AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-09-12, 21:10   Link #2681
NaweG
Just some guy

If we could just color Athena's hair green (given that Hina's is already pink), then I could believe I had just stepped accidentally into the Macross Frontier shipping wars again...

Anyone left out there who'd care to talk about the story without worry about who Hayate ends up with? Or am I the only one who would be happy with any of them as long as Hata gave a good reason for it, and at least a little epilogue about the others?
Old 2009-09-12, 21:27   Link #2682
SirWence
~Connoisseur~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Trying to convince others (and maybe subconsciously themselves) that their chosen female is the better one. It's basically a Tsundere vs Yandere argument.
couldnt have said that any better myself lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
If we could just color Athena's hair green (given that Hina's is already pink), then I could believe I had just stepped accidentally into the Macross Frontier shipping wars again...

Anyone left out there who'd care to talk about the story without worry about who Hayate ends up with? Or am I the only one who would be happy with any of them as long as Hata gave a good reason for it, and at least a little epilogue about the others?
I wont deny I would be happier with some than others , but ive also said I believe firmly he knew exactly who it would be , before he put his pen to paper.. Right now what I want are details.. details.. and a few more details- the whos the whys the whats and more whys and I suppose a when or two and a where lol.

im hoping by 250 I have quite a bit more .. I can easily see several paths from where we stand now.
Old 2009-09-12, 22:06   Link #2683
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Hayate isn't going to end up with anyone. I seriously cannot imagine this series ending (if it ever does, lolz) with Hayate being in a romantic relationship.

That being said, I don't care who he ends up with as long as it's not a romantic relationship with Nagi or Athena. I just... don't like Athena.
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 22:08   Link #2684
SirWence
~Connoisseur~

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
Hayate isn't going to end up with anyone. I seriously cannot imagine this series ending (if it ever does, lolz) with Hayate being in a romantic relationship.

That being said, I don't care who he ends up with as long as it's not a romantic relationship with Nagi or Athena. I just... don't like Athena.
And here I think those two are the most likely bets lol Nagi or Athena the present or the past. - Though I wont discount Hina - either way I think this will end how it was meant to from the very start. And I can see it ending certainly.. and I can even see a relationship to.
Old 2009-09-12, 22:55   Link #2685
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
That's me. These discussions few pages back have been heated and escalated to the level of argument to me. The genre of this manga are "action, comedy, harem, parody and shonen". A comedy manga shouldn't be viewed so sophisticatedly. Many of the scenes are drawn to express comedy- to let the reader think it's funny. For those people who wish to read an excellet story plot and heavy romance(not saying this isn't, just not to the degree of being extremely sophisticated), a slice of life and romance manga should satisfy you. The reason I started reading this when this manga came out was because it was FUNNY and had an unusual beginning. I'm the type of reader who keeps on reading a manga if chapter one interests me and this manga did. This is still Hata's manga and I'm satisfied with whoever Hayate ends up with, even if he ends up alone. As long as Hata gives a good justification for his choices I'm satisfied. All the girls have their pros and cons, there's no need to go into too much depth comparing which girls is better.
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 23:04   Link #2686
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Quote:

Well, the still ongoing Athena arc is pretty serious for the standards of HnG. It might revert back to a comedy when the arc ends. Personally, I'd like to see it continue as it is, and not change back into a silly manga. Although, it's too late to say that it's not a silly manga, but at least keep this level of 'reality' that's depicted in this arc, throughout the rest of the manga.

Saying that, I wish for it to end in the next 50-100 chapters with a definitive conclusion.

Hayate doesn't look good at turning people down. He didn't turn down Ayumu's confession, instead he stalled it replying that he can't answer her yet for stupid reasons.

If he's rejected by Athena and keeps his attitude (I don't deserve this, or that, whatever...), he might as well not end up with anyone. I really don't care if he does, but the whole manga is revolving around the premise that he does. Or at least it's something secondary, if the primary objective are family matters.

Well, as for the next chapter goes... he'll either lose and be taken advantage of (gem stolen, Austin taken back (note: from now on Austin = Powers)), or finally resolve matters with Athena.. obviously in an inconclusive manner. What fun would there be if he resolved everything? He needs to be tormented. He likes it anyway~
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 23:20   Link #2687
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Well, the still ongoing Athena arc is pretty serious for the standards of HnG. It might revert back to a comedy when the arc ends. Personally, I'd like to see it continue as it is, and not change back into a silly manga. Although, it's too late to say that it's not a silly manga, but at least keep this level of 'reality' that's depicted in this arc, throughout the rest of the manga.
I don't really mind it when HnG is being serious, or at least, is centering around love developments. I just don't really like Athena because she's both overly antagonized and I just can't help but feel a bit weirded out by the End of the World arc.

That and Izumi is my one true love.
Old 2009-09-12, 23:29   Link #2688
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Well, now we know how different our personality and taste are.

Although I don't hate anyone in HnG, but ironically, I find Izumi's personality quite annoying especially her voice in the anime.

I got hooked 100% into this manga due to the seriousness of the tEoTW arc so I won't mind the continuation of the serious story. Just hope the manga won't be plot-less again.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 23:33   Link #2689
Rah

Quote:
I don't really mind it when HnG is being serious, or at least, is centering around love developments. I just don't really like Athena because she's both overly antagonized and I just can't help but feel a bit weirded out by the End of the World arc.

That and Izumi is my one true love.

Too bad she's only a secondary character. ALTHOUGH! She did rank #6 in ... well whatever it was. Miki & what's her name.. were around #20~

There just might be room for her in the future, since Hata is gay for his fans. I like her character more than Athena's as well.

For me it's something like...

1. Nagi = Hina = Loli Athena
2. Ayumu = Izumi
3. Sakuya
4. Miki
5. The rest...

Anyho, these early spoiler scripts take out all the fun in waiting for the actual pages. By reading them I know already what happens, so I just want to see the next chapter instead of the current one. No.. wait.. the next spoilers, not the next chapter. This chapter ends with Hayate being beaten up, right? No cliffhanger there, since he obviously won't die. Hmhm... perhaps Athena is shown in the background of the last picture? That would be worth it~

Last edited by Rah; 2009-09-13 at 01:23. Reason: Forgot Loli Athena~
Old 2009-09-13, 00:01   Link #2690
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
Although I don't hate anyone in HnG, but ironically, I find Izumi's personality quite annoying especially her voice in the anime.
Good sir, although I do my best to respect the opinions of others, I am afraid I will never able able to hold you in an esteemed light after such an utterance.
Old 2009-09-13, 00:10   Link #2691
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Good sir, although I do my best to respect the opinions of others, I am afraid I will never able able to hold you in an esteemed light after such an utterance.
Well, I already stated our differences in personality and taste so I was referring to myself when stated that I just find her personality and voice annoying which is my opinion. Not that was referring to you have bad taste or anything since I already stated the different in our taste.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 00:17   Link #2692
Used Can

Am I the only one who likes Ayumu's younger brother? That kid looked really cool.
Old 2009-09-13, 00:42   Link #2693
Rah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Am I the only one who likes Ayumu's younger brother? That kid looked really cool.
Old 2009-09-13, 02:46   Link #2694
SirWence
~Connoisseur~

Am I the only one who doesnt trust Maria? lol
Old 2009-09-13, 03:04   Link #2695
RockD
's Most Ignored

why? she's a kindhearted woman. there is no way I don't trust her.
RockD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 03:26   Link #2696
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirWence View Post
Am I the only one who doesnt trust Maria? lol
What's not to trust about her?
Old 2009-09-13, 03:52   Link #2697
SirWence
~Connoisseur~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
What's not to trust about her?
simply the fact that I think she knows more then she lets on and does not (seemingly*) seem to tell those shes supposed to loyal to.. would be enough for most not to give someone there full trust... Not that for me its a partial trust ... im actually not the only one out there who doesnt put their full faith in her. But I was more so trying to generate some discussion (that isnt related to my character > your character) lol as I am far from a 'die hard supporter' of it. But meh maybe the shield of aegis as the possible title would have been better to discuss as it was the 'shield' used by Athena or Zeus and is ageless and immortal if we use greek mythology from the Iliad

Last edited by SirWence; 2009-09-13 at 09:00.
SirWence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 15:12   Link #2698
Used Can

Hmm... I see what you mean, but I think all she is aware is the big misunderstanding in Hayate's and Nagi's relationship. That aside, she told Hayate she doesn't even know about her own past. So, it'd be ironic if she knows about everything, but not about herself.

All the same, Hata said Maria may be related to the core of the plot (or something like that); so, maybe you're correct.

I was wondering about the shield of Aegis too. Perhaps it refers to Machina - reinforcing the possibility of him not being human? Also, wasn't the Aegis a breastplate?
Old 2009-09-13, 15:20   Link #2699
-Breakthrough-

Machina is officially my most hated character in this series after reading through the spoilers of the recent chapter. Seriously, this guy is like Ryoga(from Ranma 1/2 who I found unbearable) 2.0

naive or not, Hayate doesn't deserve this brutal shit

Man, never expected Hata to go this series.
-Breakthrough- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 15:34   Link #2700
Used Can

Machina didn't start kicking Hayate because he's naive. He started kicking him because he thought Hayate was tormenting Athena. If you take into account the whole deal about Athena having had to go through some tough things (yet unknown to us), but being able to keep her cool despite that, then Machina's reaction is nothing but expected.

Hayate showed up out of nowhere, and suddenly Athena started behaving in an odd way (to Machina's eyes), not only that, but she seems unable to keep her cool demeanour, and seems to be sad. It's only natural for Machina to blame Hayate (even if he's actually wrong).

Tags
comedy, shounen