Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2016-09-21, 13:50   Link #301
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
There's not really enough in the flashback arc to make a full season (even a short, 10 episode season), and if they combined it in a season with whatever comes after the flashback arc, it would make for a disjointed narrative, which would almost certainly have to either be padded out to two cours, or rushed and skipped into one. This way, they can do the flashback movie, and then whenever the 3rei manga is finished, they can do the final 3rei season, picking up after the movie.
There's enough for a 10 episode season. Alas

Spoiler for vaguecontentexpectations:
Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-21, 15:07   Link #302
Wandering Soul

A movie does seem like the best solution. They don't have to add any unnecessary fluff to fill up a season and they can handle the pacing better.
Old 2016-09-21, 16:43   Link #303
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Dresden View Post
There's enough for a 10 episode season. Alas

Spoiler for vaguecontentexpectations:
Agreed on the spoiler portion, but that would also shorten the amount of adaptation that results, because of all the action. The flashback arc only covers 13 chapters of manga to begin with, so there's no way they could extend that to 10 episodes without a lot of padding, and frankly, I don't trust SL to make up that padding. They've already made it clear that they have problems identifying the parts of the story that they need to put their best efforts into...
Old 2016-09-21, 18:14   Link #304
ReddyRedWolf

Given that Julian said that they've been found out and Erika saying Tanaka's arrow of flame is the World's judgement on Counterfeits like them adds more to the theory Tanaka is a Counterforce sent by the World.

As to how it is able to erase the Mud.
http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Reality_Marble
Quote:
The World constantly attempts to crush the unnatural bounded fields, as they are not created by spiritual beings, meaning that it costs a great deal of magical energy to construct one and keep it stabilized.
Julian as Darius keeps talking about creating his Legend or Epic I have feeling he wants to replace the World with his inner reality. Thus a fake. The World won't take a liking to that.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-21, 23:42   Link #305
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Woven Miracles

Finished Prisma * Illya 3rei season today and now makes to four the total number of shows that I've concluded for this season that's ending.

What to say?
Spoiler:

It really was sound of me to rewatch this season's finale episode to make sense with the flow of events. Aside from that, I personally think the cliffhanger suits the calm after the storm with Miyu's Shirou about to explain what's happening in the other world (a.k.a. Miyu's world).

This season gave an air of freshness to the franchise moving the setting right into Miyu's home world and delving into her backstory details.
I also want to know more on others like Tanaka, and if Gil-kun is going to return in any form or capacity even though he got back his card (a.k.a. his other self).
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-22, 02:37   Link #306
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I think the whole 'counterforce' theory has some credibility, but I think it's weird. I wouldn't think the counterforce to be so.... overt. Not to mention the fact that she would have been way more efficient were she to remember things more clearly. Why would an almighty force of nature flub like that?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-22, 03:15   Link #307
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I think the whole 'counterforce' theory has some credibility, but I think it's weird. I wouldn't think the counterforce to be so.... overt. Not to mention the fact that she would have been way more efficient were she to remember things more clearly. Why would an almighty force of nature flub like that?
CF, even Alaya's side, usually fixes things by literally murdering everything in vicinity. If that is not overt, I don't know what is. And that's Alaya's side. Gaia is nowhere near as reasonable.

Tanaka most likely was somehow damaged or something. If she is from gaia it also makes a lot of sense for her to be "faulty" if gaia itself is on brink of death.
Old 2016-09-22, 03:32   Link #308
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Yeah that doesn't really fly with me. What I mean is, normally if they "murder everything in the vicinity", things look like a natural disaster. That's rather covert, if I ask me.
Old 2016-09-22, 03:34   Link #309
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
The World in this reality is dying and this is scraping the barrel most likely.

