AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-17, 16:39   Link #1321
niffum

@Alea Misa - Thank you ^^ I'm sorry that I kind of misunderstood your last-post-but-one as yes, Orihime definitely has trouble finding where she fits and who she is. As this has so far been one of this arc's main issues, I'm not too worried about it being a permanent problem.
Old 2007-05-17, 16:48   Link #1322
dim sum

Eh, I don't really see Orihime as graceful. Words that come to mind do include gentle, kind, endearing, cute, and you can't really get away from it, buxom. (OffT: would Orihime be Orihime without her breasts? OnT: would IchiOri be IchiOri without her breasts?)

It is certainly interesting to note the similarities and differences in the eastern and western fanbases. Is the Hitsugaya fandom as big in western cultures?

Anyhow, other than the common "she really loves him so much and deserves him," it always puzzles me when some IchiOri fans state that Ichigo is kinder and gentler with Orihime. The inference being that he is more so with her than anyone else or specifically with Rukia. For goodness' sake, the boy isn't a total punk. How else is he supposed to treat her? Everyone treats her kindly and gently. (Except the Arrancar.) Ichigo is fully capable of being kind and gentle: see little ghost girl, his sisters, Nell, etc.

Give me the zest of Ichigo and Rukia any day.
Old 2007-05-17, 17:06   Link #1323
Adam E
Riskbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendra-chan View Post
Rukia is graceful, beautiful and gentle. But those sides of her are not overtly dominant, and not everyone sees her as such. Miyako was known for such qualities which Orihime is as well. It's their dominant characteristics.
I think you should consider that the only knowledge we have about Miyako comes from Rukia's perspective, whom admits to idolizing her and whose view of Miyako probably isn't very accurate. "Admiration is the opposite of understanding," according to Aizen. I don't think considering what we really know about Rukia's persona should be considered here, since we don't really know everything about Miyako. We know that Rukia's grace, beauty, and gentleness are only part of her dynamic character; however, that pretty much sums up Orihime's analysis of Rukia.

"Kuchiki-san is so gentle...so strong...so pretty..." according to Orihime in Chapter 199; it sounds very much like Rukia's assessment of Miyako. Now, Orihime looks much more like Rukia did back in her Kaien flashback instead of Miyako. The only major difference is Orihime is definitely jealous of Rukia's relationship with Ichigo while Rukia seemed to simply accept Kaien's bond with Miyako. Nonetheless, I believe Orhime is intended to parallel Rukia's role in the Rukia-Kaien-Miyako relationship while Ichigo and Rukia represent Kaien and Miyako, respectively.

Furthermore, I think this supports Rukia x Ichigo while diminishing the possibility of Ichigo x Orihime happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dim sum View Post
Eh, I don't really see Orihime as graceful. Words that come to mind do include gentle, kind, endearing, cute, and you can't really get away from it, buxom. (OffT: would Orihime be Orihime without her breasts? OnT: would IchiOri be IchiOri without her breasts?)
I don't think Orihime has ever been portrayed as graceful, or elegant. In fact, I'd say she's the opposite of that: a klutz.

Quote:
It is certainly interesting to note the similarities and differences in the eastern and western fanbases. Is the Hitsugaya fandom as big in western cultures?
I hope Hitsugaya is not as popular in Western cultures since I don't believe he deserves the popularity he enjoys in Japan.

Quote:
Anyhow, other than the common "she really loves him so much and deserves him," it always puzzles me when some IchiOri fans state that Ichigo is kinder and gentler with Orihime. The inference being that he is more so with her than anyone else or specifically with Rukia. For goodness' sake, the boy isn't a total punk. How else is he supposed to treat her? Everyone treats her kindly and gently. (Except the Arrancar.) Ichigo is fully capable of being kind and gentle: see little ghost girl, his sisters, Nell, etc.
Well, when people argue that Ichigo likes Orihime because he's nicer to her, I don't think they're considering that Ichigo reciprocates others' sentiments towards him. In other words, if someone acts rude to him, he does the same to them; so, when someone is always polite towards him, he's courteous in return.
Old 2007-05-17, 19:36   Link #1324
SaraPandora27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam E View Post
I think you should consider that the only knowledge we have about Miyako comes from Rukia's perspective, whom admits to idolizing her and whose view of Miyako probably isn't very accurate. "Admiration is the opposite of understanding," according to Aizen. I don't think considering what we really know about Rukia's persona should be considered here, since we don't really know everything about Miyako. We know that Rukia's grace, beauty, and gentleness are only part of her dynamic character; however, that pretty much sums up Orihime's analysis of Rukia.

"Kuchiki-san is so gentle...so strong...so pretty..." according to Orihime in Chapter 199; it sounds very much like Rukia's assessment of Miyako. Now, Orihime looks much more like Rukia did back in her Kaien flashback instead of Miyako. The only major difference is Orihime is definitely jealous of Rukia's relationship with Ichigo while Rukia seemed to simply accept Kaien's bond with Miyako. Nonetheless, I believe Orhime is intended to parallel Rukia's role in the Rukia-Kaien-Miyako relationship while Ichigo and Rukia represent Kaien and Miyako, respectively.

