AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-03-01, 09:15   Link #12421
Thth
???

Hmm.. boring chapter, atleast MedakaxKumagawa was settled (just like AjimuxKumagawa).
And lol at anyone believing she will stay dead. Kumagawa even explicitly stated she will come back to boot . It will be something ridiculous I bet...

Spoiler for Wacky:

Last edited by Thth; 2013-03-01 at 09:26. Reason: Random
Thth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 09:18   Link #12422
X3n0gears

I wonder why don't just kumagawa erase the fact that moon exist >_<
X3n0gears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 09:21   Link #12423
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
lol. You are bringing in minor things like panel compositions, and you think that what I wrote was just pointless shipping crap?

My own reasons for shipping Kumagawa x Medaka aren't just for the hell of it, it's based on careful character analysis and the fact that Kumagawa is my favourite character. You'd have to be fucking blind to deny that Kumagawa has consistently had a long and meaningful interest in Medaka, so as one of the few Kumagawa fans who also has zero problems with Medaka, I'm supporting him. The same way as how Nishio explicitly revealed Kumagawa was written as a character who was meant to be supported.

So somehow this chapter where Zenkichi got BookMaker'd before he ever said anything, where Medaka told Kumagawa that it was when fighting against him that she was happiest, where Medaka explicitly says she wants a token of romantic interest from Kumagawa, and then where she dies never to see Zenkichi again, is supposed to be a Zenkichi x Medaka ending? Who's the delusional one here?
That's all well and good but in the same chapter it was stated as platonic love. Hence why I called you delusional. There's no two ways you can spin seeing someone as your little brother, as that automatically disqualifies them as a potential love interest especially when stated to thier face. Those love connotations were platonic much like how Zenkichi confessed to Shiranui, or how he wanted to he Emukae's miso soup etc.

The author could not have made that more obvious. You would have had the smallest of chances had she not said that but she made clear the nature of her platonic love for him. Also the happiness thing she's said to Zenkichi several times, even before the confession and she loves all humans. Medaka pretty much rejected Kumagawa in this chapter, so while you may not consider this a Medaka x Zenkichi end it's even less a Kumagawa x Medaka end.

Medaka she's Zenkichi as her fiance and future husband, she see's kumagawa as her little brother, tell me who would you say she has more romantic feelings for.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 09:27   Link #12424
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

last page of the manga will be similar to this. bookmark this!

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 09:37   Link #12425
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Wha...hmm...I...what?

Ok...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 09:48   Link #12426
KLGChaos
The Shermain

This is quite possibly the most nonsensical and worst written manga chapter I've read, aside from the moment between Kumagawa and Medaka. It just felt completely random and out of place. Not sure how he could even call her human, though, as she's obviously graduated well beyond that.

She probably went back in time and became Ajimu or something.

I think Nishio smoked a bowl or took some acid before writing this chapter... It's not be work of a sober individual. Lol.

Last edited by KLGChaos; 2013-03-01 at 10:58.
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 09:54   Link #12427
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
That's all well and good but in the same chapter it was stated as platonic love. Hence why I called you delusional. There's no two ways you can spin seeing someone as your little brother, as that automatically disqualifies them as a potential love interest especially when stated to thier face. Those love connotations were platonic much like how Zenkichi confessed to Shiranui, or how he wanted to he Emukae's miso soup etc.

The author could not have made that more obvious. You would have had the smallest of chances had she not said that but she made clear the nature of her platonic love for him. Also the happiness thing she's said to Zenkichi several times, even before the confession and she loves all humans. Medaka pretty much rejected Kumagawa in this chapter, so while you may not consider this a Medaka x Zenkichi end it's even less a Kumagawa x Medaka end.

Medaka she's Zenkichi as her fiance and future husband, she see's kumagawa as her little brother, tell me who would you say she has more romantic feelings for.
Didn't I say earlier that there's no reason platonic feelings have to be mutually exclusive to romantic ones? There is no fundamental distinction between "love" and "friendship" in the first place. Regardless of thinking of Kumagawa as a 'little brother', it remains completely possible for either Medaka or Ajimu to be romantically involved with him.

