AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2017-02-28, 03:51   Link #361
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

No, but I estimated based on what I could do with scaling the fighter to her hanger decks, that something like 60 could fit in there.

There are two levels of hanger, plus the covered deck space under the main batteries and superstructure. Should be plenty of room for 60 fighters or dive bombers.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Also she probably can't operate the torpedo bombers if my scaling is even remotely close to correct.

If this is the case, the Gamilas battlecarriers would carry a third of what an Earth battlecarrier of the Andromeda type can carry. Though I wonder, aside from the wave motion guns, would you rather have three Gamilas battlecarriers over one Apollo Norm?
Old 2017-02-28, 05:13   Link #362
skaianDestiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
No, but I estimated based on what I could do with scaling the fighter to her hanger decks, that something like 60 could fit in there.

There are two levels of hanger, plus the covered deck space under the main batteries and superstructure. Should be plenty of room for 60 fighters or dive bombers.

Images
Also she probably can't operate the torpedo bombers if my scaling is even remotely close to correct.

If this is the case, the Gamilas battlecarriers would carry a third of what an Earth battlecarrier of the Andromeda type can carry. Though I wonder, aside from the wave motion guns, would you rather have three Gamilas battlecarriers over one Apollo Norm?
Depends on how impressive the Andromedas' armament ends up being, since a lot of it is new. Going by these Google translations:
Quote:
two-dimensional wave wave implosion radiator (common name: diffusion wave cannon)
40.6 cm three consecutive convergence compression type shock wave turret × 4
rapid fire torpedo tube × 4
gravitian spread launcher × 4
quadruped pair Ship Grenade Projector x 2 \
Subspace Torpedo Launcher x 4
Commander Protection Shockfield Gun x 3
Sixth Union Battle Battle Side Ray Projection Gun x 2
The Andromeda has one hell of a broadside as well as a varied armament. The carrier type would only be lacking 2 of the turrets. While the Gelvades may have more straight up guns with wide angles of fire, all of them are on the weaker side. The Andromeda-class is simply a lot more versatile.
Old 2017-02-28, 11:06   Link #363
TZoli

Funny Yuki:
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=46430284
Slightly R-18 Teresa (Naked)
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=61686219
Old 2017-02-28, 20:39   Link #364
skaianDestiny

Here's the Gamilas transport seen taking on the freed prisoners in episode 22 of 2199. Not entirely sure about the colors as we've only seen the backside of the ship.

Old 2017-02-28, 23:46   Link #365
GundamFan0083

Not sure if anybody is interested, but since we're on the subject of Isokaze/Yukikaze variants, this one comes from the old Yamato PS2 game series and it is interesting.

Source:

http://ourstarblazers.com/vault/342/
Old 2017-03-01, 06:55   Link #366
August138

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
I don't get it, why would they undercut their profits like this. Many of us bought the English-subbed version of the Japanese Blue-Rays.
There is minimal profit from overseas buyers, which number probably well under 100 in the US, for example. But, the reason for the lack of English Subtitles is potential North American licensees.

Quote:
Since this decision can change and new edition (say an International edition) can certainly be released, I'll wait and hold out hope that this is only for the domestic release and that they plan on an international release through Voyager.
Voyager Entertainment is working on licensing the both 2199 and 2202 to various foreign territories including Germany, France, and the US (they've licensed 2199 to Italy and a Blu-ray Box Set has already been issued there). This is the main reason why the English Subs are not going to be included on the Japanese domestic Blu-rays of 2202.

Quote:
However, if Voyager pulls the same type of crap they did with the 2199 release (all the Starblazer nonsense) then I can see 2202 getting subbed, and pirated over this very bad decision.
Again, Voyager is not going to be distributing 2199 and 2202 to North America themselves; they are currently in talks to US-based companies to take on these series, and then the distribution will be the sole responsibility of said licensee. Hopefully, it will be a high-profile company such as Crunchyroll or Funimation. Again, this is not a "very bad decision", this is a sound business decision.

If Voyager insisted on English Subtitles for the domestic release of 2202, that might deter companies such as Funimation, since that would constitute a parallel release, and could impede a deal between Voyager and said potential licensees. "Why would we want to license a series that's already available with English Subtitles to anyone with an Amazon account?" It's a logical decision.

Although frustrating for a handful of overseas fans.

Quote:
Ban Dai needs to stop making bad decisions like this that promote piracy.
Bandai (one word) had nothing to do with this decision. Bandai only has the right to release the series on DVD and Blu-ray domestically in Japan, only. The decision to exclude English Subtitles was made by the folks at the top, led by producer Shoji Nishizaki (son of Yamato creator-producer Yoshinobu Nishizaki), who is the head honcho of Voyager Entertainment.

Regardless, my Blu-ray of Volume 1 is on the way from Japan, and instead of waiting to see what may or may not happen with the series being properly launched in North America, I'm going to support and purchase all seven volumes of 2202. As I did with 2199, I'll be shelling out more to get the Theater Exclusives. And... When there is a US release, I'll double dip to support future Yamato productions.

Mostly, because I'm nuts. :P
Old 2017-03-01, 07:07   Link #367
August138

Spoiler podcast for chapter 1!

From my Yamato pal, Gwyn Campbell... "For those who aren't adverse to spoilers and are interested in what happens in Chapter 1 of Yamato 2202, we had the privilege or sitting down with Tim Eldred (ourstarblazers.com) here in Tokyo to talk all about it. SPOILER WARNING IS IN FULL EFFECT!"

