AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-17, 09:29   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 732 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Early chapter is out!

-Chapter title is "Underground World".

-The chapter focuses on the factory destruction team. While Usopp and Robin take the underground tunnel route with the dwarf army, Franky takes the east entrance of the factory on the surface, where he encounters Senor Pink of the Diamante army! The chapter ends as the dwarf army reaches the underground harbor.

Yeah, no big twists this time, but at least now we'll start to see Dofla's officers in action. Geez, that Senor Pink sure is a brazen one, isn't he....?

Last edited by Hunter; 2013-12-17 at 09:52.
Old 2013-12-17, 09:48   Link #2
J4n1

Not the most interesting chapter, but works as a setup for the future mayhem.
Old 2013-12-17, 10:04   Link #3
Zenex
Banned

Thought it was a great chapter. I do not need every chapter to be crazy just to go along with the story. A manga is ment to be viewed as a whole story not just chapter by chapter. Unlike naruto, one piece has always kept everything together.

I wonder if those are kaido ships because they are all animal ( zoan ) based. could just be randoms but you never know. Neither of the guyz talking looked badass enough to be kaido men.

Im interested in seeing all the df powers to come. This chapter is looking like it will have a war similar to marine ford.
Old 2013-12-17, 10:05   Link #4
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I like the litte overview we get of the "executives". But I have to say that at this point, the minor ones don't feel like a threat. Baby 5 and Buffalo where already taken care of by Franky alone once, Dellinger couldn't do a thing against Bartholomeo and Jora as well as Violot are out of the picture as enemies, too. I doubt the other officers are much different, although Gladius and Lao G certainly look interesting. It's mainly going to be Peeka, Diamante and Trevor, though. If Luffy will take on Doflamingo, I guess Zoro and Kinemon are going to fight Peeka and Diamante, while the guys of operation SOP are planning to attack Trevor.

I'm pretty sure that those are roughly going to be the match ups. I just wonder how long Fujitora will remain on the island, because he wouldn't be able to just let Luffy beat the crap out of a shichibukai. Anyway, next week there'll be a fight starting, so I'm looking forward to that.
Old 2013-12-17, 10:07   Link #5
marvelB

Anyways, I should note that there probably will NOT be a chapter next week, due to SJ going on a holiday break during that time. In fact, it looks like we can expect to see chapter 733 around 12/30/13. However, note that there will be ANOTHER holiday break after that, so don't expect to see chapter 734 until around mid-January. Just wanted to clarify that now.....
Old 2013-12-17, 11:03   Link #6
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Looks like Franky might have to take down four executives all by himself. Looking forward to this fight.

Senor Pink is a total pimp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Anyways, I should note that there probably will NOT be a chapter next week, due to SJ going on a holiday break during that time. In fact, it looks like we can expect to see chapter 733 around 12/30/13. However, note that there will be ANOTHER holiday break after that, so don't expect to see chapter 734 until around mid-January. Just wanted to clarify that now.....
The next chapter will come out next week, albeit probably later than usual (on Friday or so). That's how it's been every year for as far as I can remember. After that one, you're right, there won't be anything until mid-january. I hope the chapter won't end on a big cliffhanger.
Old 2013-12-17, 11:19   Link #7
james0246

Didn't Franky already easily defeat two of the executives at the same time?
Old 2013-12-17, 11:22   Link #8
Zenex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
a position is naot always given on raw power but loyalty and usefullness and brains etc.

do not think just because he defeated those 2 that all are at the same level. look at vergo he was dropped by law like a puppy dog once he got his heart back. so tho above everyone i think diamante will be stronger then him.
Old 2013-12-17, 11:54   Link #9
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Well, he was the Iron Pirate "Franky Shogun" back then, which gave him an immense power boost. Furthermore, Diamante's guys look more like the combat type, so I hope, that it won't be that easy this time.
Old 2013-12-17, 13:26   Link #10
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
Well, he was the Iron Pirate "Franky Shogun" back then, which gave him an immense power boost. Furthermore, Diamante's guys look more like the combat type, so I hope, that it won't be that easy this time.
I forgot Franky had an upgrade at the time.

Still, "Commando" sounds more powerful that "Fighter" which are the respective designations of each division. Maybe I am just revolted by Franky's opponent so much I hope he disappears as fast as he has arrived.
Old 2013-12-17, 13:42   Link #11
shalala

I wonder if Senor Pink DF lets him swim in water or just land. Looks more to be a phasing power.
Old 2013-12-17, 14:30   Link #12
Zenex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
I wonder if Senor Pink DF lets him swim in water or just land. Looks more to be a phasing power.
no need to wonder the answer is no he cant swim in water. It is one piece not naruto. oda is not kishi when he says one thing and then changes it on a whim to suite the ass pull because he writes himself into a corner or he think it would be cool.

Df user become hammers in water so no water swiming for sen. pink

also I don't think his df is a phasing ability because it clearly turned the ground into like a liquid form he can swim in. He is not phasing the ground he is changing it.

so to me his df seems to have the ability to change physical objects state. from a solid to a liquid and maybe even take liquid and make it solid or a gas etc. this is pure speculation tho

so he def cannot swim in water but maybe he can make it solid so he can walk on it similar to how aokiji turns it to ice.

