Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-04-14, 06:08   Link #1321
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
no wonder the PG-gundam age is no good to watch besides it too not working.

1.3 different story of 3 sets of generation not much to give make short series.

2.lack of characters using come some of them got mis-used.

3.too very PG light soft to watch indeed older fans want something.

overall the age is a BOMB failure so bad only one thing to do SAVE_US GS ERA!!!
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 06:14   Link #1322
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
no wonder the PG-gundam age is no good to watch besides it too not working.

1.3 different story of 3 sets of generation not much to give make short series.

2.lack of characters using come some of them got mis-used.

3.too very PG light soft to watch indeed older fans want something.

overall the age is a BOMB failure so bad only one thing to do SAVE_US GS ERA!!!
Trolol. Said person based her whole post on one post and one source. Applause.

I shall help you troll. Maybe they should just extend the SEED universe, have more beam spams, more Shinns and Kiras, and above all, more D-KLACs!
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 06:55   Link #1323
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Ah D-KLAC, returning again at light speed at the sign of trouble for AGE.

SEED isn't coming back, get over it man.

Anyway, AGE ain't a failure in my book. It's satisfied all my needs as a Gundam fan thus far, and I fully expect it to continue doing so.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 06:59   Link #1324
atilim
Knightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
Trolol. Said person based her whole post on one post and one source. Applause.

I shall help you troll. Maybe they should just extend the SEED universe, have more beam spams, more Shinns and Kiras, and above all, more D-KLACs!

It may be to early to tell if Gundam Age ratings in Japan is a failure (personally I like it) but if it is then one of the weaknesses that it's kind of like 3 different short animes.

Also lets not forget Gundam is aimed at Japanse audience, there are probably ton of animes/manga's that are popular in Europe/US but failed in Japan and thus got cancelled.

Problem with Age 1 is that their isn't just enough time to develop the characters in a decent pace. First few episodes are always about the main character and it's early development and final few episodes it's a major battle and everything in between is character development. Gundam Age tried to do this in 15 ish episodes which may have been to ambitious because the concept and a bit refreshing.

Personally I would have chosen 2 arcs instead of the current 3 or make 3 seasons of 25 episodes each (kind of like Gundam 00). Also personally I wouldn't have mind seeing Flit grown up, I would have liked the see the period between when his arc ended and when Asemu's arc began.

Edit:

Also I liked how the article involved Gundam Unicorn in it, Unicorn targets a different audience because it is a movie. It's better to compare Gundam Age with other Gundam weekly shows/
atilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 07:21   Link #1325
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well unless pull a 3rd time a charm on 3rd gen yea indeed there going pull the "big ones" to salvage what left of this PG-gundam series.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 07:23   Link #1326
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
wrong post

Last edited by duotiga; 2012-04-14 at 08:07.
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 08:01   Link #1327
kakakka

I was hoping for spoilers and/or speculations. I hope you know that there's a general thread for age.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 08:06   Link #1328
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
I was hoping for spoilers and/or speculations. I hope you know that there's a general thread for age.
sorry, didnt notice that. will be repost to there instead
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 11:15   Link #1329
solidvanz
Special Operative

Just found somewhat interesting info about AGE-3's wears.

AGE-3's first wear is called AGE-3 Fortress that is composed of Artillery AGE-3 arm, Heavyweight AGE-3 leg and AGE-3 Normal Core G-Wear Core. It is armed with 4 plasma cannons that is mounted on the shoulders and the arms. Adding the heavy leg parts that fortify its position when firing all 4 of the powerful plasma canons.

AGE-3's second wear is called AGE-3 Orbital that is composed of Longbarrel Rifle Arm, Highspeed Type Leg and AGE-3 Normal Core G-Wear Core. It is armed with parts meant for outer space combat as the name suggested it. AGE-3 Orbital's speed highly increases with these wear parts and is armed with a long-range blaster rifle.

Link: http://orendsrange.blogspot.com/2012...-revealed.html
Old 2012-04-14, 11:28   Link #1330
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidvanz View Post
Just found somewhat interesting info about AGE-3's wears.

