AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-10-03, 15:03   Link #1
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Yakitate! Japan

Just saw the promo
An anime about making bread.

Sound god damn promising. Japanese can make the most boring subjects interesting in their anime.

The manga is supposed to be incredible.

any thoughts?
Old 2004-10-03, 15:04   Link #2
naantje
Annoyance :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
Just saw the promo

Sound god damn promising. Japanese can make the most boring subjects interesting in their anime.

any thoughts?
cool, bread is good with milk, make very strong
naantje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 15:07   Link #3
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

The manga is indeed brilliant. Along with Azumanga Daioh - for very different reasons - the funniest thing I have ever read. It took a little while to really get me hooked, but now it's one of my favourite manga.

I can't recommend it enough.

I'm downloading the preview now - I can't wait to see what it's like. It'll be interesting to hear the seiyuu they've got for Azuma, Kawachi, Tsukino etc.

There are so many outlandish characters and hilarious moments. Best of all are the crazy reactions people have to eating truly superb bread - I expect the hyperactive humour to really suit animation.

This is one I'm anticipating with bated breath...

Now I've seen the preview(s). Azuma's voice is a little more...abrasive than I'd expected - I'd always read him as quite quiet and sweet, but this IS the trailer. We'll see how it develops! But it all looks SO good animated. The song in the background is gentle, but we don't know whether it's OP, ED or what. Like someone in another thread, I'm hoping to see this presented like a typical Shonen anime, and would like to see a high-energy OP in the style of Naruto or HunterxHunter, but we'll see!

-BonBon

Last edited by BonBon; 2004-10-03 at 18:54.
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 15:12   Link #4
naantje
Annoyance :)

why did u move this, the promo was released... and it being fansubbed and all :S
naantje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 15:16   Link #5
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Azuma's voice is SSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not right! He sounds like a little punk who's trying to act tough! NO NO NO NO NO! He should be like a little boy, not a whiny one, but...err I just don't think it matches the Azuma I read in the manga.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 15:23   Link #6
7thMethuselah

if it half as funny as the manga, then it's a must-see

Yeah Roots is right, the voice is quite different from the I would imagine when reading the manga, animation is decent however. Ah well, wait and see I say
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 15:28   Link #7
Judo
Lazy Turtle

Send a message via MSN to Judo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
Azuma's voice is SSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not right! He sounds like a little punk who's trying to act tough! NO NO NO NO NO! He should be like a little boy, not a whiny one, but...err I just don't think it matches the Azuma I read in the manga.

I agree 100%!!!
The voice doesn't fit him at all >____________________________<

and am I the only one that feels that the characters look a bit diffrent? <.<;;;

ah well, I just hope that they don't change any thing and keep it fathefull to the manga, as long as they do that, then I'm happy ^-^
Judo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 17:48   Link #8
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

As long as they get Tsukino right and give her LOTS of screentime, I can forgive the producers.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 18:06   Link #9
H2-FumoGuu
パンツ。。。好き

I was also caught off guard as I had thought Azuma was more of a nice, innocent, polite boy than a "spunky" Naruto-ish one. I never knew Azuma had that speaking style either... is it country bumpkin/Osakan style?
H2-FumoGuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 18:54   Link #10
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

I was worried about it at first, too - but to be honest, most of the lines Azuma gets...most of his developed character...is the polite and somewhat naive boy we were expecting. Unless there's been a major and bizarre rewrite, I can't see any way he could act the part with this sort of voice throughout.

Plus he was much more energetic and impolite in the first few chapters, especially interacting with his family.

I DO agree that the voice doesn't sound right - I'm just saying that it may well not make it very far into the actual episodes. Because the reason we don't like it is...well, it doesn't suit his character, does it? So once that character's there, hopefully the seiyuu will adjust accordingly.

-BonBon
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 19:26   Link #11
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Yeah, I just saw this promo myself and it looks freaking hilarious!! I'm glad I found it. I'm so adding this to my watch and track list. YAY!! This is a good thing to be ADDING to that list after having dumped 4 series off of it already due to their lameness or other bad qualities. Hey, it looks like the fall season still has promise!
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 19:44   Link #12
sarcasteak
WAHA~

I loooooooove Yakitate Japan...does anyone know how many episodes this is supposed to be?
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 20:08   Link #13
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
Quote:
I think it does him no justice either! boo!! Why all the forced enthusiam Azuma? In my mind, he always had a cool and collected determination. ;___; Oh well, Im still looking foward to it. Like the saying goes.. "where there's bread, there's tzurial"
Tzurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 20:10   Link #14
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
I loooooooove Yakitate Japan...does anyone know how many episodes this is supposed to be?
probably like naruto and one piece. neverending.
and the voice is horrible! o well i gotta give it a chance at least
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 20:22   Link #15
ShikaShika
無罪

Bah, I thought the voice was ok, but I only read the first volume and that was a while ago... But I'm sure his voice will be acted out more apropriate to the actual scenes, this was after all just a trailer.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 21:24   Link #16
s'my
watashi wa chiisaikeredo

Just logged on and saw that the promo for Yakitate! Japan was out - what a nice way to start the work week! This will be one of the first things I'm checking out when I get some time later. Really looking forward to this series as I'm a huge fan of the manga, and am looking forward to seeing certain scenes esp the bread-tasting reactions animated! Personally I [heart] Kuroyanagi ^^
s'my is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 00:23   Link #17
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Has the manga been licensed? It sounds really good.

If I can literally crack up just by watching the promo... damn, it must be good. I'm really looking forward to this one.
Old 2004-10-04, 02:04   Link #18
WristBandMan

Quote:
Just saw the promo

any thoughts?
you should definitely read the manga!!!

I hope they don't mess up the anime, like they did with Midori. but either way, get the manga too!!
WristBandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 02:09   Link #19
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
As long as they get Tsukino right and give her LOTS of screentime, I can forgive the producers.
Hmm, she only appeared for a second there, but she looked kinda cold and bossy, not sweet at all. I agree with all those who commented about Azuma's voice, but it's probably just for the sake of the promo so I'm going to wait till I actually watch an episode or two of it before I comment more fully.
Old 2004-10-04, 02:21   Link #20
Sokar

Quote:
Just saw the promo
any thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma
If I can literally crack up just by watching the promo... damn, it must be good. I'm really looking forward to this one.
Am I the only one that thought the promo was absolute crap? The scenes and the lines are repetitive, and there was not that much shown. I don't read the manga so I can't comment on the story, but from the promo I have almost zero interest in this anime right now. Did I miss any jokes from the promo?
Sokar is offline   Reply With Quote