Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2016-03-11, 23:46   Link #6121
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
i saw the anime, and it is so...well, not to my taste, is the LN the same? (going nowhere and always repeating the fanservice)
- Yes. So probably not your thing.

The main thing that frustrates me with the LN and anime is that there's a lot of potential in the story but the writer just doesn't seem capable of delivering on it. That or else, he's as dense as Ichika is about which direction the story should be taking.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-12, 10:37   Link #6122
Router25
World Connector. I think

dumb question but would any series branded with the genre of harem suffer a harsh fate of plotholes and bad storytelling?
Old 2016-03-12, 19:29   Link #6123
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Router25 View Post
dumb question but would any series branded with the genre of harem suffer a harsh fate of plotholes and bad storytelling?
- Not necessarily. But it would need to written well. And more often than not most tv series (in general) are not written well. Harem series are written with an idiot protagonist and lots of female characters with the intention of selling merchandise based on the female characters. Sometimes it's stupid but it's fun. Other times you want to hurl a rock at your tv screen. Worst off if the series has story potential beyond the harem antics and you can see it but the writers don't.

I guess it's also dependent on the source material. A lot of current Harem anime series are based on Light Novels or Manga that are already Harem series to begin with. At best they're copying the manga word for word. At worst, they're making it worse.

Previously (late 90's-early 2000s) most Harem series were based on Visual Novel or Ren'Ai games, and some of the TV versions were not nearly as Harem-heavy (Da Capo 2 1st season for example) but still had a lot of character time for the female characters to interact with the male character. Not to say they were fantastic (God, don't remind me of what Kakyuusei 2 was supposed to be, that felt more like watching the Twilight Zone and not in a good way), but I guess I could appreciate the anime version writers trying something different.
Old 2016-03-14, 03:29   Link #6124
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

@Fire: Uhm, this is the Light Novel thread. Fanfiction is the other one.
Old 2016-03-19, 22:00   Link #6125
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

The first takobon of Black Bunny/Whitebitter is available!

The translation took too long!
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-22, 14:03   Link #6126
Murakami Kai
Jesus Of Cringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Not necessarily. But it would need to written well. And more often than not most tv series (in general) are not written well. Harem series are written with an idiot protagonist and lots of female characters with the intention of selling merchandise based on the female characters. Sometimes it's stupid but it's fun. Other times you want to hurl a rock at your tv screen. Worst off if the series has story potential beyond the harem antics and you can see it but the writers don't.

I guess it's also dependent on the source material. A lot of current Harem anime series are based on Light Novels or Manga that are already Harem series to begin with. At best they're copying the manga word for word. At worst, they're making it worse.

Previously (late 90's-early 2000s) most Harem series were based on Visual Novel or Ren'Ai games, and some of the TV versions were not nearly as Harem-heavy (Da Capo 2 1st season for example) but still had a lot of character time for the female characters to interact with the male character. Not to say they were fantastic (God, don't remind me of what Kakyuusei 2 was supposed to be, that felt more like watching the Twilight Zone and not in a good way), but I guess I could appreciate the anime version writers trying something different.
You can't exactly say that the females are a great example of characters on merit of being female alone. How would you react to people trying to stab or render you 6 feet under? That's so overblown in this series that you may as well start looking into court restraining orders.

The girls are as considerable for fault in these series as any mc. Dense does not always happen out of nowhere.
Old 2016-03-22, 16:38   Link #6127
lovetospoon73

Quote:
- Yes. So probably not your thing.

The main thing that frustrates me with the LN and anime is that there's a lot of potential in the story but the writer just doesn't seem capable of delivering on it. That or else, he's as dense as Ichika is about which direction the story should be taking.
as i recall(i think) there was a whole lot of hate on naruto, when it was starting out, maybe izuru will make IS more awsome as he contiue writing it, also a little birdy told me that iS miGht gEt a piCtUrE dRaMa

Last edited by lovetospoon73; 2016-03-22 at 18:04.
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-23, 06:01   Link #6128
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murakami Kai View Post
You can't exactly say that the females are a great example of characters on merit of being female alone.
- Where did I say that? I said that the female characters are the main source of merchandise in a harem series. Nothing was said about female characters in harem series being great And that was in resposne abotu harem series in general, not just IS.

Look, if it makes you happy, this is true of harem series with 1 girl and multiple guys as well. Fushigi Yuugi, for one.

Last edited by wavehawk; 2016-03-23 at 06:15.
Old 2016-03-25, 07:50   Link #6129
False Prophet
Suffer in Lake of Fire

I might get ban because of this: http://over-lap.co.jp/comic/series/0...d.html#/page/1
False Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 17:52   Link #6130
Murakami Kai
Jesus Of Cringe

Quote:
- Where did I say that? I said that the female characters are the main source of merchandise in a harem series. Nothing was said about female characters in harem series being great And that was in resposne abotu harem series in general, not just IS.