Medaka might've agreed when Zenkichi proposed to her, but she also said she'd be perfectly willing to marry Kumagawa. Are you going to claim that Medaka's attitude towards Kumagawa somehow changed since then? There's no way to paint "I'd marry you" platonically. Acting as if the way Ajimu or Medaka called Kumagawa a 'little brother' ever meant anything has always been completely meaningless.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 10:20   Link #12428
tuckersister

Kumagawa is going to graduate. Wonder what's his graduation gonna be like?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 10:43   Link #12429
silver001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
I'm kinda hoping that Medaka returns to find that Zen has moved on, and has to work to make him love her again.
Reading this chapter gave me the same feeling as playing the last 20 minutes of mass effect 3. The feeling that the ending wont make sense at all.

As a person who started reading this manger primarily to see how medaka and zen would end up, I am thinking now that if they do end up, it would be stupid. I mean she is about to die and she ends up spending more time with her arch enemy and the guy that just killed her a few minutes ago, than with her own fiance who dedicated his whole existence to him. I suppose even medaka hates whipped guys.

With that respect, I think that I agree, It would be better if Zen found someone else during those many months, Medaka was gone, but yeah that wont happen for cleary stupid reasons. added: I feel like Zen should have ended up with Ajimu, since she seem to care more about his success than medaka did.
silver001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 10:45   Link #12430
silver001

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
She probably went back in time or something and became Ajimu or something.
It could support the theory on why Ajimu was zen's girlfriend during middle school and why she went to the trouble of erasing their memories of her during that time period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thth View Post
Spoiler for Wacky:
another way to look at it is that He did not have the power to do it himself so why not past it to someone protected by absolute plot armor.

Last edited by silver001; 2013-03-01 at 10:46. Reason: random
silver001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 11:06   Link #12431
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

So, uh, I guess Styles and Skills are essentially incompatible, right?
That seems to be what I'm taking from this, since no one suggested that they use All Fiction on the Moon or anything... but it's rather annoying that they didn't even think of using it to revive Ajimu.
Also, it was almost a decent chapter, even, but
Spoiler for FUCK YOU NISIO:

You know, I almost hope it ends just so I don't have to read a chapter of bad, illogical storytelling every single week. Seriously.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 11:07   Link #12432
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Didn't I say earlier that there's no reason platonic feelings have to be mutually exclusive to romantic ones? There is no fundamental distinction between "love" and "friendship" in the first place. Regardless of thinking of Kumagawa as a 'little brother', it remains completely possible for either Medaka or Ajimu to be romantically involved with him.

Medaka might've agreed when Zenkichi proposed to her, but she also said she'd be perfectly willing to marry Kumagawa. Are you going to claim that Medaka's attitude towards Kumagawa somehow changed since then? There's no way to paint "I'd marry you" platonically. Acting as if the way Ajimu or Medaka called Kumagawa a 'little brother' ever meant anything has always been completely meaningless.
So precisely what is your argument again? Because honestly it comes down to wishful thinking, and yet you seem to thinking of it as the logical progression of events. I love my mother, father and siblings in a platonic manner that in no way means I'm into incest, This is the same with many adopted siblings the world over what your doing is manipulating events to suit your agenda like all avid shippers do that does not make your agenda the logical course of events. Sure your right but that is a rarity not the norm especially when she has shown to have non platonic feelings for someone else and is marrying that person. Zenkichi confessed to Medaka, Medaka confessed back they actually made preparations towards marriage and everybody saw them as a soon to be married couple. It could not be anymore obvious. Compared to that Kumagawa's "proposal" is damn right worthless

My entire point is that your argument is wishful thinking you just confirmed that. How do you not see this. The only reason this arguement exists because you refuse to believe your wishful thinking is not an unlikely course of events (which it is).
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 11:58   Link #12433
Viridian

Geez, that was Fukurou's final style? And he really is dead after all

After the rest of the arc had been fairly well plotted out, out of nowhere Medaka has to sacrifice herself to save the world? Poor writing, even with Fukurou's "weight of the world" remark.

