Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2016-04-23, 02:27   Link #761
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone45 View Post
I know this not the thread for this but what did older Viewers even complain about the MC being to violent ? their meant to be battle harden war Orphans what do they even expect this anime was going to be with a title like iron Blooded Orphans ?
No. That's not it.

Only casual viewers (minority, parent and teacher) complaint about MC (in this case, a kid) being violent since it may gave bad influence to younger audience (if there'll be that kind of scene, then why there's no 15+ warning or something like that from start). The main audience (those fond with Gundam, or anime at least) complaints mostly about its horrible pacing, overall complaints get clearer by the end of series:

- "The pacing is horrible, it would be good if they still remember their goal. LOL."
- "Good premise, poorly executed, so underwhelming."
- "A Gundam series that lose its charm after three episodes"
- "The exposition is terrible, repeating same topics over and over again, the only difference is the wording."
- "The characters lack appeal, not to mention mostly one-dimensional."
- "Overhype. Its disappointing, Sunrise."
- "The gags is lame while the established scene is repetitive"

Some of them not complaining while they does expressing their disappointment by joining discussion. When asked, its because they already suspect the series would turned out like that since Nagai Tatsuyuki directed it and Okada role mostly at series composition (similar to Urobuchi role on Aldnoah Zero).

Quote:
I'm shocked they don't express these Criticism on twitter But with these Twitter comments it shows that IBO still had some form of support in japan with all the Thank yous going around.
There's reason why IBO listed as one of Top 3 Anime in Japan based on Newtype February 2016 Issue. LOL.

Last edited by Tactics; 2016-04-23 at 05:57. Reason: Fix an information
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-23, 07:56   Link #762
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
No. That's not it.

Some of them not complaining while they does expressing their disappointment by joining discussion. When asked, its because they already suspect the series would turned out like that since Nagai Tatsuyuki directed it and Okada role mostly at series composition (similar to Urobuchi role on Aldnoah Zero).

There's reason why IBO listed as one of Top 3 Anime in Japan based on Newtype February 2016 Issue. LOL.
Yup it seems Japen has a Clearly Very Different Because I really didn't see any of that ( one Good example is Biscuit is far from 1 one-dimensional LOL ) Taste then us in the west, What dose New type Have to do with The positive Twitter feed back ? I really don't see what Sunrise has to fix other then add more Mobile suits battles and that it.
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-24, 02:49   Link #763
Tetsu Aero

So now that the series have been over for awhile, did it improve after episode 10?

I only watched it until the harem ship arrived and lost interest at that point.
Tetsu Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-24, 04:27   Link #764
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu Aero View Post
So now that the series have been over for awhile, did it improve after episode 10?
It sure did. And it was well received. Just read the professional episodic reviews online. Those that don't like it is in the minority. That much I can say, but I don't know about your preference.
Old 2016-04-24, 07:18   Link #765
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu Aero View Post

I only watched it until the harem ship arrived and lost interest at that point.
its a lot better and gets interesting from there.
Old 2016-04-24, 07:32   Link #766
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
I would argue it's more Your Mileage Will Vary, but it does introduce concepts that wasn't present earlier on which does give someone a reason to watch. And marathoning the show instead of watching it week by week, means the pacing issues are not as bad.

The politics certainly got better though and I feel like we do have a good macro plot going on now. This isn't a micro plot anymore, some have big plans for the world and are doing things to achieve it.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2016-04-24 at 11:38.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-27, 00:23   Link #767
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Why couldn't they cover it up? Fareed was so close to putting in a puppet leader for Abrau, putting Gjallarhorn troops as security, when it's against their code to interfere. If it wasn't for the Graze Ein entering the city, he could very well have still won. It's interesting how these families managed to fall while still in power.
Perhaps it shall be explained later could very well be a conspiracy by the other families also. Perhaps there was a limit to how much can be mitigated or covered up. Even Fareed wasn't able to avoid punishment once his plot was exposed.

I'm under impression that they're still part of the Seven Stars, which is still a super exclusive club. It could very well be a matter of relative standards. Being demoted from billionaires to millionaires for example may be a big drop by the standards of super rich, but it's still a good living by the standards of most people.
Old 2016-04-27, 04:53   Link #768
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Only casual viewers (minority, parent and teacher) complaint about MC (in this case, a kid) being violent since it may gave bad influence to younger audience (if there'll be that kind of scene, then why there's no 15+ warning or something like that from start). The main audience (those fond with Gundam, or anime at least) complaints mostly about its horrible pacing, overall complaints get clearer by the end of series:

- "The pacing is horrible, it would be good if they still remember their goal. LOL."
- "Good premise, poorly executed, so underwhelming."
- "A Gundam series that lose its charm after three episodes"
- "The exposition is terrible, repeating same topics over and over again, the only difference is the wording."
- "The characters lack appeal, not to mention mostly one-dimensional."
- "Overhype. Its disappointing, Sunrise."
- "The gags is lame while the established scene is repetitive"

Yep, a bit generic but I can agree with some of them.
For me, in short, basically the problem is that the show didn't match its premise loosing itself along the way. Mixed to the characters becoming stale really fast. And the enemies / allies being inconsistent.
For that reason I said it would have benefit to be 13 episode long. Basically after around episode 11 the show started losing it.

