3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 1.87%
Voters: 267. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-02-20, 13:26   Link #281
I love waffles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Nin. View Post
Not enough angst or darkness as previous OPs.
What openings had a feeling of darkness and angst?
I love waffles! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 13:38   Link #282
rman0099
On my nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love waffles! View Post
Exactly....All the Naruto OPs I remember were crappy j-pop. They were pretty much light ones like that "right here, right now" thing. Now if he were thinking of Bleach then I can believe that. Bleach had some darker OPs, but as far as I can remember not Naruto.
rman0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 17:46   Link #283
RisArk

Kanashimi wo yasashisa ni

OP 3

Wasn't really light, sort of moody.
RisArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 17:52   Link #284
Pandalax

Wow. This was my first Naruto episode since the Naruto Vs. Sasuke episode. And honestly, I was impressed. After halfheartedly watching a few fillers episodes from friends' house and youtube, I thought Naruto has become a joke. This episode showed that it is anything but a joke. The new sound tracks were great and they really captured the mood of the scenes. I thought the animation for the OP and ED was kinda crappy, however, the OP had a sense of a new beginning for me. One aspect that I didn't like was that they copied certain ideas from Bleach/other anime (ie nonsense preview narrations, little comedy relief at the end of the episode).

All in all, I wish that they had stopped the anime after the sasuke battle a year ago and start it up again like this right now. The fillers really ruined the reputation for this anime.
Pandalax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 18:32   Link #285
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!

Will they ever do fillers again? once the anime catches up to the manga... what will happen?
Corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 18:38   Link #286
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn View Post
Will they ever do fillers again? once the anime catches up to the manga... what will happen?
Filler is a part of the anime world, and especially a crucial part of Naruto. So, unless something miraculous happens to stop them from doing that, they will not stop doing fillers...

Still, we have a long time for that to happen (maybe at least around 20 episodes or so).
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 19:03   Link #287
S_C_L-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
Filler is a part of the anime world, and especially a crucial part of Naruto. So, unless something miraculous happens to stop them from doing that, they will not stop doing fillers...

Still, we have a long time for that to happen (maybe at least around 20 episodes or so).
at least 20 episodes before they get to the current point in the manga. At which point the manga would be 20 chapters further aswell.
S_C_L-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 19:08   Link #288
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_C_L-1 View Post
at least 20 episodes before they get to the current point in the manga. At which point the manga would be 20 chapters further aswell.
No, 20 episodes till the start of a new arc, and the actual number might be higher (or maybe lower, don't have the count) than that.

There should be around 45-50 episodes worth manga-material right now.
Old 2007-02-20, 19:46   Link #289
S_C_L-1

Quote:
There should be around 45-50 episodes worth manga-material right now.
thats debatable. With good pacing, they can clear that in ~30 episodes.
S_C_L-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 20:03   Link #290
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_C_L-1 View Post
thats debatable. With good pacing, they can clear that in ~30 episodes.
Not very much debatable, actually.

If you go with the averaging rule used for Naruto, which is 1.86 chapters per episode, that would result in 52 episodes for 98 currently available manga chapters.

If you go with a typical scenario of 2 chapters per episode, that would make 49 episodes.

And, if you use one of the most action packed arcs in Naruto, which is the rescue Sasuke arc, as a reference point, then you need to use 2.35 chapters per episode, and that would make 42 episodes.

There is no possible way to waste 3.26 chapters on a single episode in a continuous manner. And, I don't see any need to create a very fast pace, either.
Old 2007-02-20, 20:15   Link #291
Lendial

amazing bgm it sounded ALOT like the bgm during the last fight in the 2nd movie (violiny kinda sound), ultra dramatic and well timed.

i can finaly start watching naruto now
Lendial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 21:03   Link #292
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
God its great seeing the Naruto thread come alive again with positive energy, I think we were all at our wits end looking forward to more kick ass action. Iv recently gone back to reading the manga Im trying to catch up to where the Shippuden has started.

Does anyone think that if Sakura and Naruto succeed in getting the bells from Kakashi. Naruto will automatically be made a Chunnin? I mean i cant see them making Naruto actually go through the exam again there really is no point. I think this test is as good as any especially since Kakashi is not pulling any punches if they thought it was hard before there in for a whole new ball game now that hes using his Sharingan.

Went back and watched the op again man looks the years were kind to Hinata. She was fav konoichi to begin with, but i think were going to start seeing more Hinata fans coming out.
Old 2007-02-21, 00:05   Link #293
Dains11

yo if naruto and sakura together cant get 2 freaking bells from kakashi at this stage in their ninja careers they suck. I mean its TWO BELLS, its not killing him or anything, and I'm assuming that during the time skip naruto is low jounin skill level, and Sakura should be about high chuunin. By the way, I know Gai and Kakashi are jounins, but they are like super-jounins correct? It seems theres a huge gap between jounin and then theres the 3 legendary ninjas and kage's. I feel like there should be another level, and if there were...kakashi and gai would be there ya heard?
Dains11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 00:33   Link #294
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dains11 View Post
yo if naruto and sakura together cant get 2 freaking bells from kakashi at this stage in their ninja careers they suck.
You know this is not a serious fight, even though they say otherwise.

The two has to get the bell, but Kakashi does not have to fight them, he is only expected to defend himself, so, he can still run and hide from them. In that case, it pretty much depends on who can stay fresh the longer.

