AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-05, 13:53   Link #7621
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
When is vol 16 going to be finished? There's not much left, and what is left probably isn't that great, but it seems sort of weird for it to be left just short of complete.

Or is someone else working on it?
Cosmic Eagle.
Old 2011-02-05, 21:30   Link #7622
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Cosmic Eagle.
All that's left is Fianma rampaging in the Vatican....

Please be patient. I have anime I want to watch, VNs I want to read on top of the military life to deal with. I am translating it OTOT be assured.
Old 2011-02-05, 22:55   Link #7623
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post

Please be patient. I have anime I want to watch, VNs I want to read on top of the military life to deal with. I am translating it OTOT be assured.
Hey, hey... I'm not pushing you .
I was telling Marina who was in charge of the epilogue.
Old 2011-02-05, 23:58   Link #7624
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Now THAT would be more exciting than Touma, maybe not the son but that girl from the SS? She's still part of the story right?

Either way Hopefully they lasted longer than the last Kihara...

Another person I want to see come back is Cyber-Kakine, as unlikely as it sounds.
You think the 'freshman' will be Kihara Naruta, the loli girl even younger than Mikoto? She's actually a somewhat decent person despite being a Kihara, so I don't think she'll be the one...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
I have something to ask translators who work in Baka-Tsuki........Why do you guys skip most parts about ITEM (or Hamazura) in novel (except in vol.22, which I am very thankful!)

P.S. I'm sorry to be offensive ,but I have been wondering about this for a while. Thank you for reading my post.
Yeah I'm the one skipping the ones about ITEM - and it's less because of 'I find ITEM boring' and more because 'GROUP is just that awesome I prefer to do those parts 1st'. IMO, where Shiage is concerned is just him getting chased by forces vastly superior to him and him trying to deal with it; whereas with Accelerator and GROUP there's comparatively more diversity in plot.
I included most of Shiage's parts in Vol22 because even if it's that same formula... it's one of the few times I think it's on a truly epic scale and it just had to be done.

No offense taken from your question, of course
Old 2011-02-06, 00:10   Link #7625
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
You think the 'freshman' will be Kihara Naruta, the loli girl even younger than Mikoto? She's actually a somewhat decent person despite being a Kihara, so I don't think she'll be the one...
Freshman implies newbie right? Another way to look at it is that whoever this person is- This is their first step to the dark side.

Maybe the reason [Group] gets called back again isn't because of a new threat, but to stop someone from making their mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Yeah I'm the one skipping the ones about ITEM - and it's less because of 'I find ITEM boring' and more because 'GROUP is just that awesome I prefer to do those parts 1st'. IMO, where Shiage is concerned is just him getting chased by forces vastly superior to him and him trying to deal with it; whereas with Accelerator and GROUP there's comparatively more diversity in plot.
I included most of Shiage's parts in Vol22 because even if it's that same formula... it's one of the few times I think it's on a truly epic scale and it just had to be done.

No offense taken from your question, of course

Generally speaking, people tend to choose Accelerator over Shiage, to me Accelerator is in the epicenter of something huge, while Shiage is struggling around the edges.

I just don't see the appeal of Shiage yet, even with his [ITEM] harem.
Old 2011-02-06, 00:23   Link #7626
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Hey, hey... I'm not pushing you .
I was telling Marina who was in charge of the epilogue.
Yar I know. That was aimed at him.
Old 2011-02-06, 04:56   Link #7627
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post

Understood.

Old 2011-02-06, 05:36   Link #7628
TouMAN

is New Testament going to be translated right away ?
I would hate to wait to long for it.
Old 2011-02-06, 05:40   Link #7629
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

That will depend on three things:

1) Whether I can get materials immediately.
2) Whether I can set aside time.
3) Whether there's any other translators who will be helping out.

And pardon me for this, but I'm losing patience with readers who think that they are entitled to the translations.
Old 2011-02-06, 05:43   Link #7630
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouMAN View Post
It depends on how epic it is. The reason why volume 22 was practically translated over-night was because it was just so epic, people wanted to share.

