2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-11-13, 15:17   Link #61
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrusManus View Post
Atra and Lafter are female human debris.
Really. They confirmed that this episode that Lafter was once a child slave as well?
Old 2016-11-13, 15:57   Link #62
FerrusManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Really. They confirmed that this episode that Lafter was once a child slave as well?
We know that Lafter was rescued from bad people by Naze when she was younger. She told this either Atra or Akihiro (I don't know anymore).
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-13, 16:06   Link #63
Aetherdraw

Called it! Freaking called it! Its like they're following some long-time tradition with this, That freakin Radish got triple tapped to the head!!! But still, i feel so bad for Takaki and Fuka... I laughed at Mika kicking Hush out of the way though. And Akihiro man, what a guy! Galan catching the Gusion's fists, then getting smacked in the head anyways, hah! Did you forget my other pair of arms ya bitch!!!!

P.S: AkihiroXLafter OTP
Aetherdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-13, 16:46   Link #64
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrusManus View Post
We know that Lafter was rescued from bad people by Naze when she was younger. She told this either Atra or Akihiro (I don't know anymore).
Merrybit I think. She was a regular prostitute. Not the kind of human debris with the red marking. Debris are marked by everyone.
Old 2016-11-13, 18:05   Link #65
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
or maybe Teiwaz, since Tekkadan will probably have some settling to do with Teiwaz regarding Radice's betrayal and death, or, like you suggested,
Given the weapons delivery at Dort via Tekkadan and Radice I'm beginning to think Teiwaz got so big that Pop's McMurdo's having a problem infiltrators and traitors in the ranks selling their services for money. Radce probably thought he could get away with it as Teiwaz don't have influence on Earth.

That is why he loves Tekkadan. They are hard working and keep them a bit happy like say let them handle a mine with gems like Mobile Suits and Mobile Armors they are not gong to betray him.

Plus they eliminated his pirate problem eating at his shipping year by year.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-13, 18:08   Link #66
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
Nope, that's definitely not Orga's office (it was shown in detail in episodes 1&2, so I went and checked): the Mars HQ has dark green leather furniture with no napkin-like thing (ehh, I can't remember its proper name) on the backrest and a green patterned floor. My guesses include the following: it might be some GH office (unlikely though), or maybe Teiwaz, since Tekkadan will probably have some settling to do with Teiwaz regarding Radice's betrayal and death, or, like you suggested, it could be the Earth branch' office which means Orga felt the need to come to Earth personally for some reason, in which case I'd like to know the reason.

Edit: rewatched the episode paying close attention to backgrounds, and that's the same room of the Earth branch where Takaki shot Radice, I'm sure. Which means Orga comes to the Earth branch in person in the next episode.
Yeah, I noticed that in rewatching it. So, Orga decided to come himself. I think I can understand why. Being the kind of man he is, he probably needed to observe and figure out what happened himself.

Spoiler for future episode:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestialNocturne View Post
Seeing McGillis in action is always awesome, but I do greatly miss the Grimgerde.
Grimgerde is a valkyrie unit, and its extremely rare. It would quickly identify him as Montag, so you can see why he doesn't use it, especially when officially taking the battlefield.
However I too hope that we see it again. McGillis swings a mean sword.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone45 View Post
Did we watch the same episode ? Hush accepted the fact Mika is just better then him ( shinn would never admit that ) honestly the more episodes we watch the less shinn I see in Hush, his going somewhere pretty good right now.
It was my first impression of the situation, but on second viewing I liked it a whole lot more. Hush is a lot more observant about the limits of his talent, and I truly hope that he does find something he excels at. I mean, not everyone's cut out to be an MS pilot. I mean, look at Eugene. He's good at a mobile worker, but he excels even more so in piloting warships. So, I think Hush just needs to find what's good for him.

Honestly, I think a mobile armor might suit him nicely.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-13, 18:13   Link #67
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Hush mainly broke his teeth on mobile suit battles. From here he can start to improve, so I expect we'll see him in mobile suits a couple more times.
Old 2016-11-13, 18:29   Link #68
NBG

Uhhhh isn't the moon supposed to be severely damaged? It looked complete around the beginning of the episode.

Also anyone know what the whole "snake on the moon" phrase means? It went over my head.
NBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-13, 18:35   Link #69
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

He was probably referring to Rustal. As for the moon, all we know is that the surface is damaged and looks a lot rougher than the real life moon looks like, but we don't know the full extent of the damage, or what caused it.
Old 2016-11-13, 19:38   Link #70
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Yeah, the moon looks like a meatball that got chewed by a kid which then spitted out. The current surface looks really rough and wavy . I assume the moon’s surface that we know of is already gone.

Also, am I the only one who find it funny how that fodder from Galan’s squad gracefully disarmed Hush? I can even imagine the pilot thinking “Are you fucking kidding me? How green can you be, kid?” while preparing to finish Hush off .
Old 2016-11-13, 20:03   Link #71
NBG

ahhh I see
Since we saw the crescent moon when Tekkadan got to earth in S1 I just assumed that was the permanent size
Old 2016-11-13, 20:08   Link #72
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

There are many things I like about this episode.

One notable thing is that how Tekkadan, Takaki in particular, did not take the SEED route by immediately going ballistic towards McGillis after he kills Aston (In self-defense, too).