AGE-3's first wear is called AGE-3 Fortress that is composed of Artillery AGE-3 arm, Heavyweight AGE-3 leg and AGE-3 Normal Core G-Wear Core. It is armed with 4 plasma cannons that is mounted on the shoulders and the arms. Adding the heavy leg parts that fortify its position when firing all 4 of the powerful plasma canons.

AGE-3's second wear is called AGE-3 Orbital that is composed of Longbarrel Rifle Arm, Highspeed Type Leg and AGE-3 Normal Core G-Wear Core. It is armed with parts meant for outer space combat as the name suggested it. AGE-3 Orbital's speed highly increases with these wear parts and is armed with a long-range blaster rifle.

Link: http://orendsrange.blogspot.com/2012...-revealed.html
Still, no descriptions for the shoulder-swiveling, backpack mounted weapons for the Age-3 Orbital.
Old 2012-04-14, 14:44   Link #1331
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Plasma cannons? Why aren't they DODS cannons?

Oh, and we apparently have a name for our new green Vagan friend. It's called the Tanajin.

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2012/0...8GUNDAM+GUY%29
Old 2012-04-14, 16:15   Link #1332
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Probably the AGE System trying something new. Either that or it's a further evolution in the weapons technology.
Old 2012-04-14, 16:43   Link #1333
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by atilim View Post
Personally I would have chosen 2 arcs instead of the current 3 or make 3 seasons of 25 episodes each (kind of like Gundam 00)
If I had to pick between the two I would have gone for the second option (which would indeed probably have made for a better series, though I'm so hyped up for Kio's arc that I'm glad I don't have to wait so long for it). The first would have almost crippled the series for me by ruining what's probably the most fundamental appeal of the series for me, watching the series cover such a huge expanse of time that it covers the better part of a person's life and lets you watch them mature from a kid into a (slightly) old man.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 17:35   Link #1334
atilim
Knightmare

I'm wondering are their any rumours for new Gundams for the next arc (except age 3 gundam)?

It has become a sort of tradition to have a final battle fought between Gundams the only exception I can thing about are the UC shows and Trun A (and first season 00 doesn't count).

Also I wouldn't mind seeing some tougher looking Fed mobile suits. Compared to Vagan their mobile suits kind of look like weak and it isn't because of their pilots, I think it is because of their light colour.
atilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 17:42   Link #1335
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I wouldn't be surprised of the Vagan came out with their own version of the AGE system. But I don't think it'll be a Gundam. The only shows I can remember having two Gundams fighting at the end was.

Gundam 00
Gundam Wing
Unicorn Gundam(?)
Gundam SEED/Destiny
Old 2012-04-14, 17:43   Link #1336
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Given how they like to homage the first three Gundam animes, I think AGE is unlikely to have a Gundam vs. Gundam final battle. How would they even manage to accomplish it? They'd have to steal the Gundam AGE-1 or Gundam AGE-2, assuming the Gundam AGE-1 is even still around by then.
Old 2012-04-14, 18:37   Link #1337
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

You don't need to steal the Gundam to copy its design. After all, the difference between a Gundam and a non-gundam comes down to aesthetics.
Old 2012-04-14, 18:44   Link #1338
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Still don't see it happening in AGE. Vagan has its own very specific brand of mobile suit aesthetics and they've yet to deviate from them so far.
Old 2012-04-14, 18:48   Link #1339
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Still don't see it happening in AGE. Vagan has its own very specific brand of mobile suit aesthetics and they've yet to deviate from them so far.
Vagan strikes me as the proud type of military. Given what they've gone through with the Federation, building a Gundam would probably have some sort of back lash with their civilian population, and their own soldiers.
Old 2012-04-14, 18:59   Link #1340
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Vagan strikes me as the proud type of military. Given what they've gone through with the Federation, building a Gundam would probably have some sort of back lash with their civilian population, and their own soldiers.
or it could be a morale booster akin to what happened in 00 when the United Nations got GN Drives and later the stolen Zwei.
Remember, the Gundam is supposed to be this legendary unit, a savior of sorts. The Vagans have been suffering at its hands for years, so coming up with their own "savior" could give them a boost in battle.