AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-07-22, 03:54   Link #1
Oppius
Banned

Old educational games...

I remember the good old educational games when I was a kid.They are awesome and better than most other games in that time.You may knew some of them.

I don't know what the title is but I do remember its looks.It is a game about tour in an airport with a flying insect named "Buzzy" or "Fuzzy" as your guide.He is not as annoying as many mascots today but he do give you some good informations when you clicked him.It was more like an interactive dictionary/book than a game which almost every objects in this game are interactive such as when you clicked a person he/she will make a joke.If you clicked a a helicopter,it will fly in funny ways.They are interactive in funny ways,as far as I know.It also has "question" symbol and click an object with it for better informations about it.Tired seeing everything in there? You can play some mini-games such as baggage-and-conveyor belts,coloring sketches and many more that I cannot remember.It was one of earlies games made for Windows 95,as far as I know.

I also played many interactive storybooks and I cannot remember most of them.The one of them is Just Me And Grandma.It was about a little critter go to a beach vacation with his grandmother.It was similiar as the game I mentioned above but it was more like a storybook.

There a few games about English and Math but I dunno their titles.It was "hosted" by a boxy blue robot.The math one about capturing a computer virus by sorrounding it.The virus eat all microchips and you have stop it.Click a microchip and a math question appear for you to answer.If you give the right answer,three robots appear to sorround the virus.You need summon more robots to capture it but if the virus ate too many microchips, you lose.The English one pretty much the same but it was a city instead a computer world and you need to capture a giant alien which eat buildings.Just like the math one,the gameplay very much the same but questions about grammars and dictionary instead of maths.If the alien ate too many buildings,you lose.

That's I can remember for now.I will add more if I can dug more memories inside my brain.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 11:15   Link #2
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Hey now, nothing beats Mario Teaches Typing. The first stage had you typing letters to progress through the overworld, the second stage had you typing words to get through the water, and the third stage made you type whole sentences to get through Bowser's Castle. Unfortunately no matter how long I played Bowser's Castle never seemed to end.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 16:27   Link #3
arcadeplayer987

Unfortunately those games seems to be dead
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 00:22   Link #4
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Anyone remember super solvers? I loved gizmos and gadgets!
Old 2007-07-23, 00:34   Link #5
Oppius
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Anyone remember super solvers? I loved gizmos and gadgets!
Yeah! I love that game game too.It was about a faceless boy who look like most today's bishoujo game protagonists.He builds vehicles from stuffs he found in three warehouses.He later used the vehicles to defeat a crazy scientist who was named as "Morty".Thanks for reminding me that old game.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 00:36   Link #6
DanielSong39

Oregon Trail! I loved the challenge; the chances of dying were very real and the hunting was way cool.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 01:47   Link #7
Robotnik
Not a member

I don't remember too much about actually playing them, but the Carmen Sandiego games should count; I'm tempted to call the original Police Quest an educational game, since I remember having to learn and follow a lot of procedures, like checking your vehicle and equipment before leaving the station.
Robotnik is offline   Reply With Quote