However, please remember that translations are a privilege, not a right, and you should respect your translators. They have a life, and they're the ones spending money and dedicating time to do something wonderful for you.
Old 2011-02-06, 05:43   Link #7631
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouMAN View Post
The first hours would have highly unreliable summaries and excerpts from various Japanese sites, it would take a few days for the experts to sort out facts from false. But given the sharp rise in momentum that we have been experiencing, I suspect all hands would be on deck for the new novel.
Old 2011-02-06, 05:44   Link #7632
TouMAN

I´m sorry, I am just kind of new in this stuff so I don´t know much.
This should just be a quick question, sorry if I got on your nervs.
Old 2011-02-06, 06:04   Link #7633
tsunade666

summaries will be their. Tons of it but mostly are probably fake. Plus it takes days or maybe a week for a raw to be uploaded in the net. By that time. Sorting out what's fake and right will done.

And if it's awesome it can be translated fast by people who where mesmerized by it.
Old 2011-02-06, 06:15   Link #7634
UNDER_LINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
That will depend on three things:

1) Whether I can get materials immediately.
2) Whether I can set aside time.
3) Whether there's any other translators who will be helping out.

And pardon me for this, but I'm losing patience with readers who think that they are entitled to the translations.
Honestly, no offense to anyone here, but this is one of the reasons why I don't really like fan translators. They think just because they are doing this for free, the readers shouldn't say anything about it. The person who asked this question wasn't even complaining about anything. He was just asking a simple yes/no/maybe question about whether anyone's going to translate it right away, then you people just go ahead and assume that he's rushing you guys or something.

OK, back on the topic. I'm going to get the new volume as soon as it comes out either from my local bookstore or Amazon. I'm not going to translate it, but I can give chapter summaries as I read it if no one else has done so and no one has translated it.
Old 2011-02-06, 06:20   Link #7635
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

If I remembered correctly, it took 3 weeks before the dust settled over volume 22.

Of course, I intend for NT to be a GROUP project this time. I think 4 volumes is the max for me.

@UNDER LINE: It's not just that I'm assuming, but how are you going to interpret these words?

Quote:
I don't know if TouMAN intended this, but saying this puts pressure on me since it's like I have a deadline to meet. It's the wording that can be interpreted wrongly, you know.

And besides, I had one long talk about it on my talk page (and I wasn't involved at all...)

And I'm sorry for being arrogant-sounding, since I half-believe that's what you're making me out of, but the truth is that even we fan translators aren't omnipotent. Far from it. I'll be shocked if I can even translate 100kb of text in one day. Whatever I say may not apply to you, fine, but for me, there's a limited supply to the endless demand out there, and I have to work. I don't want to be hounded on the mailbox like loan sharks hunting me down because I haven't delivered the goods. Some lists of accomplishments I have include: 12 complaints regarding how slow my translations are, 65 complaints regarding how bad my translations are, nearly fracturing my wrist while translating volume 16, fatigue while trying to do my translation of volume 10 while in camp, fractured middle finger during the translation of volume 8, S$587 spent on books, failed attempts to recruit at least 7 translators, one bet with Suzuku which I will have to complete by November 11 this year.

I don't know about most other fan translators, but in fact, I could have just put up, shut up and get to work. There isn't a need for me to reply to that question at all. I believe someone on 4chan did say that I'll be doing NT once I can get resources for it (which is true, but the only person I ever said this to was js06). The reason why I'm posting here? It's lonely having to work alone on this, and you don't have to assume whether it will be translated.

I know you're just trying to make a point here, and I've made mine. Bottom line, this is nothing to be fussy over...

Last edited by Hell_ping; 2011-02-06 at 06:52.
Old 2011-02-06, 06:59   Link #7636
UNDER_LINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
@UNDER LINE: It's not that I'm assuming, but how are you going to interpret these words?
The way I interpret it is that he just wants to see it translated as soon as possible. But that doesn't mean he's telling anyone to translate it as soon as possible. I'm no expert in English, but for example when I hear someone say something like "I'd hate to see you go", I don't see that as putting pressure on me to not go.