And, you should not expect, Sakura and Naruto using their best attacks on Kakashi just for the bell, e.g., Gamabunta or Tsunade's summon. They will attack with their basic skills, that is all. And, in terms of......... <bleep>............. With Kakashi having the Sharingan, their levels should be pretty much greater than that, just to erase Kakashi's advantage.

Quote:
By the way, I know Gai and Kakashi are jounins, but they are like super-jounins correct? It seems theres a huge gap between jounin and then theres the 3 legendary ninjas and kage's. I feel like there should be another level, and if there were...kakashi and gai would be there ya heard?
There is no super jounin. There is jounin and tokubetsu jounin (lower class jounins). Gai and Kakashi belong to the jounin group. And, the people they are together with are quite interesting people (parents of some of the genins we know), so it is hard to guess how they compare to Gai and Kakashi.

Last edited by monir; 2007-02-21 at 00:51. Reason: Anime viewers will find out eventually!
Old 2007-02-21, 03:08   Link #295
LittleLaptopChan
My good neighbor Totoro

Send a message via ICQ to LittleLaptopChan Send a message via AIM to LittleLaptopChan Send a message via MSN to LittleLaptopChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
Not very much debatable, actually.

If you go with the averaging rule used for Naruto, which is 1.86 chapters per episode, that would result in 52 episodes for 98 currently available manga chapters.

If you go with a typical scenario of 2 chapters per episode, that would make 49 episodes.

And, if you use one of the most action packed arcs in Naruto, which is the rescue Sasuke arc, as a reference point, then you need to use 2.35 chapters per episode, and that would make 42 episodes.

There is no possible way to waste 3.26 chapters on a single episode in a continuous manner. And, I don't see any need to create a very fast pace, either.
also to add, depending on how smart they are, there's the possibility of including fairly good filler material, or at least on the level seen in these first two episodes. it may not progress the story, but if done right, like with konohamaru and meeting tsunade, it can certainly add a little bit of spice to the main story. i'd say they can get away with two seasons (~50-60 eps)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dains11
yo if naruto and sakura together cant get 2 freaking bells from kakashi at this stage in their ninja careers they suck.
in fact kakashi really should just kill them if they fail ^_^
LittleLaptopChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 06:09   Link #296
Alice Elliot
#1 Yaoi/Shonen-Ai Hater

Send a message via MSN to Alice Elliot
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLaptopChan View Post
also to add, depending on how smart they are, there's the possibility of including fairly good filler material, or at least on the level seen in these first two episodes. it may not progress the story, but if done right, like with konohamaru and meeting tsunade, it can certainly add a little bit of spice to the main story. i'd say they can get away with two seasons (~50-60 eps)
Do you really think they're smart.. after they made fillers like the curry arc... ? xD But I agree the filler material in this ep was good and not boring or ridiculous.

Ah but well Shipuuden looks great, the BGM sounds good too, especially the first scenes before the Opening starts. Somehow older Naruto kinda reminds me of Edward Elric...
Alice Elliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 10:19   Link #297
Hunter Nin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love waffles! View Post
There's this one OP where naruto is kind of lying in a desolate wasteland although the music itself is J-Pop. Also one of my favourite OPs Haruka Kanata is kinda in that direction.

This was the first Naruto Episode I have watched for a long time (hardly watched any filler) so forgive me if my memory of the OPs isn't so good but this one to me is so damn cheesy and I have never seen an OP quite like it.
Hunter Nin. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 10:30   Link #298
whatasob
MY HAND

the first ten minutes were nothing short of bloody amazing

i feel reaaaaaally back in naruto now, but out of curiosity, when do u think the kakashi gaiden arc fits in? (maybe ovas?)
whatasob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 13:15   Link #299
xPresagio

I believe that the Anime staff is saving the Gaiden for the moment when the series is about to reach the Manga. Specially if the running arc at the moment is still away from a conclusion. In that way, they will know how much to "spread" such story.

It must have been a tough call: Put the Gaiden at the beginning to add the "nostalgia" feeling to when Naruto appears again, or hold it back in order to exploit it when becomes a necessity. If lucky, they might be able to chain the the mini-story with events in the future, assuming it really has an impact in Naruto's current story (which we don't know yet).

As for the chapter, I will just say that I'm positively impressed by the management of the background music, specially in the introduction to Sasuke's new rescue attempt arc. And they really should have cut the spoilers at the moment Sakura and Naruto meets him (or later, in the sword scene).

This will be the first time that I see the series, fully knowing what will happen in the future, so I'm looking forward to hear the "theories" and general discussion from those that haven't read the Manga ahead.

Last edited by xPresagio; 2007-02-21 at 14:52.
xPresagio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 13:40   Link #300
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dains11 View Post
yo if naruto and sakura together cant get 2 freaking bells from kakashi at this stage in their ninja careers they suck. I mean its TWO BELLS, its not killing him or anything, and I'm assuming that during the time skip naruto is low jounin skill level, and Sakura should be about high chuunin. By the way, I know Gai and Kakashi are jounins, but they are like super-jounins correct? It seems theres a huge gap between jounin and then theres the 3 legendary ninjas and kage's. I feel like there should be another level, and if there were...kakashi and gai would be there ya heard?
I agree at this point in their training they should be able to get the bells im not saying its going to be easy but team work has always been a big foundation in terms of their training. Even though they have been apart for 2 years i think team work is going to be the key. IF they dont get the bells kill them kill them both.

I just wondering how Narutos going to get over being stuck at genin level