Deculture Shock's SpeakerPODcast Episode 76: "YAMATO 2202 CH.1: BEGINNINGS"
http://www.decultureshock.com/speake...-1-beginnings/
Old 2017-03-01, 07:27   Link #368
August138

Funny ship names re: Sugarloaf

Yes, while it's been stated that the name is from an incident during the Battle of Okinawa at the end of World War 2, these statements have been dismissive of the importance and severity of said skirmish involving the US Marines to take said position, known as "Sugar Loaf Hill" — called a "killing ground" by historians. Sugar Loaf Hill was a small, insignificant-looking mound, barely 50 feet high and about 300 yards long, situated on the southern end of Okinawa.

It was part of a triangle of strongpoints set up by the Japanese defenders to delay and damage the attacking American forces. It took eleven tries during a 12-day period, decimating nearly three regiments, before the hill was taken from the Japanese. Regiments were reduced to company strength, and companies to platoon size. In some cases, whole platoons and squads simply ceased to exist. The Japanese were so entrenched that many Marines fought the battles without ever sighting the enemy.

Eventually, the realization sank in, that the mound was an interlocking system of caves and tunnels with the firing ports so cleverly disguised as to be virtually undetectable. The tanks being used to support the assaults often fell victim to mines, artillery and antitank fire. The killing ground leading up to Sugar Loaf was littered for days by the dead, and it was only after the battle that they could be recovered. By the time it was all over, 1,656 Marines were dead and 7,429 were wounded.

So, christening a UNCF ship, Sugarloaf, takes on a whole new meaning to those who are aware of one of the bloodiest battles ever fought by the US Marine Corps.
Old 2017-03-01, 09:02   Link #369
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Piecing together things found online, short clips, podcasts, and other things make it seem plausible to figure things out.

And they are correct on that podcast; Yamamoto's "Under Armour" is quite nice.
Old 2017-03-01, 09:23   Link #370
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Quote:
That's what I'm hoping for, that in April Ban Dai will announce some type of international edition of 2202 and it will contain English-Subs.

If not, then it will likely be fan-subbed and pirated.
I mean, if you can still get Getter-robo and Mazinger-Z fan-subbed, then there is no doubt in my mind this will get fan-subbed if Ban Dai fails to release an official version.

I really hope they do release an official subbed edition so I can buy it and help support future Yamato projects.
I dislike piracy, and would prefer to help financially support Ban Dai's revival of what I consider to be the greatest of all anime series.
Problem is they have Voyager in their credits at the end of the movie. Voyager didn't even finish the release of 2199. Don't care since I was buying 2199 direct from Japan along with the movie that occurs before the Yamato gets back to Earth. But I do care since this is bad news for those of us wanting to see an English subtitled version of 2202.

Voyager still hasn't updated their page since the Aug 2014 delay announcement and order page announcement. 2 1/2 years of silence does not bode well for a timely 2202 release. And if any of the translation contains the words Argo, Wildstar, Venture, etc... they can kiss any sales to me goodbye.

I'm sure the fansubs will be popping up thanks to Bandai's shortsighted decision. They could have marketed this so well to those of us not in Japan. And I'm sure there are many of us here who would have paid the extra bucks to get the Blu-ray from them with subtitles.
Old 2017-03-01, 11:01   Link #371
TZoli

Nice AMV with a sad song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqjbsvcvbyo

But you see much more scenes giving a correct story beginning!
Old 2017-03-01, 13:14   Link #372
bensellers

Ooh nice! Did I see the cargo ship from Yamato Resurrection in there?
Old 2017-03-01, 13:26   Link #373
TZoli

Yes! That is the cargo ship Yuki!
Images
Old 2017-03-01, 13:26   Link #374
bensellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZoli View Post
Yes! That is the cargo ship Yuki!
Images
Well that appears to confirm they're going to be tying this in with resurrection.
Old 2017-03-01, 13:40   Link #375
skaianDestiny

Hmmm, I wouldn't say that quite yet. Pretty sure that was from the Under Armor ad, which I'm fairly sure is noncanon.
Old 2017-03-01, 13:41   Link #376
TZoli

What is this Under Armour thing? Isn't it a fictional company in Yamato 2202 Anime?
Old 2017-03-01, 14:12   Link #377
bensellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaianDestiny View Post
Hmmm, I wouldn't say that quite yet. Pretty sure that was from the Under Armor ad, which I'm fairly sure is noncanon.
Actually, listening to the podcast interview with Tim Eldred, the footage from the Under Armor ad (except for Yamamoto blowing up the battleship) is canon and shows up in episode 2. And the rest of the footage in the Amv is certainly not in the under armor ad, which makes me think the entirety of the footage in the AMV is from the actual episodes.

EDIT: Also, Kodai's ship is UNCF-00885-2201, which means the UNCN has built 885 ships (at least) in the year 2201 alone, right? That's...really goddamn impressive.
Old 2017-03-01, 15:09   Link #378
TZoli

According to the Japanese Wiki, the Murasame refit replaced it's 20cm nose shock cannon with a 28cm one while the 20cm guns replaced by shock cannons, different torpedoes and added Wave motion core as well as Wave motion shields!
Old 2017-03-01, 15:12   Link #379
bensellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZoli View Post
According to the Japanese Wiki, the Murasame refit replaced it's 20cm nose shock cannon with a 28cm one while the 20cm guns replaced by shock cannons, different torpedoes and added Wave motion core as well as Wave motion shields!
Yeah I think we've known that for a couple weeks since SD posted the google translate version of the mecha description on the website. Sorry.
Old 2017-03-01, 15:19   Link #380
TZoli

Probably but difficult to search back in the forum. Well I did not know that.
Closed Thread