AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-04-10, 10:15   Link #461
bb10

I hope I don't break any rules or anything by posting this, please remove it if I am. Also if I offend the original artist (Takumy), please feel free to remove this pic. I have adjusted the colored picture to look a bit more like the sketch.

I'm not good at art, but I've tried the best I can. I used paint.NET to modify it.

EDIT by Mod: Removed per original author's request

Last edited by Pellissier; 2008-04-12 at 11:10. Reason: Pic removed per original author's request
bb10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 10:40   Link #462
Takumy
Vector Queen

OK.. i know you are all trying to help .. but this is my art... GUYS!!.. this is my style .. if you don't like it please say so .. is fine... But don't go and modify my deviation without asking me first ... All the hard work is done for you ... is offensive to the artist ... U know what.. I will delete the picture myself .... I don't want to hear anymore of this nonsense .. I have heard enough ... from disgusting to is this for april's fools .. it looks nothing like her... (take a look at all the drawings guys... Kairin does not look the same in none of them ) .. I've never been more offended in my life!!! .. I have taken criticism .. but never impolite remarks nor comments .. I appreciate all the people that did like it and where very nice to me and truely know that art is more than one manga style...

If u desire to see it .. is at Devianart.com .. www.Takumy.deviantart.com

Thank you for making me feel so welcome .....

and for the others .. Thank you for making me feel like i never want to come back..

Last edited by Takumy; 2008-04-12 at 10:53.
Takumy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 16:36   Link #463
N.L

Ok, I have a few things I would like to say to Takumy: do you want to be great artist? Then tuffen up! When you put your artwork for a public display EVERY ONE will criticize your pictures. For every new fan you will get at least the bouble amount of haters - that's how the world works. You can't whine about how mean everybody is; listen to - or in this case - read the comments with contructive criticism, think about them and if you don't agree then you don't have to.

Don't be so dramatic. It does not suit someone who's supposed to grow and learn as an artist. But if you're gonna keep on acting like that - then don't come back.

And no, I am not angry or trying to be mean, just honest.
N.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 18:30   Link #464
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.L View Post
Ok, I have a few things I would like to say to Takumy: do you want to be great artist? Then tuffen up!
+1

I sometimes have to pull out the pliers and start crushing toes just to get someone to give me an honest critique on one of my writings. Having someone point out, in detail, what they like and dislike about one of your works is the kind of feedback artists kill for. Don't waste it.
Yes, some people were a bit rude. People are rude everywhere you go. Take it personally and you'll end up with a nervous breakdown.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 20:59   Link #465
nissie

Takumy, just remember that there will always be 'tards who can't see how much effort and heart goes into each drawing an artist makes. Also, realize how much controversy you stirred up with a single image! You've got a lot o power in that hand yours to effect people so much. Getting a negative reaction may sometimes be better than no reaction at all. ^__^ Of course, my words are only meant to be encouraging.

Um, I decided to doodle another Kairin fanart, this time as a school girl (she's wearing the Lucky Star uniform). Please enjoy! (sorry it's so big.)
nissie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 08:43   Link #466
Takumy
Vector Queen

Dear Nissie .. Your kairin is beautiful .. I guess u r right!.. The people needs to know that even do we are artist and accept criticism .. it doesn't mean we are not human .. words do hurt us.. I mean u can disagree .. or say that u don't like it.. Or like some comments .. I think the nose is to low or something is weird with her eyes.. I accept it.. cause they can see something i missed ..
But to go as far as calling an image disgusting is just plain mean..

Thank you for your kind words.. keep the good work.. i see a lot of potential in your drawings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb10 View Post
I hope I don't break any rules or anything by posting this, please remove it if I am. Also if I offend the original artist (Takumy), please feel free to remove this pic. I have adjusted the colored picture to look a bit more like the sketch.

I'm not good at art, but I've tried the best I can. I used paint.NET to modify it.

EDIT by Mod: Removed per original author's request
I apologize for taking the pic down .. i guess i got mad because i wasnt asked first .. But i do like your modifications .. makes it a little more animeish ..

