AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2016-03-10, 17:57   Link #8001
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
That's what I thought too. So then why don't they know about Kisuke's Bankai?
They weren't watching during his test? They can't have been watching everywhere that whole time.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-10, 20:03   Link #8002
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
oh got his heart crushed...but this is bleach so he'll power up next chapter and take out urahara then grimmjaws turn to fight him
This. How many times we'd seen chapters where a char dies in the end, only to get him/herself revived back and power creeping multitude times. This is Kubo's specialty after all. Mask and Lille Barro were two good examples of this shit.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-10, 21:47   Link #8003
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
They weren't watching during his test? They can't have been watching everywhere that whole time.
Yea I'm sure watching a group of fodder Shinigami was much more useful than watching a new Captain's Bankai.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-10, 22:42   Link #8004
Romanticide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Maybe he got his bankai while in exile? or he just never used it but trained for it with that doll?
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-10, 22:45   Link #8005
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
How long were the Quincies in the shadows of Soul Society? I ask because Kisuke said he hasn't used his Bankai since they were around, but if he used it when he tested to become a Captain, then shouldn't they have seen it?
Obviously he showed it to them in a place that people had no access to. Urahara's got a habit of making places like that, remember. Also, Quincyburg is in the shadow of Seireitei, not all of Soul Society. Rukongai is probably mostly untouched. He only needed three Captains (likely Yoruichi, Yama-jii, and one other) to witness the test, and given how potentially dangerous his Bankai is, it makes sense that they wouldn't test it in the middle of Seireitei.

EDIT: Just looked it up. According to the anime, apparently Urahara's test was overseen by Yoruichi, Unohana, Kuchiki (old), and Soi Fong (under special dispensation) in addition to Yama-jii. It appeared to be somewhere in Seireitei, but also could have been in one of the nicer districts of the surrounding area (maybe the Shihouin family grounds?). In the manga those present other than Yama-jii went unnamed (but Unohana and Old Kuchiki were hinted at), and the location was completely unmentioned. So I think there's no plot hole here. They just performed his test where the Quincy didn't have access to.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2016-03-10 at 23:41.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-11, 00:57   Link #8006
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
So I think there's no plot hole here. They just performed his test where the Quincy didn't have access to.
If it's true that the Quincy were gathering intel from the SS shadows unbeknownst to the Soul Reapers then I don't see how it isn't a plot hole.
Old 2016-03-11, 01:11   Link #8007
DerGilga
feeling old....

Quote:
If it's true that the Quincy were gathering intel from the SS shadows unbeknownst to the Soul Reapers then I don't see how it isn't a plot hole.
You're assuming that the 1000 years they were hiding they also spied. Given how the Kaiser gesang goes like 900 years -> 90 years -> 9 years -> 9 days, the time they prepared for the war could have ben way shorter.

サイレント・マジシャン
DerGilga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-11, 01:46   Link #8008
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerGilga View Post
You're assuming that the 1000 years they were hiding they also spied. Given how the Kaiser gesang goes like 900 years -> 90 years -> 9 years -> 9 days, the time they prepared for the war could have ben way shorter.
I'm not assuming that. I'm asking the forum if it's true/how long. I don't know if they were spying or if they were dormant at times. They have intel on other Shinigami that suggests they were spying on them.
Old 2016-03-11, 06:59   Link #8009
AsGryffynn
Envoy of the beginning

Grimmjow is so badass he intrudes upon panels rather than being offpanelled...
AsGryffynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-11, 17:02   Link #8010
Saravis4

Quote:
I'm not assuming that. I'm asking the forum if it's true/how long. I don't know if they were spying or if they were dormant at times. They have intel on other Shinigami that suggests they were spying on them.
Askin doesn't specifically say anything about Urahara being the only one that they don't have information on. He just says that he didn't have information on Urahara's bankai. They didn't seem to know anything about Shinsui's or Nanao's bankais either, so it does seem odd for it to have been brought up so specifically. It brings up questions that will, undoubtedly, go unanswered. But its possible that they hadn't started working on gathering intel on bankais until sometime later. Considering that Urahara has been in the living world, its possible that when they started, he had already left Soul Society and had never bothered to use his bankai since.