Rather, he went straight for the person that instigated the whole conflict leading to Aston's death.
Old 2016-11-13, 20:21   Link #73
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post

One notable thing is that how Tekkadan, Takaki in particular, did not take the SEED route by immediately going ballistic towards McGillis after he kills Aston (In self-defense, too).

Rather, he went straight for the person that instigated the whole conflict leading to Aston's death.
Takagi sees death as an unfortunate consequence of the conflict. He see people like Lux throw their lives to save thankless soldiers. He has seen just how harsh the meatgrinder at Edmonton was. Takagi has learned from Orga on why he said he we would crush whomever stood in their path forward. This is it, not the petty slights Ein and Carta suffered before their pitiful ends
Old 2016-11-13, 20:25   Link #74
LG-MAX 2.o

Another execution, great episode in general, I wonder how this betrayal will affect Tekkadan further.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-13, 22:18   Link #75
RobotCat
In a Box

McGillis is taking a huge risk going out and fighting in a subpar mobile suit. Shouldn't he be able to get his own Gundam now that he's the leader of his family?
Old 2016-11-13, 22:35   Link #76
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Because a Gundam Frame totally doesn't stand out at all.
Old 2016-11-13, 22:37   Link #77
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotCat View Post
McGillis is taking a huge risk going out and fighting in a subpar mobile suit. Shouldn't he be able to get his own Gundam now that he's the leader of his family?
I’m wondering about that too. But now that you mentioned it, how come only the Bauduin family that fielded their Gundam so far? Where’s the Gundam from the Fareed, Kujan, and Elion families who are involve in this conflict. Are they really using the Gundams for the absolute final resort? McG certainly could use one in this episode. Are the Gundams not ready to use yet? Do the families just put them on hangars without maintenance? Not enough competent pilots in the families? Is it a matter of pride of old values? But Gaelio had no problems parading his Gundam. In McG's case, I’d say the Fareed's Gundam are probably still unavailable or not in a good condition to fight or Bandai/Sunrise intentionally saving up more Gundam designs for the second-cour of Season 2 or possible Season 3 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Because a Gundam Frame totally doesn't stand out at all.
McG's Graze Ritter already stood out in the battlefield what's with it being the most colorful of the Grazes (thanks, Carta ). Also, at this point, I bet all the SS families (especially those who care) already knew that McG was involved with this nameless war and he was acting on behalf of SAU. So, he really had nothing to hide at that point for being a Fareed that he is. A Fareed's Gundam would only improve his situation.
Old 2016-11-13, 23:04   Link #78
NBG

You know out of all the new characters I'm really liking Zack. He adds almost nothing in terms of fighting power but his scenes always make me crack up. Like in this episode when Takaki tripple taps Radish and Zack says "Did you hear something?" but no one else heard the gunshots. Idk why but damn it I laughed me ass off. I guess he's the needed comedic relief. I like his mannerisms.
Old 2016-11-13, 23:10   Link #79
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
McG's Graze Ritter already stood out in the battlefield what's with it being the most colorful of the Grazes (thanks, Carta ). Also, at this point, I bet all the SS families (especially those who care) already knew that McG was involved with this nameless war and he was acting on behalf of SAU. So, he really had nothing to hide at that point for being a Fareed that he is. A Fareed's Gundam would only improve his situation.
But it can still be written off as just a skilled pilot in a custom unit. We know that Gjallarhorn is not totally devoid of capable pilots--just look at Julietta and Isurugi--and not know any better.

Whereas the Gundam Frame owned and controlled by the Fareed family, which now only McGillis has the authority to deploy, would be a huge scream of "Here I am!"

And, as we saw in this episode, he used this so called "inferior" mobile suit just as well as he did with the Grimgerde. So... why, exactly, would he need to use the Fareed family's Gundam Frame?
Old 2016-11-13, 23:17   Link #80
wissenschaft

WOW, this was an awesome episode. For everyone that hated the slow down in the middle of season 1, season 2 doesn't seem to have that problem. Those were some intense fights with more to come with the foreshadowing this episode.

I agree with everything Irenesharda said. Hush learned just how outclassed he was (I'm interested in seeing where this leads).

AkihiroxLafter scenes are always cute but I'm sure Lafter is just being motherly to him. I really like how enraged Akihiro was and that scene of his gundam walking out of the fire. Pure badass.

Who'd have though that McGillis and Tekkadan would be working so closely together after season 1. I was sure Mcgillis would become the big bad of the show but now I have no idea where this show is going. And thats a good thing, it keeps things exiting to watch.

That look of panic starting to build as McGillis thought he was done for, priceless. Mika's rescue in the nick of time was awesome.

On a side note:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
I guess but its like the US and Puerto Rico right. Can you become President of the US if your Puerto Rican? Britian is not really relevant sense it had a Monarchy no election to the top job.
All Puerto Ricans (I am one) are US citizens from birth so yes, we can be President if we want to run. Puerto Rico itself is a U.S. territory, so you can't vote for federal offices (like congress or president) while in Puerto Rico. However, any Puerto Rican living in a state or in D.C. has the right to vote in federal elections like any other citizen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post

Ah, its so refreshing to see characters using logic. I'm so glad Tekkadan wasn't goaded into fighting with their ally, McGillis. That would be playing right into the hands of Rustel.

Last edited by wissenschaft; 2016-11-13 at 23:29.
wissenschaft is offline   Reply With Quote