Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2016-11-29, 04:15   Link #2881
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Wait people actually thought he died?

I guess it was ambiguous.

Still funny to see Japan and America operating on the same system. Reboots and Launches for all the classics.
People actually read supportive material. Not just an anime. It was stated by both - producer (or was it director?) and Lelouch (in Newtype's novel) that he is dead. (well, Lelouch said he has to die, not that he is dead of course, lol. The point is - whatever happened to him - wasn't part of his plan)
Old 2016-11-29, 08:10   Link #2882
rinichan

its gotta be the time skip.... on ep 25 a lot of skips happen... such as the 1-2 months time when Emperor Lelouch defeated EU before he got stabbed live on television... the inclusion of the cart scene if they really wanted him to stay dead shouldn't be included if I were the director... if the story waa really finish after all ....

Last edited by rinichan; 2016-11-29 at 08:11. Reason: spelling
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-29, 10:06   Link #2883
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Mixed on this really. Was fine with it all just being over. Ah well. I suppose we'll have to see if it's as much as mess as R2 was.

Info on PV was interesting and I'm curious to see for myself. Has there been any descriptions of how characters such as Suzaku and Kallen look after this time skip? They'd be in their twenties now, right?

Not sure if there's a point to much speculation since it seems clear this show isn't coming till second half of 2016 (feels like that gap waiting for R2 all over again), though these films can hopefully give us some hints to the set up perhaps. Sort of annoying we'll have to rely on descriptions from people since they won't be out on home release for some time.

I guess there are a couple things we can guess. Lelouch is likely immortal due to a Code, which he would have either gotten from Charles or C.C. My money is personally on the former as it being C.C. would strike me a bit weird given where her character went, but I guess they can change whatever they want there.

There's a mention of C.C. with someone on a camel. I'd think the someone is Lelouch, but of course impossible to know. Guess as to their purpose is perhaps they are seeking out the other Geass sites for some reason such as shutting them down so they can't cause problems anymore.

I am amused that it seems the world is already going back to the way things were in a sense after that whole speech by Kallen at the end about how the world was getting all better.

But anyway just have to wait for now and wonder if they'll screw it up.

Spoiler for Spoiler:

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-29, 13:46   Link #2884
selfdestruct91

If I recall correctly, that was only just like 2 months Post-Zero Requiem. So to be fair 2 month of things picking up is pretty reasonable to have progressing the way things were. A few years pass by and then things go south.
selfdestruct91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-29, 14:12   Link #2885
zibi88

People should just wait for some more informations becouse right now we have nothing.

The world usually works like this: people fight to gain something...if the war ends there is peave that lasts few years becouse after this bless people grow bored and go into conflicts over new other stuff or becouse of some disagreement.

Here is happening the same thing... first people were at war, but thx to Lelouch plan and sacrafice he ended the fightings and so people got the image of peace. So the peace lasts some years, some characters grow up, other might have their own kids and we might see them grow, but the world starts to once again become unstable becouse someone was bored with this world.

So once the things starts to fell appart Lelouch will show up to fix stuff or to protect people important to him (so his (former)friends and his sister) . He mostly will hide behind a new mask and start to build his new legend in peoples hearts and no one will suspect its him becouse everyone is sure he died years back... his identity might be revealed at the very end of it or some characters might start to have clues who he might be.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-30, 22:50   Link #2886
selfdestruct91

So anyone know if there's any truth to us getting to see the PV on December 21st? Saw someone say this but just wanted to know if anyone else has heard about it.
Old 2016-12-01, 01:55   Link #2887
konart

They will be releasing BD at the end of December, which will have video materials from the recent event. PV will likely be included, but we don't know for sure.
Old 2016-12-01, 09:04   Link #2888
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
They will be releasing BD at the end of December, which will have video materials from the recent event. PV will likely be included, but we don't know for sure.
The BD is in April. What's at the end of December is that the event will available for viewing on an online streaming service (Animate Channel, I think).
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-03, 21:36   Link #2889
iBeast

Told ya boys years ago he was alive.

Cart driver lives.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-03, 22:17   Link #2890
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
Told ya boys years ago he was alive.

Cart driver lives.
Yeah....yeah....we may have been wrong.
Old 2016-12-04, 00:17   Link #2891
The 48th Ronin

R3 should be (rightfully) subtitled as "Lelouch of the Cart-driving".
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-04, 02:21   Link #2892
rl7animate

I'm so excited and unsure about this at the same time. Season 2 ended so perfectly....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
The BD is in April. What's at the end of December is that the event will available for viewing on an online streaming service (Animate Channel, I think).
This is just for a PV? So when is the actual anime airing? Or is it not yet announced?
Old 2016-12-04, 02:53   Link #2893
n0m@n
C-Z

There's nothing regarding the airing date. So its possible that it might even start in 2018.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-05, 20:48   Link #2894
selfdestruct91

Can anyone fill me in on what a blue Geass sigil does? I keep hearing about something Akito related or something but I really can't come up with any good information.
Old 2016-12-06, 03:24   Link #2895
The 48th Ronin

It was never explained clearly. I think it works like the Geass Canceller.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-06, 18:18   Link #2896
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

...The moment I heard the news about this new anime, I had a sudden ominous feeling. In order to confirm it, I turned to the Code Geass R2 light novels which I'd put off reading for a long while. And what did I find when I reached the end? A very insinuating description of the cart driver, highlighting how his face isn't visible under his hat, how he has an unusually slender body for a country villager, and how he smiled ever so slightly at C.C.'s words at the very end... After I thought all these years that the theories of Lelouch's survival were insubstantial...

*slams head repeatedly against desk*

The lesson I learned from this? Never overlook even the obscurest of official material if you want to get your facts straight. Otherwise you'll get blindsided like this...

Seriously, though, really excited for this new anime. Despite my mixed feelings on the matter of Lelouch's return, I love Code Geass and I'm willing to give it a chance before passing judgement, since my love for the original show and the Zero Requiem ending won't change regardless. At the very least, they'll finally delve into the truth of Geass that was hinted at in Akito the Exiled. And so, I will wait with bated breath as my cooled Code Geass fanboyism is reignited once again. God, I missed this energizing feeling of anticipation and pure fun that I've only ever gotten from the Code Geass series.

Last edited by Eternal Dreamer; 2016-12-07 at 17:35.
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-06, 19:57   Link #2897
Kurohane

Welcome back
Old 2016-12-06, 20:43   Link #2898
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

It's good to be back.
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-07, 07:44   Link #2899
Laurcus
The black angel

Man, it's been 8 years. 8 Years people have been telling me that Lelouch was super dead. I don't even know how I should feel right now. Some part of me definitely wants to go back through the old threads and quote every single person that said Lelouch was confirmed dead, or quote myself the many times I said that the powers that be used weasel words every time they talked about Lelouch dying, instead of directly saying that he is currently and forevermore rotting in the ground.

I don't really see much of a point in some extremely long, "I told ya so" post. It's incredible to think that the last time I came here I was a teenager. Man how time flies... I doubt anyone here even remembers me lol.

I guess the reason I've always wanted Lelouch to be alive is something that I wasn't able to articulate when I was younger. The ending of R2 was deeply unsatisfying for me, because it didn't give me the one thing I really wanted out of CG. Not that the ending was bad in its own right, I think it's great for what it is, it's just not what I wanted.

In R2, there are only 3 characters, Lelouch, CC and Suzaku, that have the true facts about what was really going on in the world. Lots of characters thought they understood the events happening around them, but all except those 3 had a perspective that was biased by half truths. There is no scene where this is more evident than the betrayal of the Black Knights.

