AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-07-06, 12:35   Link #2901
Sides

New PSN Pass Program introduced with Resistance 3, read more on ign.
Basically the same thing EA had done with their games, nothing to worry about. Good thing is, you can sell your unused key if you don't use the online features.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 06:59   Link #2902
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
New PSN Pass Program introduced with Resistance 3, read more on ign.
Basically the same thing EA had done with their games, nothing to worry about. Good thing is, you can sell your unused key if you don't use the online features.
1. It's a rumour
2. The games actual package doesn't have that marker so it is most likely a fake picture
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 07:31   Link #2903
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonix View Post
1. It's a rumour
2. The games actual package doesn't have that marker so it is most likely a fake picture
It is real, it was a rumour last week. But now it has been confirmed by sony to couple of online magazines, who inquired about the issue. VG247 is the latest to get the confirmation, looks like gamesindustry.biz and computerandvideogames.com also get the same message.
Old 2011-07-07, 13:13   Link #2904
ZeroForever

lol not really surprised, sad that their all (been trending for some time now from several companies though EA is the most blatent, I blame DLC success)

eitherway joining in to kill the used/rental game market under the guise of special DLC is quite digusting, guess that's another game i'll never get.
Old 2011-07-14, 07:16   Link #2905
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Question for folks:

I have a 60 gig PS3. When I play regular DVDs on it (fairly frequently; probably 4-5 times a week), the fan tends to get pretty loud after 30+ minutes of playtime. I've noticed it starting to do that (sometimes) with PS3 games, too, after about 30+ minutes of playtime. I actually haven't really noticed it with BluRay DVDs, though. Either way, it's very noticeable. Does anyone know if this is normal or not? I preordered NCAA '12 and when I picked it up, I inquired about trade-in value for the 60 gig and found out that until the end of July I can get $130 on trade-in for the 60 gig. That's half the cost of a refurbished 80 gig system (still has backwards compatibility). So, I guess that's another question I have.

1. Does anyone know if what I described is normal?

2. Has anyone purchased a refurbished system? Are they good quality/worth it? If I can get half the cost of a larger-capacity system and it's fairly decent quality, I may spring for it.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 07:51   Link #2906
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Sounds about normal. I used to play on my 60GB for close to four years(Still have it and works fine). The fans were getting loud all the time for about two years and it worked fine.

I don't know if refurbished systems are any good. I just went ahead and brought a new 120GB system. I also recommend buying a new system. If you have a PS2 then you don't need backwards compatibility. I remember playing some PS2 fighting games on my 60GB and there was input delay on my HDTV. I now simply play PS2 games on my standard tv in another room.
Old 2011-07-16, 18:10   Link #2907
Valkyrur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Question for folks:

I have a 60 gig PS3. When I play regular DVDs on it (fairly frequently; probably 4-5 times a week), the fan tends to get pretty loud after 30+ minutes of playtime. I've noticed it starting to do that (sometimes) with PS3 games, too, after about 30+ minutes of playtime. I actually haven't really noticed it with BluRay DVDs, though. Either way, it's very noticeable. Does anyone know if this is normal or not? I preordered NCAA '12 and when I picked it up, I inquired about trade-in value for the 60 gig and found out that until the end of July I can get $130 on trade-in for the 60 gig. That's half the cost of a refurbished 80 gig system (still has backwards compatibility). So, I guess that's another question I have.

1. Does anyone know if what I described is normal?

2. Has anyone purchased a refurbished system? Are they good quality/worth it? If I can get half the cost of a larger-capacity system and it's fairly decent quality, I may spring for it.
Do NOT BUY A REFURB THERE TERRIBLE....Its 100% certain it will break ....since my last comment on this thread my ( god i dno how many now ..5th ? ) now refurb has died.. Taking hot pursuit along with it. I still haven't got my first game back from sony..

But yeh basically Avoid refurbs AT ALL COSTS.

Unless ur like me and they keep dieing within warrenty so you get a new one every 2 months or so.
Valkyrur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 20:24   Link #2908
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Oooookay. lol Thanks for the info. I'll avoid a refurb, then.

Still may get a new one, then. I don't have my PS2 up at school, and admittedly do not have any PS2 games up here, either. But ya never know when the desire to play a PS2 game may strike me. lol

I'm going to sit on this for about a week or two more and then decide whether or not to trade in my 60 gig for a new 120.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-17, 09:21   Link #2909
demonix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrur View Post
Do NOT BUY A REFURB THERE TERRIBLE....Its 100% certain it will break ....since my last comment on this thread my ( god i dno how many now ..5th ? ) now refurb has died.. Taking hot pursuit along with it. I still haven't got my first game back from sony..

