AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Old 2008-01-29, 04:58   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Character Discussion - Jun

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Jun related. Isurugi Jun is Noe's brother, often referred as Number 4 (of his basketball team).
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all true tears fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specific episode talk, there are already threads serving that purpose.

Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favorite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.

• Discuss, not Chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel (#animeuki) on ZiRC.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use spoiler tags!Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 05:18   Link #2
EXEs
Hallelujah...

Kickass older brother, why else would Noe behave so cutesy around him?
EXEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 05:25   Link #3
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Jun is the key preventing us, for now, from understanding more of the possible developments of the series. His interest for Noe seems to be more of that of a simple brother, though I can see him being very complicated as well. He do knows Hiromi, after all, though we don't know exactly how and why.

OT: The more I look at him (particularly at the pic above) the more he reminds me of Roy Mustang (FMA). Now considering that also Maes Hughes' voice is in the cast (Shinichiro's father), would that be a coincidence or an Easter Egg?
Old 2008-01-30, 06:16   Link #4
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

He does look like him. But I only sense a slight resemblance.

As for the character. I don't particularly like him, maybe it's his attitude or I've just seen that pattern too many time, I just don't like him the most out of all the characters.
Old 2008-01-30, 06:37   Link #5
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Number 4 seem to have hidden agenda.

I don't like him.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 08:17   Link #6
EXEs
Hallelujah...

Awww, c'mon people, show him some love! Even though it appears he's a bit of a siscon, I'm sure his character isn't as bad as you guys describe it. He's the mature, responsible, silent, good big brother, what's there to hate.
EXEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 08:20   Link #7
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@ EXEs ~ Let's just say, I don't see those characteristics complementing each other...
Old 2008-01-30, 12:42   Link #8
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
This dude (ooh so he is called Jun XD)...he seems nice on the surface but I bet he hasa dark side for drama's sakes. And because we know how this series like to throw dark sides into the mix, there is a high chance he is a whack-o

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 00:03   Link #9
billbrown
Failing Silent Assassin

Well, Jun is the final cog in getting the machine running. Noe, Hiromi and Shin will react according to his actions.

Discovering Jun's angle will be an interesting experience. He's obviously a bit attracted to his sister(perhaps they aren't blood related?), but his request at the end of episode four throws that for a intriguing loop. What's he trying to set up here? Noe certainly doesn't need his help to put moves on Shin, so I don't see her requesting it.
billbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 00:39   Link #10
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXEs View Post
Awww, c'mon people, show him some love! Even though it appears he's a bit of a siscon, I'm sure his character isn't as bad as you guys describe it. He's the mature, responsible, silent, good big brother, what's there to hate.
Sorry,it's hard to show him love when he has the same smirking look on his face as Roy Mustang.

He seems to me the kind of guy with big sister complex(i have experience in this).I don't think he would "hand"over Noe that easily to Shin.Him asking Shin for that favour clearly surprises me but at the same time i sense something malicious from him.

If he really love Noe other than what he should,he may try to bring them together first and then pull some strings behind their back which left Noe disappointed and sad.Then he will come to her and play the "big brother is here" act and comfort her.Then Noe will think he is the best and yeah happy ending for him.He owns Noe forever.

I might speculate too far,but this is the kind of impression Number 4 is giving me right now
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 01:50   Link #11
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinatsu-no-miya View Post
I might speculate too far,but this is the kind of impression Number 4 is giving me right now
Ouch, that's harsh. >_<

Me, I like him. He riles up Shinichiro by that attitude of his. It's fun for me to watch that scene at the end of episode 4; I'd like to see that more.

