Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-04, 17:27   Link #341
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Oh man you can't help but laugh when they talk about Lina's reputation. Though if you ask her companions its really not that far fetched . That's why you run away from "the enemy of all that live", Lina Inverse. Got to love the slight differences from how everyone else describes Lina and how she talks about herself. Lucky they only got their boats blown up when they ran away calling her "flat-chest".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alair View Post
I quite liked the charges-

"That's got to be at least a felony, right?"

"I don't think we'll be able to claim extenuating circumstances..."
Well you knew it had to come eventually. Eventually someone would claim her existence as a crime in itself . Then you have everyone discussing how tough it will be to defend her on these charges.
Old 2008-07-04, 18:49   Link #342
molitar

I loved this episode! It was PURE SLAYERS! I loved Lina getting pissed because someone stole her scene! LOL! I loved the charges! And when the Pirates really realized who she was just how fast they were groveling for their lives! I loved it! YEAH for SLAYERS!!!!
Old 2008-07-04, 18:52   Link #343
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Oh man I can't believe they came out with another Slayers series, I missed Xellos!!!

Spoiler for spoiler for novel character:
Old 2008-07-04, 19:04   Link #344
BloodRavyne

I saw some of the 1st season long ago and I'm wondering if I start with season 4 would I miss a lot and should watch the first 3 seasons first?
Old 2008-07-04, 19:18   Link #345
Wesley84

Is it just me or does it seem like Lina's actually managed to get smaller as she's gotten older?

My heart goes out to the cast. I love them all so much. There's no doubt they're all friends. They aren't just a cast of misfits who just so happen to be going in the same direction. They're companions. They are a true party of adventurers.
Old 2008-07-04, 20:22   Link #346
Kirarakim

Watching new Slayers is great. It's like revisiting old friends.
Old 2008-07-04, 20:44   Link #347
Yamada
Minori Fanboy

One word: classic.

This brings back so many good memories. Revolution has the same feeling as the original series - I've never watched an anime that makes me smile so much. Definitely a great start to the new season!

Now if only Xellos were there...
Old 2008-07-04, 20:55   Link #348
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Can someone tell me what's the order the series should be watched? Slayers Excellent is the first one, is it?
Old 2008-07-04, 21:00   Link #349
Yamada
Minori Fanboy

Slayers Excellent
Slayers The Motion Picture
Slayers Return
Slayers Great
Slayers Gorgeous
Slayers Special (aka Book of Spells)
Slayers
Slayers NEXT
Slayers Premium
Slayers TRY

Taken from here.

Though to be honest, I doubt it would hurt if you didn't watch Excellent first. In my opinion, as long as you watch Slayers, Slayers Next, and Slayers Try in order, you should be just fine.

Last edited by Yamada; 2008-07-04 at 21:35. Reason: aka
Old 2008-07-04, 21:07   Link #350
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamada View Post
Slayers Excellent
Slayers The Motion Picture
Slayers Return
Slayers Great
Slayers Gorgeous
Slayers Special
Slayers
Slayers NEXT
Slayers Premium
Slayers TRY

Taken from here.

Though to be honest, I doubt it would hurt if you didn't watch Excellent first. In my opinion, as long as you watch Slayers, Slayers Next, and Slayers Try in order, you should be just fine.
You forgot Book of Spells.
Old 2008-07-04, 21:22   Link #351
Yamada
Minori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
You forgot Book of Spells.
(Slayers Special)
Old 2008-07-04, 21:28   Link #352
Wesley84

Quote:
(Slayers Special)
Perhaps an "aka" is in order?
Old 2008-07-04, 21:40   Link #353
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
@Yamada: Thanks.
Old 2008-07-04, 22:07   Link #354
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

That was amazing! They have successfully kept the same feeling of the past Slayers series.

I was very curious what Gourry would do now that he gave away the Sword of Light. And we see at the end of the Opening the Sword of light, will Gourry get it back? Or will he have the Blast Sword from the manga? Or an entirely new weapon?

