AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-28, 15:59   Link #1
red<3devil

Lightbulb romance/magic or fantasy/comedy ?

Is there any romance/magic or fantasy/comedy animes? Here a list of what I've watched:

Tokyo mew mew
okamisan
k-on
mermaid melody
happy seven
nanstuiro drops
princess tutu
cardcaptor sakura
a-channel
arostottets toy
sugar sugar rune
save me lolipop
kill me baby
Old 2012-04-28, 16:19   Link #2
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Zero no Tsukaima: it's just the best bet, seriously: it's about a boy, Saito, and a mage, Louise: one day Louise summons Saito as her familiar, in another world and there it begins. There is a lot of romance, comedy and some ecchiness; it's settled in another world, filled with mages and there is a lot of playing around magic. The first episode will be enough, in my opinion. This anime is made of 4 seasons (12 eps per season), and it's finished. I personally found it very funny, dramatic when needed and it contains one of the most satisfying romance (Don't you find irritating when the two lovers just end up holding hands and nothing more? Here you won't have such issue, seriously) Here a pic:
Spoiler for pic:
Old 2012-04-28, 16:43   Link #3
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Here's my list :
Negima! (really one of my favorites )
Mirmo! (sounds a bit childish, but I loved it !)
My Melody (I watched it some episodes in a cable my parents had and I find it good)
Kirarin Revolution (Might fit your tastes but I only watched a couple of episodes)
Jewelpet (don't watch myself but the plot sounds good)
Ginban Kaleidoscope (ditto)
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-28, 17:00   Link #4
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
To Aru Majutsu on Index - It's about a boy named Touma Kamijou with an ability in his right hand to erase supernatural phenomena and his own luck. He encounters a nun named Index and his life gets dragged into a controversial world of both science and magic.

Yosuga no Sora - It's about a boy named Haru and his twin sister Sora moving from the city to a rural village town where they once lived. It's there Haru encounters old faces, new people, and his life will never be the same.

Air - It's about a traveler named Yukito trying to find a mythical winged girl his mother spent her whole life searching. He encounters a sweet and lonely named Misuzu, their meeting will begin a summer that will unite the destinies of those two and the people around them.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica - It's about a girl named Madoka who lived a normal life until her encounter with a mysterious transfer student and a wish granting creature asking her to become a Magical Girl. It's then her life and the people around her are forever changed drastically.

Last edited by Kirito; 2012-04-28 at 19:09.
Old 2012-04-28, 17:24   Link #5
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Both Someday's Dreamers and its sequel Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto: Natsu no Sora are about young women who have magical powers and attend an academy to hone their skills. The original series is licensed. The second is fansubbed and has a stronger romantic theme.

Scrapped Princess blends science-fiction and magical fantasy with a good dose of romance.

There's quite a bit of magic and a bit of romance in the CLAMP series xxxHolic. That show shares some characters and story with Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles and its sequels.

Guin Saga is a traditional heroic quest story with an unusual main character, an amnesiac man who has the head of a leopard. Some romance, and some annoyingly whiny characters, in this show.

Yakushiji Ryoko no Kaiki Jikenbo focuses on a woman who heads the "Supernatural Division" of the Tokyo Police. The first few episodes tend to the "monster-of-the-week" approach, but the story gets better in the second half. A lot of sexual tension between Ryoko and her male second-in-command.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2012-04-28 at 17:35.
Old 2012-04-28, 18:57   Link #6
JRendell
Manga Addict

Give Desetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu a shot.
Old 2012-04-28, 19:06   Link #7
Zakoo

Shakugan no Shana, Tsubasa reservoir chronicles (manga only though, I don't advise the anime), Zero no Tsukaima ... Mostly light novel adapted to anime I think. Yeah Busou Renkin was pretty good but quite old.

Aside that there is Angel beats, Clannad, boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai for the "lulz".
Old 2012-04-28, 19:11   Link #8
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

I second Zero no Tsukaima, its pretty much what you want in a nutshell
It is really good.
Old 2012-04-29, 03:52   Link #9
dametsuna

Kore wa Zombie desu ka
100% will make you laugh until your stomach hurts.
Old 2012-04-29, 10:15   Link #10
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Haiyore! Nyaruko-San, Fantasy and Comedy describe the show perfectly, I mean what else could you call a series about some Cthulhu Mythos deities taking on the forms of Cute Girls and have plenty of comically absurdness going on?

I'll second Shakugan no Shana as well.
MAL
Old 2012-04-29, 16:09   Link #11
red<3devil

ty soooo much
Old 2012-05-01, 17:13   Link #12
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
I recommend Slayers.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2012-05-05, 04:11   Link #13
Practical joke
...completely lost it...

I recommend Spice and Wolf.

there are some good suggestions in here already.
check em out
Closed Thread