AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2019-09-21, 13:36   Link #81
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

I have returned from limbo for the time being. Got some things going on irl, so my forum time will be drastically cut down for the foreseeable future.

That said, I just had to make a post about the newest chapter (39) as I can really appreciate how the author takes such a trivial thing and turn it into something of substance.

The chapter was used to draw readers' attention to how distant devils and devilmen are with regard to their emotions. It's not that they can't or don't feel anything, but rather, they need much more stimulus than the average person to feel these emotions.

Reminded me a lot of the contrast drawn between contractors and normal humans in DTB.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-09, 12:10   Link #82
James Rye

Yay for cute Anya having good taste for entertaining manga. XD
Old 2020-03-22, 12:59   Link #83
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Read all of it this week-end. This is really damn good, I can understand why it's popular. It's also an unusual manga by Jump's standard. For one, the level of gore if off the charts. There was a chapter with guts flying all over the place! I also like how no one besides the main trio (+ Makima) is safe. Do you think Reze is really dead or not? She killed a lot of hunters and civilians, but Makima wouldn't care about that. She's strong and if she could get her as an ally, she would.

The author is also building a pretty good mystery here. The Gun Devil wanting Denji's heart, the door Denji is forbidden to open by Pochita (future power-up incoming), the Chainsaw Devil presumably being the one who killed most of the demons in hell, etc...

I didn't see the twist in the latest chapter coming. That woman was the real Santa Claus all along? And now the MCs are all in hell... they should be able to learn a few things there.
Old 2020-03-22, 14:39   Link #84
James Rye

Reze is dead. She's in hell now like how devilmen when they die. Maybe they will meet her down there who knows. Denji certainly would be shocked to find out that his beloved Makima killed Reze.

And I agree, Santa being the ultimate doll was a shock to me. Same with how she dropped Tolka to hell without the slightest hesitation. Damn, that woman, the real Santa, is damn good and so powerful to send an entire building and its people straight into hell. The poor three kids who died as sacrifice though. Those two panels with the 4 kids and suddenly three being hidden away by that gnarly finger was just... uuuuagghh, creepily scary! Life truly means nothing in a world like this with governments using devilmen and devil contractors as weapons and power status.
Hell looked great! I loved it! I wanna see more of it! And I wanna know how the hell they gonna get outta Hell!!! <3
Old 2020-03-23, 09:24   Link #85
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Reze is dead. She's in hell now like how devilmen when they die. Maybe they will meet her down there who knows. Denji certainly would be shocked to find out that his beloved Makima killed Reze.
Devils go back to hell when killed, but I don't think we were told what happens to devilmen. Could be different. But I guess that could be the opportunity to bring Reze back, even if just temporarily.

And Makima seriously scares me, far more than the actual villains. Mostly because I have no idea what she's thinking.
Old 2020-03-24, 18:51   Link #86
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
And Makima seriously scares me, far more than the actual villains. Mostly because I have no idea what she's thinking.
I know what you mean, but I won't describe my feelings towards her as fear. I'd say I feel more unsettled rather than afraid. From what we've seen of her, she's just hella creepy and the implication that she has 'ears' everywhere adds to these unsettling feelings.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2020-03-26, 14:39   Link #87
LevelSeven

Quote:
Now that you mention is, have we ever seen a single time that the thought-bubble got used on makima?

I cant remember ever having read her thoughts in the series.
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-27, 09:31   Link #88
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
Now that you mention is, have we ever seen a single time that the thought-bubble got used on makima?

I cant remember ever having read her thoughts in the series.
I didn't actually pay attention to that when reading, but I'm pretty sure she indeed never had any.
Old 2020-03-29, 12:10   Link #89
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

New chapter is here. We met our first primal Devil, Darkness, far stronger than the Gun Devil. It turns out "Master" wanted to strike a deal with this Devil all along, for the purpose of getting enough power to kill Makima.

I wonder why Darkness is also interested in Chainsaw's heart though. I figured Gun wanted it because Chainsaw was the one who killed him, but Darkness is so strong he's never been killed.
Old 2020-03-29, 12:51   Link #90
Wandering Soul

Now the mystery of Makina and the Chainsaw's heart deepens. There are theories on why Gun might want Chainsaw's heart, but Darkness is a mystery. Makina's past must have really landed her on the Master's bad side.
Old 2020-03-29, 18:12   Link #91
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Anyone know what the note in German says? I'm guessing "kill Makima", which would mean it's not personal for Master.
Old 2020-03-29, 20:01   Link #92
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Thinking about it, that was a huge oversight on my part. I'm facepalming over the fact that something so simple has eluded me for 60+ chapters. If a devil's power is dependent on the number of people who fear/acknowledge them, then of course the devils who represent the primal fears are going to be stupidly OP.

Of course the number of people who fear darkness far outnumber those who fear guns. But I have a question tho, where does darkness fall within the 5 Primal Fears? I'm a bit confused on where to place it.
Old 2020-03-30, 07:19   Link #93
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
Of course the number of people who fear darkness far outnumber those who fear guns. But I have a question tho, where does darkness fall within the 5 Primal Fears? I'm a bit confused on where to place it.
It fits with the first one the best, but it's obvious there is going to be a death devil too. I think they're only going to be loosely based on the real primal fears, or rather based on very common fears (so Darkness is just fear of the dark or the unknown). I could see sickness being one, for example. There's a theory that Makima has a contract with the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (she can instant kill people, summon rats,...), so its real name would be pestilence.
Old 2020-03-30, 08:51   Link #94
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Anyone know what the note in German says? I'm guessing "kill Makima", which would mean it's not personal for Master.
I think it's:
"Makima can hear you.
The day of Doom is near.
Kill Makima."
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-30, 18:49   Link #95
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I think it's:
"Makima can hear you.
The day of Doom is near.
Kill Makima."
Thanks! Huh, so Makima possibly has ears all over the planet...
Old 2020-04-03, 07:48   Link #96
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 65:
Old 2020-04-05, 12:55   Link #97
Wandering Soul

It makes sense Darkness is so powerful considering it's is a primal fear, but wow everyone is completely helpless against it. I wonder how they are going to get out of this one.
Old 2020-04-12, 12:47   Link #98
Wandering Soul

New chapter out.

So Makima entered the stage and got everyone out. I'm surprised she was able to land a blow on Darkness like that.
Old 2020-04-12, 12:56   Link #99
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm a bit confused how Makima got them out. She put her hand on Tolka's head and it seemed like he was the one who did the talking, so did she force him to make the deal in her place? Did the Hell devil really get fooled by that?
Old 2020-04-12, 13:40   Link #100
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

What the hell even is Makima?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chainsaw, demons, horror comedy, shounen