Look, if it makes you happy, this is true of harem series with 1 girl and multiple guys as well. Fushigi Yuugi, for one.
You'd be surprised how often people will praise a female character like she was perfect regardless of flaws.

I don't watch very many reverse harem really. Used to. But only because I watched everything I could. Unless it was the level of retarded comedy of Bobobo and I'll just drop it and watch random clips.
Old 2016-03-28, 17:08   Link #6131
lovetospoon73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murakami Kai View Post
You'd be surprised how often people will praise a female character like she was perfect regardless of flaws.

I don't watch very many reverse harem really. Used to. But only because I watched everything I could. Unless it was the level of retarded comedy of Bobobo and I'll just drop it and watch random clips.
yep, plus usually the members of the harem r more perverted than the MC also i notice this while i was looking for more spoilers on volume 10 of the LN series

Last edited by lovetospoon73; 2016-03-28 at 19:21.
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-02, 18:11   Link #6132
Chaos-Zero

Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
Any news of Infinite Stratos yet? Its been a while time since they announced vol 10 of the light novel.
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-04, 18:42   Link #6133
DarkJak2050

I'm wondering if the event of Vol. 9 and 10 occur around the month of November/December.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-23, 13:40   Link #6134
Oslight
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanafi Bouchebout View Post
Can someone please give me information and spoilers from the end of Volume 08 till the 010th Volume since the translation is Dead and the Anime won't be getting a third season any time soon, Please ?????
Spoiler for Vol 9 summary by Flere821:

You can read the first two chapters here:
https://daupao.wordpress.com/2014/10...9-translation/

Spoiler for Vol 10 by justpassingby:
Oslight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-23, 14:36   Link #6135
Oslight
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanafi Bouchebout View Post
Thank you very much for everything and could you please give me the 010th Volume illustrations, please ??
https://imgur.com/a/jvN91/all
Oslight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-24, 00:11   Link #6136
Chaos-Zero

Thanks for most of the information.

Spoiler for Vol 9:
Old 2016-04-24, 06:15   Link #6137
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oslight View Post
Spoiler for Vol 9 summary by Flere821:

You can read the first two chapters here:
https://daupao.wordpress.com/2014/10...9-translation/

Spoiler for Vol 10 by justpassingby:
As much as I'd appreciate the info on Vol. 9 and 10, it doesn't really help me as much. I have a fanfic and it ties into the actual light novels, and summaries are not enough. I need to actually read them so I can get as much info as possible and incorporate it into my fic. Basically, I need someone to fully translate Vol. 9 and 10, with Baka-Tsuki practically abandoned it.

But is there any chance that you know what month(s) does the events of Vol. 9 and 10 occur? Because the month of November is a significant month for my characters in my fic.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-24, 09:21   Link #6138
Gespenst1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
As much as I'd appreciate the info on Vol. 9 and 10, it doesn't really help me as much. I have a fanfic and it ties into the actual light novels, and summaries are not enough. I need to actually read them so I can get as much info as possible and incorporate it into my fic. Basically, I need someone to fully translate Vol. 9 and 10, with Baka-Tsuki practically abandoned it.

But is there any chance that you know what month(s) does the events of Vol. 9 and 10 occur? Because the month of November is a significant month for my characters in my fic.
Me too. You can read it here. As I said in the foreword, I wrote it as soon as Volume 8 came out, so chronologically, I placed it at November 20, with the years used as my invention based on information I read in places, to avoid any problems so far.

Anyways, back on-topic. While what I'm about to ask relates to Infinite Stratos wiki, this is what I ask: Aside from Houki being born on July 4 and Ichika born on September 27, are the following birthdays true or not:

January 24 (Kaoruko)

January 28 (Shizune)

February 27 (M/Madoka)

July 27 (Chifuyu, Tatenashi)

July 29 (Honne)

August 5 (Maya)

August 6 (Kanzashi)

August 8 (Utsuho)

October 16 (Tina)

October 28 (Autumn)

October 29 (Squall)

November 13 (Charlotte)

November 20 (Cecilia)

December 20 (Tabane)
Gespenst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-26, 10:40   Link #6139
Chaos-Zero

I read Chapter 2 of vol.9. The last thing that I remembered is that Team Houki lost 200 points and Ichika gets caught in the explosion at the next moment. What happens after that?
Old 2016-04-26, 20:06   Link #6140
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Haven't read it... But I'm going to go out on a limb and say he survives followed by more harem antics.

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen