Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-08-20, 20:17   Link #581
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
I have only one question... hopefully someone that read the manga can answer it for me:

Does anything happen between Aya / Souchiro or Souchiro / Maya?

Im a sucker for romance in this kind of animes and the one thing i hate the most is when i finish watching the last episode and end up... WTF¡? What happens to them?
Spoiler for answer:
Old 2008-08-20, 20:57   Link #582
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

but does it seem that anything will be happening between aya and souchiro? I mean they are supposed to be the main characters and Aya loving him so much... how come he ended up liking Maya.... i just cant undestand it.
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 04:37   Link #583
holyman282

Well to be honest currently the whole romance thing is set aside in the manga to deal with alot more complex issues. The one thing I find funny about all of Oh Great's manga's is that he always finds a way to make a simple story more epic. For example read another one of his works Air Gear, it's basically about rollerblades but at the current chapter it seems like these rollerblades will decide the fate of mankind. It's the same with Tenjo Tenge, it started out simple enough then ballooned out of proportion to ecompassing the fate of the world on the shoulders of one teenage boy.........

As for the romance thing, sure most of his work has it, but yeah it does get pushed aside for his more ambitious storytelling.
Old 2008-08-21, 12:42   Link #584
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

I like the manga more than the anime... everything seems to make more sense and more serious. But i cannot stay as long as watching animes.... no matter how good the mangas are they make me sleepy really soon =(
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 15:13   Link #585
Asaforever
I am NOT bored!!!

well, i tooked a day off to watch the entire anime in one piece and i dont regret it.
i jsut hope they gonna make season 2 asap.
Asaforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 15:21   Link #586
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

I started with the anime months ago, and liked it... at first..
The opening's cool and Aya is one of my favourite manga/anime girls so far.. just look at her socks!

Then.. the flashback startet... and it became rather boring.. it went on for several episodes... and then the flashback in the flashback started which also went on for several episodes and was even worse. Then, after they were finally over the show suddenly ended.. and with that my interest in it.

But now after those months i think i should give the manga a try.
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 06:23   Link #587
Kakita Mitsuhide
Team Crane Duelist

Send a message via MSN to Kakita Mitsuhide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asaforever View Post
well, i tooked a day off to watch the entire anime in one piece and i dont regret it.
i jsut hope they gonna make season 2 asap.
There going to do a second season What, where, when? I've seen all the eps, including the OVA that went with the series. Mind you, I've been getting the manga's, and there a lot better.
Kakita Mitsuhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 07:17   Link #588
ritalman

Send a message via MSN to ritalman
He was just hoping for a second season, like we all do...

Still no news about that as far as I know.
ritalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 16:31   Link #589
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Didn't the anime end?
I'm pretty sure it did with the OVA....
I know the manga is still ongoing, or at least it keeps on past the anime...
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 22:55   Link #590
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
Didn't the anime end?
I'm pretty sure it did with the OVA....
I know the manga is still ongoing, or at least it keeps on past the anime...
The anime just stopped, the manga is farther but it's all about Nagi's inner 'power'

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 04:39   Link #591
YouMightHaveAIDS

I never understood the Japanese obsession with flashbacks (it seems in every damn anime, there's always a bunch of flashback episodes, but this series just overdoes it).

But... it has lots of unrealistically hot women and violence, so it's cool by me.
YouMightHaveAIDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 16:54   Link #592
ritalman

Send a message via MSN to ritalman
Well, it all depends on how the flashback is handled and what information it conveys.
Flashbacks of already seen material (even sometimes in the same episode) is most of the time considered as filler.

In TT's case it provides a huge background to the story so it's really a nice way to tell a story. For the anime, there's almost more story taking place in the past than in the present with the former having direct impacts on the latter. Can't really be left out.

Now could it have been Season 1 = the past, time skip, Season 2 = the present... meh I don't think so.
ritalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 11:03   Link #593
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritalman View Post
Well, it all depends on how the flashback is handled and what information it conveys.
Flashbacks of already seen material (even sometimes in the same episode) is most of the time considered as filler.