I'd hate him if he starts dating Hiromi though.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 08:34   Link #12
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

This thread should be titled Character Discussion - Jun (Number 4)

It had to be done.
Old 2008-01-31, 08:45   Link #13
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
This thread should be titled Character Discussion - Jun (Number 4)

It had to be done.
It's not that I haven't thought about it. It depends on where the anime is headed, if in the next couple episodes he'll still constantly be addressed as number 4, I'll change the title. Otherwise it'll stay as it is.
Anyway, once someone enters the thread, it is well specified above who we're talking about, I think
Old 2008-02-07, 00:26   Link #14
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I don't dislike Jun, but he does seem weird. His angry reaction to grandma and Noe talking about tears was striking. The little hitch when he was doing up Noe's helmet looked like he wanted to caress her throat. His cavalier and domineering manner is interesting. His easy agreement to trade Noe for Hiromi (in a sense) made it seem as if he didn't care about other people that much. Except for Noe.

In any case, it will certainly be interesting to learn more about him, as I guess we will in ep6. In the preview, it looks as if he is caressing Hiromi's hair, much to her shock.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 11:14   Link #15
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

Jun and Hiromi are in similar cirmcumstances. Both like someone, both feel that they should not like them, and both lie to themselves about their own feelings. The result is Hiromi saying that she loves number 4 when she doesnt even know him, and Jun asking Shin to go out with his sister (he probably convinced himself that "this is for the best, would make her happy, etc"). Parallels can be drawn to Aiko, where she decides to get closer to Shin through Nobuse. There was a point in the past when Aiko was content to just be closer to Shin, and not expect Shin to return her feelings (the episode where she talks about understanding why Hiromi wanted to be Noe's friend). Granted, it appears now that Aiko isnt happy being best buddies anymore, and wants to get closer still (possibly because she feels that she has hope now that Shin told her that Hiromi told him that she likes Jun), but before that, she was willing to "just get closer". Perhaps in the past, she decided that the best she could do was just to get closer to Shin, and so she hooked up with Nobuse even though she doesnt like him, because "it was for the best".

I like Hiromi, Aiko, Jun and especially Shins mom because they seem very human to me, with good points and flaws that do not seem unnatural. I dont really like Noe because shes just weird, and Shin because he's too dense (well, harem male leads tend to have to be dense, or else there wont be a story), and everyone else seems to be minor characters.

Hmm seems like I didnt cover too much Jun in a thread for Jun, but meh, that little bit is my 2 cents.
w00tness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 07:29   Link #16
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

I love Jun! xD For me, he's the most good-looking guy in this series *_* Squeeee!

I love Jun's cool and evil side xD And his hair!!!! It's somewhat similar to Firo's (fom baccano) OMG!!! xD And then his eyes and hair color are resemble Roy from FMA. Double the love xD Firo + Roy = WIN! xD Hehe (only in looks though, personality's too different ^^

Oh I like male characters with sis complexes xD And Jun's one of them xD Sibling love FTW! xD Jun and Noe rock so much, I don't care much if it becomes incest. I like them as individuals, as siblings, and even as partners xD

I think it has been clearly hinted in some episodes that he may like her romantically. I just wish he won't be the perverted type ;_; I will change my mind about him if he has indeed become a perverted bastard ;_;

Because of the possibility that he'll turn into a not-so-likable character, I am afraid and excited at the same time on seeing episode 7 *_x

But so far, Jun's freakin' lovable! YAY! xD
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 17:21   Link #17
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

lovable? O_O
he's selfish and doesnt care about anyone or if he hurts anyone as long as he gets what he wants (happiness for Noe)

though granted, that part of him is lovable.
w00tness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 20:48   Link #18
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I must say, after episode 06 i have a lot more respect for Jun, and just don't see him as a woman user. How he looks after Noe in his own strange way, i really do love that.
Old 2008-02-12, 13:53   Link #19
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

There's something I don't like the way about the guy. The way he just casually "haggled" to make Shin go out with Noe, to the way he asked Hiromi out in such an emotionless manner with his creepy smile.

What I"m curious is what he will do if Shin decides not to go out with Noe after all.
Darklightz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 15:17   Link #20
Atheuz

Giant douchebag.
Atheuz is offline   Reply With Quote