Its even possible that Urahara never even had a bankai when he became Captain and developed it in the real world. I realize that people keep using the old argument that was made about bankais and captains, but I've learned not to put it past Kubo to contradict an earlier claim. I also remember something about ten vastolordes being a threat.

Of course I'm saying 'possible' a lot because everything I've said is completely speculation and will likely remain so.
Old 2016-03-11, 17:27   Link #8011
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Of course I'm saying 'possible' a lot because everything I've said is completely speculation and will likely remain so.
QFT, when you're reading bleach, you shouldn't sweat the small stuff. There are TOO many questions that go unanswered, even concerning the very basis of how the soul system works in the story...buuuut it doesn't really matter, because it's highly unlikely to be addressed, especially since this is the final arc of the manga.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-11, 19:28   Link #8012
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

So about Urahara's bankai ...

He reconstructed his eye and that guy's arm which got instantly cancelled by moving out of range. Then he recreated a way for Grimmjow and ... nothing. That's it. Perhaps I'm missing something here but while his bankai certainly is strong the way it was presented was really disappointing.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-11, 22:50   Link #8013
Saravis4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
So about Urahara's bankai ...

He reconstructed his eye and that guy's arm which got instantly cancelled by moving out of range. Then he recreated a way for Grimmjow and ... nothing. That's it. Perhaps I'm missing something here but while his bankai certainly is strong the way it was presented was really disappointing.
He restructured the ball from the outside to give Grim an entry, not super duper crazy amazing, but still effective. He might have also restructured Grim as well, considering his previously known state.
Old 2016-03-11, 23:28   Link #8014
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Spying on the Shinigami from the shadows does not mean omniscience. That didn't happen until Yhwach got the eyes. Urahara has always been secretive, even with the Gotei 13. Or have you forgotten his various hidden training sites, or his illegal Gigai, or the Hogyouku? All (except the site on Earth...probably) created while he was a Captain or before, and most without the knowledge of, if not explicitly hidden from, the Gotei 13. He was raised with the family that historically ran SS's "ninja army", and probably took his test there, if the anime version of events is any clue. Even his normal goofy personality has been suggested numerous times to be little more than a mask. There are any number of legitimate reasons why the Quincy wouldn't have known his Bankai. It's not a plot hole.
Old 2016-03-12, 12:51   Link #8015
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saravis4 View Post
its possible that they hadn't started working on gathering intel on bankais until sometime later. Considering that Urahara has been in the living world, its possible that when they started, he had already left Soul Society and had never bothered to use his bankai since.
yea that could be I guess.

Quote:
Its even possible that Urahara never even had a bankai when he became Captain and developed it in the real world.
I highly doubt that. Even Soi Fon begrudgingly accepted him as a Captain. She would have had to be pretty impressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Spying on the Shinigami from the shadows does not mean omniscience. That didn't happen until Yhwach got the eyes.
Never said it did. Since the shinigami didn't know they were there, then it stands to reason that they wouldn't take any measures to keep Quincy from spying who they didn't even know existed in the first place.

Quote:
Urahara has always been secretive, even with the Gotei 13. Or have you forgotten his various hidden training sites, or his illegal Gigai, or the Hogyouku? All (except the site on Earth...probably) created while he was a Captain or before, and most without the knowledge of, if not explicitly hidden from, the Gotei 13.
I didn't forget. And I doubt the Quincy would forget that either. So why such surprise about his Bankai? We were all waiting for it. The Quincy should have been too. It was stated out in the open among many people that he would be testing to become Captain back during the TBTP arc.
Old 2016-03-12, 13:15   Link #8016
Galaxian

So wait... Urahara's Bankai is the Ope-Ope fruit?
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-12, 13:35   Link #8017
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
So wait... Urahara's Bankai is the Ope-Ope fruit?
lol yea I was thinking that too. He might as well have said 'Room'
Old 2016-03-12, 14:47   Link #8018
Gilly

Lol, Ope Ope is the kind of hax you'd expect from Urahara. However, Law is best known for using teleportation, which Urahara hasn't displayed.
Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-12, 15:16   Link #8019
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
Lol, Ope Ope is the kind of hax you'd expect from Urahara. However, Law is best known for using teleportation, which Urahara hasn't displayed.
well, the powers are somewhat similar but also different, they have a defined range but cant manipulate the same things
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-16, 15:13   Link #8020
bakato

Chapter's up! Hitsugaya cracks a joke.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter