AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2010-09-20, 21:49   Link #41
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworn to Believe View Post
It's actually working out surprisingly well-I'll post it when I finish.
Thank you for the work!! I wish I had more melon bread.. But I ran short all of a sudden.... Maybe I ate to much last night....
Old 2010-09-20, 22:13   Link #42
Suomi
Kaiba

You're quite welcome. And no worries I'll make myself some ^-^

Any other requests or ideas anyone?
Old 2010-09-20, 22:16   Link #43
Star-Wing
Covered in Darkness
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Star-Wing
^
Yup! Try a Fullmetal Alchemist one! I want to see what you come up with ^.^ It's a challenge
Old 2010-09-20, 22:37   Link #44
Suomi
Kaiba

Awright!!!
Old 2010-09-20, 22:50   Link #45
Yuno
Balanced Diet

Would you like to try your hand at something for me? I would love to keep the theme of Yosuga no Sora. I am not sure how I might post to you images I like other than Photobucket. However, a simple search through google images seems to merit quite enough ammunition to please my simplistic tastes.
Yuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 06:53   Link #46
Suomi
Kaiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sora Kasugano View Post
Would you like to try your hand at something for me? I would love to keep the theme of Yosuga no Sora. I am not sure how I might post to you images I like other than Photobucket. However, a simple search through google images seems to merit quite enough ammunition to please my simplistic tastes.
Oh I'd love to Sora! =)
Old 2010-09-21, 16:30   Link #47
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sora Kasugano View Post
You can also use imageshack, it seems to be able to fit in the full size of the picture without reducing it
Old 2010-09-21, 17:44   Link #48
Suomi
Kaiba

FMA sig, as suggested by Star

Old 2010-09-21, 17:46   Link #49
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:

Awesome one for Elric! I especially like where his name pops up
Old 2010-09-21, 17:49   Link #50
Suomi
Kaiba

Thanks Hooves. <333 I got creative and thought: "aha! It draws attention to the focus-his hand."

<3333
Old 2010-09-21, 17:51   Link #51
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:

Hmm, pretty cool! Love the text placement

I think you can work on the blending aspect a bit more, too, and IMO the background's too blue, compared to Edward's main colours, which are more like red and yellow. Also, it looks a bit too chaotic with all those wiry thingies (C4D slapped on?), and the lighting's a bit odd. Other than that, pretty good job!
Old 2010-09-21, 17:55   Link #52
Suomi
Kaiba

Thanks Halad.

Blending...oh yes...I tried to work with it but I'm very inexperienced with blending and it just went screwy...

bg...I guess I could try making it red...if such is possible.
The black stuff is just brushing, me trying to make the bg look a little less plain/a little better...I have another version without it...

lighting...again, trying to work with it and it went screwy.
Old 2010-09-21, 17:58   Link #53
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Thanks Halad.

Blending...oh yes...I tried to work with it but I'm very inexperienced with blending and it just went screwy...

bg...I guess I could try making it red...if such is possible.
The black stuff is just brushing, me trying to make the bg look a little less plain/a little better...I have another version without it...

lighting...again, trying to work with it and it went screwy.
I agree that blending's tough, which is why I usually work with smudge sigs where that's easier Next time, I think you can try a variety of less obvious brushes in the bg, and brush both behind and in front of the render which can improve the blending. As for the light, I think a simple brush on with a soft white brush at, I dunno, maybe 200px, above Ed's head can improve things quite a bit
Old 2010-09-21, 18:29   Link #54
Suomi
Kaiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
I agree that blending's tough, which is why I usually work with smudge sigs where that's easier Next time, I think you can try a variety of less obvious brushes in the bg, and brush both behind and in front of the render which can improve the blending. As for the light, I think a simple brush on with a soft white brush at, I dunno, maybe 200px, above Ed's head can improve things quite a bit
I've never tried a smudge sig. I want to, though.

What sort of brushes perhaps? I have a crapload and am going to soon have even more...

And above his head as in behind it, or just to the left or right?
Old 2010-09-21, 18:35   Link #55
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
Hmm, pretty cool! Love the text placement

I think you can work on the blending aspect a bit more, too, and IMO the background's too blue, compared to Edward's main colours, which are more like red and yellow. Also, it looks a bit too chaotic with all those wiry thingies (C4D slapped on?), and the lighting's a bit odd. Other than that, pretty good job!
Halad, you can't say blue doesn't fit Ed. In fact, other than yellow and red, blue would be the next best color .

Nice job Sworn! But generally, you don't want the text right where your focus is, you want it a bit farther off. Also, I like your focal, but to stress it more, you can blur Ed a bit. Really good job on this one
Old 2010-09-21, 19:08   Link #56
Suomi
Kaiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
Halad, you can't say blue doesn't fit Ed. In fact, other than yellow and red, blue would be the next best color .

Nice job Sworn! But generally, you don't want the text right where your focus is, you want it a bit farther off. Also, I like your focal, but to stress it more, you can blur Ed a bit. Really good job on this one
Thanks! As for the text I can move it maybe to the bottom left so it doesn't stray from the left-being-the-focal-direction or whatever.

Just a blur filter on the layer of Ed?
Old 2010-09-21, 20:25   Link #57
Yuno
Balanced Diet

Thank you for such kindness, I am quite amazed at your Edward Elric. I am not very skilled with image manipulation so I am always enthralled by what people can do. I'll look into Imageshack thank you Hooves~ Hopefully I can pick a favourite out of my collection.
Yuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 20:26   Link #58
Star-Wing
Covered in Darkness
*Graphic Designer

That is one AWESOME sig you did. Wow, exponential skills increase overnight? I have to disagree with Halad (no offense meant!)! The blue does go TOTALLY with your sig, especially because of his hand.
The bg rocks too, but it is kinda distracting (a bit only)...just try blurring the bg at the edges with a strength of 50 and near Ed with a strength of 25...blur Ed softly at the edges too.
And disagreeing with Ren (again, no offense meant), the text looks great where it is. Just decrease the size so it fits in his palm

I think the blending needs some work too. And defining a light source But still, it's a GREAT sig <3 I did some alterations to your sig for reference; like where the lightning should be and how much it should be blurred...

Spoiler for reference version:

Mind you, it's REALLY hard to work with sigs without the psd, so the blending isn't well yet. And I am still a beginner too, so...hello partner All I am trying to say is the reference might be totally wrong but that's what I feel is correct and....never mind, my brain's still asleep.

Spoiler for Your version:

Last edited by Star-Wing; 2010-09-21 at 20:47.
Star-Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 20:35   Link #59
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star-Wing View Post
That is one AWESOME sig you did. Wow, exponential skills increase overnight? I have to disagree with Halad (no offense meant!)! The blue does go TOTALLY with your sig, especially because of his hand.
The bg rocks too, but it is kinda distracting (a bit only)...just try blurring the bg at the edges with a strength of 50 and near Ed with a strength of 25...blur Ed softly at the edges too.
And disagreeing with Ren (again, no offense meant), the text looks great where it is. Just decrease the size so it fits in his palm
No offense taken I just felt that the overall sig seemed a bit too blue, but Ed is a hard character to work with when it comes to sig, I have to say. A red or yellow filter makes his coat and hair stand out waay too much, while other colours just don't work sometimes.

I agree with you on the text. It's a cool placement Nice lighting example, too.
Old 2010-09-21, 20:49   Link #60
Star-Wing
Covered in Darkness
*Graphic Designer

^
True, I am avoiding Ed sigs even though I totally LOVE FMAB!!! <33333333333
And thanks

@Sworn I hope you don't mind me calling you Sworn...btw, need your brushes!!