AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-29, 15:40   Link #1181
moeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I think Iwase's gonna have a crush on Miura
I can't see that happening. Iwase likes men who just as intelligent as her. Miura is nice guy but doesn't have the intelligence factor like Shujin and Hattori to keep her interested.

Btw, I see Iwase as an obsessive control freak that must dominate her men. Sure she pretty, intelligent and aggressive, but she doesn't seem to show a sensitive side at all. I remember Shujin told her that he wanted to be a mangaka. Iwase flat out won't support his dreams while Kaya would. That is why Iwase won't find love per se.
Old 2010-05-29, 17:23   Link #1182
JiffyGB
*snicker*

Quote:
Am I the only one who thought Hatori's reaction funny?
oh my god I couldn't stop laughing at his face there! Maybe it's the first time a actually saw him look troubled? Either way it's friggin hilarious

One of my favorite chapters in recent memory, methinks.
Old 2010-05-29, 19:29   Link #1183
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Yep, considering from her point of view, Shujin just freaking stole Hattori from her. Iwase is such an awesome woman to watch and not be a girlfriend of.
Omfg, i know weird thoughts like this should never ever cross my mind as a guy, but damnit, i have to say, that was one kickass roflcopter YAOI reference you just made there.

I can already see iwase imagining a "boys´ love" type of scene, with a love triangle, where she gets slamed by the gay couple. oh god kill me now
Old 2010-05-29, 22:45   Link #1184
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
Omfg, i know weird thoughts like this should never ever cross my mind as a guy, but damnit, i have to say, that was one kickass roflcopter YAOI reference you just made there.

I can already see iwase imagining a "boys´ love" type of scene, with a love triangle, where she gets slamed by the gay couple. oh god kill me now
I just watched the Genshiken 2 episode where Ogiue fantasizes about the guys in yaoi situations, now you're putting ideas into my head

(Iwase will probably do an Ashirogi scenario and have Eiji draw it )
Old 2010-05-29, 22:48   Link #1185
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Dang, it's getting more and more epic. I'm glad I waited out the cliffhanger though; didn't have to suffer with the rest of you here with that cruel, cruel "no."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
(Iwase will probably do an Ashirogi scenario and have Eiji draw it )
Better yet, Iwase will imagine an Ashirogi scenario and force Eiji to insert himself into it! Foe Yay!
Old 2010-05-30, 11:25   Link #1186
Cinocard

It makes little sense to me that Miura is going to be incharge of one of Jump's most popular series, and in such an early stage, too. Other than that, this chapter was quite great for me.
Old 2010-06-04, 07:20   Link #1187
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

I LoL'd at Iwase's reaction to Miura's praise that she's a beautiful girl.
Old 2010-06-04, 07:34   Link #1188
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Looks like I was wrong...I'm guessing the next chapter's title should be: "Hell's wrath and a woman's scorn"
Old 2010-06-04, 07:45   Link #1189
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
the last page rounded it up pretty nicely.
Old 2010-06-04, 07:54   Link #1190
Freeter
beyond

Spoiler for page 88:
Old 2010-06-04, 10:32   Link #1191
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

lastest chapter

Spoiler for spoler:

Old 2010-06-04, 11:16   Link #1192
Wrath88
Kissing...

The funny thing about it is how the chapter reflected the way Iwase was treated. She got a very short notice that she was 'dumped', and it took place in one page.
Old 2010-06-04, 12:28   Link #1193
james0246

Good chapter. Bakuman is always best when it forgoes needless cliffhangers and focuses on the characters and how they interact with the medium they are working in. Whether it be gathering source material (ala tailing Hattori, etc) or describing the nuances of the manga they are working on (the panel discussion in this chapter was great), this is Bakuman at its best. This was probably my favourite manga in Jump this (upcoming) week...
Old 2010-06-04, 12:34   Link #1194
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Awesome chapter. The Ashirogi + Hattori team is back in full force! Hiramaru was funny as always, and it's nice to hear Otters 11 is doing good. His "relationship" with Aoki isn't doing to great though

The meeting between Iwase and Miura didn't fail to deliver. Good luck with her, Miura.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
lastest chapter

Spoiler for spoler:
Oricon lists it in the top 10 for the first half of 2010, so I say it's doing pretty damn well.
Old 2010-06-04, 12:36   Link #1195
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

That last page did not disappoint at all.
Old 2010-06-04, 12:47   Link #1196
moeman

It shows that Shujin made the right decision in having a relationship with Kaya. Iwase is a spoiled immature girl who wants things only her way. Funny how things turn out. If Iwase would have supported Shujin to follows his dreams, who knows what would've happened. Instead now she competes dircetly against him in the same magazine no less. She is a woman who doesn't understand why guys don't find her appealing, and the guys are the ones who are wrong. She doesn't look at her faults.
Old 2010-06-04, 12:57   Link #1197
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by moeman View Post
It shows that Shujin made the right decision in having a relationship with Kaya. Iwase is a spoiled immature girl who wants things only her way. Funny how things turn out. If Iwase would have supported Shujin to follows his dreams, who knows what would've happened. Instead now she competes dircetly against him in the same magazine no less. She is a woman who doesn't understand why guys don't find her appealing, and the guys are the ones who are wrong. She doesn't look at her faults.
That and even she probably doesn't realize what she wants out of life. That's why she makes decisions that can eventually be scrapped after a short time. Just look at how easily she dropped all prospects of a relationship with Hattori-sensei when she found out about the editor switch. All because even she's not sure what she wants, so she just grabs at the first thing that comes to her head and drops it the moment she sees something she thinks is better. Shujin was spot on about her in the beginning of the series, describing her as pompous and full of herself because she thinks she's smart and likes to show it off in all the most subtle manners. That's why he chose Kaya. If anything, Shujin is extremely good at reading people, and that's probably one of the things that makes him such a great author.
Old 2010-06-04, 13:32   Link #1198
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

He chose Kaya because she just happened to be close and didn't care that he wanted to be a mangaka. And has big boobs. That probably helped too. There were no overly complicated motives for it.

Anyway, the most striking thing for me this chapter was seeing Iwase's face on the last page. I don't think they've ever drawn her caricatured like that before. It doesn't fit her past personality at all, so I can only think that it's a glimpse at the role she's going to be playing in the future.
Old 2010-06-04, 14:20   Link #1199
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
He chose Kaya because she just happened to be close and didn't care that he wanted to be a mangaka. And has big boobs. That probably helped too. There were no overly complicated motives for it.
While that could have been a factor, he already hinted before that he wouldn't like to be with Iwase.
Old 2010-06-04, 15:47   Link #1200
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
While that could have been a factor, he already hinted before that he wouldn't like to be with Iwase.
Yea . . . I wasn't pointing out why he didn't choose Iwase. I was noting the reasons he chose Kaya.
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, shounen