That is why I always considered aokiji one of the most op df because he is so far the only one he can deal with water. if he falls over board he freezes it and moves on. all others would hit it, turn hammer and die without saving.
Old 2013-12-17, 15:01   Link #13
Zenex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Wouldn't the same apply to Monet?

But maybe there are even more broken DF powers out there. After all, when the DF users get in contact with sea water, they only lose their strenght, not their powers. If there were a DF which made it unnecessary for the user to breathe, he could sink into the water without dying. (Though since he still needs to eat, it wouldn't do him much good in the long run )
monet is a big maybe but she is a snow woman not an ice woman so how fast can she feeze water is the question right is it in time to stop her fall.

aokiji showed he can pretty much flash freeze water which is why i said that.

in all fairness there is more:

Mr3. could make a wax boat and land it

akainu could potentially become so hot water around him turns to air fast enough he could basically sink and never have the water touch him ( far fetched I know but he is an admiral)

kidd could use metal and again make some kind of raft

law could use rooms and put something under him or move himself

luffy could stretch and grab something before he hits the water if there is something there

there is alot of maybes but aokiji can in any instance even if dropped out of a plane into the middel of the ocean with nothich freeze the water and roll on.

shiki can basically fly so he is good and same with pell and marco etc

now that i think about it there is alot still i find aokiji one of the most powerful df shown.
Old 2013-12-17, 15:47   Link #14
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Franky is going to own Senor Pink. It was also nice to get the hierarchy of Doflamingo's subordinates.
Old 2013-12-17, 16:17   Link #15
JonSnow

I wonder if Senor Pink's power is the same as that x-men girl that could walk through walls.
Maybe grab Franky and sink him under/ inside a concrete wall or floor?
The main problem here is Trebol, if he's a logia, then I don't see Robin defeating him.
She already had a hard time against Monet.

Last edited by JonSnow; 2013-12-17 at 20:51.
Old 2013-12-17, 16:23   Link #16
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
After all, when the DF users get in contact with sea water, they only lose their strenght, not their powers.
This is not quite correct. If the DF changes the bodily composition of a user, the ability is not lost. But the user can't use it actively by himself. This was shown in the Arlong Park Arc when Luffy's head needed to be stretched by outside forces (Genzo and Nojiko), because he couldn't do it himself.
If the user wouldn't be robbed of his power to activate his DF by himself, Kairoseki Handcuffs would be pretty useless, don't you think

So it's more like the other way around. They lose their power instantly, but their loss of strength is depending on the water depth.

Regarding Senor Pink's ability, I'm with Zenex. It seems like he is able to change his surroundings, so no phasing à la Vigo's Zone Diver.

Last edited by ri0; 2013-12-17 at 16:58.
Old 2013-12-17, 16:29   Link #17
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
The main problem here is Trebol, if he's a logia, then I don't see Robin defeating him. She already had a hard time against Monet.
It was confirmed on Punk Hazard that only Law and the monster trio can use Haki, so everyone else is screwed against logia users (barring their elemental weaknesses, that is).
Old 2013-12-17, 17:31   Link #18
Zenex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
It was confirmed on Punk Hazard that only Law and the monster trio can use Haki, so everyone else is screwed against logia users (barring their elemental weaknesses, that is).
Does not mean she will no develop haki in the middle of the fight. with how universal haki is all the straw hats will be able to use it by the end in one form or another if not both. they will not be as strong with it as luffy and zoro etc... but as long as they can use it a bit then they can hit logias.

So though they cannot use it yet They could develop it at any time. most likely when needed to protect a friend or when they are on the brink of defeat in an important fight.

I think:

usopp will learn to apply it to his weapons like the kuja triba does

nami - will at least get observation haki

robin - will at least get arament and i think she will learn at least shigan ( finger pistol) because with her df that would be crazy

franky - arament for sure if he gets it

brooks - an observation kinda fighter to me

chopper - really hard to say but he is a doctor so im willing to say observation developed over someone sick and dying and he will hear it or sense it and realize what it is.

To be honest i think they will all get both eventually but these are my choices for which one they will figure out first.
Old 2013-12-17, 18:20   Link #19
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Don't forget seastone. I wouldn't be too surprised if Franky had some. He could have upgraded his fists or made a weapon.
Old 2013-12-17, 18:28   Link #20
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The next chapter will come out next week, albeit probably later than usual (on Friday or so).

Hence the "probably" in my post. But I'll be keeping a lookout all the same.

Anyway, I also appreciated the spread of the Dofla family's hierarchy. I also like how it kept pretty consistent with what we learned about Vergo at PH and listed him as an "elite officer" (so I guess around the same rank as Diamante/Trebol/Pica, then?). Also, as tough as Franky is, I'm not sure about him taking on all four of Diamante's men by himself..... maybe he'll get some help in the form of Luffy's group (if the toy house happens to lie on the path to the palace), or Koala, who we just saw last chapter.....
Closed Thread