What I wanted out of R2s ending was twofold. First off, I wanted to see how the characters would react when presented with true facts. Yes, Lelouch became a monster and killed thousands or even millions of people as the Emperor of Britannia, but he saved the lives of billions from Charles and his magic doomsday device. Furthermore, he only became the Emperor of Britannia as a response to the betrayal of the BKs. That does not justify Lelouch's actions, but that does explain them and cast them in a very different light. It would be like if today we learned that Hitler fought off an alien invasion that almost wiped out humanity. It would not make him less evil, but it would drastically alter how we view him.

Secondly, I wanted Lelouch to own up to his actions. I always felt that Lelouch dying on his own terms was more than anything a way for him to run from what he did. It is so easy to die for one's sins and feel justified that your prior actions are forgiven. I think Lelouch is the sort that would rather die than sit down with his friends and apologize for what he's done. I wanted to see Lelouch humbled in that way, to see the mask of the calculating villain crack so that the true self could emerge; and I do think that the true self is Lelouch Lamperouge, school boy, and I think that just below the surface, he was extremely regretful of his actions, but if he ever admitted that to himself he wouldn't have been able to move forward. It's not easy, facing the monster you've become.

Here's hoping that season 3 leaves us all feeling satisfied.
Old 2016-12-07, 17:20   Link #2900
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
Man, it's been 8 years. 8 Years people have been telling me that Lelouch was super dead. I don't even know how I should feel right now. Some part of me definitely wants to go back through the old threads and quote every single person that said Lelouch was confirmed dead, or quote myself the many times I said that the powers that be used weasel words every time they talked about Lelouch dying, instead of directly saying that he is currently and forevermore rotting in the ground.

I don't really see much of a point in some extremely long, "I told ya so" post. It's incredible to think that the last time I came here I was a teenager. Man how time flies... I doubt anyone here even remembers me lol.

I guess the reason I've always wanted Lelouch to be alive is something that I wasn't able to articulate when I was younger. The ending of R2 was deeply unsatisfying for me, because it didn't give me the one thing I really wanted out of CG. Not that the ending was bad in its own right, I think it's great for what it is, it's just not what I wanted.

In R2, there are only 3 characters, Lelouch, CC and Suzaku, that have the true facts about what was really going on in the world. Lots of characters thought they understood the events happening around them, but all except those 3 had a perspective that was biased by half truths. There is no scene where this is more evident than the betrayal of the Black Knights.

What I wanted out of R2s ending was twofold. First off, I wanted to see how the characters would react when presented with true facts. Yes, Lelouch became a monster and killed thousands or even millions of people as the Emperor of Britannia, but he saved the lives of billions from Charles and his magic doomsday device. Furthermore, he only became the Emperor of Britannia as a response to the betrayal of the BKs. That does not justify Lelouch's actions, but that does explain them and cast them in a very different light. It would be like if today we learned that Hitler fought off an alien invasion that almost wiped out humanity. It would not make him less evil, but it would drastically alter how we view him.

Secondly, I wanted Lelouch to own up to his actions. I always felt that Lelouch dying on his own terms was more than anything a way for him to run from what he did. It is so easy to die for one's sins and feel justified that your prior actions are forgiven. I think Lelouch is the sort that would rather die than sit down with his friends and apologize for what he's done. I wanted to see Lelouch humbled in that way, to see the mask of the calculating villain crack so that the true self could emerge; and I do think that the true self is Lelouch Lamperouge, school boy, and I think that just below the surface, he was extremely regretful of his actions, but if he ever admitted that to himself he wouldn't have been able to move forward. It's not easy, facing the monster you've become.

Here's hoping that season 3 leaves us all feeling satisfied.
If it turns out he was the cart-driver, Laurcus, then you have my apologies.
Eight years ago I was pretty vocal about him being dead because of what Okouchi had said in many of the interviews.
I was harsh to you and many others here about it and defended his death to the death.
While we don't know just yet, all indicators seem to suggest that the cart-driver may have in fact been Lelouch.

Tags
drama, mecha