But yeh basically Avoid refurbs AT ALL COSTS.

Unless ur like me and they keep dieing within warrenty so you get a new one every 2 months or so.
That would only be for phat refurbs as I have a 120GB slim refurb (the BR drive in my original slim stopped reading dual layered blu-ray discs and it was a warranty replacement as the console was only a few months old) and it is still going over a year after.
Old 2011-07-19, 04:37   Link #2910
Sides

Macross F super Live, source andriasang.com and gunjap.net
It is basically a virtual concert on home. Kind of like the idea, virtual bands concerts on virtual stage. What is next K-on? Beck?
Old 2011-07-28, 09:17   Link #2911
Westlo
Lets be reality

It's nut to think that in the time that Sony have sold 51.8 million PS3s the PS2 has sold 51.4 million units as well.

Hardware Ap-Jn 2011

PS3 1.8 m
PSP 1.8 m
360 1.7 m
Wii 1.56 m
DS 1.44 m
PS2 1.4 m
3DS 0.71 m

PS2, the real king, DS family is still 7 million behind and it has been replaced.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 10:51   Link #2912
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...ystation-home/

EVO is streaming on PS Home. I'll see how this is.
Old 2011-08-02, 05:58   Link #2913
Sides

How the PS3 became the most expensive console to date

It was just a matter of time until sony decide to do this, use vita as PS3 controller. source eurogamers
After ditching the six-axis, introduction DS3 and PS move, sony unveils their latest controller for their cell power home console, PS vita.
Hmm, kind of wanted to trade in my ps3 for a vita. Probably still going to do that.
Old 2011-08-02, 07:36   Link #2914
demonix

Quote:
After ditching the six-axis, introduction DS3 and PS move, sony unveils their latest controller for their cell power home console, PS vita.
Hmm, kind of wanted to trade in my ps3 for a vita. Probably still going to do that.
They didn't ditch the six-axis they just just added vibration motors to a regular six-axis controller and sold it as a dual shock 3

Also news for those in Europe SCEE is planning on releasing US and Japanese PS1 games to the EU stores (no release dates or what is being made available is still unknown).
Old 2011-08-02, 09:13   Link #2915
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonix View Post
Also news for those in Europe SCEE is planning on releasing US and Japanese PS1 games to the EU stores (no release dates or what is being made available is still unknown).
YAY!

Oh how much of a happy pup this makes me!
The lack of good PSone titles on PSStore is shocking tbh. As much as I am a fan of Disney stuff I'm not really a fan of their games.
Old 2011-08-02, 21:33   Link #2916
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
It was just a matter of time until sony decide to do this, use vita as PS3 controller. source eurogamers
I believe it would only be optional, for certain games too. Since it would lack the L2/R2 buttons, although it could be easily replaced by the touch pad and screens, but it won't feel the same. Also, Vita's buttons are so small XD The price will be the problem too, just like what people worry about the Wii-U. So I don't think they're going to make it as a replacement for DS3.
Old 2011-08-03, 01:35   Link #2917
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
I believe it would only be optional, for certain games too. Since it would lack the L2/R2 buttons, although it could be easily replaced by the touch pad and screens, but it won't feel the same. Also, Vita's buttons are so small XD The price will be the problem too, just like what people worry about the Wii-U. So I don't think they're going to make it as a replacement for DS3.
It does have a touch pad on the back to simulate R2/L2 button... But yeah i would not take t too seriously, considering that the PSP was able to do the same, what they are proposing now. It is just a PR stunt to claw back some attention, nothing more.
Old 2011-08-16, 13:26   Link #2918
Zexas

Price cut for PS3 to 249.

I guess it's for the new model.
Old 2011-08-16, 13:33   Link #2919
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Dear me, I know I should be used after all these years, but it is still frigging annoying to have the exact same price tag but in euro on our side... That's almost 80€ extra (a little more than $100)
Old 2011-08-16, 13:38   Link #2920
Sides

CECH-ZED1 3D display coming to europe, AWESOME! It is a bit pricey $499/€499, but it is a VA panel, can display 3D and 2 different views simultaneously. I hope they will give support to PC sector as well, because this will my next monitor to replace my trinitron screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexas View Post
Price cut for PS3 to 249.
Does it means we get 20 free classic games ^^, yeah someone has to make that joke...

Last edited by Sides; 2011-08-16 at 14:45.

Tags
console, ps3, sony