Everyone dies
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-25, 07:15   Link #42
James Rye

Everyone expect Power because she is strong and awesome.^^
Old 2019-05-25, 13:46   Link #43
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Wth is going on here? Idk what to think anymore. Well, Denji isn't going to die as I'm pretty sure Pochita's going to keep him alive, plus he's got MC plot armor going for him too.

I'm still half-expecting Makima to pull some kinda hax BS to survive getting shot in the head, but this chapter did make me doubt myself just a tiny bit if I'm being honest.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-01, 19:34   Link #44
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Shit hits the fan faster than I can blink atm. I still can't fathom wth is going on here. My brain does not compute...
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2019-06-01, 21:41   Link #45
James Rye

Man, just when I thought there would be the comeback for our heroes, they get curb-stumped yet again...
Old 2019-06-09, 13:06   Link #46
James Rye

This mangaka just keep pushing in more and more despair with each passing chapter. How is that possible?!?! Dang it, I didn't wanted her to die so soon! >.<
Old 2019-06-09, 15:52   Link #47
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Damn... This author isn't holding anything back. Apparently, no one's safe outside of Denji and Aki atm. I won't even try to think about who's going to survive or not. I honestly didn't expect Himeno to be off'd this early, especially when she only recently decided to collude with Denji with respect to their love lives.

I usually have quite a bit of faith in my predictions when it comes to developments in anime/manga, but this one is already taking me for a ride...
Old 2019-06-10, 00:28   Link #48
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Should've banged her
Old 2019-06-10, 01:16   Link #49
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Denji's one-liners are completely hilarious in how random they are
Old 2019-06-14, 22:59   Link #50
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Yup, totally knew Makima had some kinda hax ace up her sleeve. That was the only prediction I got right, everything else has thrown me for a loop tho...

Btw, I see that Arai's dead, but Kobeni's body has yet to be seen. I'm assuming that it's safe to say that she's probably still alive?
Old 2019-06-21, 11:01   Link #51
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Makima best girl
Old 2019-06-21, 13:32   Link #52
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Her ability is fucking brutal... What a way to die for both the target and the sacrifice. The sacrifices' deaths are cruel in the sense that they don't even know they'll die since they're all blindfolded and simply following instructions and well, I don't think I need to explain why the targets' deaths are brutal, do I?

The ability is OP and the price of offering a life to take a life is steep which also creates a nice balance if you ask me. The only detail I don't clearly understand is how she knew the targets' names. Did she interrogate the assassins on the train before killing them? Does she get the desired information from her contracted devil?

As for how or why she can't die, after seeing her ability in action, I theorize that the reason why she can't die is because she offers up another person's life in exchange for safeguarding her own.
Old 2019-06-21, 15:01   Link #53
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I wonder if there's some kind of policy to provide more death penalties, and she's the reason.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-21, 16:32   Link #54
James Rye

I wonder why the blindfolds are needed for Makima's demon. One of my guesses is that he basically kills on sight and only Makima is safe due her deal with him. And my other far creepier guess is that Makima herself is the demon and hides that fact with the blindfolds to fool everyone.

Sword guy and Demonsnake girl are lucky Makima has not called their names. They would have been flatten like a pancake and they would have been helpless af. Like how are you supposed to defend yourself against an attack like that from across the country?!
Old 2019-06-21, 17:33   Link #55
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^My guess is that the blindfolds are part of the preparation process for the ability to be executed. The ability itself seems to require a "ritual" or something along those lines to be used.

So far, the steps required to use the ability go something like:

1. Access to a temple at as high elevation as possible.
2. Acquire a number of sacrifices equivalent in number to the number of intended targets.
3. Blindfold the sacrifices (unclear if the witnesses need to be blindfolded too since they noted that they weren't allowed to see her ability due to their lower rank in the hierarchy).
4. Have each sacrifice state the name of an intended target (unclear on what methods are used to determine the names of the targets in the first place).
5. Targets become jam and sacrifices quite literally drop dead.
Old 2019-06-21, 21:12   Link #56
wuhugm
Confused Shark

And it can't be used on half-demons coz they are 2 existences and can't be used on demons coz they are materialization of phenomenon?
Old 2019-06-21, 21:54   Link #57
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^That may be the case because even if we don't have any evidence to backup that claim, the fact remains that Makima probably can't do anything about the Gun devil. After all, considering how OP that ability is, if she could, she would've dealt with the Gun a long time ago.

It could simply be that she doesn't know the Gun's name, but this last chapter showed that she was clearly able to get 30 names using a method that hasn't been revealed yet and that's why I find it hard to believe that "she simply doesn't know the Gun's name".

This brings me back to your point that devils and half-devils may not be affected by her ability and I'm leaning more towards that being the case... until we get more info to work with, that is.
Old 2019-06-23, 00:08   Link #58
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I am more impressed that Denji didn't simply mulch the humans from the get go. He's actually less psychopathic than Makima lol
Old 2019-06-30, 12:05   Link #59
wuhugm
Confused Shark

This is true best girl
Old 2019-06-30, 18:53   Link #60
James Rye

Wow, Kobeni is awesome! oO

Tags
chainsaw, demons, horror comedy, shounen