Thanks... U can post it again ... ... Actually i want it back .. ^___^ ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.L View Post
Ok, I have a few things I would like to say to Takumy: do you want to be great artist? Then tuffen up! When you put your artwork for a public display EVERY ONE will criticize your pictures. For every new fan you will get at least the bouble amount of haters - that's how the world works. You can't whine about how mean everybody is; listen to - or in this case - read the comments with contructive criticism, think about them and if you don't agree then you don't have to.

Don't be so dramatic. It does not suit someone who's supposed to grow and learn as an artist. But if you're gonna keep on acting like that - then don't come back.

And no, I am not angry or trying to be mean, just honest.
U R totaly right! ... maybe i should critic some of your art ... post something i would love to see your drawings ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
+1

I sometimes have to pull out the pliers and start crushing toes just to get someone to give me an honest critique on one of my writings. Having someone point out, in detail, what they like and dislike about one of your works is the kind of feedback artists kill for. Don't waste it.
Yes, some people were a bit rude. People are rude everywhere you go. Take it personally and you'll end up with a nervous breakdown.
Thank you ... Yes it is true. ... ^__^ if i look back at all the negative criticism .. i would be in a loony bin ... LOOOL ... Thanks for your comment .. ^__~

Last edited by NightWish; 2008-04-14 at 10:25. Reason: we like to avoid consecutive posts from the same user ^_^
Old 2008-04-14, 09:48   Link #467
bb10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumy View Post
I apologize for taking the pic down .. i guess i got mad because i wasnt asked first .. But i do like your modifications .. makes it a little more animeish ..

Thanks... U can post it again ... ... Actually i want it back .. ^___^ ...
Aww.. thats sweet of you. I do have to apologize for not asking first though.

I was actually gonna remove it from my hard drive but I hadn't gotten to it yet, I'll post it up in a second.

Made a few adjustments

Edit: Images removed because the external hosting service was "upgraded" in Jan 2014.
This means the images were deleted. What remained here would only serve as an advert so has been removed.

Last edited by NightWish; 2014-11-13 at 09:06. Reason: post the picture
bb10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 03:42   Link #468
naskatgrape

Ya know, I've been checking out this thread and sometimes the comments do get really harsh. It takes a lot of time and effort for an artist to create artwork (well, unless they swipe) and I thought this was a thread to post fan images of Kairin and enjoy and share work. Art is always subjective - not all people will like the work you do, nor will you like all art that you see. If one really feels the need to critique they should provide useful feedback as to how an image can be improved - it's always easy to just say that you just don't like something - but if you don't give constructive feedback the comment is not only unhelpful but ends up just being hurtful. This sort of environment is especially bad for beginner artists since they tend to get intimidated or discouraged easily. Worst case they will stop coming here or not want to draw anymore. I think people can be more critical if the artists are getting paid to make all these images but hey, it's fan art. The fans draw Kairin because they want to, for fun and the visitors come to see more Kairin. Why not keep it an enjoyable place? Most importantly you have to respect the moderator that makes the decision as to what is placed up on the front page too, right?

I think Takumy's image is very beautiful and you can really tell that a lot of work went into it. Good job!

It's also not really nice to make assumptions about an aritst as well. I am currently a professional artist and am a Japanese that was raised in Japan. I've been drawing anime style for a very very long time and copying is against my policy. ;3
naskatgrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 13:52   Link #469
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

@nissie: Nice I like the face --- the eyes are especially well done. SHe's very cute. Well done. The only thing I see wrong is the lines are not really smooth throughout, especially the hair, where it's most noticable. But don't take this too harshly. It's better than anything I could ever draw.

@bb10: Wow, that is just too cool. The style reminds me Mononoke. I don't have any criticisms, because I seriously can't see anything wrong with it. Looking, looking.... nope, I can't find anything.

