2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 3.33%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-12-04, 02:01   Link #1
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 35 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans, Episode 35.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-04, 03:34   Link #2
Irenesharda

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!!!!!!

I'm so, so excited!

We get some interesting scenes of talking between Mika, Orga, McGillis, and the beginning of everything beginning to go south.

We discover Mobile Suits were created to take down Mobile Armors. MAs are run by AI while MS are piloted by a human. It looks like the Calamity War was actually man vs. machine.
It seems the two introduced were Hashmal and the little small purple one is Pluma (both of them have angelic names with "pluma" being latin for feather). It seems MAs are actually completely unmanned and they seem to resonate with Mika. His eye actually is able to see again when it activates. I wonder what this means?

It seems that everyone finds out that Tekkadan has these MAs and Iok comes to Tekkadan but Hashmal activates and sics him.

And Hashmal is one magnificent beast once it activates! IT HAS BEAM WEAPONS!!!!!!!!! What has Tekkadan uncovered?!!!!!

Also, it looks like Pluma is nothing to sneeze at either, as it totals the Seisai dock station. It looks like it can multiply?

I can't wait to see this thing in action!

*breathes* I'm going to have to breath and let all this soak in and give a better analysis later.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2016-12-04 at 03:57.
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-04, 04:52   Link #3
tdx

Well, crap, this is certainly exciting. We've talked about the possibility of superweapons, and MAs themselves turn out to be those superweapons, huh.

Bastard Donomikols declares to his clique that Tekkadan is not the only one with a connection to the 7 stars and proves it by leaking info on McGillis' secret trip to Mars and photos of Plum to Kujan, which of course gets handed to Rustal and GaliVidar deduces that a MA may be on Mars, but he misunderstands (or maybe just lies to Rustal?) that McGilis' aim is to get a 7 star medal, which only was awarded to heroes who took down MAs during the Calamity war. Long ago, the power ranks among the 7 stars were determined through these medals, and if Macky gets one now, the ranks will likely be revised for the first time in 300 years. Of course, Macky doesn't care about some medals, lol. Iok accuses the Fareeds of concealing the MA and ignores Macky's warning not to get close to the MA, thus activating it... that poor fool is so dead come next episode, ain't he...

Mika's right eye reacting to the MA's activation is probably the most interesting detail of the episode for me.
Spoiler for spoilers about the MA:

As it turns out Mika has Kudelia handle his financial matters, he doesn't even know what to spend his money on. It saddens Kudelia and Cucubita, as they talk about how ignorant Tekkadan's kids are, how much they need to learn, but they have no chance, not when they're about to fight a war for the figurative crown of Mars.

Out of lighter stuff, Chad's moment of disbelief when looking at Yukinojou and Merribit was hilarious And Eugene, followed by Chad, refusing Shino's offer to go play with hookers because he understood that true love can't be bought with money made me smile, too (even in season 1 he did seem to be the type to rather prefer a stable girlfriend to many one night stands, so kudos to him for finally realizing it) And ZackXD oh boy, who knew he was such a player, he even made Shino address himself with keigo as a price for keeping a secret about Shino's embarrassing escapades

Oh, Macky was being decidedly creepy as he was staring with a smile at Mika seated opposite of him during the car ride to the mine. Mika's harem continues to grow at a breakneck speed lol
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-04, 05:11   Link #4
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
GaliVidar deduces that a MA may be on Mars, but he misunderstands (or maybe just lies to Rustal?) that McGilis' aim is to get a 7 star medal, which only was awarded to heroes who took down MAs during the Calamity war. Long ago, the power ranks among the 7 stars were determined through these medals, and if Macky gets one now, the ranks will likely be revised for the first time in 300 years. Of course, Macky doesn't care about some medals, lol. Iok accuses the Fareeds of concealing the MA and ignores Macky's warning not to get close to the MA, thus activating it... that poor fool is so dead come next episode, ain't he...
I wasn't able to catch a lot of that talk with Rustal, Vidar, Iok, and Julietta. Vidar really suggested that Macky was after some medal?

He has to be lying. I don't care what you may think of his deeds. Anyone who has known McGillis for even a short while would know that he doesn't give a crap about some kind of medal. Prestige for him is only a tool to be used. What the heck would he want with a medal?
Sure he could change ranking in the families, but he's been doing that fine as is. I doubt he's the kind of guy sitting around twiddling his thumbs hoping a MA gets dug up so that he can battle it, so that he can get a medal that MIGHT change his status? Yeah, that's so not McG's style and ViGali knows that.