In Fate Capsule the World contracted with Rin of all people as a heroic spirit Counterforce to get rid of those pesky Holy Grail Wars. In exchange she gets her financial debt reduced per mission.
Old 2016-09-22, 03:43   Link #310
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

Quote:
Yeah that doesn't really fly with me. What I mean is, normally if they "murder everything in the vicinity", things look like a natural disaster. That's rather covert, if I ask me.
That's a metaphor to describe the extent and size of damage. They come into location, They erase the whole location. They leave with nothing but craters and death left in their wake.
They don't really MAKE it look like natural disaster. Its just the only way it can be explained in real world. They are natural disaster in a sense of being a natural phenomenon that destroys everything in it's wake without picking and choosing. And again, that describes Alaya side, which is more humane, instead of insane inhuman logic gaia uses.
Old 2016-09-22, 04:00   Link #311
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukulelembo View Post
I was f*cking call it! Remember? Everything went exactly as I was saying.
And now here it is in black and white. Flashback arc as movie! And here is first trailer:

This basically fill space within next year, and buy time for manga which will be on around 22 chapters by summer 2018. And thus next season (and possibly really last one) has free way.
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Zero.

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-22, 04:35   Link #312
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernietheracefan View Post
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Zero.
Don't you mean Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Zero Alter?

This is the Miyuverse, remember? The non-Alter Zero will be the eventual Kerry/Iri flashback we'll be getting eventually. Probably in 4ier.

As for the episode, like I thought, they should have ended this series with the walk "home", ideally post-credits, and should have ended the previous episode somewhere around where Gil got his groove back. That would have allowed for better pacing for the previous episode, since what we got of the remainder of the fight in this one (minus flashbacks to stuff in the previous episode that should have been in this one, like Gil's "two Grails" line) was just about what I thought they should have done, pacing-wise. There really wasn't much left to it after last episode. Though honestly, the QUALITY of the previous episode is still what bugs me most...

Not sure why the rush to get right up to the start of the flashback, especially considering the overly explanatory anime-only "I'll get you next time, Gadget!" monologue by Julian they shoehorned in. You just know the first 15 minutes of the movie is going to cover most—if not all—of what happened between the fight and that point. They have to set up the present time framing device that they'll be going back to after the flashback (which we'll see again at the beginning of 3rei Herz), and any excuse for loli bath sequences, right?
Old 2016-09-22, 06:17   Link #313
Yamada II

Episode 12

Even Excalibaaaah wasn't enough to kill all those muck heroic spirits so Tanaka lends a hand quite literally lol. The animation on Illya going towards the source of all the muck was cool. And Erica grows up quite fast. She instantly turns from a loli into a full grown bishoujo.

Before leaving, Gil tells Julian that one Holy Grail isn't enough to fulfill his dream so he'd need another one to "save the world". And he realizes this when Erica is unable to open up whatever she was to open. And they also realize who Tanaka really is, some force or something sent to defeat the counterfeiters. And somehow it appears that Julian knows that Illya is also a Holy Grail vessel because in the end he says that he will use Illya and Miyu. When did he know this?

And then they all go to the Emiya household of this parallel world which happens to be a big mansion. Lol Tanaka's hand going wild and touching weird places. We get some of the usual comedy here which was missing for the past couple of episodes. And Miyu goes into imouto mode lol. Illya gets to see a side of Miyu unknown to her before.

This season was quite good. Better than the previous seasons although it had the most disappointing episode ever in terms of visual quality. Liked all that Gilgamesh time. That bastard sure was a mysterious kid who never really showed his true self or much of anything he knew. He knew a lot of stuff but never told everything. Illya had to make a big decision of whether to save the world or her friend and she showed her little childish selfishness which is perfectly normal for a loli her age. What I got out of this part was that Illya's reason for wanting to save Miyu and the world, i.e wanting everything, was simply her selfishness as a llittle kid and nothing else. When someone else wants everything there is usually some big reason or whatever. Illya's desire to want to save everyone is the desire of a girl who has only had happiness so far and has been thrown into dangerous situations so she wants her happiness back. Or whatever. Anyway, this season had a more serious tone than the prequels mainly because the situation is also dangerous as Miyu has been kidnapped and is about to be used like a tool. We get to know more about Miyu here but it's still less and more should be revealed in the next arc. Can't wait for Fate/loli the Movie.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-22, 09:15   Link #314
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Dresden View Post
That's a metaphor to describe the extent and size of damage. They come into location, They erase the whole location. They leave with nothing but craters and death left in their wake.
They don't really MAKE it look like natural disaster. Its just the only way it can be explained in real world. They are natural disaster in a sense of being a natural phenomenon that destroys everything in it's wake without picking and choosing. And again, that describes Alaya side, which is more humane, instead of insane inhuman logic gaia uses.
Well it's just, in the UBW anime during Archer's flashbacks, he can be seen sniping people from out of sight. Sending an amnesiac girl in a pair of bloomers to make friends with everyone and then have her hand become a giant sword for someone else to use doesn't really make much sense. You don't really stay hidden like that.
Old 2016-09-22, 12:23   Link #315
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Very good finale. A lot of laughs and heart-warming moments in the 2nd half and adding to it with Shirou mentioning his simple wish for Miyu has been granted. I also enjoyed Lillya's Excalibur and solo owning with Tanaka's "sword" near the beginning. I'm a sucker for when the OP plays during an episode.