For the record, constructive criticism is absolutely necessary. It is the only way we noob artists (in my case, GD) improve. If you don't want your stuff to be criticized on some level, don't post it. It's common sense. Frankly, I would rather get negative comments than all good comments or no comments.
Old 2008-04-27, 22:37   Link #470
nissie

@Spectacular_Insanity: Don't worry. I take criticisms pretty well. Yeah, I noticed some of those lines are kinda wiggly. I drew it with my wacom tablet in Photoshop, so I don't get any cool vectors to smooth my lines. I'll consider smoothing them out a bit if I make a version 2 or something.
Old 2008-05-15, 11:54   Link #471
Erroll

I'm posting this for you Takumy in the hopes that you won't let comments that have no merit beyond opinion bring you down.

I have a friend that's an art teacher and has also done some work for a major motion picture look at your art This is a direct quote.

"I think they're both beautiful. The sketch is more whimsical though, which happens a lot when you use illustrator to colour something. The lips look slightly better in the sketch but I like what the robe looks like in the finished picture. It's very pretty."

Now that's a comment from someone who's qualified to give artistic critiques.

As for my unqualified opinion, I love it! I think it's the best interpretation of Karin yet and I hope you'll keep working and keep improving your technique. Just because you didn't do it 'their way' doesn't mean you did it wrong.
Erroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 14:18   Link #472
Panopticon

Takumy, your Kairin was the first one I'd seen before, so I guess I have a pretty fresh perspective as far as your style and ability are concerned. My first impression was the style, while informed by Anime and Manga, wasn't slavishly devoted to those styles. I felt I was looking at the work of an original artist, skilled enough to impart some of their personality into the piece. I came to this thread to see the full piece of work and was well rewarded. I really have enjoyed it overall, and over that, the drawing is permanently associated with my first encounter with this site in general. This Kairin will always pop up in my mind when I think of AnimeSuki from now on.

The only real criticism that I have is that I think the way you chose to light your character added an unintended harshness.

And to anyone that thinks "disgusting" can be used critically except in the most extreme cases, they've got a lot to learn about what is acceptable in criticism. That term and ones like it are "fightin' words," make no mistake there. If you use that kind of sentiment in a criticism don't be surprised when the discussion takes a heated turn. Words like disgusting should be reserved to describe pools of vomit or the like. I don't think anyone in their right mind could ever make a sane argument that your version of Kairin falls into this category, Takumy. The internet is full of tiny minded people who for whatever reason love to throw venom and tear things down. I can't stand for it and I've seen a disturbing trend where these people find protection under the term criticism. In criticism all the rules of polite society still apply, perhaps even more so. If you cannot or are unable to take the time and energy to render your criticism in a constructive way, then you are incapable of criticism. Sorry if I'm late to the party with this position.

This seems to be a wonderful community, so perhaps my little rant is over the top for this site. The comment just seemed to create a distressing atmosphere and I don't think that is something Takumy deserves.
Panopticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-17, 10:31   Link #473
ahvat

Send a message via AIM to ahvat
I'm also an artist and I don't think im good enough for going where to pros are yet. but it would be nice for me to experience it. I checked out acoupe of random artist in this forum. Every artist has potential, and giving up being and Artist is up to you. There will always be criticism no matter what. Keep up the good work and keep practicing. I'm doing it now its been years I haven't posted up or update my art because of practicing. AND DONT STROKE TOO HARD WITH THAT PEN/PENCIL.

fell free to check me out
ahvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-19, 14:20   Link #474
nissie

I decided to fixed up my school girl Kairin drawing and figured I might as well change her outfit for a more summery look (in reality I didn't really change much other than color, sleeves and some wiggly lines). Enjoy~!

Old 2008-05-20, 03:01   Link #475
Xinio

I got bored so i went and colored this.

Edit: Images removed because the external hosting service was "upgraded" in Jan 2014.
This means the images were deleted. What remained here would only serve as an advert so has been removed.

Last edited by NightWish; 2014-11-13 at 09:07.
Xinio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 04:39   Link #476
N.L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroll View Post
I'm posting this for you Takumy in the hopes that you won't let comments that have no merit beyond opinion bring you down.

