AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-04, 17:43   Link #281
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Well yeah, you have the same for anime and manga series which do not have their own subforums, and it works in some cases, specially when the fandom or the discussion volume isn't that big. I think we can afford not to be so stingy with the number of threads given that the fandom is big enough and well, lucky for us, there's a whole forum for the series.
Old 2010-05-04, 22:50   Link #282
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

I think the current way of having one single general manga thread is as good as it is, considering that even the current Nanoha franchise has quite many official mangas, including all kinds of ad hoc one-shots popping up from time to time.

Opening a new thread each time is far too troublesome and is difficult to keep track of everything. Although we have a dedicated forum and a certain number of regulars, honestly speaking the number of regulars is not that many when compared to other truly active forums. Opening too many threads may have the risk of diluting the discussion atmosphere.

Current serializations:
  • Vivid
  • Force
  • Movie 1st
  • Force Dimension (4-koma)
  • Saijiki (comedy)

Past serializations:
  • A's
  • StrikerS
  • a bunch of 4-komas

Recent one-shots
  • FSN x MS Nanoha
  • Fate / Kaleid Liner
Old 2010-05-04, 23:13   Link #283
Proto

Doesn't the Umineko subforum manage to do it with 6 different game threads, a game translation thread and 2 general game discussion threads though?

Last edited by Proto; 2010-05-05 at 01:37.
Old 2010-05-04, 23:29   Link #284
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Except that this isn't the umineko forum? I don't see what's wrong with condensing it all into one thread. As long as you've read the different manga you know what's going on in the discussions. It also allows for cross manga discussions.
Old 2010-05-05, 01:35   Link #285
Proto

You could keep the general thread for whatever cross manga discussion you'd need, but it seems I'm the only one here who thinks that way so I'll drop the point. Maybe I'm just too much of an organization freak.
Old 2010-05-06, 05:58   Link #286
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
While I disagree that manga of main continuity should be in different threads... moving Movie Manga in it's personal thread would be better IMHO - it's clearly AU after all.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
Old 2010-05-06, 07:00   Link #287
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Considering the movie manga is nearing it's end... that's not really worth it methinks, the thread won't be alive for long after it ends.
Old 2010-05-07, 20:11   Link #288
Nagumo
Random Translator

This might sound strange... but do we have a thread dedicated to official translation of canon/dvd booklet/info pamphlets?

I mean, I'm trying to look for an old StrikerS Dvd booklet that had info on Vivio but I can't remember what thread it was in.
Old 2010-05-07, 21:34   Link #289
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagumo View Post
This might sound strange... but do we have a thread dedicated to official translation of canon/dvd booklet/info pamphlets?

I mean, I'm trying to look for an old StrikerS Dvd booklet that had info on Vivio but I can't remember what thread it was in.
I think it was what http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=89002 this thread was going for.
Old 2010-08-04, 12:11   Link #290
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
I'm requesting a "Nanoha Fan Theory" thread.

To keep the manga and Q&A threads from getting cluttered in random speculation.

Plus, there's no way to post random thoughts that come to us as theories for the series in any thread without going off topic.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2010-08-04, 17:34   Link #291
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
I'm requesting a "Nanoha Fan Theory" thread.

To keep the manga and Q&A threads from getting cluttered in random speculation.

Plus, there's no way to post random thoughts that come to us as theories for the series in any thread without going off topic.
Nanoha - Theories & Speculation thread created. Hope is what is needed / wanted.
Old 2010-11-23, 12:03   Link #292
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
A second movie has been announced, so I was wondering if we could get a speculation thread, like we did for the first movie. The movie is due for a 2012 theatrical release.

Thread title could be:
Mahou Girl Lyrical Nanoha The MOVIE 2nd A's, Expectations and Speculation

Similar to the movie 1st speculation thread.
Old 2010-11-24, 12:19   Link #293
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Thread created.
Old 2011-09-06, 23:39   Link #294
Sunder the Gold

What about new speculation threads devoted to specific groups of characters?

For example, speculating on the histories and nature of the Lu Rushe Tribe, the Alpine lineage, summoning magic, the summoned beasts, and their involvement in past Belkan Wars.

Or the Scrya Clan and the various possible origins of Raising Heart.

Possibly also the Combat Cyborgs as their own group, along with speculation about Quint Nakajima and why she was chosen as the donor for THREE cyborg clones. And Wild Mass Guessing about who Cinque was cloned from.

I'm still gathering my thoughts and re-watching the series for fresh observations on Yuuno and the Scrya Clan, though.
Old 2011-09-07, 11:48   Link #295
Sunder the Gold

I'm growing more serious about having a thread dedicated just to the Scrya Clan.

I just recently raised questions and invited speculation regarding them, only to have the conversation immediately switch to technology speculation about Intelligent Devices.

I fear that no one will stay on-topic about the Scrya unless the Scrya ARE the topic.
Old 2011-09-07, 12:17   Link #296
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Too small of an issue to make a topic imho. Just keep posts on the topic handy when you post about them, might keep the topic more understood, especially since there's very little material.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2011-09-07, 12:26   Link #297
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Isn't there a character discussion thread somewhere anyway?

Not the OC one.

Old 2011-09-07, 13:30   Link #298
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Isn't there a character discussion thread somewhere anyway?

Not the OC one.
Nope.

There are "Who's your favorite character" threads, but that's not the same thing, and any discussion about a single specific character -- especially when the discussion is heavily speculative -- is liable to get overrun by conversation regarding any other character within the franchise's extensive cast.

Also, I imagine the discussion is focused more on why people like a character than on speculating about the parts of their backgrounds that don't recieve official attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
Too small of an issue to make a topic imho. Just keep posts on the topic handy when you post about them, might keep the topic more understood, especially since there's very little material.
It's not too small an issue for a topic, but it IS too small an issue to leave to other, existing topics, because it's just going to get overrun again and again.

Should I have to keep reposting the same information many times just to get one answer?
Old 2011-09-07, 14:04   Link #299
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Maybe instead of a thread for specific characters, we can have a Character Discussion thread?

Old 2011-09-07, 15:50   Link #300
Sunder the Gold

It's better than nothing.

For now, I've posted the beginning of my thoughts on the Scyra Clan here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...19#post3758319
Closed Thread