And it's not like I'm ignoring your efforts or anything. Even though I don't read your translations, I still appreciate that you are actually doing something for the fans. Same goes to all fan translators. You can work at whatever pace you like, and you can ignore all complaints for all I care. What I don't like is that I often see fan translators saying stuff like "I'm doing this for free so STFU" when someone makes a complaint or a criticism.
Old 2011-02-06, 09:46   Link #7637
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Summary for New Testament is out.

Quote:
ローマ正教の暗部『神の右席』最後の一人、フィアンマがロシアから起こした第三
次世界大戦は、上条当麻の活躍により終結した。彼の、消失と共に。
ここは上条当麻が存在しない世界。
魔術サイドは再編・改善がすすみ、信徒たちには安息の日々が訪れていた。

科学サイド総本山の学園都市では、最強の超能力者・一方通行(アクセラレータ)が、『闇』と手を切り、打ち 止め(ラストオーダー)や番外個体(ミサカワースト)と共に騒がしくも穏やかな日常を過ごしていた。そこに は『グループ』の影も無い。

元スキルアウトの無能力者・浜面仕上は、ロシアで手に入れた『闇』との交渉材料を懐に、絹旗、滝壺、そして 帰ってきた麦野と共に新生『アイテム』を結成、活動を再開する。闇からの『卒業生』たちは、平穏を手に入れ たのだ。

――凶悪な『新入生』が、彼らの前に現れるまでは。
Translation would be appreciated. Too much for me.
Old 2011-02-06, 10:53   Link #7638
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Summary for New Testament is out.

Translation would be appreciated. Too much for me.
That's actually mostly/all a preview summary already translated and posted a bit back:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicjack View Post
And a new synopsis of the next Index volume is out. Most of it is old knowledge. It's basically saying:
This is a world without Kamijou Touma. The magic side was reorganized and changes were made. Accelerator + LO + MW are not touching the dark side, and there is no sign of GROUP. Hamazura + Kinuhata + Takitsubo + Mugino are working again as the new ITEM with the info they got in Russia for negotiations with the dark side.

What's new is the last line:
The "graduates" of the dark side got their peaceful lives......until an evil "freshman" appears in front of them.
Old 2011-02-06, 11:00   Link #7639
tsunade666

Well pretty much the same. I can only give summary on it.

The first part is about the end of the war in russia and saying something about god right seat and with the help of kamijou touma.

then a world where kamijou touma doesn't exist

the second part said something about the improvement in the magic side.

3rd part about accelerator living with last order and misaka worst having a peaceful life away from the darkness.

no trace of group either

Shiage restarting Item with the dark chip he obtained in russia.

the graduates from the dark side obtained peace

Until a brutal 'new student' appears in front of them.

EDIT:

basically the same thing with the added info about end of the war and magic side.
Old 2011-02-06, 12:00   Link #7640
Methias

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDER_LINE View Post
The way I interpret it is that he just wants to see it translated as soon as possible. But that doesn't mean he's telling anyone to translate it as soon as possible. I'm no expert in English, but for example when I hear someone say something like "I'd hate to see you go", I don't see that as putting pressure on me to not go.

And it's not like I'm ignoring your efforts or anything. Even though I don't read your translations, I still appreciate that you are actually doing something for the fans. Same goes to all fan translators. You can work at whatever pace you like, and you can ignore all complaints for all I care. What I don't like is that I often see fan translators saying stuff like "I'm doing this for free so STFU" when someone makes a complaint or a criticism.
Well then it's a matter of word interpretation, which honestly I think what Teh_Ping said was quite reasonable because saying "I'd hate to wait for the translation" would pretty much mean he expects it to see it as soon as possible, even though I would say all people would expect and hope and wish to see it as soon as possible, but he should learn how to phrase his wordings into something more positive.

I'm not saying you don't have the right to be frank, but if you were really appreciating the efforts of the fan translators, then might as well keep them happy by giving the extra mile by not making them feel pressured in any way, not that hard right? I mean most of the people are doing fine on it.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen