AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-10-08, 09:14   Link #3521
NeutralZero

So no love for horikita in this scenario then?
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-08, 09:45   Link #3522
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
So no love for horikita in this scenario then?
There is Sudou already.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-08, 11:21   Link #3523
Lancelot

I thought Sakura would be a love interest after Volume 2 but that did not happen, so for now I'll stay out of the discussion. Of course it has the question of popularity, but I think in the end Ichinose will end up as a friend.
Lancelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-08, 12:44   Link #3524
Cinnamon

Since I can't post summaries or such anymore I'll just put forth some of my thoughts about v9.

I often see people say it's an Ichinose-centered volume, and they are right. Though it's a bit more mixed than just a simple: Ichinose gets a volume like Kei got with v4 or v7.
Spoiler for v9 random thoughts:

Last edited by Cinnamon; 2018-10-08 at 14:52.
Cinnamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-08, 13:16   Link #3525
LG-MAX 2.o

Thank you Cinnamon, I'm sending you a kiss.

Kiyopon is really a contradictory character, maybe in the end he likes to make schematics, but deny it? or is he just a tsundere?
LG-MAX 2.o is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-08, 13:49   Link #3526
Jord
Banned

For what it seems, Kiyotaka knows he can be a frightening guy but at the same time he's looking for a way to let all that aside and get a normal life. Maybe all what he's doing in the school is to achieve that goal, being a normal guy but the circumstances are pushing him to keep using his abilities in a despicable way, at least he can really see his own problems and trauma reflected on other people's lifes.

Maybe at the end of the day the same people he use for his own benefit are the ones allowing him to grow and face his problems. I expect some serious developments on future volumes showing a more "human" side, we got a glimpse of that with Kei's arc and v9.
Jord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-08, 14:22   Link #3527
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
Thank you Cinnamon, I'm sending you a kiss.

Kiyopon is really a contradictory character, maybe in the end he likes to make schematics, but deny it? or is he just a tsundere?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
Yet he still took the bait and played along. His own justifications for it were things like: To expel Kushida and to know how much she knows, but it feels flat, like it's an excuse he thought up to convince himself Ichinose was worth helping, just like with Kei.

That's maybe why Kiyopon uses his scheming to help people anyway. Sure, he did all those things at the beginning due to Chabashira threatening him, but now that he knows he doesn't need to do it due to Papayanagi, he intended to just stay quiet. But he still stuck up for Kei and Ichinose and the reason? I don't think he himself knows. But there has to be a reason since he said he hates scheming and such, something worth sacrificing his own quiet life he wanted and do the scheming he disliked so much.
Firstly, Thanks Cinnamon. This is the most in-depth and detailed explanation I've seen of vol 9 thus far. Even if it's just your own thoughts, it's still plenty helpful.

As for the parts of your post and LG-MAX 2.o's post that I quoted, it reflects exactly what I was saying the other day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95-
Ofc, we also know that if he does betray her, then it makes all of his character development up to now pointless. He's been shown to be cold, cruel, ruthless and calculating. That's what he was taught in the white room, him attending school is his gateway to a normal life and also the key to him developing normal emotions that every person should have and feel. Hence the few instances where he's helped people or saved someone and later tried to reason with himself why would he even bother doing so in the first place. (My personal fave is when he saved Karuizawa from Ryuuen and Co. and tried to play it off as 'she's extremely useful as a tool' then admitting to himself shortly afterwards that excuse is a secondary concern.)
50%'s on the path to normalcy, but his logical/analytical mind still needs to be convinced or reasoned with as to why he does some of the things he's been doing lately. That's why, even tho he still views people as pawns, he won't just abandon those who he's come to acknowledge or cares about. There were a couple close calls with Karuizawa, but he ultimately didn't leave her out to dry.

However, the moment he abandons someone he genuinely considered a friend or comrade, is the moment all of his character development up to now becomes pointless.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-09, 06:37   Link #3528
iBeast

Are there any official translations available whatsoever?