Iok doesn't know the ancient evil he's dealing with, and the funny thing is, he brought the whole thing on himself.

You know what might be funny is that the 7 Stars all try to fight these new MA in order to change status only to underestimate and fall to them. McGillis gets control of Gjallarhorn without even having to lift a finger.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2016-12-04, 05:25   Link #5
tdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I wasn't able to catch a lot of that talk with Rustal, Vidar, Iok, and Julietta. Vidar really suggested that Macky was after some medal?

He has to be lying. I don't care what you may think of his deeds. Anyone who has known McGillis for even a short while would know that he doesn't give a crap about some kind of medal. Prestige for him is only a tool to be used. What the heck would he want with a medal?
Sure he could change ranking in the families, but he's been doing that fine as is. I doubt he's the kind of guy sitting around twiddling his thumbs hoping a MA gets dug up so that he can battle it, so that he can get a medal that MIGHT change his status? Yeah, that's so not McG's style and ViGali knows that.
Yup, he did (七星勲章 'shichisei kunshou', and Julieta pronounces it very distinctly when she repeats what GaliVidar said) So it's either he's throwing sand into Rustal's eyes to mislead him for some reason, or... if he doesn't lie, then I guess GaliGali be GaliGali, still putting his peculiar brand of honor above most things and thinking Macky is the same (in which case I can only shout learn, Gaelio, learn already!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Iok doesn't know the ancient evil he's dealing with, and the funny thing is, he brought the whole thing on himself.

You know what might be funny is that the 7 Stars all try to fight these new MA in order to change status only to underestimate and fall to them. McGillis gets control of Gjallarhorn without even having to lift a finger.
Julieta even calls Iok out on it, saying how he can not know what a Mobile Armor and its unmanned unit Pluma is when it's common knowledge in for a soldier of GH lol

If Iok is any indication, the funny thing with the current 7 stars is such a race just might happen given how shortsighted and downright dumb most of them are
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-04, 05:46   Link #6
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
Yup, he did (七星勲章 'shichisei kunshou', and Julieta pronounces it very distinctly when she repeats what GaliVidar said) So it's either he's throwing sand into Rustal's eyes to mislead him for some reason, or... if he doesn't lie, then I guess GaliGali be GaliGali, still putting his peculiar brand of honor above most things and thinking Macky is the same (in which case I can only shout learn, Gaelio, learn already!)

Julieta even calls Iok out on it, saying how he can not know what a Mobile Armor and its unmanned unit Pluma is when it's common knowledge in for a soldier of GH lol

If Iok is any indication, the funny thing with the current 7 stars is such a race just might happen given how shortsighted and downright dumb most of them are
Ah, I'll have to remember that term. My Japanese is pretty much baby level right now, though I have a good memory so as I pick up on key terms I tend to remember them the next time. I think I do remember those first two characters. Nana and hoshi right? Seven Star. Yay, I'm getting this!

Poor Iok, he is so dead. Fell to his own lack of knowledge and scruples.

As for Gali, now I'm wondering if he's playing Rustal in someway? I just feel as if he did this on purpose for some reason.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2016-12-04, 06:03   Link #7
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

That Mobile Armor.... Such a lust for revenge!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?!?!?!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-04, 06:04   Link #8
Aetherdraw

oh god! OH GOD! OH MY GOD!!! Such an interesting backstory on the Calamity wars! So it was basically a gigantic Monster Hunter-esque battle! I would love to see flashbacks on the 72 Gundam Frames hunting down those gigantic MAs. That's right, we Monster Hunter now!!!!
Aetherdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-04, 06:08   Link #9
Chibiloli

Was the mobile armor thing a reference to the Pulverizers of AC?
Old 2016-12-04, 06:17   Link #10
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

OMG, the theory that Flauros was fighting Hashmal and then perished & buried together looks spot on! It seems somebody let Sid loose during the Calamity War and then he freakin' reproduced! Now, one of his children awoke. His name is Hasmal and he's going to wreck shit up! Oh, and beam weapons banzaiii!!!

