AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

View Poll Results: Total Eclipse - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 4 11.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 20.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 40.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 22.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.86%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-25, 08:10   Link #21
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABER60069 View Post
Yui is going to fight Yuuya in a Takemikazuchi while he is in a Shiranui? how is this even remotely fair? especially if he still isn't familiar with Japanese TSFs and has yet to adapt to them.
Well, this is just a guess, given that a yellow Takemikazuchi appears in the credits, and the online retailers have been stocking a yellow "Takemikazuchi Yui Takamura type" for a few years now.

On the other hand, if she takes a Strike Eagle instead... might be more of a fair fight.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-07-25, 12:34   Link #22
klare

learned a lesson: never follow a loli, especially one with white hair and innocent face...

i can understand why Yui acting like she is now after seeing the first 2 eps, but her ways also created too much tensions
Old 2012-07-25, 12:48   Link #23
Bombo
TSF Fans

Sub Forum.! great =)
Anyway From the preview i can't wait for next week ..I hope Yui give him some lesson
and That chobi Character really annoying tbh .

Last edited by Bombo; 2012-07-25 at 14:21. Reason: words.
Old 2012-07-25, 13:36   Link #24
Destined_Fate

Eh, Tarisa doesn't seem annoying. She's a standard young overly happy short hearted/small chested tomboy character who is obviously tsundere for the main character. Expect her to die a gruesome death, Japan loves killing those characters since killing them makes them ridiculous popular in the fanart/fanfiction/shipping scene.

Something about pure love or something.
Old 2012-07-25, 13:50   Link #25
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Eh, Tarisa doesn't seem annoying. She's a standard young overly happy short hearted/small chested tomboy character who is obviously tsundere for the main character. Expect her to die a gruesome death, Japan loves killing those characters since killing them makes them ridiculous popular in the fanart/fanfiction/shipping scene.

Something about pure love or something.
in that shower scene her chest wasn't that small.
Old 2012-07-25, 14:06   Link #26
Destined_Fate

Obviously it isn't that small but Tarisa mentions more than once that she has a small chest and she's very insecure about it. Compared to Yui and the such her chest "is" small.
Old 2012-07-25, 14:20   Link #27
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Dunno if you guys noticed, but the first scene of the anime had really, REALLY horrible facial distortion. I was half closing my eyes before I knew it, and I continue to identify such defects throughout the anime. I'm quite new to this (more of a fan of words than things that are... not words), but is this actually a common phenomenon...?

Next. Lots and lots and LOTS of in-between stories skips. It is THAT noticeable. I'm starting to feel more and more like reading the visual novel instead of watching the anime (except for the fighting scenes >_>)...
Old 2012-07-25, 14:24   Link #28
Bombo
TSF Fans

I'm agree with u about her character but somehow she's annoying to me in some scenes .
Old 2012-07-25, 14:37   Link #29
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post

Next. Lots and lots and LOTS of in-between stories skips. It is THAT noticeable. I'm starting to feel more and more like reading the visual novel instead of watching the anime (except for the fighting scenes >_>)...
It has been said that Ep1-2 wasn't in the VN but was added in the anime to introduce the setting. The VN starts off with Ep3.
Old 2012-07-25, 14:50   Link #30
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
I'm agree with u about her character but somehow she's annoying to me in some scenes .
Tsundere's aren't for everyone, no says you have to like her. I mean she does have a big death flag over her head for being the The Girl With A Crush That Never Stood A Chance.
Old 2012-07-25, 17:04   Link #31
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
Dunno if you guys noticed, but the first scene of the anime had really, REALLY horrible facial distortion. I was half closing my eyes before I knew it, and I continue to identify such defects throughout the anime. I'm quite new to this (more of a fan of words than things that are... not words), but is this actually a common phenomenon...?
It's been said that the first series director had problems with managing the budget, he spent most of it on the first two episodes, so the quality of the animation declined, amongst other budget related problems adn they cahnged director on episode 10.

so yeah, expect to have similar QUALITY until/including episode 10 hopefully it won't get worse and hopefully it's won't affect cg scenes.
Old 2012-07-27, 03:18   Link #32
christinemarie
Crazy One

I assume Yui wants Yuuya to become serious and meticulous, cause she doesn't want him to end up like her colleagues that didn't take the situation seriously like how her colleague died for hovering higher than usual although the latter wasn't recognize anymore since BETA turned unpredictable, Yuuya is like a lvl1 novice.
Old 2012-07-27, 05:43   Link #33
DoomRavager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
It has been said that Ep1-2 wasn't in the VN but was added in the anime to introduce the setting. The VN starts off with Ep3.
That's LN. The VN doesn't exist yet, and won't for a while.
Old 2012-07-27, 06:56   Link #34
Arya

I catch up with this episode, I started this series on late because I was a bit skeptical about the cast. At first glance it seemed to be an all female cast, sort of.
Anyways I'm really liking the show so far. I like how the two protagonists are fighting each other. Basically they are throwing their own frustrations to each other. Yuuya his hate for his misconception of Japan and Japaneses and Yui her frustration for the loss of her friends. Surely if I have to say she is in the right being harsh on him. Yuuya attitude is really wrong here. You are a soldier first. Your personal issues have to stay personal, not get in the way.
Anyways giving that the last two episodes showed Yuuya's limits piloting the Japanese TFS, I really can't see how he could win against Yui. Giving even how his mind is set on her being a doll, i.e. he will underestimate her. If writers are going to do things right Yui should chick his ass really hard. What I'm expecting is an all in all fair fight, net of all his handicaps, the machine and his mindset. So Yui will win, but Yuuya will gain some respect.
Anyways I hope they will not drag his attitude too much. It's not fitting for an ace. Even if I somehow got the feeling that it was the cause for his transfer (I'm referring to his flashbacks).

WTF with the russian department anyways? Shouldn't the countries be all co-working with each other?

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-07-27, 07:04   Link #35
vic-vic

Quote:
WTF with the russian department anyways? Shouldn't the countries be all co-working with each other?
Well, try to look on situation from their perspective. They catch foreign country soldier in the middle of their top-secret facility. How do you expect them to react?
Old 2012-07-27, 07:20   Link #36
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic-vic View Post
Well, try to look on situation from their perspective. They catch foreign country soldier in the middle of their top-secret facility being with an underage soldier. How do you expect them to react?
mmm, kicking his ass probably

Probably it's me being too naive here, but why they should ever have a top-secret facility there in the first place, and for "there" I mean in that base that should be an all-sharing research facility

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-07-27, 07:55   Link #37
Destined_Fate

The Nations aren't there because they want to be friends, they're there because of the BETA threat. Which means they don't want to be all sharing and will guard their secrets no matter the method.
Old 2012-07-27, 09:15   Link #38
Arya

I was a bit naive, I was taking for granted that each nation was selfless giving the big threat BETA are.

Old 2012-07-27, 10:08   Link #39
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
I was a bit naive, I was taking for granted that each nation was selfless giving the big threat BETA are.
If there's one thing you can say about the Muv Luv universe, it isn't only due to the BETA that humanity is on the ropes. Individual soldiers may be honorable and selfless, but nations in Muv Luv seem to have a crabs-in-a-barrel mentality, a inability to work together for at least a year without trying to manipulate or kill each other.
Old 2012-07-28, 23:28   Link #40
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

its gonna be hilarious if when yui and yuuya fight the ground gives out and they both get koed