I appreciate the fan contributing translations... but damn are they difficult to follow. I don't even know who's talking half the time.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-09, 06:59   Link #3529
LG-MAX 2.o

I think it's a matter of practice, I do not have this problem though, but of course, if you're talking about vol 3 it's normal that since it was mistranslated.
Old 2018-10-09, 07:36   Link #3530
Cinnamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
Are there any official translations available whatsoever?

I appreciate the fan contributing translations... but damn are they difficult to follow. I don't even know who's talking half the time.
That's the result when translators just translate the sentences and don't adapt the fact that in Japanese, they way someone uses certain words, a certain grammar structure, a certain sentence ending, a certain use of a particle can reflect who is saying what, in what manner etc.

The sentences below are examples where the ending can tell us more about the speaker. Translating this to English can be a challenge.

Everything below can be translated as simply: "Hey, what do you mean?"

Quote:
おい、どう言うこと? - (Neutral, a bit forceful)

あら、どう言うこと かしら? (Soft, feminine, a bit of self-wonder)

ねえ、どう言うこと かなかな? (Feminine, self-wonder, quite childish)
This can be a bit confusing at times as the translators know perfectly well who is saying what and sometimes forget that the readers can't.

I've done that myself so I know how easy it is to just forget to add "she/he said" to make it clear who said what. Some translators do put the character speaking in parenthesis to make it clear though.
Old 2018-10-10, 00:19   Link #3531
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Speaking of being a contradicting character, I would say Kiyopon is essential being EMIYA. As much as he hates to do what he hate to do, but he had to do it out with necessity to fulfill his own end. Just like EMIYA, who had to scheme all his way to erase his own younger naive self's existence.

Come to think of it...
Spoiler:
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-13, 12:35   Link #3532
Rnzlr

Guys, I've just read a synopsis of Volume 9. The rumor about compensated dating is truth or lie? I can't imaging Ichinose being a slut but it's japanese light novel so you never know xD
Rnzlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-13, 13:02   Link #3533
readher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnzlr View Post
Guys, I've just read a synopsis of Volume 9. The rumor about compensated dating is truth or lie? I can't imaging Ichinose being a slut but it's japanese light novel so you never know xD
Spoiler for Rumor:
readher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-13, 13:28   Link #3534
Rnzlr

Quote:
Originally Posted by readher View Post
Spoiler for Rumor:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Rnzlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-13, 13:29   Link #3535
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnzlr View Post
well, if one day she gets attacked by T-REX, she might turn into a slut, though.
Old 2018-10-13, 23:32   Link #3536
Anemya

Quote:
well, if one day she gets attacked by T-REX, she might turn into a slut, though.
let's just hope that the author didn't do that, cause I think it will ruin the novel, but what do you mean by t-rex?
Anemya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-13, 23:57   Link #3537
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemya View Post
let's just hope that the author didn't do that, cause I think it will ruin the novel, but what do you mean by t-rex?
well, on Volume 8 it was revealed that 50% and Kounji are superhumans on the bottom, and their "tool" was dubbed T-REX.

According to some spoilers, in the vol 9 Hashimoto says that an inexperienced girl would not be able to satisfy 50% since he is very big.
Old 2018-10-14, 01:04   Link #3538
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
well, on Volume 8 it was revealed that 50% and Kounji are superhumans on the bottom, and their "tool" was dubbed T-REX.

According to some spoilers, in the vol 9 Hashimoto says that an inexperienced girl would not be able to satisfy 50% since he is very big.
That gets a chuckle outta me every time. What made it funny is how unexpected it was for something like that to happen and it's even funnier when you think about how deadpan 50% is all the time. XD

Personally, this is the funniest scene for me in the story, with the boys' operation to peep on the girls back in vol 4.5 being second.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-16, 05:27   Link #3539
dark44

his father didnt make any new moves yet can he enroll some frist year from white room to cause expulsion to him ?
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-16, 09:10   Link #3540
Amami

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark44 View Post
his father didnt make any new moves yet can he enroll some frist year from white room to cause expulsion to him ?
I heard that someone called Kiyotaka sayd his full name and then just hanged up, could be connected to his father, the caller had a young voice. Not sure if this is true tho.
Amami is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, harem, mf bunko j, romance, school, thriller