AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 63 45.32%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 45 32.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 12.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 7.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-27, 17:31   Link #161
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikaNipah View Post
It's still confusing though. In that group of 18 people there was Kumasawa and she was a witch. Um?..

it's more like kumasawa was a vessel for a witch if that makes more sense... like human beatrice was a vessel for the real beatrice, if you get what I mean... it should be explained better on episode 14 though

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
Old 2009-09-27, 17:50   Link #162
Iromaru

Ok so let's assume there really are just 18 persons on the island. That would mean Beatrice we saw in 2nd arc was one of those 18 in disquise. Now who and why would "cosplay" Beatrice?

After thinking about this for a moment my theory is:
Kinzo wanted to see Beatriche again so much he started looking for a girl resembling her. We were told he supported some kind of orphanage, maybe he did that to find a girl to play his Beatriche? Shanon might have played this role most recentely as she is rather young. She even have the same eye colour as Beatrice. If Shannon played Beatrice before that would explain why Maria met Beatrice on Rokkenjima in previous years.

The thing is I don't think that Beatrice who talked with Maria and was seen by Kyrie in ep.7 is Shannon. That Beatrice was likely one of the killers and I don't think Shannon is one of them since it's almost certain she was one of the first victims in 1st arc. I think this Beatrice was... Kanon. He looks very feminine and have blue eyes just like Shannon. He might have used clothes, make-up and wig that Shannon was using to look like Beatrice for Kinzo. He talked with Maria when she was alone before Rosa found her. He was the only one who didn't die right away after being staked in 1st arc and we never saw his death and then in 2nd arc his body was never found. If Nanjo is also one of the culprits he could have faked Kannon's death but was later betrayed and killed. That's why it seems to me Kanon is very likely to be one of the killers, maybe even the main culprit.

I know this theory is a bit crazy, but maybe there is some truth in it.
Old 2009-09-27, 18:42   Link #163
Akuryou
*cackle* *cackle*

Send a message via MSN to Akuryou
My personal theory is that Kyrie was lying about seeing her for some reason.
Old 2009-09-27, 19:34   Link #164
Arbane the Terrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuryou View Post
My personal theory is that Kyrie was lying about seeing her for some reason.
One wild theory I've heard on that account was that "Beatrice" (whoever she was) and Kyrie were co-conspirators in some sort of plan to shake down Krauss, when Plan A (the spiblings' effort in Episode 1) failed. Unfortunately, that led to someone panicking, and then the murders started...
Old 2009-09-27, 20:02   Link #165
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iromaru View Post
I know this theory is a bit crazy, but maybe there is some truth in it.
Believe me, stuff gets so crazy that your theory is very conservative. the shannon = human-beatrice theory gets suported by teh fact that there was no human beatrice when shannon died in the first twilight, so now that we know that shanno dies if there is not a huma-beatrice on this arc your theory gains more points.
Old 2009-09-27, 22:55   Link #166
Anigel
I edit things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanic View Post
Spoiler for Review and random pic I made for the lulz:
Bwahaha - I'd planned on skimming the whole thread, but this pic made me laugh so hard I had to stop and comment. (And anyone who also finds it funny should check out the Harassment of Kyon AMV if they haven't already.)
Old 2009-09-28, 03:01   Link #167
niceguy60

Can someone tell me where I can read the visual novel at and why was the human beatrice in a hidden mansion.
Old 2009-09-28, 05:00   Link #168
Arbane the Terrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by niceguy60 View Post
Can someone tell me where I can read the visual novel at and why was the human beatrice in a hidden mansion.
You'll have to buy the novel, and (if you don't speak Japanese) apply the Witch-Hunt's English patch.

As for why Beatrice was in the hidden mansion, right now your guess is as good as anyone's. (Unless the later sound-novels have explained more.)
Old 2009-09-28, 05:12   Link #169
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Ep1 of the VN is downloadable for free. Everything else you have to buy.
Old 2009-09-28, 05:52   Link #170
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbane the Terrible View Post
You'll have to buy the novel, and (if you don't speak Japanese) apply the Witch-Hunt's English patch.

As for why Beatrice was in the hidden mansion, right now your guess is as good as anyone's. (Unless the later sound-novels have explained more.)
Didn't the episode say that Kinzo was keeping her there like a cage?
Old 2009-09-28, 07:00   Link #171
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Yes Beatrice is "imprisoned" in a golden cell. From her discussion with Rosa you can tell Kinzo never allowed anyone to meet Beatrice and he never left her go outside the Kuwadorian and its garden.

Spoiler for a little line omitted in the anime but present in the novel:

Old 2009-09-28, 09:38   Link #172
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

I think she knows Rosa is Kinzou's relative is thanks to the "Ushiromiya" name.
If Kinzou told her about his family, she should have known that Rosa is his daughter.
Old 2009-09-28, 11:34   Link #173
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Awesome epi, this time not rushed but perfect, gohda's scene was really poor but wasn't so important
Loved Lucifer's seiyuu among the others and Ronove is always awesome to see so i really wait the next epi for more story and chara
Old 2009-09-28, 11:55   Link #174
maximilianjenus
[E]

The stakes are far more interesting in here than they ever were in the novel, now they really give me the impression of a playful gang, which is somethign the novel failed to deliver, even fi it tried very hard to do so.
Old 2009-09-28, 12:07   Link #175
MarthX

Nonsense the visual novel is perfect in every way. The anime couldn't possibly improve any aspect of it. Including the art. </sarcasm>
Old 2009-09-28, 14:04   Link #176
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I actually like the Stakes better in the visual novel. (Yeah I know I know... shut up Momo)
They don't seem quite as playful and cute in the anime to me.

Though I'll admit, there are some things that I liked better in the anime and other medium. Like most of the character designs... and the fact that they have voices... and the special effects. owo

Old 2009-09-28, 14:16   Link #177
Avisch
Reality Blender

The Stakes are better in the visual novel because they are given more focus in the visual novel, you get to see all their character traits, they all each get atleast one line per appearance.

On the Lucifer fanservice. I thought it was damn funny. In the VN Kanon holds her by the neck, but they simply reinvented the whole humiliation thing.

Good way to end the episode with Kumasawa as the ex-Beatrice.

One crazy B****
Old 2009-09-28, 14:40   Link #178
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avisch View Post
The Stakes are better in the visual novel because they are given more focus in the visual novel, you get to see all their character traits, they all each get atleast one line per appearance.
That's not the only reason why I like them better there. In the visual novel, their character traits are more left for the reader to interpret. So when the final product of the anime came, my image of Leviathan was ruined, but my image of Beelzebub was improved. I guess it also depends on the reader and how they imagine things when reading the original source and their expectations on how things will be done in the anime.

But all of that was needless to say of course. =P

Just don't make fun of people who have the "nerve" to critique the anime a bit or offer negative opinions on things, really... it's just mean. It's like I'm saying this for the 100th time... but complaining about complainers is just as annoying and blah blah blah... ._.;

To some, the original visual novel was perfect.

Old 2009-09-28, 16:43   Link #179
RikaNipah
*Artist

Yknow what I wanna see.
A battle of the buttlers.
Ronove and Genji Battle = Awesomeness.

Old 2009-09-28, 17:43   Link #180
urusai

Ronove only needs to snap his fingers...
Closed Thread