Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-29, 16:50   Link #61
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friera
WHAT?! Where did you find that out?!
An article from Wings (magazine Princess Princess runs in).

The cast will be:

Yutaka Mikoto: Kamakari Kenta (Shishido from Prince of Tennis musical, voice of "Ikki" in Air Gear)
Konou Tohru: Satou Takeru
Shihoudani Yuujirou: Fujita Rei

The student council president will be Saitou Takumi (Oshitari in Prince of Tennis musical, aka prettiest man alive T_T)

Official website is coming soon: http://www.drama-pripri.jp/
Old 2006-05-01, 00:02   Link #62
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
live action would be really funny XD

I just need some female charcters at least one to pop up someplace I dunno I'm just not a shounen ai fan at all and I get this vibe . If a girl appears at anytime i wanna see her.
Old 2006-05-02, 00:04   Link #63
heyyu
The Optimistic Nihilist

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino

The cast will be:

Yutaka Mikoto: Kamakari Kenta (Shishido from Prince of Tennis musical, voice of "Ikki" in Air Gear)

The student council president will be Saitou Takumi (Oshitari in Prince of Tennis musical, aka prettiest man alive T_T)

Interesting, so I take it they'll cross-dress as women too? That must take guts to take a role like that.
Old 2006-05-03, 11:00   Link #64
Friera

Send a message via MSN to Friera
http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?i...amacast2dj.jpg

Picture from the Live-Action PuriPuri.

So many pretty boys...

But I wonder why they will make LA of this? It isnęt so special or anything. Not like a blockbuster like Death Note or anything. Is is a megahit in Japan or something?
Old 2006-05-03, 11:16   Link #65
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino

The cast will be:

Who is Saitou Takumi? Is he as beautiful as Ryuhei Matsuda? Ryuhei Matsuda needs to be in the cast.
Old 2006-05-03, 20:07   Link #66
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifis
Who is Saitou Takumi? Is he as beautiful as Ryuhei Matsuda? Ryuhei Matsuda needs to be in the cast.
Saitou Takumi is the guy to the right of the question-mark-person in the picture in the post above yours. :P His official site is here. He's too beautiful to be human... !!

And I was pretty surprised that it got chosen to be Live Action, too. The manga is doing pretty well in Japan, but like other people said it's not exactly a blockbuster. But the concept seems like it would fit Live Action a lot better than anime. :P If it's real guys doing it it's a lot funnier and the audience is more likely to go "WHOA" when they see them as girls (it's easy to draw a guy as a girl, but not so easy to make a real guy a girl!).
Old 2006-05-07, 12:38   Link #67
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
I just need some female charcters at least one to pop up someplace I dunno I'm just not a shounen ai fan at all and I get this vibe . If a girl appears at anytime i wanna see her.
Well, your wish is (semi) granted in episode 05. At the end of this stalker episode, we see a glimpse, actually only the back side, of Mikoto's girlfriend Megumi. Her front side remains unrevealed and it was brief teaser appearence. Unfortunately I've been spoiled about Megumi's past and character. And after finding out the background of Megumi and who she is, combined with the premise of the show, I get the general impression that this series is just one big joke centered about gender identity...

Heh heh, live action of Princess Princess? I'll watch it just because I'm curious of how well they can make/dress up real boys convincingly into girls.
Old 2006-05-07, 13:35   Link #68
Hikari
Banned

You'd be surprised how nice some Asian boys can look as girls actually. Mostly those that have the right face for it and I've seen quote a few myself.

Regardless even if they don't look perfectly as girls, the actors are all really cute either way and the comedy effect is there^^
Old 2006-05-10, 04:25   Link #69
Echostarter
Fate's Gambler

Send a message via AIM to Echostarter
Princess Princess

... ... ...

I knew nothing about this show prior to downloading it except for the fact... that the main character has to dress up as a girl... weird... I decided to dl the first 5 episodes that were out to check out this ... err... quirky and interesting concept. I mean, afterall, I liked how Strawberry Eggs turned out... So, no reason that this show wouldn't be just as good.

At this point I've only seen the intro of the first episode... ... ... no girls ... were introduced whatsoever... only guys... that are dressed up as girls... and they look cute as hell.

I'd just like to say... that I'm straight... and I'm scared... lol.

(I have nothing against gays. it's just that... i'm a straight guy calling an anime guy.. pretty... and it's definitely different. lol.)

