AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-28, 21:44   Link #4641
animefan36
Another Anime Lover

What im at least hoping is that Kamito or Claire would tell the rest of the group who Ren Ashbell really is.
animefan36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 21:56   Link #4642
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
I think by the end of vol 10 everyone KNOW who Ren Ashbell is.
how are they going to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by animefan36 View Post
What im at least hoping is that Kamito or Claire would tell the rest of the group who Ren Ashbell really is.
if it happens Kamito will have to be the one to do it.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 23:48   Link #4643
alviam099

It would be actually hard not to hide that he's Ren Ashbell to the others, because if he's gonna hide it, that means that he won't use the Vorpal Sword when he's on the proximity of the others which I think he won't do, and the girls practically stalks him.

alviam099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 23:49   Link #4644
Voceane

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
I thought that too, but this quote disagrees.
Quote:
Not a spirit. This was an elementalist's presence, emanating intense divine power.

"I knew it, the wounds you sustained during my defeat at Kazehaya Kamito's hands still have not recovered, darkness spirit."

"..."

Appearing forth -- a young blonde female knight wielding a glorious sacred sword.

The «Paladin» -- Luminaris Saint Leisched.
I think this is an translating error, if someone can look if it's not something like
"I knew it, the wounds you sustained during YOUR defeat at Kazehaya Kamito's hands still have not recovered, darkness spirit."
I think Luminaris means the attack of the stronghold by Nepenthes Lore because it's otherwise strange, she says after that that she want a revenge match with Rubia.

Last edited by Voceane; 2013-06-29 at 00:31.
Voceane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 23:57   Link #4645
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
I thought that too, but this quote disagrees.
Quote:
Not a spirit. This was an elementalist's presence, emanating intense divine power.

"I knew it, the wounds you sustained during my defeat at Kazehaya Kamito's hands still have not recovered, darkness spirit."

"..."

Appearing forth -- a young blonde female knight wielding a glorious sacred sword.

The «Paladin» -- Luminaris Saint Leisched.
......Dafuq? How the hell did she know that? And why didn't she go after Kamito as well?
Old 2013-06-29, 00:51   Link #4646
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Wasn't the battle televised by magic so everyone could see want happen during The Blade Dance fest?

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 00:53   Link #4647
Fenrisulfr
私たち”友達”だから

I'm sure the author knows his readers are waiting for that 'reveal' moment, its what makes me read this and mahouka among other reasons. I just hope he doesn't drag it out too long. Also I doubt that paladin girl knows it's kamito since she thought rubia was ren during the fight with Claire.
Fenrisulfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 01:41   Link #4648
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

I was browsing throuh BT and notice vol 2 and the word draft beside the chapters.

Are they re translating the whole vol2?

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
Old 2013-06-29, 01:54   Link #4649
Fenrisulfr
私たち”友達”だから

Hmm it seems there' s an explanation for it if you click on the draft for prologue. Man the wait for vol11 is brutal...
Fenrisulfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 04:32   Link #4650
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voceane View Post
I think this is an translating error, if someone can look if it's not something like
"I knew it, the wounds you sustained during YOUR defeat at Kazehaya Kamito's hands still have not recovered, darkness spirit."
I think Luminaris means the attack of the stronghold by Nepenthes Lore because it's otherwise strange, she says after that that she want a revenge match with Rubia.

interestingly enough I checked the same place and it has it as the defeat at kazehaya kamito's hands. So maybe we were mistaken.

It still wouldn't surprise me if she knew the truth after all she knows that Restia is the vorpal sword if she knows about that then she can probably sense a similar energy from kamito plus I suspect she can easily tell that Rubia is not the Ren Ashbell she fought before. Plus she said something else to Claire.
Quote:
"I intended to complete this mission as quickly as possible, to settle things conclusively with the matter of Ren Ashbell from three years ago. After all, I am not in peak condition either. Therefore if you hand that thing over obediently, I will pretend I never saw you."
This proves she knows the two Ren Ashbells are different

Quote:
Wasn't the battle televised by magic so everyone could see want happen during The Blade Dance fest?
it may have been but I suspect Rubia destroyed them with her flames so her true identity wouldn't be revealed to the world.
Old 2013-06-29, 04:39   Link #4651
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Thank for the info.

