AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-02, 12:43   Link #261
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
BTW, some people have mentioned that Prissy is heading towards Raciella in an attempt to save Raki's humanity. I think if she is rushing towards Raciella, it would be for revenge only. How exactly would Prissy killing Raciella save Raki? To me, it seems kind of far fetched that all the Cat Girls and spears would stop functioning just because Raciella is dead. It kinda suggest that there is some sort of psychic link between the Destroyer and the Cat Girls. That somehow Raciella is controlling all those little pieces and has a super computer for a mind that is great at multitasking. I rather keep it simple, and think that the Cat Girls function independently, and that taking out Raciella wouldn't save Raki,
Old 2009-10-02, 12:45   Link #262
Sci-Fi

Might have a 'Save Raki' arc. Where's Priscilla, Riful, and Alicia anyways?
Old 2009-10-02, 12:46   Link #263
servidor

For the expression of both Yuma and Cynthia watching Beth awakening, I guess both need a change of underwear.
Old 2009-10-02, 12:52   Link #264
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Technically, Beth didn't awaken.
Old 2009-10-02, 12:57   Link #265
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Poll: What will happen to Alicia?

1) Controlled by the parasite that took on the qualities of Beth.
2) Ends up following Riful and becoming her Ally.
3) Will go off on her own.
Old 2009-10-02, 13:00   Link #266
Tevourious

Ugh if they turn Raki into some kind of supreme badass. I'm going to be seriously disappointed. There are very very few serious minded female centric mangas and anime with female leads who aren't just sex objects, victims or rotating around a stronger male figure. Let the ladies shine run the show for once. Though I'm fine with them turning him into some horrible monster they have to destroy for drama's sake
Old 2009-10-02, 13:01   Link #267
Tevourious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta View Post
Poll: What will happen to Alicia?

1) Controlled by the parasite that took on the qualities of Beth.
2) Ends up following Riful and becoming her Ally.
3) Will go off on her own.
I'm thinking her sister will have to kill her. Fitting since sisters are what caused it.
Old 2009-10-02, 13:11   Link #268
straferd
Toushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tevourious View Post
Ugh if they turn Raki into some kind of supreme badass. I'm going to be seriously disappointed. There are very very few serious minded female centric mangas and anime with female leads who aren't just sex objects, victims or rotating around a stronger male figure. Let the ladies shine run the show for once. Though I'm fine with them turning him into some horrible monster they have to destroy for drama's sake
Clare vs Raki ? I could see that happen, it could give us some drama and tragedy. Problem is that Raki is not a common character, so people wont care if he dies. I mean, would you have a tear in your eye when Clare kills him?
Old 2009-10-02, 13:12   Link #269
Tevourious

Heck no I wish he was dead allready
Old 2009-10-02, 13:15   Link #270
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Yes. Yes I would.

Maybe not a tear but I would be really sad.
Old 2009-10-02, 13:21   Link #271
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

I probably would see it as more good than bad if Raki is gone. I've been enjoying the reprieve from Raki. Heck, almost all the best moments in the story he isn't present . Though ultimately it probably should be some sort of reunion with Raki and Clare. I just rather it be as siblings versus love interests, because Clare deserve better than Raki.
Old 2009-10-02, 13:31   Link #272
straferd
Toushi

I think this Raki Motivator pic says it all
Old 2009-10-02, 13:35   Link #273
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Comparing the Anime Raki to the Manga Raki is stupid.
Old 2009-10-02, 13:39   Link #274
straferd
Toushi

It's just for fun, and it doesnt change tha fact that Raki's been useless in 26 anime episodes and 95 manga chapters.
Old 2009-10-02, 13:40   Link #275
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
Comparing the Anime Raki to the Manga Raki is stupid.
Out of curiosity, how exactly is Manga Raki better than Anime Raki. I read the Manga first, and then watched the Anime, so my dislike from the character started in the Manga. In quite the reverse of what some pro-Raki people are saying, I actually find the japanese voice dubbed Raki more tolerable than the Manga version. Then Englished dubbed one is the worst though.
Old 2009-10-02, 13:41   Link #276
Nixl

I know someone has said previously they do not want the story taken from a female perspective a more male perspective. However, I would argue that the whole story has taken on multiple perspectives(not necessarily female vs male) leading up to a conflict/issue. I mean up in the last chapters we have had
-Claire/Cynthia/Yuma
-Raki/Pris
-Mibs
-Isley
-Riful/Duff
-Rene
-Deneve/Helen
-Miria/galatea/Tabitha
-Clarice/Galatea/Priest guy/Miata

Switching back and forth between the charatcer(s). If Raki dies it is just one less perspective on what is happening. Despite Raki haters, the few chapters/perspectives for him are not that bad really. Even we want to talk about how he was pre-timeskip, I thought Claire was just as boring.
Old 2009-10-02, 13:44   Link #277
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Switching back and forth between the charatcer(s). If Raki dies it is just one less perspective on what is happening. Despite Raki haters, the few chapters/perspectives for him are not that bad really. Even we want to talk about how he was pre-timeskip, I thought Claire was just as boring.
You like scenes from the Raki perspective? As for Clare being boring, the only thing I can think of was that she didn't become multidimensional until the Teresa of the faint smile arc. Claymore had a slow start, IMO, but once the Teresa of the faint smile are happened, it was great arc after great arc, and I don't think Clare was boring during those.
Old 2009-10-02, 13:47   Link #278
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tevourious View Post
Heck no I wish he was dead allready
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
Yes. Yes I would.

Maybe not a tear but I would be really sad.
Come On!

We all be sad if Raki dies... even if you want him dead. We'll be said because of the impact it will have on Clare.
Old 2009-10-02, 13:49   Link #279
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by straferd View Post
it doesnt change tha fact that Raki's been useless for 95 manga chapters.
Softening Isley and Priscilla, thus stopping them from attacking the West and conquer the Continent doesn't count now?
Give Clare a reason to live besides revenge also doesn't count?
What about saving Clare from Awakening in Rabona and being raped and killed by Ophelia? Does that count?

Yeahhhh...useless.

Gangsta: working on the answer.
Old 2009-10-02, 13:49   Link #280
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

I'm disapointed in this chapter.

It is great, but It raises more questions and gives no answer.

I always thought Isley had given Raki some yoki filed armor, it looks like it might have been the Org that gave Raki a power-up. So, how did Raki get in contact with the Org? Where was Priscilla? How did that happen?

I was expecting a power up from Clare, it did not happen, but it's not to late.

Riful?
Alicia?
Priscilla?
Raki?
Duff?
Reneer?
Clare/Rafaela's connection?
on and on and on and on and on and on and on ...............................................

No answers just more questions. Have to wait/suffer for an entire month.

Edit:
Beth the headless horse man/woman/Claymore. lol

Last edited by Awakened; 2009-10-02 at 17:23.
Closed Thread