AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

View Poll Results: F/SN UBW TV - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 10 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 37.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 12.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 15.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 5.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-05-09, 00:44   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

F/SN UBW TV - Episode 18 Spoiler Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the spoiler discussion thread for F/SN UBW TV, Episode 18.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • All spoilers are allowed in this thread; spoiler tags are not required
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 11:05   Link #2
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

As expected, Unlimited Blade Works mechanics are different from the VN, just like all the other NPs.
Old 2015-05-09, 11:15   Link #3
bakato

So what happened to Assassin?

And do new command seals appear whenever a contract is made?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 11:18   Link #4
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
So what happened to Assassin?

And do new command seals appear whenever a contract is made?
Rin should have gotten the two unusued ones from Caster. Actually Rin herself technically still had one left from herself, but maybe that is gone due to rule-breaker's side effects. At least in the VN it turns out that she has a total of 2 left at this point.
Old 2015-05-09, 11:22   Link #5
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
As expected, Unlimited Blade Works mechanics are different from the VN, just like all the other NPs.
I haven't seen the episode and waiting for subs, so there are a couple of questions that I would like to ask:

1.) Is the "Sword Rain" skill/techniques a basic and easy technique to use, or is it a higher level technique that requires some training to use?

2.) UBW stores many, different weapons (mostly swords). Does it only contain swords that the user has seen in his life and will show once UBW is activated, or will it show many, different swords as some kind of symbolist (like, will normal swords be shown)?
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 11:28   Link #6
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSamurai365 View Post
I haven't seen the episode and waiting for subs, so there are a couple of questions that I would like to ask:

1.) Is the "Sword Rain" skill/techniques a basic and easy technique to use, or is it a higher level technique that requires some training to use?

2.) UBW stores many, different weapons (mostly swords). Does it only contain swords that the user has seen in his life and will show once UBW is activated, or will it show many, different swords as some kind of symbolist (like, will normal swords be shown)?
1. The "Sword Rain" skill you are referring to is just the creation of swords, charging them with prana, and firing them as projectiles.

2. The swords you see Archer using are all swords he encountered or saw. When you see him use UBW, all the swords are just gonna look the same. This is just a budgeting issue.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 11:39   Link #7
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Actually when I said they changed UBW I was making sense of what looked like Archer projecting swords inside UBW, which would make no sense if we consider how the RM worked in the VN.

Perhaps it's more of an actual "forge" in this version, where you can make copies of the swords on the ground for zero prana costs, with swords on the ground to be the "modells/blueprints" of all swords that the user analysed or something like that.
Old 2015-05-09, 11:52   Link #8
GDB

That's how it worked in Fate/Extra, if I recall.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 12:20   Link #9
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
1. The "Sword Rain" skill you are referring to is just the creation of swords, charging them with prana, and firing them as projectiles.

2. The swords you see Archer using are all swords he encountered or saw. When you see him use UBW, all the swords are just gonna look the same. This is just a budgeting issue.
If number 1 is true, then does Shirou has enough prana to charge many swords to the maximum, and fire them at the moment?
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 12:25   Link #10
GDB

At the moment, no. He was only able to trace 6 copies of the twin blades before he'd run out of juice, and they weren't even properly traced, let alone charged.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 12:25   Link #11
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
If number 1 is true, then does Shirou has enough prana to charge many swords to the maximum, and fire them at the moment?
He doesn't do it in this episode. What he does is projecting the exact copy and than slamming it against the incoming sword destroying both swords in the process. No sword spam. He didn't "absorb" the ability from Archer yet probably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
At the moment, no. He was only able to trace 6 copies of the twin blades before he'd run out of juice, and they weren't even properly traced, let alone charged.
He absorbed some skills from Archer though, as you could see with those flashes Shirou had of UBW before Archer casted the RM. That probably raised Shirou's projection efficiency by a lot. Causing him to be more or less a match for a while against Archer later on, before answer.
Old 2015-05-09, 12:28   Link #12
Lorhand

Quote:
Shirou doesn't use his circuits correctly, due to Kiritsugu not teaching him correctly, so he can't shoot many swords without more training or external help.
Lorhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 12:30   Link #13
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorhand View Post
Shirou doesn't use his circuits correctly, due to Kiritsugu not teaching him correctly, so he can't shoot many swords without more training or external help.
That is only an issue now, later on he learns how to use them efficiently, but his circuits are still not developed enough, so even once he gains the knowledge, he is unable to properly put it into action.
Old 2015-05-09, 13:00   Link #14
Ultragunner

I feel that there might have been quite a lot of scenes being cut in this episode, quite a number of times a scene just change so abruptly
Old 2015-05-09, 13:10   Link #15
Lorhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
That is only an issue now, later on he learns how to use them efficiently, but his circuits are still not developed enough, so even once he gains the knowledge, he is unable to properly put it into action.
My answer is still correct, because I was referring to the "now". I wouldn't otherwise mention that he could do it with more training or help.
Lorhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 13:15   Link #16
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

IIRC the main issue about his magic circuit at this point is that he's only got access to one circuit. He's got more, but right now the only one he can use is the first, and it'll remain that way for the duration of the story. It's part of the reason why he needs a contract with Rin to use Unlimited Blade Works.
Old 2015-05-09, 13:18   Link #17
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Felt like a lot of scenes were cut...

And what was up with the final Gilgamesh moment, after the credits?
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 13:27   Link #18
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
IIRC the main issue about his magic circuit at this point is that he's only got access to one circuit. He's got more, but right now the only one he can use is the first, and it'll remain that way for the duration of the story. It's part of the reason why he needs a contract with Rin to use Unlimited Blade Works.
No, he actually uses the whole circuit in the end. The contract with Rin was just for the necessary prana.
Old 2015-05-09, 13:33   Link #19
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Spoiler for Big image:

This is a mistranslation, right? I didn't hear anything indicating a female in the JPN line. Did the translator assume his master was a female? I mean, there's no way that's possible since it's Kirei but maybe there's some flashback with Bazzet? This translator should have access to further episodes right?
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 13:38   Link #20
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
From my experience, many official translators don't even know what they are translating (and it is possible that the company gives different episodes/chapters to different translators to speed up the process).