I have a friend that's an art teacher and has also done some work for a major motion picture look at your art This is a direct quote.

"I think they're both beautiful. The sketch is more whimsical though, which happens a lot when you use illustrator to colour something. The lips look slightly better in the sketch but I like what the robe looks like in the finished picture. It's very pretty."

Now that's a comment from someone who's qualified to give artistic critiques.

As for my unqualified opinion, I love it! I think it's the best interpretation of Karin yet and I hope you'll keep working and keep improving your technique. Just because you didn't do it 'their way' doesn't mean you did it wrong.
You know what they say: if you can't make it as an artist, you become a teacher. :P No, what I really want to say is: NO ONES OPINION IS UNQUALIFIED. That's right. And just because your friend is an art teacher, with some experience, does not mean that his or her opinion weighs any more than ours. I had an art teacher a while ago that worked with major companies, but seriously, he was a complete ass; totally crazy. And he truly taught me that you don't need to work with big companies or twenty years of experience to decide what's art and what's not, what's good and what's bad.

And it sounds like your friend just gave Takumy the same critique as every one else. "Nice robe, mouth looks better on the scetch." To me it sounds like he or she is just trying to be nice. :P

Now, I would like to give you all my honest opinion and tell you guys what I Really think.. I would suggest that Takumy shuts her eyes and skips this post.

Ready?

I fellt absolutely nothing for her picture. I think it's soulless, flat, boring and looks very amateurish. She gave the clothes nice details, yes, and that might be a smart way to lure away the attention from the shadowing and the hair - which are both really awfully and sloppy made. The fingers look really akward too. It looks like, to me, that she just did a little "photoshop-magic" on it. (What surprises me is when some of you say that this is the best Kairin - have you not seen the picture of Kairin in the bath? That's a freakin' good picture..)

Well, there you have it.. This will probably upset some of you, but it's about time that the girl got some goddamn honesty. (If she dared to read it. :P) And even the people, like myself, who do not appreciate this piece have the right to an opinion - and the right to express it.

(I do not claim to be better than anyone else, and I'm not saying she should quit. I'm not angry, frustrated or trying to be mean. Just so that there wont be any misunderstandings..)
Old 2008-05-29, 04:03   Link #477
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I cant draw.. well, I can, but not that efficient as some of you here.. Nor am I good with photoshop either.. so I have to ask for opinion.. A shopped pic based on T2's Cerestia..

>_<!

Original

Passable for Kairin?
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 16:04   Link #478
Takumy
Vector Queen

Thank you ^__^ my friend.. you are too kind.. ^_____^
Old 2008-05-30, 16:12   Link #479
Takumy
Vector Queen

Thanks for your honest opinion of my kairin pic.. and no there is no photoshop magic is all done in illustrator CS2 .. Iknow im not the best and yes i have a long way to go .. illustrator pics are always flat .. and i muself sometimes feel like the drawing doesnt have a soul .. true true.. but when i like it .. I like it ^__^ and that is all that matters ..

I have seen the bath kairin .. that kairin is very beautiful .. but it was dont either in painter or photoshop working with the original sketch .. makes it more warmth feeling looking .. true ^__^ .. I will get better at Illustrator ... but dont tell me that my sketch looks souless cause there buddy .. i will fight you to teh death.. LOL . JK .. but anyways.. i know that i kill my drawings with illustrator .. im just not good with photoshop or corel.. that is all..
Old 2008-05-31, 06:17   Link #480
N.L

And that's all that matters. That You are satisfied, Takumy. And maybe you should try another coloring technique? Cos your sketches are much better, and I would like to see some of those feelings that you put there, in the finished pictures.

Have a great summer Takumy, and make sure to draw a lot!

- N.L

Last edited by NightWish; 2008-05-31 at 06:28. Reason: Post Merged; N.B. Typos can be edited away...

Tags
kairin, wiki candidate