I don't mind Medaka Box ending, since there aren't really any loose ends left. (Kumagawa can have some trivial victory in the final chapter.) I don't think it will though.

Last edited by Viridian; 2013-03-01 at 12:02. Reason: Grammar
Viridian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 12:04   Link #12434
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
So precisely what is your argument again? Because honestly it comes down to wishful thinking, and yet you seem to thinking of it as the logical progression of events. I love my mother, father and siblings in a platonic manner that in no way means I'm into incest, This is the same with many adopted siblings the world over what your doing is manipulating events to suit your agenda like all avid shippers do that does not make your agenda the logical course of events. Sure your right but that is a rarity not the norm especially when she has shown to have non platonic feelings for someone else and is marrying that person. Zenkichi confessed to Medaka, Medaka confessed back they actually made preparations towards marriage and everybody saw them as a soon to be married couple. It could not be anymore obvious. Compared to that Kumagawa's "proposal" is damn right worthless
lol, how the fuck am I 'twisting' events, dude? I see two facts here: Kumagawa is romantically interested in Medaka, and Medaka is open to the idea at least to the degree of being willing to marry him. These are facts, directly from the manga. Do you deny this? Can you remotely justify going against these plain facts from the series?

I cannot even express how completely retarded treating Medaka x Kumagawa as if were actual incest would be because, and I shouldn't even have to say this, they are not blood-related. Are you seriously saying that, because of that minor statement from Medaka, any Kumagawa x Medaka from this point would be equivalent to actual incest? If not, then think about what the hell you actually want to be saying because, regardless of however much either character talks about "feelings", it is impossible for Medaka and Kumagawa's relationship to approach the significance of actual blood-related siblings.

Quote:
My entire point is that your argument is wishful thinking you just confirmed that. How do you not see this. The only reason this arguement exists because you refuse to believe your wishful thinking is not an unlikely course of events (which it is).
lol, from my perspective Zenkichi x Medaka is looking like a whole lot of wishful thinking at this point also, what with the potential for the manga to be ending and all. On the chance that the manga actually will be continuing, Zenkichi x Medaka becomes just as vulnerable as all other aspects of this series because there is every possibility for Nishio to troll that pairing in the same way as he has trolled pretty much everything else in this manga, and you know it.

Meanwhile, Kumagawa's underlying desire for Medaka is one of the most basic and consistent facets Nishio has maintained about his character, so there is every reason for me to continue taking an interest in it and expecting a resolution for it. There is nothing "wishful" about it, I knew more than 20 chapters ago that Kumagawa's romantic interest in Medaka would unquestionably come up again as a notable theme in the series, and hey, in this chapter there it was. In precisely the same way, if Medaka Box does continue as a series after the next chapter, there is no doubt it will come up again to play a pivotal role in Kumagawa's character development, as it always has.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 12:22   Link #12435
kenjtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by telamont View Post
This chapter was surprisingly good. Really liked the Kumagawa / Medaka interaction for much the same reasons Sol Falling already stated (even if I'm not a shipper myself). Also liked how it managed to make me question if Medaka will actually stay dead. Looking forward to next week's chapter that much more.

Still, it also makes me feel sorry for Zenkichi for some reason. Am I reading too much into it? I mean, a lifetime of devotion and what does he get at the end? Does not even get a say when his so called girlfriend is going off to die... Bookmaker! Quiet now, little Zen, the grown ups are talking. And then... "I was happiest when fighting you, Kumagawa. I want your second button at your graduation ceremony. I'm definitely come back for you second button."

And who was it who stood by Medaka's side, comforting her at the very end (assuming that she's staying dead of course)? Iihiko. That's right Zenkichi, Medaka may be your world, but you're just a small part of hers. An important part to be sure, but still secondary to her battle buddies. Sorry.

Certainly makes all the devotion and effort he's poured into their relationship til now (arguably the driving force of his life), seem utterly pointless. I've always thought that all the vitriol Zenkichi's fans direct at Medaka to be excessive, but with this chapter, I think I can sympathize. If Medaka is not staying dead, I sincerely hope she'll at least stay dead long enough for Zenkichi to move on and find some other girl to err... "love", yea.