Furthermore, I think this supports Rukia x Ichigo while diminishing the possibility of Ichigo x Orihime happening.

I don't think Orihime has ever been portrayed as graceful, or elegant. In fact, I'd say she's the opposite of that: a klutz.

I hope Hitsugaya is not as popular in Western cultures since I don't believe he deserves the popularity he enjoys in Japan.

Well, when people argue that Ichigo likes Orihime because he's nicer to her, I don't think they're considering that Ichigo reciprocates others' sentiments towards him. In other words, if someone acts rude to him, he does the same to them; so, when someone is always polite towards him, he's courteous in return.

Anyway, I don't think Ichigo would be so silly as to act like a jerk with everybody.
Old 2007-05-17, 22:46   Link #1325
Forever_young
Zero

Quote:

That point about Ichigo being kind to Orihime tells us he's not that close and comfortable around her. He even calls her by her surname (I know alot of you think Inoue is her name but thats her family name. I think people got mixed up because in Japan people write their surname first)

I mean with Rukia, he's comfortable and close enough to call her by her name and argue with each other.

Quote:
I'm actually kinda happy how KT drew Rukia. No offesense but most people see Orihime as this pretty faced girl with huge breast, but he drew Rukia much deeper. And like alot of people said, Rukia's strong, beautiful, smart and gentle (Orihime said that as well)

Ichi x Ruki 4eva!
Old 2007-05-17, 23:10   Link #1326
Sequora

Hi everyone! I lurked in this thread forever and finally decided to sign up.

Ichigo x Rukia all the way!

@Starwing

As for the interpretations within the different cultures and societies, I believe it all depends on a few factors:

1) What do people perceive as beautiful? It all depends on the person in question. Some men and women love big breasts and hour-glass shapes, while others prefer a smaller, less attractive shape. I'm a girl (obviously by my name) but I'm most definitely western. But I find girls like Rukia to be very beautiful because she is small and her curves are not as standing out as Orihime's.
IMO, women like Orihime are starting to get boring and out-dated. Why? Because we see this type of woman in magazines, celebrities, and practically anywhere in real life, especially in western society. So it's very refreshing, for me, to see a different type of woman take shape without having to go through lipo-suction or implants. This new freshness, IMO, is what probably attracts many people to Rukia instead of Hime. (Now if only we can see more plus size models ) I also like Rukia's attitude towards a lot of things and her bluntness. I don't know how many people I meet that try to go around things when I just want a 'yes' or 'no'. I hate that. Now that I think on it, Rukia sort of fits more into a Western culture feel than Orihime.

2) Like someone stated earlier, it also depends on what type of woman a partner is looking for? Are they looking for a partner who is sweet, unargumentative, wants to please all the time, or are they looking for a woman who will stand up on her own two feet with little to no assistance, stubborn, and will take up a fight.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in Asian society (at least a couple of decades ago, maybe even still now) many families taught their daughters to be respectful and obedient to their future husbands so that they do not shame them. I also think that in some families, they still have arranged marriages. In Western society, especially in America, many families have adopted the notion that their daughters choose their preferences and show respect, but at the same time, the western culture is very rebellious compared to the humble Asian.

3) Westerners love a good romance story whether it's Romeo and Juliette or Cinderella. I suppose you can say Orihime fits the description of both Juliette and Cinderella. Also, because Orihime seems to be sweet and humble, many westerners would wish her a good life compared to the blunt Rukia, whom some may perceive as a *itch.
Well, that's all I can think of for right now. You can agree or disagree, it doesn't matter to me. I just enjoy reading what other opinions people have and what their take on the topic may be.

Back on topic:

Chapter 270 pretty much slapped me in the face with the fierce determination that Ichigo showed to get to Rukia. Many people can argue the fact that he didn't get angry until Ulquiorra mentioned Inoue, but the fact still remains that Ichigo would have turned back for Rukia with or without Inoue, that he had a small inclination Inoue did betray them, and that he truly didn't want to fight Ulqu, thus the reason he wanted to end the fight so suddenly. And let's not forget that Ichigo tried to run away as well. lol.
Also, Ichigo and Orihime spend very little time around each other. She's never been in his room, compared to Rukia and Tatsuki who have. When Rukia was takin away to SS, Ichigo was surprised that Hime remembered Rukia and even more surprised that she wanted to go with him to SS to bring Rukia back, even though Hime only wanted to go to SS to protect Ichigo. They still don't interact as much in school either. I'm just not seeing their love at all for each other.
And yes, Chapter 237 was kinda weird. I did like the speech part because I'll admit that I'm a romantic at heart (but I hate the mushy-mushy kind, please do that in private and give me some details later ) But if I found out someone was in my room and attempted to kiss me, I would flip out. Trust me, if something like that really would have happened, I probably would have shot the sucker who came breaking into my home. And it was quite cowardly of her, IMO, to confess her feelings to Ichigo while he was asleep and out of it, plus the fact of her being invisible.

