AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-18, 00:29   Link #21
Nightt
☠ Lord of the Things ☠
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Nightt
- Itazura na Koss is pretty good. The storyline isn't quite unique but, it shows the married life of a couple and the problems they face.

- Kimi ga Nozomu Eien is epic. Will surely make you cry if Clannad AS made you cry.

- Romeo x Juliet. It's NOT an old anime, just sayin'. Anywho, it doesn't follow Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet thoroughly, but the basic story between the couple's the same. Romance, tragedy, etc. Similar to Clannad AS.
Old 2010-07-18, 00:39   Link #22
Sin of Memories
あなたが忘れられない

Send a message via AIM to Sin of Memories Send a message via MSN to Sin of Memories Send a message via Yahoo to Sin of Memories
I hate tragedy ;_; I wanted something of the same quality as cannad.... Besides Nagisa's death reopened and old wound...
Old 2010-07-18, 00:44   Link #23
Nightt
☠ Lord of the Things ☠
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Nightt
I guess Itazura na kiss might be similar in the comedic/lively aspects of Clannad. It's not sad at all, imo. xD
Old 2010-07-18, 01:08   Link #24
Sin of Memories
あなたが忘れられない

Send a message via AIM to Sin of Memories Send a message via MSN to Sin of Memories Send a message via Yahoo to Sin of Memories
Good.... Clannad After Stories was a great anime but it was too sad for me, although the ending puts the after in happy ever after. Happy endings ^_^
Old 2010-07-18, 12:44   Link #25
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

• Ai Yori Aoshi - Harem, good humor, likable characters
  • Shuffle! - Harem, fantasy, comedy
  • Ah! My Goddess - similar to Shuffle on the fantasy and romance side
  • Love Hina - More of a home than school setting, harem, humor
All of the above I believe fit your criteria of humor, romance, and the silly not so serious side of romance.

Ones previously mentioned that I support for your tastes include Toradora!; Ef, a Tale of Memories; Ef, a Tale of Melodies; Kanon (2006).

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Old 2010-07-18, 13:09   Link #26
Sin of Memories
あなたが忘れられない

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
  • Ai Yori Aoshi - Harem, good humor, likable characters
  • Shuffle! - Harem, fantasy, comedy
  • Ah! My Goddess - similar to Shuffle on the fantasy and romance side
  • Love Hina - More of a home than school setting, harem, humor
All of the above I believe fit your criteria of humor, romance, and the silly not so serious side of romance.

Ones previously mentioned that I support for your tastes include Toradora!; Ef, a Tale of Memories; Ef, a Tale of Melodies; Kanon (2006).
AYA - Thinking of watching it and heard it was good.

Ah! My godess I have seen most of it but stopped watching it a while ago. May get back into watching it again. ^_^ I found it rather enjoyable.

Love Hina I have already seen and was one of my favorites ^_^

Also I am watching Toradora ATM, and I will check out Ef as well. Kanon 2006 I have already watched. It was not as sad as Clannad but it still brought tears to my eyes. Ranked in my top 10.

Shuffle I will check into. + rep
Old 2010-07-18, 14:30   Link #27
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Though it might be a bit hard to recommend something with the same feel as Clannad, i will go ahead and second the aforementioned ef - a Tale of Memories. It has both pretty decent character development and romance that actually goes somewhere, as well as pretty powerful presentation due to the visual aesthetics of the show (which might take some getting used to first, but ultimately enhances the mood when it counts). Also no tragedy that would make you cry seeing that you want to avoid it.
Old 2010-07-18, 14:39   Link #28
Sin of Memories
あなたが忘れられない

Okay awesome. Thank you...

The reason why I want to avoid a tragedy of death is because of my grandmother. Death use not never affect me in anything. Now, it runs through my core with a knife that cuts even the hardest strings in my heart, causing great pain. I actually didn't sleep well for almost 2 nights after watch Clannad After Stories... even though it was a happy ending. I hate that feeling of loss.