In TT's case it provides a huge background to the story so it's really a nice way to tell a story. For the anime, there's almost more story taking place in the past than in the present with the former having direct impacts on the latter. Can't really be left out.

Now could it have been Season 1 = the past, time skip, Season 2 = the present... meh I don't think so.
The TT flashback arc was really good, better than the "present" arc, if you ask me. And I liked how it was done. If it had been done with season 1 as the flashback, then I would have a hard time caring about Shin and an even harder time caring about Nagi when he was finally introduced.

BTW, does the manga have a flashback arc?
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 18:35   Link #594
holyman282

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
The TT flashback arc was really good, better than the "present" arc, if you ask me. And I liked how it was done. If it had been done with season 1 as the flashback, then I would have a hard time caring about Shin and an even harder time caring about Nagi when he was finally introduced.

BTW, does the manga have a flashback arc?
Yes definitely truth is the anime followed the manga almost to the dot which off course included the very very very long flashback arc which i really really hated both in the manga and the anime...
Old 2008-09-25, 19:09   Link #595
Mirae

I liked Tenjho Tenge, but unfortunately the English version of the manga was horribly butchered imo so I will not be buying more of those. Too bad, I liked the flashback arc (got only a little further than that) and I hate how I won't find out how the story will go now. ; ;
Old 2008-10-05, 03:53   Link #596
Berserker

I enjoyed this show, especially the past arc. Though, I still think Mitsuomi can kick Maya's ass. I mean, in episode 10 he takes her out in one hit. I loved that!

There was quite a lot of face-slapping in this show. Maya receives two of them.
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 19:24   Link #597
Pengu

I have only watched 8 episodes so far, but do like the animation, the fight scenes
and a few characters.

But the story and most characters are just awful.
2 streetpunks who live just to beat the crap out of everyone and everything
turns out the stupid hollow and weak and gets their ass beaten badly.

Still for some stupid reason this girl Aya falls in love at 1st sight and wants to marry one of these streetpunks just like that. How pathetic can it be???

All this stupidity makes me care very little for any of the characters except maybe
Maya and Masataka who seems honest enough.

The rest are just so damn sleezy and pathetic. Nice fight scenes and animation though
Pengu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 21:21   Link #598
Pengu

After watching almost the complete show I must say I got much better with th "past arc". Finally it got a story and you got an understanding for most characters. But most importantly, as little of the street punks and that megabimbo
Aya.

Their point in the anime seems useless for me. 2 punks with 1 braincell each
fighting everyone suddenly runs into people stronger than them and then for no reason at all some good looking bimbo falls in love at 1st sight with one of the stupidest loosers ever. That start made for a good C movie at best.

But thankfully I was spared from their inclusion for much of the show.
A very good anime if you try to forget those characters.
Pengu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 05:37   Link #599
KimmyChan

I have all 6 volumes of the Tenjho Tenge anime on DVD

I quite surprised myself as to how much I actually enjoyed this series
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 19:43   Link #600
grenudo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pengu View Post
I have only watched 8 episodes so far, but do like the animation, the fight scenes
and a few characters.

But the story and most characters are just awful.
2 streetpunks who live just to beat the crap out of everyone and everything
turns out the stupid hollow and weak and gets their ass beaten badly.

Still for some stupid reason this girl Aya falls in love at 1st sight and wants to marry one of these streetpunks just like that. How pathetic can it be???

All this stupidity makes me care very little for any of the characters except maybe
Maya and Masataka who seems honest enough.

The rest are just so damn sleezy and pathetic. Nice fight scenes and animation though
dude u watch the 8 episodes and telling us all this BS about the anime

1: watch all the episode - aya love him couz she can see the future and the past and she see something about nagi thats why she start to care about him couz in the manga she tell that he give her power and in the past 400 year there was aya and nagi too that fight together and love each over

watch it all then start comment pls
grenudo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, romance, seinen