AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2010-12-31, 13:28   Link #81
Kavaron

OK here is my theory.

First of all Miura said recently that the Manga is around 70% done right now so my guess is that they will start the anime from chapter one and do the remake. But when the remake finishes we will see more seasons which will follow the manga till the end! That is the best possible scenario for the fans.

I believe this because the trailer shows Skullknight which means they will follow the manga 100% this time in order to keep the anime series going for many years!

So since the first volume was published in 1990 then it took 20 years for 70-75%. for the remaining 30% the anime would have 5 years not to catch up the manga.

I think they can make it... start the anime from chapter one and by the time the manga finishes the anime series will finish at the same time!

Fingers crossed!
Kavaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 13:42   Link #82
Rahan

It has been 4 years since Miura last managed to write enough material for 2 volumes in one year.
I don't see him raising his pace or ending the manga in a few volumes, hence I don't expect him to end the manga before the anime catch up. (unless they are Hellsing type OVA)

Actually, I don't even expect him to end it ever.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 13:54   Link #83
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavaron View Post
OK here is my theory.

First of all Miura said recently that the Manga is around 70% done right now so my guess is that they will start the anime from chapter one and do the remake. But when the remake finishes we will see more seasons which will follow the manga till the end! That is the best possible scenario for the fans.

I believe this because the trailer shows Skullknight which means they will follow the manga 100% this time in order to keep the anime series going for many years!

So since the first volume was published in 1990 then it took 20 years for 70-75%. for the remaining 30% the anime would have 5 years not to catch up the manga.

I think they can make it... start the anime from chapter one and by the time the manga finishes the anime series will finish at the same time!

Fingers crossed!
Oh FMA Brotherhood do the same canvas.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 05:09   Link #84
gonzo562

if this turns out to be a anime.

Its gonna be interesting how they will try to animate all the graphic stuff the berserk manga has. Its gonna be hard to do. I bet theirs gonna be a lot of censoring or stuff they edit out.
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 07:47   Link #85
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

It better be a movie [series]. The material is too chaotic and graphic for a anime.
Old 2011-01-01, 09:07   Link #86
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
It better be a movie [series]. The material is too chaotic and graphic for a anime.

During the latest years, the anime was increased with graphic violence such as Rainbow, the graphic scenes are reproduced faithfully but certain titles featuring the same line are censored on TV, but uncensored on DVD.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 10:55   Link #87
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
During the latest years, the anime was increased with graphic violence such as Rainbow, the graphic scenes are reproduced faithfully but certain titles featuring the same line are censored on TV, but uncensored on DVD.
Exactly, there's no point in a Tv series for this one. Now that I think of it, you're right, I guess a OVA series might work as well.
Old 2011-01-01, 11:16   Link #88
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo562 View Post
if this turns out to be a anime.

Its gonna be interesting how they will try to animate all the graphic stuff the berserk manga has.
I've seen worse than berserk aired on TV. If they're aiming for a mature enough audience, censorship shouldn't be a big issue.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 07:35   Link #89
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

News: Berserk to Be Theatrical Film Project
Old 2011-01-05, 09:28   Link #90
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Looks like they are going through the Hellsing Ultimate road: they are going to do a series of film in order to adapt the whole serie.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 14:33   Link #91
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

If they're truly planning to adapt the entire story, then this project will span over a few decades. It might have been wiser to wait for the manga to end first.

Courtesy of Heiji-sama:

Old 2011-01-05, 14:44   Link #92
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
then this project will span over a few decades. It might have been wiser to wait for the manga to end first.
Considering the project will span over a few decades by the time they've caught up with the manga the series will either be finished or the author will be dead which ever comes first.
Old 2011-01-05, 16:48   Link #93
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Considering the project will span over a few decades by the time they've caught up with the manga the series will either be finished or the author will be dead which ever comes first.
I fully expect the latter. This just screams incomplete project on both sides. It's going to take way too many movies to get this done properly.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 18:03   Link #94
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It might have been wiser to wait for the manga to end first.
I have to wonder if it is ever going to end. Maybe they know something we don't.
Old 2011-01-05, 18:20   Link #95
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

So more like Hellsing Ultimate OVA quality with more duration ?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 13:34   Link #96
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
I have to wonder if it is ever going to end. Maybe they know something we don't.
Even if Miura told them he's planning to end the manga in XX years, if I were them, I would never trust him
Old 2011-07-05, 03:06   Link #97
shels

i heard somewhere the releasing date for the first film is January 2012, any news about it?

*edit
the announcement scan (i think) if anyone care to translate:
Spoiler:
shels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 05:27   Link #98
duckroll
綺羅星★!

The director is Toshiyuki Kubooka, Studio 4C is producing it, and Warner Brothers is distributing it in Japan.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 06:19   Link #99
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Warner Brothers? Wow...and they're going with the studio who made that anime Batman movie series and one of its director's...I'm guessing this will have a distinct western dark knight feel.
Old 2011-07-05, 06:37   Link #100
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Err.. I wouldn't make any sort of assumptions about that. Warner Brothers Japan distributes quite a few anime films in Japan, even those which they have no plans to distribute or attain rights for outside of Japan.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, berserk, seinen