IN ANY CASE, I hope this show is good.
Old 2006-05-10, 05:04   Link #70
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
Well, your wish is (semi) granted in episode 05. At the end of this stalker episode, we see a glimpse, actually only the back side, of Mikoto's girlfriend Megumi. Her front side remains unrevealed and it was brief teaser appearence. Unfortunately I've been spoiled about Megumi's past and character. And after finding out the background of Megumi and who she is, combined with the premise of the show, I get the general impression that this series is just one big joke centered about gender identity...

Heh heh, live action of Princess Princess? I'll watch it just because I'm curious of how well they can make/dress up real boys convincingly into girls.

Oh,you mean is girlfriend is that megumi?the one from
Spoiler:

Do you think she will have a bigger role?wasn't her hairs too long?
Old 2006-05-10, 12:45   Link #71
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echostarter
... ... ...

I knew nothing about this show prior to downloading it except for the fact... that the main character has to dress up as a girl... weird... I decided to dl the first 5 episodes that were out to check out this ... err... quirky and interesting concept. I mean, afterall, I liked how Strawberry Eggs turned out... So, no reason that this show wouldn't be just as good.

At this point I've only seen the intro of the first episode... ... ... no girls ... were introduced whatsoever... only guys... that are dressed up as girls... and they look cute as hell.

I'd just like to say... that I'm straight... and I'm scared... lol.

(I have nothing against gays. it's just that... i'm a straight guy calling an anime guy.. pretty... and it's definitely different. lol.)

IN ANY CASE, I hope this show is good.
If there were girls around, they wouldn't bother to dress like THAT, would they? XD

Though it is kind of freaky how well they pull it off... they're prettier girls than most REAL girls in other anime. The live action version is definately going to be interesting if they do the same...

But I'm guessing girls will show up soon... one of the main charas has a girlfriend, and if they go to sports competitions "in public", surely the other schools participating have girls...?
Old 2006-05-11, 21:33   Link #72
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusIrae
Oh,you mean is girlfriend is that megumi?the one from
Spoiler:

Do you think she will have a bigger role?wasn't her hairs too long?
Spoiler for response:

Anyways saw episode 06.
Spoiler for Comments on ep06:

EDIT: Obliged in request below.

Last edited by Muir Woods; 2006-05-11 at 22:34.
Old 2006-05-11, 22:25   Link #73
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Send a message via AIM to Futaba-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Futaba-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-18, 03:21   Link #74
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

Sakamoto's episode (the 6th) was the funniest one. Don't miss his "unique" family and the "legendary Sakamoto sama"
Old 2006-05-20, 16:16   Link #75
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Saw episode 07.
Spoiler for Comments on episode 07:

Last edited by Muir Woods; 2006-05-20 at 17:41.
Old 2006-05-21, 01:27   Link #76
SinsI

Really enjoyed their version of "Cutey Honey". That was fun.

BTW, just seen episode 18 of Karin the Blood-Giving Vampire and it gave incredibly strong resemblance to PuriPuri - also all-boys school, also crazy bishounen that want something from other cute guys, same pathos and humor. And I could swear the seiyu for that girlish boy is the same one voicing Mikoto, down to their reaction(is he/she?).
Old 2006-05-21, 02:46   Link #77
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blablabla
Sakamoto's episode (the 6th) was the funniest one. Don't miss his "unique" family and the "legendary Sakamoto sama"
Yeah it was the best episode, when the last few episodes kinda creeped me out. I know its a yaoi show but there's only so much a straight guy can take. I'm watching this show mostly for the humor and ep 6 was the most funniest episode of all. ^_^
Old 2006-05-23, 00:42   Link #78
Tsukishirou

I decided to watch this series just cause it was one of the craziest ideas ever and I“m actually liking it. They don“t seem to be yaoi or anything (Only Tooru and Akira a little bit.)
The Sakamoto“s family Ep. is one of the best eps ever. Like when they get lost space from way too much bishiness.
And the legendary Sakamoto-sama acting like he was his little brother girlfriend was so weird XD (Even more cause he wasn“t joking).
Tooru and eh... yellow hair guy didn“t look "ike" when surrounded by Akira“s family.
Old 2006-05-25, 14:14   Link #79
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

An other "let's tease Mikoto" funny episode. The "Yaoi kiss" scene made me laugh to tears thanks to his reaction. But the best part was the... Hooooney furashu ! XD
The anime is going better and better. I really like it.
Old 2006-05-28, 00:57   Link #80
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Saw episode 08
Spoiler for Comments on episode 08:

Last edited by Muir Woods; 2006-05-28 at 20:38.
Closed Thread