I also loved the charges. I think even some of the greater Mazoku couldn't rival with Lina in term of pure random destruction. Although to her credit it was the weird furry thing who destroyed the town this time.

I am so excited to see the next episode. I hope Xellos shows up soon!

Oh and one last question. Who will be the final boss this time? Lina has killed all sorts of Mazoku Lords, dragons and even a God.
Old 2008-07-04, 22:29   Link #355
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

You know Xellos is bound to show up sooner or later. Generally bringing a lot of trouble with him or signalling they are in trouble. Will probably come into things in the next few episodes or so.

Honestly didn't think Gourry would be having this much trouble without the sword of light. The blade he had when he wasn't using the sword of light usually held up. Definitely need to find something since without it he's just a guy with a really bad memory .
Old 2008-07-04, 22:49   Link #356
Wesley84

I like how Zel implied Gourry was simply too strong to use a normal sword.
Old 2008-07-05, 00:00   Link #357
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Man the first episode came at me with a ton of Nostaglic power added to it. It was great to see that the main characters have their original Seiyuus and even better that they're all still suited for their part.

A part of me was a bit worried that after all this time the legendary Megumi Hayashibara and especially Masami Suzuki wouldn't be able pull off Lina Inverse and Amelia anymore but it's a big relief to find out that not only those two but everyone else still got their skills and the series is off to a great start with the first episode ^_^

....Now I'm left wondering what will become of the Dub when it's inevitably released in the U.S......
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
Old 2008-07-05, 00:53   Link #358
Yamada
Minori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
....Now I'm left wondering what will become of the Dub when it's inevitably released in the U.S......
Cross your fingers and hope for the best. With a little bit of luck Lina's voice might be done once again by Ortiz. If that happened I could live with any changes in the rest.

Who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and have a full cast return. Though with the voice acting in Premium, the chances of that seem pretty slim indeed.

Like you said, I'm just happy we have the original Seiyuu.
Old 2008-07-05, 01:27   Link #359
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quickie coverage over at Anime History.

What can I say, the first episode was perfectly in the spirit of the classic 90's series and I espeically love the nice touch of leaving the designs looking like they are from that part. I was kind of hoping for some more Amelia, but hopefully we'll get that later. Need more justice speech and less fish-people. Also I'm sort of guessing that the weird Pokemon creature might be Xellos in disguise, but then again I guess not since the voice sounds different. Either way it's got to be a Mazoku.

Opening still rocks. One of the best opening themes I've heard all year actually. Cannot wait for the full version.
Old 2008-07-05, 01:38   Link #360
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Cross your fingers and hope for the best. With a little bit of luck Lina's voice might be done once again by Ortiz. If that happened I could live with any changes in the rest.

Who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and have a full cast return. Though with the voice acting in Premium, the chances of that seem pretty slim indeed.

Like you said, I'm just happy we have the original Seiyuu.
Well I'd really hope for mostly a full cast return for the English dub. While not a constant for this series enjoyed the dub. Felt that most of the main characters were really well done. Would just hope that a full series could get everyone back for it. But no matter the fate of the dub, at least we get the original seiyuu back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Quickie coverage over at Anime History.

What can I say, the first episode was perfectly in the spirit of the classic 90's series and I espeically love the nice touch of leaving the designs looking like they are from that part. I was kind of hoping for some more Amelia, but hopefully we'll get that later. Need more justice speech and less fish-people. Also I'm sort of guessing that the weird Pokemon creature might be Xellos in disguise, but then again I guess not since the voice sounds different. Either way it's got to be a Mazoku.

Opening still rocks. One of the best opening themes I've heard all year actually. Cannot wait for the full version.
Have to say that after "Mr.Chicken" anyone who turns out to be a monster doesn't surprise me. Definitely looks odd enough though could be some kind of chimera. But anyone that can use a dragon slave at the very least isn't anywhere near the ordinary range.

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, fantasy