Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2014-03-04, 08:12   Link #11141
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Singapore Is The World's Most Expensive City to Live In

This can mean two things: SaintessHeart is either poor or rich right now.
Bad presentation of figures. The stuff, other than bread and petrol, all has sin tax on it.

Petrol works in the same way as cash crops, we don't use their derivatives we get from Pulau Bukom, we SELL them for more cash and buy petrol from other countries based on currency difference. The reason why it is so expensive is because we pay for the export cost, shipping and exchange rate commissions.

Also, the Gardenia/Sunshine companies are heavily watched by NTUC. The worker salaries (for Singaporean ones that is) are quite equitable. They technically move the bread market here.

The real problem is domestic demand. With so many people around and purchasing needs, it drives up the cost than the supply can feed in, namely through our 6 terminals handling close to 1.3b tons of stuff every year (that is around 100m tons of per month, 3m tons per day).

Expensive? I don't know, but I think if you save well and spend carefully, it isn't as expensive as one think. But given the stagnant wages (the 9% increase is pure bull. I took a 5.5% paycut last year moving to a new job), things WILL be more expensive for the lay citizen in the future. Civil/GLC workers won't feel it, of course.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 08:16   Link #11142
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
URL="http://gawker.com/singapore-is-the-worlds-most-expensive-city-1535782824"]Singapore Is The World's Most Expensive City to Live In[/URL]

This can mean two things: SaintessHeart is either poor or rich right now.
Can't be harder than Tokyo or London. How many people actually owned a house (not flat) in Singapore
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 08:22   Link #11143
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Can't be harder than Tokyo or London. How many people actually owned a house (not flat) in Singapore
You think so?

You think many of us own landed property here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Bad presentation of figures. The stuff, other than bread and petrol, all has sin tax on it.

Petrol works in the same way as cash crops, we don't use their derivatives we get from Pulau Bukom, we SELL them for more cash and buy petrol from other countries based on currency difference. The reason why it is so expensive is because we pay for the export cost, shipping and exchange rate commissions.

Also, the Gardenia/Sunshine companies are heavily watched by NTUC. The worker salaries (for Singaporean ones that is) are quite equitable. They technically move the bread market here.

The real problem is domestic demand. With so many people around and purchasing needs, it drives up the cost than the supply can feed in, namely through our 6 terminals handling close to 1.3b tons of stuff every year (that is around 100m tons of per month, 3m tons per day).

Expensive? I don't know, but I think if you save well and spend carefully, it isn't as expensive as one think. But given the stagnant wages (the 9% increase is pure bull. I took a 5.5% paycut last year moving to a new job), things WILL be more expensive for the lay citizen in the future. Civil/GLC workers won't feel it, of course.
You compare our prices here, it's the same as Tokyo's actually......advantage here is in the lesser need for long distance travel fares since the place is so small.
Old 2014-03-04, 08:22   Link #11144
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Price of land != price of housing. Demand for land in Singapore != Demand for land in London/Tokyo. There may be correlation, but please check your math AND economics before you shoot something out like that.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2014-03-04, 08:28   Link #11145
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Price of land != price of housing. Demand for land in Singapore != Demand for land in London/Tokyo. There may be correlation, but please check your math AND economics before you shoot something out like that.
Actually right...I hear the price of land in Japan's city outskirts can be cheaper than land price here even...
Old 2014-03-04, 08:35   Link #11146
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Actually right...I hear the price of land in Japan's city outskirts can be cheaper than land price here even...
That is why I use demand of land rather than supply of land.

Whichever over-educated underqualified economoron dictate that the latter word influences the former and price should be shot. Demand is always the prime concept in the case of land because of something called prime land. Developers jostle for that shit because people, in their irrationality, like that spot because they can emotionally connect to it.

Old 2014-03-04, 08:39   Link #11147
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Mass. man's speeding excuse? I won the lottery!
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...02-28-11-55-38

Man wakes up in body bag at funeral home
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...02-28-09-05-06
Old 2014-03-04, 08:54   Link #11148
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
That is why I use demand of land rather than supply of land.

Whichever over-educated underqualified economoron dictate that the latter word influences the former and price should be shot. Demand is always the prime concept in the case of land because of something called prime land. Developers jostle for that shit because people, in their irrationality, like that spot because they can emotionally connect to it.
Yeah..but it is an example of how land here is not as cheap as he said above

Prime land? Your million dollar Sentosa Cove/ Orchard Road lor

That said...I actually like the land around Seletar Camp...pains me to see that they turned it and Jalan Kayu into a massive constuction zone for an airport/ aerospace tech park....My heart really bleeds at that
Old 2014-03-04, 09:09   Link #11149
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Yeah..but it is an example of how land here is not as cheap as he said above

Prime land? Your million dollar Sentosa Cove/ Orchard Road lor

That said...I actually like the land around Seletar Camp...pains me to see that they turned it and Jalan Kayu into a massive constuction zone for an airport/ aerospace tech park....My heart really bleeds at that
Singapore only has garbage quality land because it used to be swamps. It is the property that is worth money, not the land.

Same old concept of develop and market will turn anything crappy into something awesome. Like Dubai.

Besides, I thought building that Pratt Whitney maintenance base is a good thing alongside the Eurocopter workshop. Plenty of money to be made from servicing aircraft parts, and helps drive down salaries of local aerospace engineers (overpaid and uncreative) while increasing their expertise.

Old 2014-03-04, 14:45   Link #11150
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
most people focus so much on how bad China/Japan's relationship is. They forget that South Korea and Japan's relationship really isn't that much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Man wakes up in body bag at funeral home
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...02-28-09-05-06
someone is in a hurry to get their inheritance

Last edited by Hunter; 2014-03-09 at 12:56.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 06:19   Link #11151
killer3000ad

Two men injured in fight involving Zelda replica sword

Dude was lucky it was only a Master Sword and not a Biggoron Sword. Also it was a fight between the girl's current boyfriend and her estranged husband, that girl better have been worth the trouble of whipping out yo Master Sword.
Old 2014-03-05, 07:40   Link #11152
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
Two men injured in fight involving Zelda replica sword

Dude was lucky it was only a Master Sword and not a Biggoron Sword. Also it was a fight between the girl's current boyfriend and her estranged husband, that girl better have been worth the trouble of whipping out yo Master Sword.
I was expecting rupees to drop out of the smashed flowerpot.

Old 2014-03-05, 07:45   Link #11153
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I was expecting rupees to drop out of the smashed flowerpot.
The husband should have whipped out a boomerang in reply
Old 2014-03-05, 08:22   Link #11154
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

German court: implants no impediment to police job
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...03-04-08-53-05

NY Times prints Northup correction 161 years later
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...03-04-19-47-38
Old 2014-03-05, 08:27   Link #11155
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
German court: implants no impediment to police job
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...03-04-08-53-05
Why does a policewoman need breast implants.

Old 2014-03-05, 08:34   Link #11156
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Why does a policewoman need breast implants.
More importantly, why would you turn her down!?
Old 2014-03-05, 08:58   Link #11157
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
More importantly, why would you turn her down!?
She has got those big things! And being a policewoman makes her more dominating!

Old 2014-03-05, 08:59   Link #11158
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
She has got those big things! And being a policewoman makes her more dominating!
I thought you were more into lolis with DFCs..
Old 2014-03-05, 09:03   Link #11159
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
So you fear big boobs?
I know some strong women you might want to meet.
Old 2014-03-05, 09:43   Link #11160
Tiberium Wolf

11% Of Americans Think HTML Is A Sexually Transmitted Disease

Below are the others and btw, check the pics used:

There were other tech definitions that subjects weren’t familiar with, including 20% saying they believed a “motherboard” was “the deck of a cruise ship.”

Twenty-three percent thought an “MP3” was actually a robot from Star Wars.

Eighteen percent believed that “Blu-ray” was some kind of marine animal.

Fifteen percent said “software” was a comfortable type of clothing.

Twelve percent said “USB” was an acronym for a European country.

And 27% of people surveyed thought a “gigabyte” was a South American insect.

Tags
humor