My favorite parts were Illya & Kuro getting felt up by Tanaka's hand and listening in on Miyu and Shirou's conversation. Made for some hilarious and cute moments. Especially with Miyu's reaction... so cute.

Nice that they're doing a movie for Shirou & Miyu's story. It was amusing seeing Maita tweet "Prisma Shirou....?" with the movie announcement.

I wonder when it'll air...
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-22, 12:25   Link #316
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Well it's just, in the UBW anime during Archer's flashbacks, he can be seen sniping people from out of sight. Sending an amnesiac girl in a pair of bloomers to make friends with everyone and then have her hand become a giant sword for someone else to use doesn't really make much sense. You don't really stay hidden like that.
As said Alaya contracted Rin of all people to get rid of Holy Grail War as TOHSAKA. The city where the grail war happens is usually destroyed.

So either Tanaka is either like the known Counter Guardians of Alaya or Counter Force such as True Ancestors of Gaia. For all we know Tanaka is a Type along the lines of Crimson Moon. Arcueid is female clone version of Crimson Moon and is speculated as Archetype Earth can melt the North and South Poles while playing with continents as pinballs. FYI Crimson is a celestial body that contracted with the World.
Old 2016-09-22, 14:58   Link #317
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

I'd be wary of taking anything in Capsule Servant as being remotely canon, unless you really think that "The World" talks to its contractees via floating obelisk, a la SEELE.
Old 2016-09-22, 15:38   Link #318
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

Quote:
Thats an anime flashback. I would not take anything off it as in anyway part of what actually happens. Whoever directed or wrote the episode wanted to "show" the things that REALLY did not need to be shown, so they did it that way. Its has become a meme for a reason.

Counter Guardians don't go sniping people. They sure as hell don't go around sniping ISIS terrorists with bows. A disaster happens, they are summoned and they eradicate everything in vicinity to prevent the situation. They don't separate good from evil or guilty from innocent. They just destroy everything preventing any sort of escalation of situation and they are empowered by Alaya to be able to do so...Some country's dictator gains access to nuclear weapon and could ptotential start a nuclear war? A counter guardian would thus erase that country completely, even if there were people uninvolved. To put in perspective, they prevent the necrosis of the body by cutting off an arm. A 100% ensured survival of the human species leaves no margin for error or mercy.

I mean, that's literally
Spoiler for UBW character motivation spoiler:

Even in FSN HF
Spoiler for HF slight spoiler:

When Alaya wants to be subtle, it does not send Counter Guardians. It influences probabilities into what one could call "fate" or "karma".
Spoiler for KNK and FSN:
. Sending CGs is THE "nuke everything" option.

Also wrong side of CF. Alaya still operates within human logic even if that logic is cold emotionless and does not factor in good or evil. Gaia is just...Gaia. Gaia does not do subtle. In fact from everything in the very extensive nasuverse lore, it most likely has like few dozens of "nuke all humans!" options.

If Ainsworth motivation of humanity's survival is true, Alaya would have no interest in stopping them. Gaia on other hand would. And since Gaia is supposedly slowly dying in Miyu's earth, that would explain why Tanaka is so wonky, has no memory and functions at random intervals having to recharge by sleeping(?). Because the thing that supplies her the power is slowly dying.

Last edited by Harry Dresden; 2016-09-22 at 15:59.
Old 2016-09-22, 18:33   Link #319
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Again you miss the point I'm trying to make. Tanaka isn't erasing Japan from the map. She is making friends with people and helping them fight.
Old 2016-09-23, 03:08   Link #320
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

I am not missing your point. I literally wrote about that in the last paragraph.

Tags
magical girl spinoff, prisma illya drei