It's like they decided to stop developing things for some reason. An (im)possible explanation I can think of is that they got green-lighted for the second season and so they had to remove things from the plot to last two whole series. That's the impression I got.

What I felt it lacked the most, apart the character department, is the hardship that you would expect from such a premise to reach the goal they reached. The happy ending is somehow the testament of this lacking.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-27, 05:20   Link #769
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

To be honest, personally I thought the show improved after Episode 11. Well not really at 11 but maybe at around 14 or 15. It was good before but I thought the Teiwaz Arc and Brewers Arc were much longer than they needed to be and was a pretty huge downturn and turn off to me except for their corresponding battles.

I do think feel the character developement feels lacking though but I guess I'm more okay with that because of a Season 2 coming. The whole show itself feels very incomplete and wanting (unlike in Gundam 00 Season 1) but with a Season 2 coming that's not necessrily a good thing or a bad thing, just a thing. I feel like in a Schrodinger's Cat situation here. The cat/show is neither alive or dead and Season 2 will be the one where we open the box and see which one it is.

Because of that, I do feel like I have huge expectations for Season 2 because my overall outlook of the show will depend heavily on how it "completes" the story. Expectations that may not even be met perhaps but one can dream and hope. Unfortunately, Sunrise doesn't have a good record with Season 2s.

In the meantime I guess I am having fun with the show, especially on the technological discussions. Not had this much mecha forum fun since 00. Since half of my enjoyment of a Gundam show m comes from this aspect, I guess I can say that even worst comes to worst, this show has delivered this great to me at least on the technological lore perspective. Ever since the first HG Barbatos manual landed, I have been impressed. The only downside I have seen with this is the lack of any MSV series but with some sidestories being released, the series is rectifying that problem.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2016-04-27 at 05:34.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-02, 09:11   Link #770
Tenzen12

I agree that IBO has slow pacing sometimes, but I don't understand where any other complaints come from
Old 2016-05-02, 11:09   Link #771
Rainforce
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I agree that IBO has slow pacing sometimes, but I don't understand where any other complaints come from
You must be blind since the animation is garbage
Rainforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-02, 13:48   Link #772
Tenzen12

It has decent battles and average everything else.
Old 2016-05-02, 17:37   Link #773
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainforce View Post
Or maybe you need to get YOUR eyes checked

And going for personal insults doesn't help you prove your case either, as a heads up
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-02, 17:58   Link #774
darkone45

Quote:
Nope Pretty sure its Just your blind hate and Clear Ignorance Better luck Next Time Buddy, no one is dumb enough to fall for your bait.

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media...jhfs9x0rd1.gif

http://49.media.tumblr.com/878fe0091...dbiao1_400.gif

http://66.media.tumblr.com/553f2b4a3...dgpo1_1280.gif

http://45.media.tumblr.com/1d71fb8b1...dbiao1_400.gif

https://45.media.tumblr.com/446f111e...ouqio1_500.gif
Old 2016-05-02, 18:59   Link #775
Rainforce
Banned

Quote:
nice cherrypicking!
Rainforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-02, 19:09   Link #776
KnightShade

Quote:
isn't rainforce the same guy from earlier in the first cour who claimed there weren't main pilots as violent as mika? or am i thinking of someone else?
Old 2016-05-02, 19:24   Link #777
xeviouses

Huh, most complaints are in the minority anyway and the show did address some of the things they were barking.
Old 2016-05-02, 19:30   Link #778
darkone45

Quote:
nice cherrypicking!
Not even cherry picking I have a lot more where that came from, few examples

https://45.media.tumblr.com/f4cf4670...ao4_r1_400.gif

http://49.media.tumblr.com/d3d8224be...ouqio1_500.gif

But again Nice bait buddy.

@kidstandout Yup same Guy who spouted the same shit, his just very salty IBO has a season 2 he should ether drop the anime or deal with it, or he could be a G reco fan that still Butthurt about no season 2. (Well the bad fans at least.)

Last edited by darkone45; 2016-05-02 at 19:47.
Old 2016-05-07, 03:26   Link #779
GundamFan0083

The animation in this series is excellent.
It may not be "movie" quality, but it's not supposed to be as this is a series.

I cannot understand why anyone would find this animation reprehensible.
Clearly some people didn't grow up with the original Gundam UC 0079, so they don't appreciate just how amazing the Gundam anime are today.

I for one, do appreciate the quality of this new show.

Here's what I grew up with.

Old 2016-05-07, 06:56   Link #780
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
The animation in this series is excellent.
It may not be "movie" quality, but it's not supposed to be as this is a series.

I cannot understand why anyone would find this animation reprehensible.
Clearly some people didn't grow up with the original Gundam UC 0079, so they don't appreciate just how amazing the Gundam anime are today.

I for one, do appreciate the quality of this new show.

Here's what I grew up with.

I grew up with Wing but I did backtrack to 0079 and a few other anime with worse animations.

IBO's animations are far from garbage

In fact, I actually love it. Delivers the brutality of battles pretty well, not to mention Barbatos' occassional rampages.