So, the Gundams were mostly fighting those crazy TerMAnators during the Calamity War? Are we going to see a Skynet later on in the story? I wonder how they won the war against those gigantic mosnters with powerful beam weapons. They must've had powerful weapons too back then. Something a lot more powerful than everything we've seen in the show so far. Guys, I told you, beam weaponry is one of the key components why the Calamity War were that destructive.

And yes you were right, McG. MAs are one of the archnemeses of the Gundams. Amuro sure hated those damn zeon MAs for one .
Old 2016-12-04, 06:19   Link #11
dragon1412

now this got me prettty interested :
Why did Mika's eyes which only work when linked with Barbatos, is reacted to Hashmal activation ???

I'm thinking that Alaya-Vijnana is related to the MAs technology somehow, possibly that Alaya-Vijnana might be used to control MAs, but for some reason it didn't goes as planned
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-04, 06:26   Link #12
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

Beam weapons confirmed
Old 2016-12-04, 07:01   Link #13
FerrusManus

AI vs Human.... Battlestar Galactica anyone? The Pluma reminds me of a Cylon Raider. Maybe the Ahab Reactor technology did the same to the old powers what the advanced hacking technology did to the Colonials and made all old weapons utterly useless so that they had to built a weapon with the same technology as the Mobile Armors. Nano Laminate Armor, Ahab Reactors and the AV system.
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-04, 07:04   Link #14
darkone45

Wait wait wait did that metal gear just fire a beam ?!!!!!
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-04, 07:09   Link #15
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone45 View Post
Wait wait wait did that metal gear just fire a beam ?!!!!!

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-04, 07:18   Link #16
Zantetsuken

METAL GEAR RAY!

My god, why did I only noticed it now, the MA was a dead ringer for Ray.

We already have cyborgs, "NANOMACHINES, SON", child soldiers, cryptic organization that controls the world, a man trying to topple said organization, a hero that lost use one of his eye and arm, and now this. Turns out we've been watching Metal Gear Gundam all along.
Old 2016-12-04, 07:22   Link #17
devilo96

now my question...who is the guy who made the MA.....
its so fucking weird if no one make that monster
and i think MA is the one who make the hole in africa(not sure) map using its satelite canon LOL
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-04, 07:32   Link #18
Azurial

they Broked the "No Beam Weaponry" Code... now im disappointed
Azurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-04, 07:33   Link #19
Irenesharda

I like that Rustal gets to be the second person other than McGillis to mention Agnika and him leading the Seven Stars progenitors. Iok is such an idiot that it hurts. He doesn't even know basic Gjallarhorn knowledge that an average soldier knows. What was he doing all his life?!
His suit looks messed up next episode. Why did Rustal let him go alone knowing he was facing a mobile armor? Especially considering that its obvious he knows nothing about it?!

All I can think of is that quote from Terminator when I see these MAs.: "It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop... ever, until you are dead!"

These things are scary and it's an interesting turn in that they are named after angels while the heroes named all the Gundams after demons.

So these things destroyed humanity and civilization, but why? Who created them? Is there a Gundam Skynet in this universe?

Seeing the guys so happy about being paid and yet many of them not knowing what to do with it was sad. Especially with Mika, who was wondering what he would do if all war were to cease.
Of course the world will never be without conflict (sorry Kudelia!) and even if it were to lean that way it would take generations. So Mika shouldn't worry. But I also think this is a good reason for why they should take over Gjallarhorn's duties on Mars and be its protectors. It would give a place and job for those who basically grew up in fighting and know nothing else, while also giving opportunities for them to do other things as well. And while they would be risking their lives at times, it would be nothing like it is now.

I'm sorry but Vidar has to be lying here. He knows McGillis better than this. He knows Macky cares squat about medals or titles. He wants power sure, but only as a means to an end. He's never been interested in all the bells and whistles. Rustal should know this too. Iok's too much of an idiot to realize this and Julietta doesn't know McG that well. I wonder if Vidar said this to get Iok to go knowing the guy would bite it? Hmm, it is food for thought.

It looks like Hush can't pilot Hashmal either and Flauros is definitely out with that look, so I guess he'll be having to stick to the Shiden for now.

So what does this reactivation and reemergence of the MAs (Thanks Iok! ) mean for our story because I have the feeling that it's going to change everything.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2016-12-04, 07:38   Link #20
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Will the fight with the mobile armors last for the rest of year?