/hikaruufo/status/589450315826536449

I haven't watched the ep yet~

Yeah, the viewing order is Zero -> UBW -> HF.
Zero is a literal prologue here, it's something you need to see before FSN but not something FSN is tied down to other than some narrative plotlines and whatnot.
#betteranimation #betterediting
Rev Okkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-18, 22:18   Link #57
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Well she doesn't die per se in Fate, but presuming the limitations of her Homunculi body she would die rather young. Zero however suggests that she is part human as Kiritsugu's offspring so that might ot necessarily apply.
Word of God is that she would die approximately one year after the events in Fate, so unfortunately her humanness isn't quite enough.

As to 'corrupted Irisviel,' I'm not 100% sure that's really Iri at all. The Einzbern homunculi have a kind of genetic memory thing going on, so she could communicate with a sort of Irisviel, but it shouldn't have any connection to the real living one (or rather, real one that actually lived).

I am much more apt to believe that either one of the following two scenarios happened:

1) Acht is responsible for the hallucinations, in an attempt to brainwash Illya so she'll be a good little puppet master.

2) The corrupted Grail is messing with her, bringing her subconscious hate/fear to the surface, and Iri is just the form that the hallucinations happen to take.

That being said, the only time in the original source material we saw any of the genetic memory stuff was in Heaven's Feel, and that was a very different situation. So there is a large possibility this is just a new development that was previously unattested to. Also the possibility that Iri was somehow subsumed into the Grail, and thus its kind of a mix of corrupted Iri and corrupted Grail that are bothering the poor girl.

As far as the actual question, I was under the impression that Irisviel was annihilated in F/Z, thus no longer corrupted because she no longer exists. If she somehow managed to hold on though, she would almost definitely be corrupted. The only one who has shown to have any capability of releasing the corruption is sort of F/SN Caster, and she was obviously no where to be seen when Iri's situation was going down.
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-18, 22:25   Link #58
The One Above God
Kamijou

Well, I guess Illya didn't see that coming now, did she?

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-18, 22:27   Link #59
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
Did I not read the VN well enough?
Apparently (though her Fate route death was explained in either the final Tiger Dojo (for getting all of them) or side material, forget which... not part of the route proper).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
lol this fight is so 1 sided making Berserker so useless, even those who lost to Gil in the previous seasons put up a decent fight against him.
No they didn't. Zero!Berserker was a supposed perfect counter and never got Gilgamesh to go any tougher than he did against this Berserker. Rider literally charged in a straight line, never pressuring Gil, and got strung up my Enkidu at the last second. Saber staggered at him and got axed a question. Heracles at least forced a massive use of GoB that we've never seen before, plus broke Enkidu.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-18, 22:33   Link #60
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

I took a SMALL PEEK at the very beginning...

Yeah, Gil deduced that he needs to step up his game not to get skewered by Berserker so comparing abitseriousGil against didyoujusttouchmuhtreasuresGil and IhaveeverythingincontrolGil isn't an apt comparison.
It's like comparing an Army Corporal vs a child and Army Corporal vs a teen. Both would be wiped out easily, it's just that Corporal puts a bit more effort against the teen.
Replace Army Corporal with Gil, child with Saber and Rider, and teen with Berserker.
#betteranimation #betterediting
Rev Okkin is offline   Reply With Quote