AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-10-27, 02:39   Link #1481
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I think the real factor that determines whether Favre plays should be whether it will benefit or hurt the Vikings. Last year Favre was scintillating and the Vikings were 6-0 at this point. This year, 2-4 and he's already got 14 interceptions in 6 games vs 10 for all of last season. If that miracle pass he threw against the Packers had actually been caught fully in bounds, 3-3 wouldn't be such a spectre. But 2-4 raises issues.

Is there a dominant force yet? Well, New England and Pittsburgh are still around the mark. New York Jets are looking good (not convinced about the Giants yet, Eli Manning could've been crucified for those 3 interceptions versus a better team than Dallas). I've always had a soft spot for Seattle and they're in a good spot to take out the NCW division. Indianapolis is still in contention but their defense is suffering real problems versus teams with good running games - plus they really dodged a bullet against Washington. NCE and ACS look darn tight at the top. AFC has a fair lead on the NFC, but that could change big time by the end of the season. As for Buffalo - when will they win one? Detroit suffered the nightmare of 0-16 not so long ago. As for San Diego - their defense has carried them for years. I think they believe too much in that run they had to the conference final versus the Patriots.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2010-10-27 at 02:51.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 13:14   Link #1482
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Speaking of surprises, The hell is up with NFC South? Atlanta leading? Satan needs to get the pilot light lit down there.
I didn't think the Bucs would as good as they've been and didn't see the Panthers being as bad either.
Old 2010-10-27, 14:04   Link #1483
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Is there a dominant force yet? Well, New England and Pittsburgh are still around the mark.
I don't know, the records are pretty misleading right now. The Patriots have to improve quite a bit if they want to capitalize on their good start, because they've been barely squeezing by so far.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 14:10   Link #1484
solomon

Big ACC Matchup tommorow;

Anybody have an idea how the NCST/FSU game will go down (not you Highman I KNOW what you're gonna say, heh).

Big thing is whether or not Wolfpack's defense can protect against the 'Noles run. However, I haven't seen any NCST games so I can't talk about em.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 14:13   Link #1485
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I don't know, the records are pretty misleading right now. The Patriots have to improve quite a bit if they want to capitalize on their good start, because they've been barely squeezing by so far.
Would it be too much to say that the Jets are at the top? If at not, at least near it.
Old 2010-10-27, 14:18   Link #1486
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Would it be too much to say that the Jets are at the top? If at not, at least near it.
I think it's too early to say anyone is at the top. But the Jets are definitely up there, and will probably be a formidable opponent in the AFC East. If the Patriots keep improving (which I expect given all the youth on the team) there will probably be two AFC East teams in the playoffs.
Old 2010-10-27, 14:56   Link #1487
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Big ACC Matchup tommorow;

Anybody have an idea how the NCST/FSU game will go down (not you Highman I KNOW what you're gonna say, heh).

Big thing is whether or not Wolfpack's defense can protect against the 'Noles run. However, I haven't seen any NCST games so I can't talk about em.
NCST tends to play hot and cold. If Florida State can get of early turnovers (more-so if they're picks) and get an early multi-score lead, then Florida State will win.

Oh, and State's defense is garbage.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 15:10   Link #1488
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
NCST tends to play hot and cold. If Florida State can get of early turnovers (more-so if they're picks) and get an early multi-score lead, then Florida State will win.

Oh, and State's defense is garbage.
Well they have been efficient in Defense overall but the Offense department needs more tuning and Ponder has to take opportunities in going far passes. That's NC State's big issue right there, but I think FSU will overthrow NC State. This is not the same FSU team when they become relevent since the last ten years.

FSU wins 42-28! Plus I heard that FSU could be No 1# in recruiting next year. Future Dynasty team right here
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 16:51   Link #1489
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Good God, hearing you guys talk about Atlantic Coast Football makes me want to eat a bowl of yawnzZZZzzzZZZZzzZZZzzZZZzz....
Old 2010-10-28, 01:10   Link #1490
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^Good God, hearing you guys talk about Atlantic Coast Football makes me want to eat a bowl of yawnzZZZzzzZZZZzzZZZzzZZZzz....
I never know SEC (Sucking Easy Conference) was so awesome
Old 2010-10-28, 01:13   Link #1491
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
True that, but if you can still churn out wins while you're still sub-par, winning generally leads to better things. I'm not keen on New England and never will be, but I have to respect Belicheck's long term record and that he knows how to make his players win. Maybe after Round 10, things will be more definitive.
Old 2010-10-28, 01:43   Link #1492
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
As for Buffalo - when will they win one?
Sadly... they'll have a pretty good chance against the Bears in two weeks. Feels bad man...
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 02:49   Link #1493
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
Well they have been efficient in Defense overall but the Offense department needs more tuning and Ponder has to take opportunities in going far passes. That's NC State's big issue right there, but I think FSU will overthrow NC State. This is not the same FSU team when they become relevent since the last ten years.

FSU wins 42-28! Plus I heard that FSU could be No 1# in recruiting next year. Future Dynasty team right here
Ughh, that's just what everyone else in the ACC needs. Do admit them 'Noles have been getting better everyweek tho.
Old 2010-10-28, 02:51   Link #1494
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
I never know SEC (Sucking Easy Conference) was so awesome
Dude, I hate the tunnel vision of SEC homers too. But frankly it's hard to argue with their resume as a conference. I mean Dan Mullen even has Miss St. ranked!
Old 2010-10-28, 10:48   Link #1495
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
True that, but if you can still churn out wins while you're still sub-par, winning generally leads to better things. I'm not keen on New England and never will be, but I have to respect Belicheck's long term record and that he knows how to make his players win. Maybe after Round 10, things will be more definitive.
Yeah, I guess as a Patriots fan I just have come to recognize how they play in a championship year and they haven't reached that level yet... but with all the youth on the team they can definitely keep getting better.
Old 2010-10-28, 21:55   Link #1496
solomon

HOLY CRAP, WOLFPACK FOUGHT BACK!! HOW'D THAT HAPPEN??!!, gotta stop walking out at the half. Was 21-7 at half, now it's 24-21 with like 3 Min left
Old 2010-10-28, 21:57   Link #1497
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^You're gonna crap holy crap if NC State goes for it on 4th and Goal...Seriously 2 straight QB sneaks? I'd still go for it...3 Timeouts and Florida St. at the 1 if they don't get it...

EDIT: YUUUUUUUp! That's how you do $hit...No one ever gets mad when you lose going for the win...Touchdown!!

EDIT2: Holy $hit Wuh Happun?? I switch the channel for 1 minute, how did NCST get the ball? o_O

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2010-10-28 at 22:12.
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 22:25   Link #1498
solomon

IS it too much to say NCST won it? I mean they did get that fumbled ball......
Old 2010-10-28, 22:27   Link #1499
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

More like FSU lost it.

Christian Ponder fail, he had the TE wiiidddeee open had he not fumbled by himself. Faking to the wrong person? Who does that?
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 23:25   Link #1500
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
More like FSU lost it.

Christian Ponder fail, he had the TE wiiidddeee open had he not fumbled by himself. Faking to the wrong person? Who does that?
I'm just going to say this once and be done with it:

Fuck You Ponder I mean just Fuck You to hell! I'm really, really, really angry for FSU! Penalties and chippyness over FSU! We have shot ourselves to the foot, that's that!

Tags
american football, sports