I know what you mean brutal, I want to know how the author is going to include Restia to the story.
I hope Kamito wake up one morning to find both Est and Restia naked on each side.

Old 2013-06-29, 04:41   Link #4652
KuroiHikari

Someone has remedied that already. Just check the history.
I'm just going to tweak it a bit.
KuroiHikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 04:54   Link #4653
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuroiHikari View Post
Someone has remedied that already. Just check the history.
I'm just going to tweak it a bit.
hm okay that proves she's talking about nepenthes lore.

Hm now to the most interesting question as of the end of this Volume how many people know that Kamito is the true Ren Ashbell I can think of 5 possibly 6..

1. Greyworth
2. Clare
3. Rubia
4. Fianna
5. Velsaria
6. Luminaris (I suspect she knows but its not confirmed)
Old 2013-06-29, 06:21   Link #4654
alviam099

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
It still wouldn't surprise me if she knew the truth after all she knows that Restia is the vorpal sword if she knows about that then she can probably sense a similar energy from kamito plus I suspect she can easily tell that Rubia is not the Ren Ashbell she fought before. Plus she said something else to Claire. This proves she knows the two Ren Ashbells are different
I don't think Luminaris has actually met Kamito male-wise, and your quote, she was probably referring to the time of her defeat, you're reading too much into it.

alviam099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 07:49   Link #4655
ImperialFlameGod8190

Maybe except if she knew about kamito's battle with nepenthes lore then it means she could feel kamito's divine energy and she would recognize her toughest foes divine energy if she's as good as she claims.
Old 2013-06-29, 14:33   Link #4656
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
This has been mentioned twice. There are light spirits that monitor the battle between contestants, but they're not omnipresent. Remember when Rubia took off her mask? She put it on when the light spirits were getting closer to hide her identity. The current battle between Rubia and Kamito is taking held in a cathedral in the center of a maze. The light spirits won't be able to find them.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 23:57   Link #4657
Voceane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
It still wouldn't surprise me if she knew the truth after all she knows that Restia is the vorpal sword if she knows about that then she can probably sense a similar energy from kamito plus I suspect she can easily tell that Rubia is not the Ren Ashbell she fought before. Plus she said something else to Claire.
Quote:
"I intended to complete this mission as quickly as possible, to settle things conclusively with the matter of Ren Ashbell from three years ago. After all, I am not in peak condition either. Therefore if you hand that thing over obediently, I will pretend I never saw you."
This proves she knows the two Ren Ashbells are different
I don't understand this like that. For me, Luminaris want to end her mission to be able to fight Rubia seriously. When she says that, she's wounded after Restia's attack (BTW I think we don't see her in the 11 because she's cooked by Scarlet) and she will need time to heal.
3 year ago, Ren Ashbell fought with Restia and I'm sure that Luminaris thinks it was a lucky trust who buy the victory, but now Restia is alone and Ren Ashbell fight without her. Thus she want a new fight with what she thinks is the same Ren Ashbell.
You say that she knows because she read the energy. But even if she see the fight, she's away. And Restia is here. How can she read the difference between Restia and Kamito? 3 year ago she reads energy who is the combination of Restia and Kamito and during the fight with Nepenthes Lore she read the same mix energy. Does she have a reading so precise to feel the differents between them from far away?
Voceane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 02:02   Link #4658
shadow1296

any one think that luminaris is inside the cathedral because she was secretly following kamito and the rest of the group so she can get another crack at killing restia
Old 2013-06-30, 02:28   Link #4659
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
any one think that luminaris is inside the cathedral because she was secretly following kamito and the rest of the group so she can get another crack at killing restia
She can try, but the chances of her succeeding are nil. Especially now that Restia is back in Kamito's possession.
Old 2013-06-30, 07:54   Link #4660
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Is the fest over? Kamito and his harem won right?
If luminaris did know Kamito secret, she probably still quite for the time being, then battle a one on one at a later date.

What do you think everyone would wish for?

Tags
action, comedy, cross-dressing, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural, trap