Coming to think of it, this is as good a time as any for "Medaka Box" to end. Ajimu gone, Medaka gone, Kumagawa (and all the seniors, including Naze and co) graduating... yep, we "Medaka Box" fans have had our fun. It was a great ride. Time to give the "Zenkichi Box" hopefuls what they want, right?
Thats pretty why much no one loves medaka since she put shiranui in front of her love and future which doesnt make sense at all , Zenkichi made effort in all his life just to be with medaka but she didnt even thought twice before leaving him not even a goodbye . Zenkichi is finally free from the shackles named medaka since he didnt left her she left zenkichi so he is not a failture like his father , i think the reason why zenkichi didnt left medaka was the trauma about his father . In all manga medaka just took from zenkichi but she gave nothing to him or we can say she doesnt know how to give at all , medaka never even did one little sacrife for zenkichi which is why everyone hates her .

Anyway its good that bitch is dead i hope zenkichi moved on with finding a good girlfriend that really cares about him and make sacrifices for him .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 12:29   Link #12436
rickiminato

i have a doubt?
the next chapter is the end of the manga or not
Old 2013-03-01, 12:39   Link #12437
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I just want it to end well. That's all. Then I can move on with my life.
Maybe I'll pick up One Piece or something.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 12:42   Link #12438
[HearT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I wonder if Nishio realizes that removing the moon from the sky would cause massive destruction in its own right? Not only would tidal forces be affected, but it would cause a big change to earth's axis, which would start wobbling all over the place, severely affecting established ecosystems (suddenly its always winter at the equator!), and could even cause the planet's orbit to shift.

Silly mangakas need to learn some science. I blame Dragonball for all this moon-destroying craziness.
I guess it's a good thing that a certain character can control the earth's rotation and such, then.
Old 2013-03-01, 12:44   Link #12439
kenjtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I just want it to end well. That's all. Then I can move on with my life.
Maybe I'll pick up One Piece or something.
Well if you do that you can be sure that its much more better then medaka box .

I think it would be cool if zenkichi erased his memories of medaka and goes on his life happly with a girl like a normal high schooler then medaka comes trys to talk to him but he says who are and doesn remember her also thinks she is a weird girl after medakas effort to make zenkichi remember herself which will make zenkichi hate her more etc...
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 12:46   Link #12440
zigantz22

Quote:
lol, how the fuck am I 'twisting' events, dude? I see two facts here: Kumagawa is romantically interested in Medaka, and Medaka is open to the idea at least to the degree of being willing to marry him. These are facts, directly from the manga. Do you deny this? Can you remotely justify going against these plain facts from the series?

lol, from my perspective Zenkichi x Medaka is looking like a whole lot of wishful thinking at this point also, what with the potential for the manga to be ending and all. On the chance that the manga actually will be continuing, Zenkichi x Medaka becomes just as vulnerable as all other aspects of this series because there is every possibility for Nishio to troll that pairing in the same way as he has trolled pretty much everything else in this manga, and you know it.

Meanwhile, Kumagawa's underlying desire for Medaka is one of the most basic and consistent facets Nishio has maintained about his character, so there is every reason for me to continue taking an interest in it and expecting a resolution for it. There is nothing "wishful" about it, I knew more than 20 chapters ago that Kumagawa's romantic interest in Medaka would unquestionably come up again as a notable theme in the series, and hey, in this chapter there it was. In precisely the same way, if Medaka Box does continue as a series after the next chapter, there is no doubt it will come up again to play a pivotal role in Kumagawa's character development, as it always has.
Medaka and Zenkichi are effectively engaged to be married; Kumagawa x Medaka aren't, despite Medaka's trivial statement. Their relationship, whether you appreciate it or not, has been a strong constant throughout the entirety of the story, so it's bizarre to thoroughly dismiss it's relevance simply due to the possibility of Nisio eventually trolling this aspect of the narrative. I'd say their mutual feelings for one another is far more consistent and integral than Kumagawa's seeming interest in Medaka.
zigantz22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council