So sorry for the long post. I'm shutting up now.
Old 2007-05-18, 02:37   Link #1327
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
>@Ashesatdusk: Of course Ichigo would have a hard time believing that any of his friend's to be dead or might have died. What good would that do? He would just get depressed and gloomy again. He cannot afford to have a chaotic heart in times of battle.

Spoiler:

Last edited by ashesatdusk; 2007-05-18 at 18:26. Reason: Spoilers from Manga
Old 2007-05-18, 03:12   Link #1328
Adam E
Riskbreaker

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Adam E; 2007-05-18 at 03:41. Reason: Added spoil tags
Old 2007-05-18, 03:24   Link #1329
Forever_young
Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashesatdusk View Post
>@Ashesatdusk: Of course Ichigo would have a hard time believing that any of his friend's to be dead or might have died. What good would that do? He would just get depressed and gloomy again. He cannot afford to have a chaotic heart in times of battle.

You missed my point. People have made a case that ichigo's love for rukia is shown by the fact that he tries to go save her as soon as he hears that Rukia is dead. My case is that he'd have this reaction with any of his friends, in mid battle, because uptil now Ichigo never has really believed that any of his nakama have died when their reitsu has faded. In this case he's been told by an enemy, that rukia is confirmed dead (irregardless if its true or not). I think that if chad's reatsu is fading and he was told that chad had been killed, he'd turn around too try to save chad too. I don't see this as the claims that some have made, that his reaction supports the ichigo X Rukia pairing.
Spoiler:

KT has done absolutely nothing special about the Ichi x Ori relationship. If they are going to end up together (I hope not) he should atleast done something like the Ichi x Ruki relationship like “Black Sun White Moon”, Memories in the Rain, make it rain when Orihime left but he just drew their relationship one-sided. Ichigo does care about her but I don’t see why people will turn it into a romantic one.

Personally I think Bleach fanz these days are too focused on the HM arc and are completely forgetting everything that happened in Soul Society.
Old 2007-05-18, 03:27   Link #1330
ashesatdusk

Spoiler:

Last edited by ashesatdusk; 2007-05-18 at 04:08. Reason: Spoiler
Old 2007-05-18, 03:40   Link #1331
Adam E
Riskbreaker

Now that I think about it, these need spoiler tags.

Spoiler for Chapter 270:
Old 2007-05-18, 04:25   Link #1332
ashesatdusk

Spoiler:

Go back and Read SS Chapter 108 Volume 13.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by ashesatdusk; 2007-05-18 at 18:26.
Old 2007-05-18, 04:49   Link #1333
Tyan

*off topic*:

Is there anyone who would bother to add pages 13, 14 and 15 in chapter 248? I tried to download it at Bleach Exile, and they won't show -_-' Sorry, I just don't know where else to ask for such a thing

Last edited by Tyan; 2007-05-18 at 07:46.
Old 2007-05-18, 10:20   Link #1334
Starwing

@ashesatdusk

Spoiler:

Last edited by Starwing; 2007-05-19 at 17:08.
Old 2007-05-18, 12:02   Link #1335
sorbet
vicious fan

I agree with Starwing that ch 270 was significant.

Spoiler for about ch 270:

Last edited by sorbet; 2007-05-19 at 02:40.
Old 2007-05-18, 13:34   Link #1336
obentou
Maximum7/Ossu

I'd say Inoue dies for a good cause, and makes for a sad incident in Bleach ^^. And then Rukia/Ichigo will get together.

That is my very naive prediction!
Old 2007-05-18, 16:50   Link #1337
Alea Misa

@ Niffum: ^^ S'okay, the discussion helped with more clarification. Hopefully, things will start moving along in this arc soon. Waiting is hard to do.

@ashesatdusk:

Spoiler for Clarification:
Old 2007-05-18, 17:23   Link #1338
monir
cho~ kakkoii

A bit off-topic: I'm starting to sense there are some of you who are discussing events from the manga that have yet to happen in the anime without using clearly marked spoiler tags. This is a thread where any manga related discussion need to be put under spoiler tags so the anime-only viewers are given the choice to exercise their own discretion if a spoiler tag should be opened. You have 24 hours to edit your post, add spoiler tags, modify, etc if you believe you are one of the guilty. After that duration, I'll have one of the mods who are familiar with the manga, read this thread 5-6 pages back.

Just so it is known, the punishment for unwanted spoilers earn a poster a 3-day BAN in any thread that doesn't have the [manga] tag in the title. I hope this message will be taken seriously.

If anything from the above doesn't make sense, then please feel free to PM me since I don't want to venture into the off-topic territory from this topic of discussion.
Old 2007-05-18, 17:24   Link #1339
Uchih@

Location: In past i lived in konoha but now-a-days..... well i can't tell you.... its a secret
Ichi X Ori rockss

Last edited by Uchih@; 2007-05-22 at 07:34.
Old 2007-05-18, 18:53   Link #1340
ashesatdusk

@ Starwing
Spoiler:
Closed Thread